[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@qwenli let ne join you in the spazzing... you did so much research to find how to ride and even sit , for that matter, on a horse.... wow daebak...

@MoOnLoVeRz lovely lock screen caps... thanks for posting.  And keep it coming....I am having a collection and tough time to decide which to put my lock screen.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, cherilyn said:
  Hide contents

@junee22 Do you mean he is not acting in saeguks anymore? Was this in an interview?

he didnt exactly say he wont take a historical anymore. he said he think this should be his last and he want to try other genre of shows.

if you check his resume, since after army, every year, he participated in one historical. He must be quite tired and want to try other stuff.

• Like 21

@cherilyn About Lee Joon Gi... If I remember correctly... I read that he said some time ago that this will be his last saeguk in his 30's. It doesn't means he won't be in saeguk anymore. It's only that he wants to make other types of dramas. :) 

EDIT: Fans like @minmar @LyraYoo @cedarwood of the Lee Joon Gi thread that follows his activities knows better than me. ;) So...if I am wrong...they will tell us. :P

• Like 19

16 hours ago, fairyalice said:
  18 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Guys...as much  as SHR is addictive so is this thread. I watched episode raw and thought to sleep as its 2am but could not resist checking in here to check the aftermath of so mucj WS on screen and that close up done at end...* I am yet to come out of my SHRland*

Rest will be added onve I watch subs...but just one thing want to say...

WW putting the bracelet on HSs wrist covering the scar, is just like a mask  to cover it as WS has to cover his scar. So I'd say WW hasnt accepted her scar rather he is trying to hide it to make HS fit their society.  And I dint like that.  WS should kiss that scar of hers just as we wanted HS to kiss his scar to prove they have accepted each other completely with all flaws.

rest that preview WS looking up at her as she removes the mask...  and what was no shown was desperate hug scene....so waiting for next eposode now.

@bebebisous33 as yiu said how WW will treat WSwill have impact on WW-HS story.

Annyong everyone... m off to sleep to see my WS smiling today....

16 hours ago, fairyalice said:

I THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING. It was really obvious how much he was trying to hide it, especially with the way he was even adjusting and pressing it against the scar. Dude kissing the scar would be way more romantic and meaningful than giving her a pretty bracelet!

UGHHHH WE HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE WEEK NOWWWWW 6 MORE DAYS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I heard the special episode is on tonight, right? Does anyone know what it's going to be about? Recap or some bonus goodies?

Chingu's  @bebebisous33 You are correct WW's treatment of his brother will ruin his chance with WS. Also after watcing the preview, WW telling her after the rain he will ask hid father permission for something but before he can even ask WS is planing his move.  evil smile onion headevil smile onion head  I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED HOPING HE MAKES THE MOVE AND SHE DOESN'T RUN AWAY.  

Hearing what he told WS about his scar, really pissed me off chingu's how dare he. WHo the hell does he think he is ?? hate onion headhate onion head

@fairyalice @KdramaSwimmer  I feel like you guys do, WW played it all wrong with the scar. He is choosing to hide her scar when she got the scar because she was the only one who could save herself. WS would never hide her scar, i remeber the scene when he told her Never do that again or he will never forgive her while she answered him watch his fingers they were carressing the wound unlike WW pushed the necklace to cover it up. Hae Soo too infatuated with WW to realize what the symbolism of the bracelet.  depressed2 onion head   depressed2 onion head  

• Like 20

23 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

anyone knows about episode 7 part 2 ?

It was only a special that can't be considered Episode 7 - part 2. Was only a recap from episode 1 to 7, plus the "history guy" (that is not part of the drama) talking about Goryeo. Nothing new. 

Also, I have to say...that it seems that while doing that special (from episodes 1 to 7) SBS didn't mind to put all the rap and ost of the international version. :rolleyes: So, Wang So and Hae Soo ending ost in the edited version of SBS on Tuesday (episode 7), is different from what SBS released in the special on Wednesday. The song that was playing in that moment was the one "Tatatararara...." of EXO (For you). 

EDIT: I just hope SBS will continue editing the drama until the last episode...because I like the edited version more. I don't think is for making Wang So more relevant... It's only that the edited version of SBS makes the story more understandable by adding crucial scenes, that I don't know why are deleted in the original version of Moon Lovers. 

• Like 18

@LyraYoo sorry horse cracked me up during a meeting in offc and i m controlling my giggle while reading this page.

@qwenli thanks for bringing the attention to horse.

And horse should get his due cause ita the most important character which made it possible for uri scar couple to elope.

I agree.. we have so much to discuss but how can we distract our attention from WSs smiling faces to discuss anything else abt the show. 

@UnniSarah chingu yaa so true... WW and WS Did exact opposite with HSs scar and as of now HS is just smitten by love to notice anything wrong that WW does. 

• Like 15

5 hours ago, MadraRua said:

I've been to a number of different sites and Scarlet Heart Ryeo is Number .1 viewed/downloaded. Here's a few screenshots

So sod the domestic ratings. Scarlet Heart Ryeo is a hit everywhere else. Eclipses ''Hwaiting'' \^o^/

Edit: Here's the deleted scenes at the lake where Wang So thinks about his growing love for Hae Soo, Love his little shake of the head at the end. He's totally in denial.

This is interesting. Despite the Scarlet Heart being simulcasted in various countries, the drama still receive the most downloads. I would understand this phenomena should the drama not aired at the same time. So to speak, Scarlet Heart really is well-received internationally. Well done.

Edited by LyraYoo
Pls do not quote images
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

It's not just you. He is a very shifty character. While he aided in the rescue attempt of Hae Soo, I couldn't help but feel he was a reluctant participant. Also those lines you quoted, he's very snarky towards Hae Soo and dare I say a little disdainful? That's his way of expressing it without being overtly malevolent.

Also in the c-version, 9th Prince used Ruoxi's maid to spy on her and 4th Prince. The maid was in love with 9th Prince and loyal to him only. We've seen a snippet of how Chae Myong (is that how you spell it?) and 9th Prince also have some connection here. After she was whipped they shared a significant look before 9th Prince hastily looked away.

In the c-version it also has to be said that 9th Prince held no love for Ruoxi. He couldn't understand how she would go to the gisaeng parlour and drink with 13th. He saw her as an immoral woman and this was especially so after she left 8th Prince. He couldn't understand that. He was a loyal supporter of 8th's from the beginning to the very end.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I honestly was thinking he's a harmless extra character who just like to play around, but hearing the "Next time you might be dead." feels like a backhanded compliment, it doesn't sit right with me. Oh yeah, it's true that Chaeryung will have a one sided love with 9th, the actress said that in LJK V App live, ahha...almost forgot about that. Oh my...the C-version 9th prince sounds really terrible...just reading your description about him infuriates me! But I think the K-Ver 9th Prince seems to be the supporter of Wang Yo...I assume this because when Hae Soo and Wang Eun fights, 9th only gets out after Wang Yo gets out. Before, he was just saying "Ayyy, they are so immature!" when he heard fighting cries...hmmm...it seems this character will be an interesting one for viewers to guess which side he's on. :smirk:

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

About the horse... I loved the scene from first episode when LJG jump from his horse immediately after he entered in the palace. Before he kills his horse. I replay that scene for many times... LJG was so natural and agile in that scene.

We do have so much to discuss even on the horse... we all rock this place...

Btw I loved the opening scene when WS rides the horse and eclipse on background. That whole scene  was so beautiful captured hats off to cinematographer. And LJKs horse riding skill was icing on the cake.

I want some more of Scar couple horse riding moment with WS Being naughty and playful mood.... *did I just say that* can I have this scene to drama gods...

Sorry guys for my rambling... have nothing tk do right now ( sitting in cab stuck in traffic) but to lighten my mood and hv fun here....

• Like 17

Hey Fellow Moon-Lover--Lovers!! I should say experts because I am confused again!!\

Why is there snow in some scenes? and LUSH Green in others? Was this drama pre-produced?

For example the walking in snow scene/lady hae passing away and lady's funeral.

• Like 6

@Gabi Bros @qwenli Thanks for the explanation. It is understandable why he wants to play roles in other genres. When he is mentioned, my mind automatically thinks sageuks, even though the first drama I saw with him in it was My Girl (first case of 2nd lead syndrome >.<).

1 hour ago, loveandpeace09 said:

What is more interesting is the ending ! She goes back to the world she came from and finds the 4th prince there...Holy Moly! Like a re-incarnation....only thing is he does not know the whole thing that happened. Holy Moly. :flushed:

I dont know if the Korean version will do a similar thing to this. What are your thoughts? 

In the original Scarlet Heart novel, that the C-drama was based on, 

Spoiler

the ending was different from the C-drama. I don't believe that the main female character was brought back to the world she came from in the novel. Her death in the historical period was final.

I don't know whether the K-drama is using the C-drama or the books as a basis though. Thoughts?

However, I think there are a lot of lines in the K-version that kind of point to reincarnations and rebirths:

1. Scene between the General and Wang So where the General said something along the lines of how Wang So will have to pay for the deaths he has caused no matter how many times he dies and is reborn. 

2. There was also the scene where the 9th asks Haesoo how many times she has died/almost died.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about Haesoo showing the 13th prince the OK sign in EP6?

Spoiler

In the C-version, she showed this sign to the 14th prince, and it was her sign for the 14th prince to get her out of the palace at the end of the drama.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, getsuya said:

Hi! I was only a silent lurker up till now but I have some ideas on my mind that I would like to share.

It's about the premonition. I have watched it repeatedly at least ten times and it seems as it shows the death of three kings.

The 1st is obviously kingTeajo - we can clearly see his face, but the second and the third are different men I think. It is possible that the k-ver drama will go according to the history and WS will become the 4th king after CR and Yo. The face of the 3rd king is blurred but it looks much like a young man's. Also, Soo remembers that Gwangjong is the 4th king and not the next as she thought at the beginning. But HOW that manage to fit it into 20 episodes is a mystery to me!!:blink:

Please share your thoughts. Or maybe someone has already written about that? :sweatingbullets:

One more, it is a question related to C-version of MLSHR. Major spoilers inside!

Hide contents

In c-drama 4th prince (king at that time) finds about Ruoxi and 8th romance very late - like last episode or one before! I really hated that part. It has hurt 4th prince very much and was a direct reason he allowed the marriage between Ruoxi and 14th prince.

Unfortunately, there is nothing showing that WS knows/suspects about Soo and WW feelings. What do you think?

I would hate it if the director would do it the c-version way!!!! :tears:

Spoiler

I have a feeling that WS knows about WW and Soo feelings cause when Soo was going to be wed off WW was there to stop it and would you know a guy that would risk everything to stop a wedding especially the king? I think WS knows they have feeling for each other. How WW treats her is more than a little sister and the poem. But as we know he's already starting to have feelings for Soo already and probably will win over WW in which I cannot wait

• Like 8

1 hour ago, finebyme said:

Hey Fellow Moon-Lover--Lovers!! I should say experts because I am confused again!!\

Why is there snow in some scenes? and LUSH Green in others? Was this drama pre-produced?

I'm not an expert for sure but my opinion it's like they skipped over certain periods of time (from winter on spring, something like this). For example Lady Hae died at the end of winter and Hae Soo enter in the palace next spring... etc... Maybe someone else will have a better explanation than me.  I understand that the original series had 50 episodes, but the producers have chosen that K-version to have only 20. They were forced to compress the action and skip the time.

• Like 11

Hi guys, my first time posting in this thread, and this thread is sure moving like Usain Bolt! :D When I was at my office, I was able to read about 5 pages before I went home and decided to continue once I got home. When I arrived, there was like 10 pages added! LOL

I've been following this drama recently and I don't regret that I did. At first it was pure to fill the boredom of waiting Wed-Thur's drama since I rarely watch saeguk and it seems the story is quite interesting. However LJK is capturing my heart with his intense gaze, causing heart attack and I can't resist this drama anymore! *swoon*

This is gonna be a very short question and I really want you guys to give me insights to the last scene of episode 7. I've read all the latest posts and couldn't agree more to some, but I'm quite confused with the translation tho. The one that I watched translates So's line as "That look in your eyes... I hate it it makes me crazy." whereas what I read in this thread mostly says "That look in your eyes... I hate it like crazy." Those two translations gives different vibes (if it is the first then it has meaning that So acknowledges that now Soo is already 'something' to him to the point that her gaze disturbs him, but if it is the latter the meaning would be more to So defining Soo's gaze which drives him crazy as Soo knows so much about him. Note the differences?), and as I know enough Korean (but not with saeguk lines tho... so confusing lmao) "미치게 싫어" is a bit ambiguous as it can be interpreted literally or semantically. I wonder which one is interpreted by Koreans, but hoping that "I hate it it makes me crazy." is the actual message that So told to Soo. The meaning is similar, but the message is different!

What do you guys think? Am I thinking too much? :lol:

• Like 22

46 minutes ago, finebyme said:

@Diana Blanche Yes, I think it is to indicate that they skipped over periods of time. 

I don't think that it is only because the C-version has 35 episodes compared to the 20 in the K-version. I believe that the C-version covers ~15+ years of Rouxi's life, from the time she goes back in history to the 

Spoiler

time she dies. 

I think the K-version will also use many time skips to cover the period from Taejo Wang to when the 4th becomes king.

Edited by cherilyn
  • Like 12