[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

OMG. I am not understanding this at all. In terms of t,he princess ( the sister to the 8th princes), did she want to marry one of the princes?!!!!  Are they not all siblings?  The king is her dad so they are all half or full siblings. How can they get married ?  The 3rd prince ask her to marry him but she wants the 4th prince  WS to offer her a better deal as the 3rd already is married or has a marriage contract.  This is insane. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, piglets888 said:

OMG. I am not understanding this at all. In terms of t,he princess ( the sister to the 8th princes), did she want to marry one of the princes?!!!!  Are they not all siblings?  The king is her dad so they are all half or full siblings. How can they get married ?  The 3rd prince ask her to marry him but she wants the 4th prince  WS to offer her a better deal as the 3rd already is married or has a marriage contract.  This is insane. 

In those days marrying a half brother is nothing wrong since their fathers have many wives

19 minutes ago, valsava said:

@sarasona  If you read his interview LJK says that he has completed his period piece of works and he will be moving on to do different things but he will start in action because he likes it and he knows his body can take it.. It would be in modern time..   

Did he said he will take rom com??... I love seeing in action but still I wanna see him goof around.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, arabela said:

I wonder if will not be to impossible for HS to reconcile her love for WS with her morality and her friendship for other princes ... after seeing the singing scene - it will be so hard for her to see that he will kill not only his brother but also her friends ... I imagine it could be heartbreaking ... I have no idea how will she be able to live with this ... she is a modern girl and a very kind one .. WS will break her heart ....

As I understand it, the history describes him as a tough king but not unfair. Maybe he had good reasons to do that. Treason or attempt on the unity of his country. Besides I don't think she will live long enough to see these facts.

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Caelia Celia said:

@arabela

so , are u saying that So will kill all of his brothers x'D .. ? .. or some of them ?

I believe he well kill yo , I REALLY WANT TO SEE SO KILL HIM  X'D .. I hate him so much ..

what about the others ? 

I dont know who will kill, I just read on the forum and in the drama that he kills his brother - even HS remember the 4 th king as the one who killed his brother;

• Like 8

Hurro chingu's!

Been a while since I posted anything - but i've enjoyed reading all your analyses about SHR. In general I definitely agree re: the editing. It seems rather strange to have two different versions and leave out crucial scenes that make the story flow better, but it is the only criticism I could give at this point. 

I'm thoroughly enjoying the rest, the actors are settling in, the characters are currently consistent, the cinematography is stunning (the pink and aqua clothing IU was wearing looked beautiful on her, and the pace is picking up. 

I am hoping that we will see more LJK as the story goes on, we are up to episode 8 now, so almost half-way, I have a feeling that the first half of the drama will be Soo/Wook focused which is understandable and KHN and IU are doing a wonderful job of selling the earnest and youthful stirrings of love - their smiles and joy around being near each other is uplifting and while I can appreciate that kind of love and romance, I am very much looking forward to the all-consuming more passionate affair with Soo/So. 

Already we can see that Wang So is falling deeply for Soo and doesn't quite know what to do about it - which I find quite poignant. He almost seems scared to accept what he's feeling and i'm wondering what kind of sign he will need from HS to take that next step, unless HS takes it first. The unconditional support she gives him for no reason at all is heart-warming and LJK plays off this beautifully - he's exceptional at nuance.

There is more rolling around in my brain, don't get me started on Hae Soo's scar and how differently WW and WS have handled that. But work beckons, have a good day / evening everyone!

• Like 19

28 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

As I understand it, the history describes him as a tough king but not unfair. Maybe he had good reasons to do that. Treason or attempt on the unity of his country. Besides I don't think she will live long enough to see these facts.

Yes, I think he will have very good political reasons; never the less I dont think for HS these reason will be enough ; or at least as I understand now she is very worried with these facts, and wants to stop it - like her thoughts when she was singing in front of all of them ...

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:
Spoiler

But I know up to this day she likes to ride horses. I want at least one scene of her alone in a horse on the drama. :)

@Gabi Bros   Thanks for the enlightment I had never know her to work with horses and it's a real eye opener for me like you I want to see her riding alone maybe in a scene with her and WS escaping the palace to a place of sererinty just the two of them,,

1 hour ago, Mona Ys said:

OOT: his new movie (Chinese production) is a love story, but as much as I love LJK in romance, the movie is just not my taste (maybe because I'm not used to a chinese-style movie and I didn't like the chinese actress). His other older movie (with Japanese production) when he was younger, was a sweet rom-com, and I loved it, he was so cute with the Japanese actress, and they were so young hehe... He really needs to make Korean movies again, please... I hope he chooses a great movie project next, not just dramas.

@Mona Ys  One thing for sure whatever he pick next will have a lot of action in it and I'm all for it.. I'm going to miss him doing these period piece but I think he won't disaapoint his fans when a role that fits his abiltities just happens to be a saguek.. LOL

1 hour ago, piglets888 said:

@piglets888  In those days it wouldn't be frowned upon if they both had the same dads but different mothers even if the male prince don't take the throne and they succeed in having children.. If they decide to change the throne they kids would be first in line to be it that both parents are of royal blood pure royal blood I should say this is why you find Kings marrying there first cousins uncles or aunts daughters.. Yes but you did see that scene right she's a very ambitions girl she wants to be queen herself the top dog and by god she will do whatever she can to get there..

48 minutes ago, Caelia Celia said:

@arabela

so , are u saying that So will kill all of his brothers x'D .. ? .. or some of them ?

I believe he well kill yo , I REALLY WANT TO SEE SO KILL HIM  X'D .. I hate him so much ..

what about the others ? 

@Caelia Celia  I thinks he's going to kil them all like in history.. I want WY to be the first on his hit list..

• Like 9

@arabela

Ty , for yr reply , yup I saw that , but I was thinknig which brothers he's going to kill

since he have a beautiful mind to think , I just want the ones whom is going to kill are the one's whom going to step against him xD in all ways ..

And his relationship with his other brothers the good & cute ones .. to last .. hopfuly .. 

Since I finished watching 7 ep .. Why yet there is no traveling mashine till now .. so I can go to the futuer and watch all the next eps till the end !! JAPAN PLZ .. CREATE IT !! ..I realy need ep 8 .. 9 .... 15 ..20 .. ugh .. I can't wait .. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@Gabi Bros you don't want to share that particular tweet... It's making fun of our show, insulting HS and WS...

:o It's only that another IU fan retweeted and all the comments below were "They are so cute". 

Oh...I didn't knew it was originally posted by a hater? :o I will delete it. :) 

• Like 6

Hey everyone, Just caught up with this week's episode. I saw 2 versions of the drama. One had scenes missing ,the other had subtitles missing. Lol. Why are there 2 versions of the episodes? 

Epi 7: The best moment for me was when WS realizes he likes HS and how pretty she is, while she was singing HB song for the 10th prince by the lake. 

Also how pretty is the Royal concubine Oh? I always thought she was pretty in her shows but this is the first time I saw her in a historical drama, an she is so pretty.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, valsava said:

@Caelia Celia  I thinks he's going to kil them all like in history.. I want WY to be the first on his hit list..

even Eun & baek ah .. ?

hmm , Since we all for sure are waiting for so to kill that WY .. can't SO just give WY a huge and deep scars on all his face and body .. then but a salt snd lemon .. sure with a black pepper on it ? then kills him .. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Caelia Celia said:

even Eun & baek ah .. ?

hmm , Since we all for sure are waiting for so to kill that WY .. can't SO just give WY a huge and deep scars on all his face and body .. then but a salt snd lemon .. sure with a black pepper on it ? then kills him .. 

LMAO How about some lye

• Like 4

6 hours ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Firstly I loved your post, so sorry to cut it! Allow me to add my 2 cents on the highlighted scene above.

What really sets Hae Soo apart from all the others in the room, and I am guessing that this is what the writers perhaps wanted to tell us, is not just that she dares to look at his bare face straight on without being bothered by the scar. I think, more importantly, she can actually look directly into his eyes without even paying attention to the scar. 
Hae Soo has seen his scar before. She is not shocked by it at all. The only thing bothering her is what it means to Wang So's feelings to be left without his mask.
When I watched the scene you mentioned, I didn't think she looked compassionate and upset because she saw the scar again... In fact it was Eun's mistake and the hurtful gaze in Wang So's eyes that caused her to look that way. Hence I'm pretty sure her eyes weren't stuck on his scar. Wang So's and Hae Soo's gaze met directly and that was what actually pulled all these diggers with him. 
It's Hae Soo's nature to never show any common reaction which keeps on catching Wang So off guard. He does not know what to make of her. However, he realizes that she has already left a great impact on him and it must scare him to a certain extend. He has never depended on anybody. But his walls towards her are melting. He hates that she leaves him confused. He knows caring will place him in danger. Yet it seems as though he cannot stop his heart from going towards her.

I cannot wait for next weeks' episodes. I'm just waiting for a bomb to explode in this palace...

THIS POST IS TRULY AMAZING! Yes I absolutely agree with you and for sure your analysis is better than mine I love it :) 

It's so true whatever Soo does catches So off guard. And I guess in a sense he feels vulnerable and frustrated. He's just like OMG what is this girl doing to me. And like you've said being treated with kindness and affection is something he has never known and it's so foreign to him he doesn't know how to accept it.

HAHAHA your final comment just wraps it up for me. Amazing post! Thanks so much for putting in your thoughts :D 

• Like 10