[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, strawberrysnuggles said:

Long time lurker here, I just had to get out of "lurking" for the love of this drama. Just want to get out on idea... :sweatingbullets:

Regarding  one of the Princes' killing his brothers when he ascends throne,

I remember someone said: that the Astronomer (Jimong) "might have had" a reason why he had to have "someone" come from another time (future) and he made sure that it was a good person. ( a girl that gave him a drink when he was disguised as a homeless person) That would be Ko Ha-jin.

Let's say that Wang So was INDEED the future King who would kill of his brothers, because of his bad reputation as somebody who's a brutal killer, etc. Jimong mostlikely already knows this and taking someone like  Ko Ha-jin, who has a lot of similarities with Wang So ( except their one big difference is that Hajin probably have a better childhood, treated by parents nicely and brought up as a good person despite her misgivings) will definitely change Wang So's future regarding him killing his brothers...  meeting and falling in love will "soften" him up and end up not killing any of them unless he has to.

And I am also thinking that Jimong already knows that Haesoo is going or is already in the palace at the time, (because of Lady Hae's worsening condition) so its perfect time for him to get someone (Hajin.) into the picture.

Just my 2 cents,

PS. Love reading everybodys' theories here.... you could all write a "better script" than the writer of this show !  If only... :)

I thought of that too because in the real history there's no mention of Wang So killing off all his brothers or even 1 of his brothers so, the writers must have made that up for that purpose you mentioned. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

That´s funny - thanks to Moon Lovers I searched again for Gwangjong of Goryeo  - and what gives Google me?

Lee Joon Gi!!!!

WOW - a lot people must check him out as 4th Prince...

You said it - EPIC and PERFECT!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

That youtuber had made another MLSHR mv, but it was blocked due to copyright issues. She/he's trying to fix the problem and reupload it, and I'm very eager to watch it, if its quality matches the other's...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

That youtuber had made another MLSHR mv, but it was blocked due to copyright issues. She/he's trying to fix the problem and reupload it, and I'm very eager to watch it, if its quality matches the other's...

Whaaa - I wanted to ask her too if there is a way to see it - blocked for me too. And yes - very promising . might be asked to much if we wish for a Part 2 with all the new Wang So Scenes... extremly taking of the mask.... right

• Like 6

To me Hae Soo looks too shy & awkward with Wook, like when you're around your crush LOL and she met him when she just had a bad breakup, Wook seems more like a rebound relationship. 

I have a question, does anyone knows the meaning behind what Wang So did in the teacher & paper boats scene?  He looked like he was being a smartass student but I didn't get it lol   

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

That´s funny - thanks to Moon Lovers I searched again for Gwangjong of Goryeo  - and what gives Google me?

Lee Joon Gi!!!!

WOW - a lot people must check him out as 4th Prince...

Love this.

Scarlet Heart, causing people to do in-depth analysis of phrases, decipher missing scenes, admire the craft of horseback riding, and sparking an interest in history.

• Like 20

I think the character of Haesoo is more heart than brains, which to me explains how she seemingly behaves so naively and often rushing in where 'angels fear to thread' in the palace, even though she claimed that she is smart and a quick learner. Her past history points to that as she had lost her house, and her boyfriend to her best friend and only found out when she accidentally witnessed their meeting.

The great fear of being raped on the night of the supposed wedding to the king, caused Haesoo to cut herself to get out of the situation.The actress, IU seems to be a quiet introvert by nature and perhaps that's why I often struggle to read the depth of emotions, even in that situation. I really like her but nevertheless, sometimes I understand the criticism thrown at her. But I have less problem with her supposedly vacant, wide eyed, 'deer caught in the head light ' look when Wang So forced Haesoo to look at him at the end of ep7..it just look wide eyed and child like to me. at first a little fearful but it relaxed a bit to just look into his eyes.

Wang So's scar, I think, should be what some writers may describe as 'red and angry' and perhaps  the make up artist should have done that for  a more shocking effect on viewers. Nevertheless, the feelings associated with a scar across on the face must at least be that one always feel that others are looking at it. And in Wang So's case the feeling of alienation of being  looked at as an object with horror and fascination, is heightened with his dysfunctional 'family' and abandonment.

I  wish the music and editing are better because so much have gone into the backdrop, clothes etc to create the right atmosphere and the came the incongruent effect of the music and in ep 7 there was suddenly, a scene of Wang Soo in a classroom standing up to pour out the water that the teacher was demonstrating..end of scene.. jump back to him talking to the general, in his 'sporting' gear. I often felt a shout to sack the music  and editing team coming out at the back of my brain.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, irilight said:

He is so observant. He seems to never miss a thing to do with her...

He is a very good observer - in all cases... but yes - his Eyes where always with her... even when he did not notice it.

Thats why I´m sure he knows very welll who she likes.... poor So ...

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

:o It's only that another IU fan retweeted and all the comments below were "They are so cute". 

Oh...I didn't knew it was originally posted by a hater? :o I will delete it. :) 

Actually this just strikes me that two person can look at the same thing and interpret it differently.

Just like k audience n Intl audience seeing the drama differently.

It's very interesting. Is alcohol a poison or a cleaning fluid? It depends on the usage of course.

Dun feel bad about it.,

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

I have a question, does anyone knows the meaning behind what Wang So did in the teacher & paper boats scene?  He looked like he was being a smartass student but I didn't get it lol   

I think the teacher asked them how can the 3 boats  get out of the river.

But So flipped the question and pour out the water by saying make the river disappear.

Here he is demonstrating his ability to think out of the box. 

Just like when both wook n him were trying to stop the kings marriage to Soo. Wook just kneeled and beg but So came in to present a different solution.:)

I heard Google has tough and strange questions for interviews too. I am sure So will be able to pass the interview with flying colours :D

• Like 21

13 hours ago, notintoyou said:

Wang So tells Hae Soo "Look at me. Look at me properly. Your eyes, that look in your eyes, I hate it like crazy." Here's my take on it.

First we need context. When Wang So was first spanning around the room to see everyone's reactions, Hae Soo (Wang Jung was looking at him too, I wonder if this is intentional or a mistake) looks concerned and in the next shot with everyone looking away, she looks heartbroken.

Wang So expected everyone to look away, but when he looked at Hae Soo again, she wasn't. She's holding her gaze with him, trying to tell him 'I'm your friend, I'm here for you'. And when they zoomed in, you could also hear that she let out a breath. What I'm seeing and feeling from her is empathy. When their eyes met, Wang So looked away because her reaction is unusual to what he has experienced his whole life. He is embarrassed, he had to bare his insecurity to someone he is falling in love with. So he ran.

Hae Soo chased after Wang So, concerned with having Wang Eun apologize to him. She's worried about his relationship with his brothers, knowing their grim future. She continues to make eye contact with him, completely unnerved by the scar. Wang So sees himself as a disfigured monster, but Hae Soo doesn't. With or without his mask, she has been looking at him the same way. That's why he tells her to look at him properly. He had that look of satisfaction when everyone treated him as he expected. But when she had that look of empathy for him, he was shaken.

(I've been loving IU as Hae Soo so far, but I wish she acted differently when Wang So looked so vulnerable when he said he hates the look in her eyes. But the thing is I don't know what she should be portraying, sadness is too extreme given their current non-relationship. If I was in her shoes I'd probably be confused. Or tell him to stop the man handling. He was doing so well too lol.)

We know Wang So is vulnerable not only because of his scar, but also because of his growing feelings for Hae Soo. But she isn't aware of the latter. She is currently treating him as a friend. As much as I get giddy when they're together, I don't want their love relationship to be some cure for him. want Hae Soo to tell Wang So to stop focusing on his pain and insecurity, but focus on how those things will make him stronger.

Personally, I found nothing wrong with the way IU gazed back when he told her he hates the look in her eyes. Rather than just the eyes alone, the way her eyebrows were framed (for the lack of a better word) provides the expression of not pity, but real concern for him. In fact I felt she did a good job expressing how she knows he is hurt, his ultimate vulnerability was just exploited. It's something that can't be overdone because otherwise it will look like she is pitying him.

• Like 20

@notintoyou in the bts pix of both of them on the horse, IU is holding something on the saddle. LJG is still holding the black rein of the horse with his left hand. He was still the " driver":)

@LyraYoo I highly recommend you watch LJG healing camp interview on YouTube, his entrance was galloping full speed on a white stallion n Jeju island:w00t: he is really an expert rider.

In this aspect, I am glad he is the one on the horse with IU, not the other princes. Whether

Apologise for my obsession on the horse riding :D

@loveandpeace09 hi refer to my post before yours about the boats

• Like 13

From my perspective, what happened between Wang So and Hae Soo was a huge step in their relationship. Why?

Wang So was both, hurt (because he thought she had pushed him to do something he hates) and encouraged (because if she was there, then he wouldn’t be alone) by Hae Soo to take off the mask. And I maybe he had the hope that his brothers would react different, but they did exactly as he imagined. Then he looked for the only one that had told him with confidence that she wasn’t scared of him.

“Oh, so that’s what she really meant.” He probably thought when he saw her pity.

And he got angry. At her, at his mother, at his cursed life. He got angry because he had thought for the first time in his life that happiness was possible for him.

She had told him that she could relate to him but, at the end, how can anybody relate to a monster?

On the other side we have Hae Soo, who lately has been noticing his warm heart, she has seen his weaknesses, his worst side. She also has accepted his personality as it is (which we know, most of it is a façade) and by doing that she has stepped through the door that he left open only for her.

Even after witnessing all this, I doubt she thinks of him as a weak person. Hae Soo is the kind of woman who likes to see the best in the other one. When he unmasked again she didn’t feel pity, I believe she was worried about him. Consciously or unconsciously she cared about him being hurt.

Then why didn’t she say anything to Wang So when he confronted her? Well, don’t you know that overwhelming feeling that kicks in you when you realize you’ve hurt a dear person? Hae Soo was left without words by his emotions moving her owns.

“He cares about how I see him. I hurt him.” She must’ve thought to realize she also cares.

Of course it isn’t love yet, but it is caring indeed. And the fact that they had a chance to test their true feelings and thoughts in that argument (even if she didn’t say anything, her body language talked by itself) it’s a huge step into getting to trust each other more.

The slow romance is killing me. I love it.

tumblr_odgcxeFofo1vcoebpo6_r1_400.giftumblr_odgcxeFofo1vcoebpo5_r1_400.gif
tumblr_odgcxeFofo1vcoebpo1_400.giftumblr_odgcxeFofo1vcoebpo2_400.gif
tumblr_odgcxeFofo1vcoebpo3_400.giftumblr_odgcxeFofo1vcoebpo4_400.gif
  • Like 18

now that i rewatch eps 7 i just want to highlight the scene where WS told HS to watch straight into his eyes.. he really mad at that point you can see in his eyes because how can she just look at him like there nothing wrong with him rather than react like a normal person.. digust and pity...

when she DID look at him like nothing wrong his face changed and his tone is almost pleading when he said ' that eyes , that stare i hate it like crazy'.. 

his face and tone for me is about his feeling... not because of his scar or anything but more about how HS can just effect him so much.. even her stare will do something to him..  that just my interpretation about this scene.. 

i love how fragile WS can be around HS.. how he always looking for her.. and how WS always smilling when with her.. this guy is falling in love and falling hard.. and now he knew about it i doubt that he will do nothing about it..

and starting next week i think we can see the protective and obsessive nature of WS.. he will be HS protector and stand by her.. 

i love in preview HS 

'what if its not the scar but pain in the heart' 

HS understand WS the most... that's why she will help him not because out of pity but she understand how hurt he is.. i imagine WW would not like it but HS is the type will do what she want.. i doubt she will stop caring for WS just because WW didn't like it..

• Like 19

I have a question. This is bugging me and so bothering me even i think when it will happen. 

I don't watch the chinese version and even my friend told me all the story in chinese version, i havent found anything about their story and i feel so bad every time I watch this drama like gosh, this drama is an adaptation from chinese drama, you should make a research for them since i like Wang So and Hae Soo. 

Since Hae Soo already together with Wook, i am curious when she starts to love with Wang So since Wang So already fall in love with her and he realized it all the way. 

I am curious and please somebody tell me about the Chinese version of Ruoxi fell in love with the 4th Prince as well as the Korean adaptation 

i am so clueless :( 

• Like 7

SBS is broadcasting two different versions of the episodes of Moon Lovers. One in the official station and another in the chinese station, both containing different scenes and editing scenes each other.
If you ask the reason why SBS is be doing this: Audience. Many Koreans are preferring to watch Moonlight live and Moon Lovers online on the Internet later, but now, the station is putting scenes that do not have the online versions to draw attention of the public in live broadcasts for a whole content exclusive channel. Unfortunately this is complicating life for all subs and online platforms that bought the rights and are not having the promised content and complete to the public. They started doing this this week and is likely to continue.

I FOUND THIS INFORMATION ON FACEBOOK FAN PAGE OF IU FROM BRASIL

• Like 12