[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@violet90 Is it the Chinese long preview because I have watched the Korean long preview extensively (for science, always for science) and I haven't seen WS in a white outfit when he spins HS around. In the Korean one, he's in the black and red outfit when he grabs her and spins her around. Anyone know where I can get the Chinese long preview because I am desperate to see this scene now?

• Like 9

3 hours ago, shiraru said:

Regarding next week episode...so, it seems that Hae Soo is being married off to someone else and she doesn't have a say in that matter, I found that pretty strange...I don't know how marriage works in that time, but Hae Soo is from outside the palace, right? Lady Hae bring her to the palace to care for her, if Lady Hae dies, Hae Soo didn't have any ties to the royal family anymore. If Yeon Hwa hates Hae Soo so much, why married her off instead sending Hae Soo back to her hometown? It's not like Hae Soo would bring some political benefit if she's being married off since she's just a cousin of Lady Hae, so yeah...or is it because Yeon Hwa is afraid that Hae Soo would catch Wang So's eyes, therefore she must be married off to somebody else in order for Yeon Hwa to marry Wang So? But politically speaking...it's more beneficial to Yeon Hwa to marry whoever King wants...oh well, maybe this will be clear on the next episode...aaaah...Monday, please come faster!

Yeah i'm also confuse about this, HS's marriage should be determined by her family, and i thought they mentioned Hae family was quite influence by  their ability on helping 8th prince.

Although in the original Ruo Xi marriaged was arranged by the emperor, since she was the emperor beloved attendance

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

@violet90 Is it the Chinese long preview because I have watched the Korean long preview extensively (for science, always for science) and I haven't seen WS in a white outfit. In the Korean one, he's in the black and red outfit when he grabs her and spins her around. Anyone know where I can get the Chinese long preview because I am desperate to see this scene now?

thats so well me..i have watched it like 100 times already and pausing each and every scene to know which epi it had been (after each week) but could not find it and then again watched it now believing I might be lacking sincerity (as compared to all hrere) to notice it but its not there

• Like 6

@notintoyou I know right?? He's so lovey-dovey with IU~ Lee Junki too, but Lee Junki's "cute, cute" to IU feels like a senior compliment to his junior, whereas Kang Haneul feels like he really, really, reeeeaaally likes IU, hehehee...those flirtatious words flows naturally from his mouth, kyaaaaah, kyaaaaaaah~ :wub:

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, sandjh said:

@violet90 Thanks! It really is like 1 second hahahah @ 0:24

not even a second i guess..here i pressed paused on the scene it skips then i had try 3-4 times then got the scene paused .. lol pretty tricky...

thank you very much  @violet90

So I have some history questions now and if i can get information on those it would be helpful:

1. Country name Korea does it derived from Goreyo ? being Goreyo the most prominent (and might be very first) back then. (I am not from korean and have very very little knowledge about it so asking to improve my understanding about the country and its history and asking just being curious cause both words have similar pronunciation)

2. Marriages within the family, like WS-YH was only Goreyo or it was norm in the dynasties afterwards too ?

3. Are there any museums in Korean where all the things and documents related to that reign kept safe for future generations to know about their history?

• Like 10

@violet90 Thank you so very much! Now I see where the confusion came from - you meant the teaser but we were confused and thought it was the 6-8 min preview. Again, thank you for finding it for us. I came to the Moon Lovers party late and didn't pay attention to much of the promotional stuff until the last long preview was put out, so I'm not surprised I missed this teaser entirely. :D

ETA: Squealing with delight! I love my otp!!!!! I wonder if he's declared his feelings to her by this point? Or if she's already accepted them or declared her own? This spin-hug move is different from in the other preview - in that one, her arms remain by her side and he only keeps his hands to her arms. In this one, he full on hugs her and she rests her hands on his chest. I had study it, for science. Not because I'm obsessed or something. :phew:

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-5/comment-page-3/#comments 

the comments on DB has reached 768 comments for episode 5! Wow.... international fans do love this show, can't wait for monday! 

and i can see people are complaining LJK not much on screen... we are on same boat.

A suggestion for LJK...you should at least give us an heads up about intitial episodes that you would be less 30% of the whole so that we could have looked for some alternatives to mend our broken hearts missing your presence on screen.

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

@violet90 Thank you so very much! Now I see where the confusion came from - you meant the teaser but we were confused and thought it was the 6-8 min preview. Again, thank you for finding it for us. I came to the Moon Lovers party late and didn't pay attention to much of the promotional stuff until the last long preview was put out, so I'm not surprised I missed this teaser entirely. :D

ETA: Squealing with delight! I love my otp!!!!! I wonder if he's declared his feelings to her by this point? Or if she's already accepted them or declared her own? This spin-hug move is different from in the other preview - in that one, her arms remain by her side and he only keeps his hands to her arms. In this one, he full on hugs her and she rests her hands on his chest. I had study it, for science. Not because I'm obsessed or something. :phew:

i think at this point our OTP already confess to each other... cause its seem she actually don't resist or anything..

i also for science purposes only think our OTP will have a LOT of skinship based only to preview.. also it help that our WS is possessive kind of person.. gahhhhh can't wait to see their lovey dovey scene.. 

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, violet90 said:

even LJG notice that... lol 

i kinda think KHN have a crush to IU though.. he seem to light up and only focus to IU when he around her... such a fanboy... kkk

Ahh I'm not the only one who noticed lol! I watched the Vapp live he did with LJK and HJH and they kept teasing him so KHN did admit that they got close while filming :) and also he did an interview when he was In Singapore to which he had to answer to this question "Who would you bring back to that Era is you had to choose one of the cast?" He said "IU" while laughing. He's such a dork lol 

• Like 15

8 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

I think there needs to be even in the C-version the 4th brother does a wife and not just one wife but a few actually. But his heart was always with Ruoxi.

So i guess in the context of the korean drama it has to happen. I am pretty sure historically he does marry his half sister (? please correct me if i am wrong) in order to gain power and influence. Not an usual thing at that time to do so. Not many people marry for love. And about that point that YH is more manipulative compared to the c-version then it would be a whole different dynamic.

Ultimately if the drama does follow the idea of the c-version we all know that WS will love HS wholeheartedly. I am looking forward to those scenes between HS and WS.

Just a quick question about the hairpin that HS found, which belongs to WS. Does anyone know who that hairpin belongs to?

He bought it for his mother but he could never give it to her because the moment he wanted to give her his present, Wang Jung offered her a hairpin too. The hairpin was found by Hae Soo in the bathroom and it symbolises their fate. She is the real owner of his hairpin, although Wang So doesn't know it yet. In my opinion, he will give it back to her later. Wang So's intention was to give it to the person he loves, in the beginning he still loved his mother and he was longing for her love. At some point, Wang So will change and he will try anything to be loved by HS. The moment he gives it back to her, it is actually his love confession.

• Like 15

Good evening Eclipses! Ottoshimnikka? xD

I've enjoyed reading all posts in the past couple of days, I've enjoyed several theories and opinion of the drama and next episodes. Even character analysis and frame by frame analysis like some awesome Sherlock Holmes film. xD Thanks to everyone who contributed a lot and made my mind ask and think of these possible scenarios shared.

Aside the awesome reviews, and analysis:

Welcome to the new Eclipses who've joined this thread and come out of lurking to support the drama! I see we have increased from 178 a day or two ago to 195. \^o^/ Manse!

All for the love of MLSHR!

Below is a little summary of character relationship of other Princes that some of the new Eclipses aren't aware of.

I've read someone speculated of the possibility of 10th Prince marrying YH

Spoiler

10th Prince will marry Z.Hera's character(through arranged marriage by the King/Emperor). That female warrior Seonduk, the daughter of that General who will support WS on his fight to the throne.

YH is definitely marrying WS(whether we like it or not :crazy:)

13th Prince (Baek Ah)

Spoiler

Will move on from his heartbreak from Lady Hae's death with the help of Woo Hee (Seolhyun's character).

I hope they'd be specific about the time that passed between Lady Hae's death (grief of the characters) in the story so we know that WW and HS being in a brief relationship didn't happen overnight. As well as Baek Ah(13th Prince) and Woo Hee's relationship.

I know that most have an expectation of how HS should behave after Lady Hae's death

Spoiler

It would be best not to expect anything as this show is very unpredictable. The way I see it, time will pass in this story, whereas WW and HS will slowly develop their relationship after Lady Hae's death. In this era, to mourn for a beloved for a long period of time is romantic but also seen absolutely crazy especially those in power. As they usually married for power and connection. The pressure will come from every side of their clan and allied clan to tie and strengthen allegiance. It was their way of staying in power and expanding influence, especially that during this era, clans ruled over monarch.

Hae Soo is not a pretty good candidate I say for marriage with WW's clan, especially that she's just an 8th cousin or something of Lady Hae. It doesn't necessarily mean HS family is of the same influence as Lady Hae's family. Lady Hae may be the daughter of an influential minister, but Hae Soo maybe from a bit of "ordinary" background. Not as affluent as Lady Hae's family which is why she will be arranged with someone suitable for her status.

So expect some sweet HS/WW moments in the upcoming episodes before you see HS/WS romance. 

I don't want to discuss any saeguk drama but:

Spoiler

I just remembered Mishil's character and her relationship with her son Bidam. He was what Mishil ever wanted in the beginning. A son that will seal her fate of becoming the next Queen and gaining power and control and all that crazy stuff. But after she wasn't still able to control/gain the King then after having Bidam she throw Bidam(a few days old infant or months old) to die at the temple. Simply because he was no longer of worth. He didn't have a scar but he didn't serve any purpose at all. Pretty much the same with WS. He serve no purpose for Queen Yo to keep him.

I believe he is thought to be someone cursed, a sign of misfortune for the royal family. They wouldn't risk keeping him around when he is meant to spill blood in the kingdom. Didn't they normally killed anyone who would harm the kingdom or had this type of ominous prophecy during birth? It's a good thing WS is a "chosen" one by the "heavens" if not, he'd be long dead. xD

• Like 15

MODERATOR INFO: Actually, I would like to remind here that bashing actors or actresses is not allowed on forum soompi therefore it would be better if links or reviews with such hatred and bashing comments are not posted here as well. 

People are allowed to express their opinions and dislikes but the critic has to be constructive and not destructive!!! 

• Like 24

18 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

I know this is goryeo era, but can I ask 1 tiny verrryyyy not important question.....

When will I get the first kiss???  35

I really want to see them in love ....

tag @KdramaSwimmer you want it too right??? lets wish together that we will have first kiss next week  3

da tu... da tu.. can we wish for that peck one coming week ..plz petty plz...

@theseasasleep lovely analysis of that hug scene and spin....her hand did capture my attention, she was not resisting but going with the flow (of that spinnnnn) and landed in WSs arms all safe and sound with arms resting on his chest. and his arms wrapped around her. so for sure by this time OTP feelings are mutual for ach other and we can enjoy those developments till we get this scene.

• Like 12