Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

@Yippeuni Awaken sleeping dragon.. I like that term. But that sleeping dragon still has a lot of things to put together to fully awake. Maybe the scene where he saw SoSoo on a horse will help to trigger it. Tbh I like Wook more like that, dark and dangerous. There's a mystery to him that always there since the beginning for me (from the time in the library with HS) but this scene emphasised it. I want to know what's going on in his mind and wether or not itbis different to what people think. KHN really master his character. 

@briseis I love your theory. HS's knowledge in history indeed is awfully limited and the difference between drama and real history is striking so it's making sense. I wish it truely will roll out like that. 

@violet90 what if it is fun because WS taken away HS from Wook's hand again (hence the heart wrenching screaming) to a village far away from the palace (hence the stolen kiss scene)? \^0^/  If you notice from the long trailer, Wook searching for HS before the scream. 

I'm so far behind and I'm too lazy to go back. Ottoke?? 

• Like 12

I went to read some comments on drama beans and including some posts here, I am wondering why are people so hung up the "forced" kiss. This is a drama for heavens sake!

If you want a regular run of a mill  I look at you, you look at me, we are so in love then we kiss, then k dramas will be a rude shock to you.:D

For once I feel sorry that the k audience didn't get to watch the longer kiss scene but they added another makeup scene  for them. Hmm, choices, choices...

At this point, it is interesting to me look back at all their interaction during press con n interviews. Also IU doesn't post often on her IG, but the very last one she posted about moonlovers was the poster of her and Lee joon gi. :wub:

I was surprised back then that she didn't choose one about the whole cast or one that includes kang haneul. But after ep 9, I finally understand. So and Soo is the essence of this drama, their love for each other must be very deep.

If any of u remember IU's interview abt the 4th, pls send me the info or link.thks!

• Like 22

1 hour ago, imposs90 said:

Actually I see them both at the same time ( nr 3. ) ( Dramacool's version and Drama fire version)

Umm... I'm looking at the same versions and I definitely still see the difference. Its the scene where Wang Wook is sitting all alone by candle light talking ou tloud to himself repeating what hae soo said.  In DC (Aka the SBS version) this happens BEFORE dinner and even before wang so and wang yo get new assignments with the king right after the added scene with Eun and his new wife. (47:46 exactly)

In the DF version (aka international) this happens AFTER dinner at 55:59 right after we see Hae Soo leave her room having a panic attack,

I double checked and everything. Maybe you were thinking of a different scene?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

I think it's safe now to discuss what was supposed to happen with this scene in the synopsis as it seems certain that it has been changed. 

Hide contents

Apparently, this scene was supposed to happen before So's unmasking. In the synopsis, it wasn't a rain calling ritual, but an occasion with an envoy from China. So, that's another change. At any rate, there is a festival, Wook and Soo were supposed to meet up, So didn't like his own mask and ends up taking Wook's mask to the festival, Soo thinks So is Wook and approaches him, and confesses her feelings for him. This makes So think Soo likes him, and starts to like her in turn.

Of course, the actual drama didn't turn out this way. Many Korean fans are now hoping that this scene will be shown later when So and Soo's feelings are mutual. 

I hope they wont completely exclude this beautiful scene. Let it be : WS ask her to give him the answer and HS said if they are fated, they will meet at the festival and will recognize each other if they are fated.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Hae Soo is explaining how to apply make up so that he can do it himself and even leaves a recipe for the concealer. 

Sarang is a modern word. The sageuk vocabulary for love or affection is EunAe or Yonmo. 

Thank you! And I'm still wondering what Wang So said to her after, seems he is curious why she needs to tell him about that.

Oh, so that's why... thank you once again for explaining it to me! :D 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

You people STOP commenting RIGHT NOW

How am I to catch up ... wait for me ... 

@.@ 20 pages in just 6 hours ..  I wonder how long it will take me this time to finish LOL :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

I was so overjoyed watching ep 8, thus making  me couldnt focuss much on my job. I even talked to my colleagues that my mind going to somewhere else (you know where it goes right chingu - that hawt make up scene). Then, after watched ep 9, the feeling is just totaly different. I was so angry. Why the he** that vision has to come to Soo #$+_)%*«£¿?  My heart is broken watching So T_T. 

But, you know what, there always be good thing come from bad things right? Now I can get my focussed on my job back thankfully. Lol. 

I am so in love with this Ost, I will use this to get my focussed on the right track for thw whole day. Can I ????

• Like 11

7 hours ago, liddi said:

The edited SBS version subs for Ep8 are now complete, with much gratitude and thanks to the marvellous fan translations by @ruizaio, @wordsmyth0253 and 4seasonswithIU, without whom we would be missing out on so much. For those who are interested, please drop me a PM. Thank you!

Can you pls pm me too 

7 hours ago, yuhotarubi said:

Ok so I watched the raw, although I understand Hae Soo's fear, I still think she went overboard with it like please why ?? How could she forget everything between them and just think of him like this ruthless, merciless killer ?? Wang So totally broke my heart when he said to Hae Soo " you told me you weren't afraid of me " I wanted to give him a big hug, he was surprised and scared of her reaction all at once. Seriously Hae Soo if you don't want him, then fine give him to me I am already in love with him. 

P.S: I'm still on the WS HS ship, and don't lose hope everyone, this is a kdrama, the OTP always becomes official on the 11-12th ep, so stay strong !! P.S.2: lee jung ki looks sooooooo handsome !! 

Yes I was feeling so sad for WS . I feel like telling me come to me :) and LJK is never to be allowed to  put back the 15 kg on that he lost . I liked him before but this lean look is really good for him . And the kiss was perfectly done IMO . His desperation showed and so did her fear . But it was very aesthetically done 

• Like 12

There are so many pages!! I can't keep up..sorry girls..I have to skip to the last page..had worksheets to do..anyways..already watched ep9 (skip mode..don't have the subs..but thanx to all of you for the recaps I got the images)....so..I was literally CRYING!!! I did!! I understand now why most of our friends blamed HS..the pain in WS eyes..omooo..if this is what happened even before they're in love,I can't imagine what would happen if they love each other..I just...my heart still hurts...I can see the potential tragic love story...NOOOOOOOOO!!!! fiuuhh...okay calm down..take a deep breath..

I can understand how HSs feeling..and like someone said before, saying is different from experience it yourself. Okay,she said she could understand,but in the moment of her premonition of WS killed Eun and SD..she forgot all that,she became panic and goes blank. Plus,she (thinks) is in love with WW. I tried to put myself in her shoes..what would I do if I were in her position. Well,obviously she didn't think WS is gorgeous (like all of us think of him)..she only knew him on the surface. She didn't know about WSs pain,how and why he had all those scars..and I'm sure when she know about all this..when she really know the kind of man inside WS..she won't be that scared of him. Actually,HS just need more times to calm down..to see things rationally..but just before she could do that...WS came..claimed her as his,kissed her with desperation (I hate the SBS version..that's not what you called kissing..hah)..and of course she shocked and more panic.

And WS really has to slow down his moves toward HS..but then again we couldn't blame him also..HS sent so many mixed signals to him that absolutely would make any men misunderstood by her actions. And even when I want to blame HS..I can't..coz being what she is,with her way of thinking,she just meant it to be kind to WS. Still, I think she already had WS deep down her heart..and maybe she's also scared because she didn't want him to be the guy she saw in her revelation. I'm sure next eps will be the turning point for their relationship..where HS broke off with Wook and starts to understand more of WS.

Oh...and thanks @liddi @ruizaio @wordsmyth0253 for the hardwork to do the subs..I know it's not easy to manually re-sync and re-timed (I've tried that..and took a whole day for me just to translate one episode). So,thank you again dear friends :)

Be prepared for the tragic love story :bawling:

• Like 13

ucc1.jpg

ucc2.jpg

Screen+Shot+2016-09-20+at+4.01.36+PM.png

Sports Seoul - Naver: 'Moon Lovers', Lee Jun Ki forced kiss with Lee Ji Eun "You're mine" 

1. [+5,855, -221] The one who starves for affection should be given more affection... kyaa~

2. [+4,489, -205] Our So is too pitiful

3. [+4,184, -182] What's up with the preview.. why the blood.. and Wang Wook crying ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

4. [+3,593, -203] Wow the preview is intense! When is next week gonna come?!!

5. [+3,255, -265] This drama is seriously so good ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+1,021, -42] Lee Jun Ki ㅠㅠ Who saw his lips shaking when he was eating? ㅠ His acting is jjang ㅠ Can't wait for next week

7. [+1,031, -49] Hae Soo changed so abruptly.. So is pitiful

1474385732203_99_20160921070308.jpg

Xports News - Naver: 'Moon Lovers', Lee Jun Ki Lee Ji Eun, tragedy starts? 

1. [+546, -12] Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul's casting is god's work... Lee Jun Ki's sageuks never disappoint

2. [+448, -19] "You can't  do that, because you're my person. You're mine. You can't leave nor die without my permission"

3. [+429, -14] Lee Jun Ki is so damn sexy ♡

4. [+332, -15] Lee Jun Ki is always fantastic in sageuks

5. [+306, -17] Please accept our So

6. [+69, -6] Hae Soo's newfound power made her more obnoxious, she keeps pushing So away. He's pitiful

7. [+69, -6] Love hasn't even begun for them, what tragedy?

8. [+35, 0] Wang So's mom is too wicked. It's her greed that's tearing the brothers apart... Poor Wang So~~~

• Like 22

1 hour ago, atsu-chan said:

I might be the only one but I'm LOVING this darker turn. I was worried that it was going to turn into a rom com version of Bubujingxin, but I'm really glad the unsettling undercurrent is back!

And seriously i will be complaining if the drama will get away from the adaptation. I am fine with HS having limited knowhow about the history but this drama is a hardcore melodrama. That also picks my curiosity on how they will have a resolution to Hae Soo. 

Speaking of Hae Soo, fans released photos of her during their food support. 

New BTS !

• Like 24

@lovedrama11, he looks okay because of the many layers of clothes. In running man, he s so skinny that i was worrying joong kook might break him. 

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, imposs90 said:

After episode 9 I’ve re-evaluated my assumptions about Hae Soo’s visions and her part in the history. For the record, the real Gwangjong had 24 brothers and he killed only one of them. It was his half-brother Won, the 9th Princebecause he plotted against him, comitting treason. Which is rather underwhelming on the fratricide front. Eun was executed on Yo’s order after he accused  Eun’s grandfather of treason. THEREFORE THERE ARE TWO POSSIBILITIES

1. Hae Soo’s knowledge of history is distorted (each historian tells his won story about history) and limited and her memory is hazy (it’s not so long ago when she still thought Gwangjong was the 2nd Goryeo king)
  2. Or she comes from an alternative universe/future where Gwangjong is known as much worse ruler than he in reality truly was

In both cases, SHE IS CREATING HISTORY, INFLUENCING ITS FLOW, but if the second option is true SHE WOULD END UP CHANGING IT AS WELL, making Gwangjong into the powerful and enlightened monarch he is known today. There are pros and cons for each possibility. Someone might argue thatthe visions are the history without her in it, a history that she didn’t influence - but as you can see in all her visions WS’S SCAR IS INVISIBLE - MEANING SHE MUST HAVE BEEN THERE. 

I hope you'll forgive me for cutting your post! But I think your second point is really super compelling. We know a history where Gwangjong is a good king (he abolished slavery and is--as someone on tumblr pointed out--far less brutal than some of the other emperors). We're operating on the assumption that Soo is remembering wrong; as far as I know, there's no record of Gwangjong killing his brothers (save for 9th). He kills his nephews but that's not really relevant here since they're not actual characters in the drama. What if Soo isn't remembering wrong, though? What if she is indeed from an alternate reality where Gwangjong went ruthlessly after the throne, slaying everyone in his path? And the whole point of her time-travel is so she can right the timeline and help mold Gwangjong into the emperor we know him to be. So in the end it's all a big paradox. If we consider what we know as the point of reference, then we can say that sometime between now and 942 someone (perhaps Ji Mong who has already been established as a time-traveller) messed with the timeline and caused an alternate reality where Gwangjong is an evil bro-murderer. In order to fix this, he finds Hae Soo in the affected reality and uses her to rewrite the timeline so that the original events (good Gwangjong) remain intact. So in the end for the history we know to have happened, the alternate reality with Guyliner Wang So (sorry I love calling him that lol) needed to have happened. The paradox is still the paradox.

Here's another thing: I don't know if it's just because of the red filter, but the scar in Soo's visions is absolutely invisible--like never existed. You'll notice in the drama's present, even after Soo covers it with her magic concealer, it's still juuuust visible. A faint line that reminds you that it is there. It makes me wonder: perhaps Guyliner Wang So wasn't scarred in the first place. That he was groomed to be evil alongside Yo by Queen Yoo instead of being abused and neglected and treated like a beast. That whatever someone else (for arguments' sake let's say Ji Mong) did to mess up the timeline created time-traveler Soo who was always meant to travel back and turn Gwangjong into the ruler we know. To ensure the original timeline remained intact, and the paradox remained the paradox.

Wow. That's confusing lol. 

The alternate option--that So is destined to be evil all along, that Soo's presence in his life has no lasting effect, that he and Soo don't get their happily ever after is too painful for me to think about. 

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm reaching. This would be a total deviation from the original. But given that the visions didn't exist in the original, I'd think they're deviating? Because it doesn't make sense for Soo to keep insisting that Gwangjong is a bro-murderer when we know that he only killed one treasonous bro and a couple of nephews. Also, he's generally depicted as a good guy in sageuks? So I don't know.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, briseis said:

This scene broke my heart... I mean look at Wang so's expression when Hae Soo said she was afraid of him... </3 after letting himself almost believe that his mother and brother would accept him... He needed "to rest" and the person he goes to is her... But she told him the exact thing that he has been told all his life... That he "ruined everyone's lives." 

"Not you too!" He said. AIGOOO MY HEARTT

• Like 20

37 minutes ago, violet90 said:

okay my two cent about how this story will unfold based of what our OTP said...

IU said at first there were understanding between them (i think we pass this point) and later on HS will feel responsible toward WS (my take is when WS drink the poison) its purely a relationship between human not a guy and a girl in HS POV.. and that feeling will transform into a romantic one.. a real and dramatic kind of love....

LJG said that through HS WS will feel a maternal instinct (i guess where she take care of him) and slowly the wall that he build for other crumbling down and its turn to love.. when WS did realize its love he will approach HS in a romantic way and became obsessive kind of person.. LJG keep saying WS is obsessive tbh.. lol

i think here we can picture already how they will loved each other and to what extent that they will.. the love feeling between them is come in different place but the depth is the same.. i strongly believe that HS and WS will be together in eps 12.. and we got a truly heartbreaking love story later on....

Your words give me hope :sweatingbullets: After seeing the latest episode I was really getting mixed emotions and couldn't think straight. I really do get what HS is going through, if I got "visions" like that I would get scared as well, but at the same time I wouldn't reject the person I promised that I wouldn't change. Its not easy being in her shoes, she literally has no one to confide in. I mean sure there is WW and her lady mentor, plus that astronomer guy. BUT she has no one that she can say "hey I keep getting literal visions of 4th prince going on a murder spree and killing everyone like flies". They would think either  A. she is CRAZY or B. a WITCH. Neither of those would help her, especially in the palace.

I truly hope that they get together in eps12. Their relationship and this drama is really effecting me daily. I need to concentrate on school, not their love life or LJG, lol. :sweat_smile:

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Nadia Lei said:

Does anyone know the rating for last night.?

It's 6.2%. Look on the bright side - at least it remains above the level of 6% ;)

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, violet90 said:

okay my two cent about how this story will unfold based of what our OTP said...

IU said at first there were understanding between them (i think we pass this point) and later on HS will feel responsible toward WS (my take is when WS drink the poison) its purely a relationship between human not a guy and a girl in HS POV.. and that feeling will transform into a romantic one.. a real and dramatic kind of love....

LJG said that through HS WS will feel a maternal instinct (i guess where she take care of him) and slowly the wall that he build for other crumbling down and its turn to love.. when WS did realize its love he will approach HS in a romantic way and became obsessive kind of person.. LJG keep saying WS is obsessive tbh.. lol

i think here we can picture already how they will loved each other and to what extent that they will.. the love feeling between them is come in different place but the depth is the same.. i strongly believe that HS and WS will be together in eps 12.. and we got a truly heartbreaking love story later on....

Tq dear.. you make my day and give me hope of so and soo love story with your pov...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

Your words give me hope :sweatingbullets: After seeing the latest episode I was really getting mixed emotions and couldn't think straight. I really do get what HS is going through, if I got "visions" like that I would get scared as well, but at the same time I wouldn't reject the person I promised that I wouldn't change. Its not easy being in her shoes, she literally has no one to confide in. I mean sure there is WW and her lady mentor, plus that astronomer guy. BUT she has no one that she can say "hey I keep getting literal visions of 4th prince going on a murder spree and killing everyone like flies". They would think either  A. she is CRAZY or B. a WITCH. Neither of those would help her, especially in the palace.

I truly hope that they get together in eps12. Their relationship and this drama is really effecting me daily. I need to concentrate on school, not their love life or LJG, lol. :sweat_smile:

this!!! HS have no one to talk about what she know or feels.. this the same with Ruoxi they have to keep silent or else something bad going to happen to them... the burden of time travel is that you are alone no matter what.. this will make HS so miserable in future tbh.. i got a mixed feeling about them being together cause i know its going to be with blood and tears but they deserve a little happiness.. i wish the writer give that instead of dark twisted love story even if this drama is melodrama.. 

me too.. i think my life now is focusing on monday before i truly hate monday.. LOL

• Like 11