Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

• Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

Just caught up with the episodes.

Is this going to be "Cheese in the trap: part 2 Goryeo version".:lol: The second lead is looking much more favorable. Didn't like HS and IU's acting in Episode 9. She might be ok in light scenes but her acting is sub par in episode 9 where she has to show varied emotions. LJK has managed to showcase all the emotions, be it of getting accepted by family, betrayal, sadness, anguish etc in mere one episode. Episode 9 was top notch for to showcase LJK's acting prowess.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, junee22 said:

@lirone

I think bcoz they targeted mostly on China viewers that's why the int.vers.was edited with scenes that has the most significances story line with the original novel/drama.

While the SBS version is edited base on the preferences of the Kviewers..as a result of the negative responses and feedbacks. Could someone kindly add to this explanation?coz my english is limited so I couldn't seem find the right words.

Anyways,I'm on queu to those who want the Director's Cut DVD (should save more money from now on :sweatingbullets:). 

There are pretty much cut scenes which are some were shown in yooku or sbs, usually as I know just like what you have said, if it is airing on the tv station, they tend to follow what the viewer wanna see, for the sake of high ratings.

The rating on tv station increases when there are more scenes of ljk, so they more focuses on the scenes of 4th princes

While yooku wanna brings up the story as the origin version

Coz I see the different also in drama that aired in my country. When I watched it on tv, I thought the drama has ended with the man main cast had already decided which girl he want to marry among the two girls by looking to the side of one girl only, so the viewer assumed that they ended together,

But when I went to the online version, that ending quite different, which was, the man were looking at both girls as if he were wanted to choose one of them but he didn't show us whom he chosed.  And finally I knew the answer that there will be season 2 for the drama to answer the question about which girl he will choose.

So, back on the topic of why there are a few diff between sbs n yooku ...

They are trying to get different market viewer by cutting the scenes.

#sorry if it is repost

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/kwave/2016/09/20/42/3001000000AEN20160920003400315F.html
Scarlet Heart Ryeo comes in second place at Consumer Power Index (CPI)
The index, developed by entertainment company CJ E&M and media ratings company Nielsen Korea, measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, keyword searches and mentions in social media.
"Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," an SBS TV series starring top stars Lee Joon-gi and IU, came in second with 250.4 points.

• Like 11
31 minutes ago, gobsmack said:

Just caught up with the episodes.

Is this going to be "Cheese in the trap: part 2 Goryeo version".:lol: The second lead is looking much more favorable. Didn't like HS and IU's acting in Episode 9. She might be ok in light scenes but her acting is sub par in episode 9 where she has to show varied emotions. LJK has managed to showcase all the emotions, be it of getting accepted by family, betrayal, sadness, anguish etc in mere one episode. Episode 9 was top notch for to showcase LJK's acting prowess.

It is a novel adaptation so the story is like that. HS is in love with WW..vice versa but for some reason the love they have is not strong enough for both to defend until forever. 

She will fall for WS gradually and this time it is stronger and deeper.

• Like 14

I'm not sure what I just found, I've only skimmed it but I think this is an English translation of Bu Bu Jing Xin titled ''Love in the Forbidden City''. I was searching for a translation for the novel and came across it.

https://www.wattpad.com/70789583-love-in-the-forbidden-city

I think it's more based on the drama than the novel but as I say I'm not sure because I haven't read it fully yet. But it's worth checking out going by the first chapter especially for those of you who want a crash course in the original Chinese drama but don't have time to watch it.

To view the story you simply have to make an account at Wattpad which is quick and easy.

Enjoy mouse-girl-emoticon-31.gif

• Like 21
1 hour ago, chi13lou said:

@lirone  In an interview, LJK mentioned that it will be a happy ending. Of course, happy can mean so many things. As discussed before, we all have our own ideas for a happy ending, particularly with the likelihood of GHJ returning to her body in the 21st century. So we will just have to enjoy the ride and wait and see.

Do you by chance know what interview it was or what video?

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

Episode 10 Preview w/English sub (Don't know if this was posted already)

Ooooh been looking for this like forever!!! Thank you! I'm glad that as expected, Wang So is using his intelligence and doesn't jump into a conclusion right away. Because at the moment he vows to Hae Soo to prepare herself that he won't let her go, Wang So had put his faith to her after cautiously observed her. That's why he doesn't believe whatever she says. He doesn't know what makes her like that, but he won't ask since he respects her privacy. The point is, he believe Hae Soo for all his might.

I hope he is sorry for the kiss before they go to that beach riding the horse, because it is very clear that Wang So doesn't see Hae Soo in a lower position than him anymore but he sees Hae Soo as the one that he loves the moment he let her to touch his face. (Remember when Hae Soo asked So to apologize for throwing her from the horse, So asked her who she is dare to ask prince to apologize. He even threatened her that she will die if she heard him apologize. But in the last episode when Wang So suddenly hug her and Hae Soo rejected him in fear, talking all the excuses that she was surprised, Wang So directly apologized to her for making her surprised. I think Hae Soo also quite shocked from that)

And Hae Soo ya! Please look at So and don't get bothered with that premonition you got! You said yourself that So will ascend to the throne with or without your help, but your existence may soften his heart!

• Like 23
44 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

I think it's more based on the drama than the novel but as I say I'm not sure because I haven't read it fully yet.

I've heard that the C-drama actually follows very close to the novel, with the exception of the ending.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

This is where the music choice for the international version actually makes sense. Hae Soo is having a panic attack, why did they change it to a love song? It diminishes the seriousness and how bad the visions are affecting her.

(I have a friend who suffers from panic attacks, and I think IU portrayed this really well. And the back hug? That just makes it worst, it amplifies the anxiety)

• Like 19

12 hours ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

Episode 10 Preview w/English sub (Don't know if this was posted already)

Hide contents

Credit: Onur Erdem

Gosh, so wang so will drink the poison to save hae so? Omooo this is the real true love...gwangjong isn't that cruel...He became cruel when he realized that you can't trust anyone but urself even they are your own family.

People change for a reasons, 

• Like 19

13 pages to read in one night ? Are you freaking kidding me guys ? Bloody hell. It wasn't a surprised since this thread is so fast for moving like a thunderbolt. Oh my little petunia, i shall back read than. I have so many insightful posts to read :blink: 

• Like 10
7 hours ago, notintoyou said:

This is where the music choice for the international version actually makes sense. Hae Soo is having a panic attack, why did they change it to a love song? It diminishes the seriousness and how bad the visions are affecting her.

(I have a friend who suffers from panic attacks, and I think IU portrayed this really well. And the back hug? That just makes it worst, it amplifies the anxiety)

Agree 100%. Yooku bgm reasonable than sbs bgm. 

Inside Hae so was scared and felt insecure while outside, wang so with the anger feeling. Sbs bgm didnt suit the condition.How can they put love song in such condition...the song got to wang wook and hae so or when there is a mellow scene between wang so and hae so. 

Yooku bgm explained the situation.

• Like 12
4 minutes ago, cherilyn said:

I've heard that the C-drama actually follows very close to the novel, with the exception of the ending.

I think it does stay faithful to the novel but there are some scenes left out of the drama from the novel. I've seen the drama twice and unfortunately haven't read the novel. But I'd love to if I could find somewhere that translated it into English.

The only translation so far is up to six chapters. http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.ie/2011/03/bu-bu-jing-xin-chapter-1.html

• Like 7
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner