[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, Caelia Celia said:

The 20-episode-long period series, which airs on Mondays and Tuesdays, is scheduled to air its final episode on Oct. 31. There has been speculation that SBS might run an extra 21st episode on Nov. 1. 

31 oct , wow

my Birthday date :wub:

I wonder whether the extra episode is going to be an alternate ending. This was done before in another drama (can't remember which one), so it wouldn't surprise me if the director made an alternate ending. I would have if it was up to me because this drama has been quite unpredictable considering it is based on a novel and a previous version.  It is taking us on a roller coaster ride so there will be unhappy passengers if it doesn't end the way they hope, better to give them a choice, but please no open ending :(

• Like 14

All those pics got me dazed. Red and black goes beyond gorgeous for LJK. 

I change my theory on WS kidnaping HS.

I think HS will flee after WS drank the poison. Without WS or WW knowing. She will decide it will better if she left all, including the man she love, behind. There is only so much a girl can take. After that WS and WW will search but only WS will succeed in finding her then the love story can begin. 

This based on the long trailer where Wook madly search for her and HS being all dirty when WS stole a kiss from her. 

Clean slate for her. New hope for him. New beginning for them. 

Sorry for the rambling. I just have to find a new activity while waiting for Monday. This drama is driving me insane. Like Joker level insane. 

• Like 22

3 hours ago, frostfire said:

I'm not even looking at ratings or comparing shows with others at the same time slot. Even if this show were having soaring ratings I would still comment about bad edits/poor song choices because the ratings don't negate these issues. It's like saying viewers who watch shows with high ratings only see the good things and are somehow blinded to the bad. 

Am I mistaken in thinking that soompi is a place where viewers can share their love for a show as well as point out what is lacking or can be approved upon in the show? I don't think majority of the people here are bashing the show for the sake of doing it. We're sharing our collective disappointment that the production team should have done a better job. It's fully pre-produced. The production team had more than enough time to work out the kinks and make sure the story makes narrative sense. The fact that there are 2 versions of this show is a perfect illustration that the original version desperately needs work. 

It is a fact that this show is badly edited, even if we don't compare it to other shows. Come on, that scene in episode 6 where Wang So defended Baek-ah from Wang Yo is clearly a cut from episode 4 where the princes arrived in time to see Hae-soo being punished by Yeon-hwa. It was a bit confusing to see why So suddenly reverted to his old clothes until you put those two scenes from different episodes together. Just by reading comments one can see that viewers felt that scene came out of nowhere in episode 6, despite it being necessary to explain why Baek-ah is suddenly comfortable enough to drag So around. Is that not testament to bad editing?

I'm not trashing the show for shits and giggles here. The reason why I am still watching this show despite the editing is because I still think there is a reason for me to watch it. 

Hahaha, let us forget about the ratings, but enjoy the progress and development this drama. At start, I was wondering why MLSH could not bring high ratings, it's bother me a while. But, after watching this drama, I would like to say "Deabak" to all casting teams, project teams and writer nim. They have putting their best effort in making this drama for us to enjoy. Because of this drama, I came  back to join soompi forum which I left nearly two year ago , to get more insightful from all chingus. 

Low ratings do not indicate MLHR is bad and failure drama. Could be korean viewers have different taste, happy go lucky drama is the best for everyone of us especially to those working people who is preferring happy drama after work. And yet the ratings shown does not represent all korean viewers.

My second thought, whether it is bad editing or not, I m enjoying and loving this drama.....:wub: I concern only if WS and HS will end up together or not.....hehehehe

• Like 18

3 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

i hope  the drama ends and HS goes back to the 21st century before WS gets married to YH. i cannot and would not take it if that happens when HS is alive there. Both HS and me will be too broken-hearted!!:bawling:

Just cannot imagine WS marrying YH! But they had many children together :w00t:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Hi you.. Yeah I'm waiting for their OST too. Hopefully it will come true. Hehe

Well I just notice half way myself. The problem is what HS is talking about Gwajong and what history really written is kind of different. Sure she got the Gwajong is dictator ruler and there are fears all over when he was reign but the truth is he didn't kill most of his brothers. Only one, in fact. Even Wook survived, right? KDrama writers almost never make that kind of mistake unless it was intentional. They are really thorough and detail in their work. Like in Empress Qi for example. That's where I get the idea that they make a false history fact in the beginning to be corrected later. You are right about history can't be change but in details it was change slightly as HS got premonitions. They do it on purpose. Do you know what I mean? I'm sorry if I make you confused. I'm bad in explaining about history hahaha. What HS roles in this matter and why, I still need to think about it. Feel free to chip in. 

I share your opinion and expect some surprising twists... We still don't what those premonitions actually mean, come from and lead to. 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to comment about Hae Soo and Wang So's relationship. Striking was that Hae Soo started getting close to him, despite his bad reputation, his scar, his mask and his violent and rude behaviour.

While people avoided him like pest and never dared to look into his eyes, Hae Soo did the exact opposite. In the episode 1, Hae Soo looked at him and she was like paralysed. She had already caught his eyes therefore he decided to rescue her, when she was about to fall. She was falling because someone had pushed her while the man was running away from Wang So. She on the other hand was just standing there.

Then when he was covered in blood and screaming, destroying these stone piles, she could have run away, like others would have done or like his mother ordered him to leave her alone because he was stinking. Nonetheless Hae Soo ran to him and stopped. She did the opposite of Queen Yoo. First, she even asked if he was injured, while Yoo had told him that she would never ask for this. As conclusion, while Wang Soo looked like an animal, had his face covered with his mask and people avoided him, Hae Soo consoled him, gave him advices, kept him company aso. She saw the good person behind the mask and his "rude" behaviour.

Then in the episode 9, his mask is gone, his scar is gone... people starts being enthousiastic and welcoming him. He is treated like a normal person, not like someone who should be avoided and bring bad luck. He is even welcome by his father, his mother invites him over for dinner (with other intentions). He is now good-looking and his reputation has changed. He brought rain so that people consider it as a sign from the gods. He is treated differently now. But now, we witness a reversal of situation. While people have come to accept him due to his appearances and behaviour, Hae Soo is now doing the opposite again. She is afraid of him. She is now seeing the bad person in him.

Striking is that Hae Soo has not changed. I know, some people said that she had changed and were disappointed. Yet, I don't think, there is some inconstency here. Hae Soo is acting like before. She keeps seeing things beyond the appearances everytime. While people attach too much importance to the exterior, especially in Wang So's case, she sees the personality. In my opinion, she sees the real him now, the one who not only threatens to kill people but who does it without feeling remorse. Sure, he is not the king who ruled with a fist of iron yet, however he did kill all these men at the temple without feeling guilty. He did it for his mother... yet this showed how determined he can be and he has no problem to decide who lives or not. Hae Soo knows nothing about the killing of so many people... she only knows that he killed to survive. Yet she was wrong here. He killed because he wanted to be loved and recognised by his mother. He never did it in self-defense. The bottom of the line is that Hae Soo is finally able to see the real Wang So: the ruthless man he is. Sure, she had experienced his violence, but she recognised at some point, he would only threaten her so that she came to think, he only threatens people but he never does it. 

All this explains why Wang So would be so hurt by her words, as she was the one who told him that he was a good person, although he would threaten to kill people all the time. Now, from my point of view, she has finally discerned the real personality of Wang So:

- the one who wants to be loved, the one who is kind, generous and warm-hearted

- the one who can kill without remorse, can be really violent

So far, noone except Hae Soo has ever understood Wang So's true character. They called him an animal because of his appareance and his rude behaviour, without knowing how really dangerous he can be. 

That was an amazing summary of the relationship between Soo and So!! I absolutely agree with you that she beyond what's on the surface when it comes to So. He's almost like an open book to her. The funny thing as well which you pointed out is that Hae Soo seems to always see the "opposite" of what other's see. She really knows what's up. Whilst everyone else around him barely scratches the surface of who he really is. And the turn of events with the vision and everything (like I've said before) will only strengthen their relationship. 

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I think HS will flee after WS drank the poison. Without WS or WW knowing. She will decide it will better if she left all, including the man she love, behind. There is only so much a girl can take. After that WS and WW will search but only WS will succeed in finding her then the love story can begin. 

This based on the long trailer where Wook madly search for her and HS being all dirty when WS stole a kiss from her. 

Sorry for the rambling. I just have to find a new activity while waiting for Monday. This drama is driving me insane. Like Joker level insane. 

I actually think that Hae-soo was captured by the palace guards for the attempted poisoning of a prince (which explains why she was held back by guards when she tried to run over to Wang So when he was coughing up blood in the preview). My theory is that she was tortured in prison before the princes work together to rescue her, which explains why her lip seems to be injured when Wang So swoops down to steal a kiss in the 6 minute preview, as well as why she isn't dressed in her court lady uniform. 

As for why Wang Wook is screaming Hae-soo's name in such a heart wrenching manner, the in the preview, we hear his voice saying that he wants to ask the king to allow his marriage to Hae-soo. However, how can a court lady convicted of an attempted poisoning attempt marry a prince? 

I really, really hope this happens because I am dying for the princes to work together again. That small part in episode 6 wasn't enough. I NEED MOAR.

• Like 19

@KdramaSwimmer I AM SO MOVED by what you wrote about your love for this show :tears:

For you, I give you this link to naver naver link this is the search results currently, but you can click the green update button on the top right to make naver search for latest news.

also this is the korean word of the title 보보경심 려 

with this, you can copy and paste on google/youtube and search to your heart content. :heart:

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

I must say SHR has become one show to make me a complete loner... i am watching episodes and then whole week waiting for next episodes on this thread reading comments, searching internet for any new video-BTS-interview or anything to help me surviving the wait. And yes to add google to know more about Goryeo history what exactly happened then to find out more about the characters and their actions. During all this while I just forget completely how to behave in outside world (i am on my cell on this thread when i m out of home and at home on my laptop). So my real life has hit very badly with the addiction of this show.

After reading all the comments here i found one (sorry forget the name) mentioning how unique this love story is Female Lead in love with Second lead only to fall in love with Male Lead, eventually. That makes this show stand out among rest even more cause its not the ones where we are so used to seeing male - female lead in love from the start (or by epi3-4) but denying the feelings, that becomes one pretty straight forward line to predict. Here its different, complicated, complex, heart wrenching yet entertaining, enchanting, enthralling at the same time.

The procrastination in OTPs love story makes their union even more precious for us, cause we have spent 10-12 episodes with both of these going through all sorts of ups and downs, troubles, pain, denial,tragedies only to figure out other one is THE ONE for them (WS already realized, let HS realize it too). And I was sad seeing (just the last scene here on this thread) a broken, disappointed and hurt WS reacting over HSs hurtful words but after seeing epi9 I am more involved in their love story and waiting patiently till HS will reciprocate the feelings that WS showing her.

I just cant imagine how warm - satisfactory that union would be ? how much happy WS will be after having his life with him by his side ? How HS will express her love for WS? What all he and she can do to prove their love is not the regular one (we have seen so far in other dramas) but the most appealing, warm, heart felt to make us fall for them even more by each passing second they will be together in each other's arms and hearts?

Lastly...the tragedy will be again on its way to part them (if it follows cver)..and i dont want to talk aboout it cause i'll cry buckets just by thinking what all can happen..so hope we will have a somewhat happy ending if not one perfect happy one....

*back to searching net for anything more related to this show*

Hi babe, how are you today? I hope everything goes well in real life for you. 

I think HS is already having feeling for WS wether she wants to admit it or not. Her eyes unconsciously following him, she talks about things she can't or won't talk about with anyone else even Wook, she strangely easy being comfortable with him despite rocky beginning. The clearer sign is when she only looking at WS in the rain ceremony while she must have known Wook is going to be there. If I'm in a relationship without having a third party that Inlike beside my bf, my eyes will goes out to my bf first. Yes, that can be a sign of proud of her work or being friendly as a modern girl but she also on friend zone term with Eun and later BA but she never talks about things in deeper meaning with them. 

It's not uncommon to love two person in one time. But It's hard to admit it. It's even harder when you have to see your bf in secret and the other guy persuing you relentlessly in the open and already claiming you to be his in front of everybody including his father and your bf. And that guy's mother is evil, doesn't like you and wants you out of the pic by making you an escaped black goat for her evil doing. Not to mention all this intricts, killings, and politics in your work place which also your home.

It's a tough life for HS. That's why I think she will flee. 

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

will you believe if i say I have one dress exact same color combination and the moment I saw WS in that dress while watching i almost screamed thats my color (thats my most fav dress among my collection) and I grin everytime i see this pic of LJK wearing that.....:wub::wub:

But where can she flee,,,? she does not know anything about this Goryeo land..someone has to help her with paths and directions and with destination...this way she can only roam...may be CR can help her....

@qwenli thank you so much dear for finding my post moving... thats all I am doing these days thinking all about SHR, LJK.

And thank you so so  much for the search criteria and filter...now I need not to depend on english...*muah**hugs*

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, frostfire said:

I actually think that Hae-soo was captured by the palace guards for the attempted poisoning of a prince (which explains why she was held back by guards when she tried to run over to Wang So when he was coughing up blood in the preview). My theory is that she was tortured in prison before the princes work together to rescue her, which explains why her lip seems to be injured when Wang So swoops down to steal a kiss in the 6 minute preview, as well as why she isn't dressed in her court lady uniform. 

As for why Wang Wook is screaming Hae-soo's name in such a heart wrenching manner, the in the preview, we hear his voice saying that he wants to ask the king to allow his marriage to Hae-soo. However, how can a court lady convicted of an attempted poisoning attempt marry a prince? 

I really, really hope this happens because I am dying for the princes to work together again. That small part in episode 6 wasn't enough. I NEED MOAR.

Yeah that could happen too but I think WS will do something about it. Let's just hope she's not badly injured. Your theory is so much more fun so let's use that. But we still need to figure out where she goes and how can she get there. I think she will used the bath hole.

But I still stand by my opinion that Wook has nothing to do with this or doesn't know about this. She want to escape for real, like with the intention of not going back ever again. She must have realise there is no way Wook can marry her without making her only a concubine not a sole wife. This idea is still not getting to her head at the moment. With WS and YH maybe things turn out differently. Let's not go there for a moment. We can discuss it after this so time will go by faster hahaha.. It will if we have soemthing to do right? 

This escape/running away from palace thing maybe orchestrated by BA. Out of all princes I think he has the most experience with the outside world. It will make sense WS then knows where HS is but Wook doesn't.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

will you believe if i say I have one dress exact same color combination and the moment I saw WS in that dress while watching i almost screamed thats my color (thats my most fav dress among my collection) and I grin everytime i see this pic of LJK wearing that.....:wub::wub:

But where can she flee,,,? she does not know anything about this Goryeo land..someone has to help her with paths and directions and with destination...this way she can only roam...may be CR can help her....

@qwenli thank you so much dear for finding my post moving... thats all I am doing these days thinking all about SHR, LJK.

And thank you so so  much for the search criteria and filter...now I need not to depend on english...*muah**hugs*

Please look at my post earlier. I'm discussing it with @frostfire and 

@jerboa83 at the moment. Feel free to join and chirp in. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

I must say SHR has become one show to make me a complete loner... i am watching episodes and then whole week waiting for next episodes on this thread reading comments, searching internet for any new video-BTS-interview or anything to help me surviving the wait. And yes to add google to know more about Goryeo history what exactly happened then to find out more about the characters and their actions. During all this while I just forget completely how to behave in outside world (i am on my cell on this thread when i m out of home and at home on my laptop). So my real life has hit very badly with the addiction of this show.

After reading all the comments here i found one (sorry forget the name) mentioning how unique this love story is Female Lead in love with Second lead only to fall in love with Male Lead, eventually. That makes this show stand out among rest even more cause its not the ones where we are so used to seeing male - female lead in love from the start (or by epi3-4) but denying the feelings, that becomes one pretty straight forward line to predict. Here its different, complicated, complex, heart wrenching yet entertaining, enchanting, enthralling at the same time.

OMG, Your post makes me laugh. That is SOOOO ME! I thought i'm the only one who did all those things you do! That was my routine day-by-day. Even my husband comment about my obsession with this drama and with this thread. I thank GOD that i have a supportive husband. And btw, he loves Lee Joon Gi as an action actor. He always watched his move (action wise: Two Weeks, arang, Time between dog and wolf, And now this one too).

And yes, this drama makes me forget how to behave in the real world. Like this morning, i said to myself, "hey, get a life. Don't dwell too much for a drama". But, hey, i just can't.  Even my phone's home screen makes me forget outside world. It has Lee Joon Gi oppa's face on it. (remember the DC fans making home screen pictures?)

Now, i have to wait till Monday. :( 

• Like 21

2 hours ago, berny said:

KDRAMA...... of Complexities & Contradictions

Chingus.. I admire Korea, it is such a beautiful country.  I'm also fascinated with the language, and culture.
I respect the Korean people (as well as all the other nationalities)......BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME....up to now after all the Kdrama I have watched - I STILL DO NOT GET THE KOREAN AUDIENCE, their mind-set, their preference. 

Reveal hidden contents

Of course I am not an authority in drama review, but in some way I could also say that my standards in choosing what to watch is kinda high too...for before getting hooked with Kdrama, the type of shows that I used to watch and still watch (are House, Bones, The Practice) because i want shows that would make me think and are not predictable.

The Local (Korean) Audience  x   International Global Audience

IT HAPPENED SO MANY TIMES - That a Kdrama which the global audience rates as excellent and has a solid storyline -  is a resounding flop with its own Korean audience.  Sometimes making me doubt my standards of what is a good drama and what is not.
And so amazing that the Korean audience gang up, in solidarity in what they will support and what they will not support...THEIR UNITY IN THEIR DECISION is so great  really as it becomes the majority's mind-set.... HOW AMAZING IS THAT!!!??? huh.

Just like what they did now to MLSHR... so sad.

I have watched some sageuk before... but MLSHR is the very first sageuk that made me fascinated with its TV cinematography if I make call it that.  The location is amazing, the angles, the texture is amazing. Excellent production...excellent.
That scene when WS was galloping on his horse on the hill, and the eclipse in the background - that was just brilliant for a TV show really, and also that walk in the snow by HS and WK - it's magical. 

And also this beautiful garden place - it's like from a fairytale, on how beautifully the trees and greens are reflected on the river) i couldn't even believe that it's real...making us global audience realize HOW KOREA IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY.... and yet its own local audience do not even appreciate it.

The ACTORS - are also fine with me, each has his/her own kind of brilliance in acting out their roles.

Even the sound-tracks are okey, i don't dwell much on that.

A little frustrated (just a little ...HAHHA) on the character flaws of about two of the characters (not the actors, just the character they are playing)...but again it's still bearable HAHA
On the plot, well nothing much can be done right ? as it is adapted from an original Cnovel.  
I think whoever originally owns the story has a say on how much the adaptation can divert from the original plot.

So overall it's excellent...i just hope the Korean audience give it a chance, give it some love.

So true! Negative comments and the mob's spirit

CsrWFuxUEAAYXNh.jpg

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Yeah that could happen too but I think WS will do something about it. Let's just hope she's not badly injured. Your theory is so much more fun so let's use that. But we still need to figure out where she goes and how can she get there. I think she will used the bath hole.

But I still stand by my opinion that Wook has nothing to do with this or doesn't know about this. She want to escape for real, like with the intention of not going back ever again. She must have realise there is no way Wook can marry her without making her only a concubine not a sole wife. This idea is still not getting to her head at the moment. With WS and YH maybe things turn out differently. Let's not go there for a moment. We can discuss it after this so time will go by faster hahaha.. It will if we have soemthing to do right? 

This escape/running away from palace thing maybe orchestrated by BA. Out of all princes I think he has the most experience with the outside world. It will make sense WS then knows where HS is but Wook doesn't.

Hmm. Okay, so Baek-ah plans the escape route outside the palace, and Wang So does the actual prison break (because, who else has the fighting capability and the guts to do so?). Meanwhile, Wook will be part of the group that diverts attention away from the prison so that So will be able to get Soo out. 

Since So and Baek-ah will not be able to return to the palace until Hae-soo's name is cleared, (and I'm assuming the palace will be on high alert since 2 princes are going to be seen as aiding and abetting a criminal), they won't be able to send word to Wook on where Hae-soo is.

And meanwhile, the rest of the princes (Wook, Jung, Eun and possibly the crown prince) will try and clear Hae-soo's name. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

LOL.... my habit since this drama starting/since I know they make 2 versions : mon & tue waiting in front of tv, to watch international version, then after few hours, watching the raw of SBS versions, then the next day during lunch time watching SBS versions with subtitles, so each episode I watch 3 times :)  Then go to soompi and DB whenever I have time (like all the time), and play repeat over and over on LJG best scenes every day until next mon & tue.... LOL

so my only complain is WHY MLSHR is so addicting??? And why LJG is so HOT!! 

@qwenli  Hahaha my life too. So I need put on-hold my other ongoing dramas, because I can't focus watch them, my mind keep thinking about SHR . My heart too invested to WS, I must prepare myself when the storm come, but could my heart take it!!! 

7 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

hahaha.... I've been re-watching time between dog and wolf to get my daily dose of uri Joon :)

@jentayue maybe I need more LJK as well. So mind will not keep thinking about sosoo couple lol. was  that drama good? how about My girl? Which one do you like better? 

• Like 12