[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Just to add to the theory that Wook's so outraged/upset by Soo getting imprisoned/leaving/etc., maybe they have a fight or something beforehand? That way, he'd feel even more upset about losing her, since there'd be little chance of reconciliation because it seems like there is no chance for him to get her to forgive him because they'll be completely separated. After all, if they do want to show Soo moving on from Wook, they should fight about...something before she is hopefully whisked away by So. :P 

Just my 2 cents. ^^ 

• Like 11

Let me share my thoughts on how I perceive Wang So, from what I have seen and observed so far.

It seems that he is bright and lovable child that could have been the King's favorite and probably the CP too.  Otherwise the mother queen wouldn't have used him to threaten/stop the King in marrying another concubine.  The CP probably enjoyed hanging out with him that's why during the accident he was there and helped rescued WS when he got injured while his parents were fighting.  I heard he was the youngest child during that time so probably everybody's attention was with him especially his Father.

After that incident, he lost everything.  No family that cares... he was totally abandoned.  He was sent for adoption to people who hated his parents and just imagine how he could have been treated there.  He was like a ransom to pacify the enemy, probably why he thought he was a hostage there.  Imagine how broken his inner-self was.  It even breaks my heart knowing it, when talking to his mother after killing the monks, telling her what he'd been through but his heartless mother were never interested nor bothered to know/hear it.  If that bright and lovable kid turned into what people say "monster", then circumstances made him so in order to survive.  But it doesn't mean he was born like that.  From what I understand, he doesn't kill people just because he felt like doing it.  There's always something that compels him to do so, otherwise he could have been dead.  I think those people they said he killed and burned (aside from the monk) were people who intends to kill him also orchestrated by his adoptive parents.  Living in a cruel environment, compels someone to be gain everything necessary to survive and to be strong enough to overcome every possible life challenges.  Sometimes you need to show what you are capable just to terrify them and not bother you.  Notice how people were terrified just hearing his name.  But I think he lived in a hell-like environment that is why he totally hated going back to Kang family.  Other than the possible mental and physical abuses he received from his adoptive family, he has to endure people’s hurtful look & remarks when they judged him based on his outside appearance (his scar) and not for who he truly is.  Perhaps nobody really tried to get to know him.  Even his brothers were clueless about who he really is.  They knew him only by hearsay.  Perhaps, he never had an opportunity to be himself because he was too busy fighting for his survival.  It is understandable how cold-hearted and suspicious he became. 

Although he’s been through a lot, I noticed he never hated his family.  He still wanted to live with them… he worked hard to stay with them when an opportunity opened up.  This is the reason why I said, WS’s heart is good.  Even his mother who hurt him the most, he still longs to be with and wanted to be acknowledge by her still.  He is someone who longed for nothing but love from those he holds dear.

I am not sure when Ji Mong was sent to assist him and the General to train him but it seems that these two were the only friends or probably family that he can consider while growing up.  Perhaps he never had any confidant where he could share his pain but just kept it for himself.  I could see how moved he was when his father acknowledged what he went through on his own.  Perhaps, this is the reason why the King sent Ji Mong and the General.  He knows his son will be having a hard and lonely life. 

Looking at how WS went through in a different perspective, I think he is what he is because of the difficulties that he went through.  Those challenges built him up and equipped him for better and greater purpose.  If his destiny was the throne, then perhaps his path going up there could have been that way.  Besides you can’t learn everything inside the palace.  Experiential knowledge is more effective compared to what you only learn from books. :D

I watched Six Flying Dragons, Deep Rooted Tree and Jang Yeong Sil.  If Wang So is also Yi BangWon, then he is not bad in the beginning but because he wanted change so badly, he decided to be the sword (tyrant) to wipe out those who are obstacles to his dream... creating a new & better nation and made sure his son King Sejong can really start a new one after his reign.  His motive is good but the maybe the execution is very cruel.  I am not condoning his cruel act but in those times I think politics are very scary too.  Just based on what have seen so far.  Like I said, most of the historical info. I knew I’m not sure if it was the real one. :D  So with this info. In mind, I don’t believe WS is really that bad originally…. He decided to be one for a specific purpose..... that is for the benefit the next generation. 

• Like 24

21 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

now let me join the discussion...

if we see she will be accused of giving poison to CP and will be taken to prison... but as you said wW will not be able to things in order to bring her out but surely WS with CP+BA will break the jail or prove her innocence to bring her out. That may be the last moment for HS to look towards for seeking help,

we see WS and HS on horse just passing by WW here was no expression on HSs face, she is all gloomy and silent nit even a look towards WW, why so ? she must be feeling disappointed about him being second to save her...

regarding HS fleeing.. when are you thinking she flee after getting out of prison of before ? and i still feel she cant, cause as we know she takes decision after thinking all pros and cons and then remain with the result with no guilt. and she also knows there is no place in goryeo where she can be with no eyes on king on her.

*over to you*

No. I think that scene happen before the poisoning. WS take her to the beach and give her the hair pin. They must have met on the way to or from the beach. Of course she will look sad a.k.a guilty. Her boyfriend is right there while she was being back hugged and riding a horse with another man. Wook's face can not get any grimmer. I think if there isn't 14th there he will intercept. But WS has the right to take HS anywhere now because she work personally for him under the King's order. To intercept mean Wook has to say in public that he and HS are in a relationship. And he can't do that without jeopardizing her or himself. That's why he said he is going to ask the King's permission to marry her. 

I think she will flee after getting caught because we can see her being captured by the guard while WS collaps. WS have to hurry up to save her despite being badly ill by the poison. Treason means torture. That's why we see her lips got cut in the long preview where WS stole a kiss. She has no time to think pros and cons there. 

About where they will put her without the King notice is still yet to be determinant but I'm sure WS has one or two tricks or string he can pull out on his own. He survived 15 years of hell out of the palace. HS is in good hands. 

But this is merely a hypothesis though. I dont know what will WS or Wook do to save her. Love can make people do crazy things. 

• Like 18

May I point on something chingus? It's 25th reign of King Taejo Wang Geon..and it means the year is 943...also it means that the King will die very soon,so the CP will take the throne,maybe the next ep? (King dies at the end of the eps). IU hinted the fans to have fun at ep 11..so my guess is the king is CP..and because WS is his trusted man,they will live in peace (except for YoYoo+YH)..and maybe HS-WS already have mutual feelings?love is in the air..happiness for them both..but only for a while,coz CP will only be king for 2yrs..until ep12?? Maybe HS-WS would separated by WY who took the throne from CP..and the struggling lasts for 2 eps?and the tragic love story will take place at ep15? Yup..the fast pace..there'd be some scenes that would cut indeed..but I still have trust to Writer and Director..even though the pace is fast it wouldn't look rushed. Maybe..just maybe we could get happy ending at the last ep (fingers crossed). But I'm still preparing myself to cry the whole time :tears:

• Like 21

Just now, cherilyn said:

Was there a poison/treason scene in the C-drama? If not, I wonder why this was put into the drama and what effect this will have on the plot-line.

Poison played a part alright but in a whole different level. 8th and 4th were in two distinct camps and after 8th had his way, 4th played his hand. 8th gave the Emperor a bird as a gift but that bird was dead which infuriated him. People thought that 4th did it to frame 8th so 8th will fall out favor with the Emperor. Nobody could ever verify is because every single person related to the incident of that gift including eunuchs all committed suicide or were murdered but nobody knows the truth. It may just be the other way round in this version.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, cherilyn said:

Was there a poison/treason scene in the C-drama? If not, I wonder why this was put into the drama and what effect this will have on the plot-line.

I think its the final thing that pushes the 4th and 8th prince to want to become king in order to protect HS. Neither of them seems to have a strong desire to become king at the moment.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

No. I think that scene happen before the poisoning. WS take her to the beach and give her the hair pin. They must have met on the way to or from the beach. Of course she will look sad a.k.a guilty. Her boyfriend is right there while she was being back hugged and riding a horse with another man. Wook's face can not get any grimmer. I think if there isn't 14th there he will intercept. But WS has the right to take HS anywhere now because she work personally for him under the King's order. To intercept mean Wook has to say in public that he and HS are in a relationship. And he can't do that without jeopardizing her or himself. That's why he said he is going to ask the King's permission to marry her. 

I think she will flee after getting caught because we can see her being captured by the guard while WS collaps. WS have to hurry up to save her despite being badly ill by the poison. Treason means torture. That's why we see her lips got cut in the long preview where WS stole a kiss. She has no time to think pros and cons there. 

About where they will put her without the King notice is still yet to be determinant but I'm sure WS has one or two tricks or string he can pull out on his own. He survived 15 years of hell out of the palace. HS is in good hands. 

But this is merely a hypothesis though. I dont know what will WS or Wook do to save her. Love can make people do crazy things. 

with you on this...beach scene will be first to happen and why she is sad and gloomy cause after kiss he must have threatened her to stay beside him and seeing WW on the way she is scared what to tell him and how. WW no way to argue with you over him he will not do (as always) anything but to sulk even more.

still confused...will she flee from palace after poisoning to not get caught or from prison after getting caught or after getting freed by WS+Allies from prison....sorry still not sure how and when fleeing will fit in this whole palace to prison journey.

And that kiss on hurt lips...WS will save her from prison ad take her alongwith him some where far (ok as far as posisble to be away from kings palm) and we can have some lovey dovey moments there.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

with you on this...beach scene will be first to happen and why she is sad and gloomy cause after kiss he must have threatened her to stay beside him and seeing WW on the way she is scared what to tell him and how. WW no way to argue with you over him he will not do (as always) anything but to sulk even more.

still confused...will she flee from palace after poisoning to not get caught or from prison after getting caught or after getting freed by WS+Allies from prison....sorry still not sure how and when fleeing will fit in this whole palace to prison journey.

And that kiss on hurt lips...WS will save her from prison ad take her alongwith him some where far (ok as far as posisble to be away from kings palm) and we can have some lovey dovey moments there.

If HS is being prison in a long period of time it will be more possible jail breaking will happen. Because people who suspect crime of treasony (and poisoning any prince is that kind of crime) usually will put in harsher jail and get tortured. That's why her lips is torn, but torned lips can be play in different scenario too (below). And both 4th or 8th wouldn't want that to happen. WS is not known to he patience, he is a man of action. It will be more likely he is the one who orchestrated the jail break with the help of BA and others if possible. But because it is a secret operation it will be most likely it just the two of them. Wook will hep in manner of clearing her name so she can be free and return to the palace. This scenario can happen too (HS getting back to palace but with lower ranking. We've seen her in a not so fancy clothes in trailer so she might be demoted to the lowest rank). 

But I don't see the two of them, WS and Wook, working together. Because in the long trailer it seems only WS know HS whereabout. 

If HS is not being jailed then she must have fleed on her own because she doesn't want to deal with the palace anymore. Wook's screen when he let an outcry can be included in both scenario. If she was jailed, the outcry is out of frustration because he can't do anything to save her. If HS fleed on her own the outcry means he is heart broken. Both scenario can use the same passage to: the bath hole. It will hard for HS who knows nothing about Goryeo life as a commoner to flee hence the dirty clothes and the broken lips. It will get even harder because the King will search for her because she is the tea lady who serve the poisonous tea. HS will be seeing as guilty because she flee. This is where Wook and WS can colaborate to clear her name (as seen in pic bebebicious sent me in my old post where Wook and WS standing with CP while Yo kneel down). But WS must have found HS in her hiding because he given her the stolen kiss. And they probably will start dating here. Because there's no way you don't fall harder and deeper for a guy who has risk his own life for you. Beside HS is already falling for him, she just won't admit it yet.

Can you understand my explanation? 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, andy78 said:

really?

Reveal hidden contents

just 10 years?

the period of purge (959–975) so she won't be there if what you say is true...

Maybe Hae-Su was the last thread connecting So to compassion and sanity. Once she left, he lost his way into the darkness. I honestly hate bloodshed but he did some pretty radical changes in their social system. I am pretty sure the warring clans wouldn't be particularly happy with them. So, as a king he had to be strict. 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

If HS is being prison in a long period of time it will be more possible jail breaking will happen. Because people who suspect crime of treasony (and poisoning any prince is that kind of crime) usually will put in harsher jail and get tortured. That's why her lips is torn, but torned lips can be play in different scenario too (below). And both 4th or 8th wouldn't want that to happen. WS is not known to he patience, he is a man of action. It will be more likely he is the one who orchestrated the jail break with the help of BA and others if possible. But because it is a secret operation it will be most likely it just the two of them. Wook will hep in manner of clearing her name so she can be free and return to the palace. This scenario can happen too (HS getting back to palace but with lower ranking. We've seen her in a not so fancy clothes in trailer so she might be demoted to the lowest rank). 

But I don't see the two of them, WS and Wook, working together. Because in the long trailer it seems only WS know HS whereabout. 

If HS is not being jailed then she must have fleed on her own because she doesn't want to deal with the palace anymore. Wook's screen when he let an outcry can be included in both scenario. If she was jailed, the outcry is out of frustration because he can't do anything to save her. If HS fleed on her own the outcry means he is heart broken. Both scenario can use the same passage to: the bath hole. It will hard for HS who knows nothing about Goryeo life as a commoner to flee hence the dirty clothes and the broken lips. It will get even harder because the King will search for her because she is the tea lady who serve the poisonous tea. HS will be seeing as guilty because she flee. This is where Wook and WS can colaborate to clear her name (as seen in pic bebebicious sent me in my old post where Wook and WS standing with CP while Yo kneel down). But WS must have found HS in her hiding because he given her the stolen kiss. And they probably will start dating here. Because there's no way you don't fall harder and deeper for a guy who has risk his own life for you. Beside HS is already falling for him, she just won't admit it yet.

Can you understand my explanation? 

First scenario is what I was talking about.

Second scenario.. horses of your brain are riding just like WS is riding them...so much you already thought that too with all possibilities. now its clear...

I am with first one cause that will give WSs image another boost regarding man who can go any limits to sav the girl he loves.And if its second again i'll be happy WS able to find her wherever she will be.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

First scenario is what I was talking about.

Second scenario.. horses of your brain are riding just like WS is riding them...so much you already thought that too with all possibilities. now its clear...

I am with first one cause that will give WSs image another boost regarding man who can go any limits to sav the girl he loves.And if its second again i'll be happy WS able to find her wherever she will be.

Yeah.. If these don't happen I might put them up on fan fic hahaha

• Like 10

why i always ended up join the thread that on fire for 24 hours with fast moving speed too???but yeah its good to killing waiting time though its hard to keep up with the speed..at least i try to read one by one comments if i have time..

Done back reading....ah love everything you all share here...i keep nodding when read all your thoughts here..

Ah, am i the only one that always ended upwatching the long preview again and again after watch the actual episode???i did it over and over again. Like i want to know what will happen next, which scene havent happen yet, and tried to predict what will happen at the next episode? I watch the long preview for 108738776363th times already(i cant count it properly how much already i watch it) and what i love from this drama long preview is its cover so many episode (yeah bless the pre-produce that we have many spoilers there) already reach the middle part but there still a few scenes there havent happend yet.and add to HS premonition that add spoiler to in future

Spoiler

I know it still have many story that this drama will told in future...its like 11 episode wont enough to explain all of them and ended it with HAPPY ENDING and SATISFYING. like someone said here, from HS premonition we still have a scene when Taejo dies, Crown Prince dies, Wang Yo and Wang eun dies too, the war between WW and WS, or maybe the war between WS CP and WW WY, the side story from another prince, and ofc the main lead love story..its still so full-pack...i think all of that will happen really fast later, it wont be that detail like 50 episode saeguk (like SFD that every war being explained well detail, one “war” can solve until 3-5 episode in SFD) but this is only 20 episode so i think some of part would be fast and they will only detailing on the most important and significant part or moment. I hope they can execute it well later so we dont fell like something missing from the flow of this drama. Sometimes 20 episode is too much for a drama for me, there will always be dragging part that lead to boring part..but i think this drama need more than 20 episode!!!yeah i need more!!more!!more!! but if they already only planned it only 20 episode so its better dont extend it..extended drama wont always satisfying, so prepare the face  pace that maybe happen in next episode. oh @junee22 i have the similar thought with you again

Ah i want comment about OTP..actually i dont really like the route of kdrama when a female lead love the 2nd lead male first before the male lead. (uh not a fan of the ugly war of triangle love) but i love slow pace on love story at kdrama. Sometimes i cant buy the fast buy the fast pace from romance part at kdrama like when they are fall in love??why suddenly they are dating??and  when they start dating the story usually get boring on my case. (and it still happen now aday). I am more enjoying how the lead would found the love to each other..slow but sure...though i hate HS route that she likes WW first but i understand her why she fall to him (the reason already told so many times here and i agree with most of it) strangely i still cant convince with their love (its love but something missing from their love, that makes it empty) despite being in “relationship” with WW there is progress to between WS and HS...especially after HS enter the palace and stay away from WW place. They become closer, become knowing to each other in bad or good things, be “friend” to each other because they are not alone in palace. This step lead to the grow of care and then ended up with love, WS already aware of it...HS still on process to realization what her feelings is.

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

agree with you...i have the same thought too,,that  the beach scene will happen first and yeah on the way going back to palace they will meet jealous WW (oh bring more jealous WW...i just love how insecure his love to HS, like he is scared someone will stole her anytime..if you truly love her you must trust her then, your insecure really lead to many bad things WW wangjanim but im evil because i will love it..lemme hug you kang sky...i love you more than WW wangjanim) and maybe the next episode HS will flee after the poison things happen (or the worst things she already punished/tortured and exiled somewhere far from palace) but WS will found her ofc..and BAM give me many lovey dovey please, at least 1 or 2 ep before the angsty and the cruel things happen..though i enjoy the angsty too especially in saeguk with the war and real confront..it must be great!!!

And cant they make the scene on the lake again???im falling in love with that lake...oh the lake scene was so beautiful...the dreamy like heaven effect make it more beautiful...

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

please do... we need something happy to bear the sad ending coming our way at the end..

Yeah but it won't be happy ending in the end for WS's fans though. I will make Wook get the HS and live somewhere quite while WS can have her heart and be an emperor. Hahaha.. 

• Like 6

Just now, solelylurking said:

Yeah but it won't be happy ending in the end for WS's fans though. I will make Wook get the HS and live somewhere quite while WS can have her heart and be an emperor. Hahaha.. 

oh how can i forget the ardent Wook Lover is here to make him happy at least in her FF...btw dint you tell you want wook for urself than u can have him in ur FF and allow uri WS to have his love.

• Like 9