[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, evok said:

Ahh I  was expectiing Taeyson OST will bscreent mai n couple!...:(

Just wondering are we watchiNg same drama where we are considering WS as male lead and OstS Screen space widely filled with second lead...why IS IT so ? I am not happy at all...

Want to seee more of WS-HS love n feelings I osts...

• Like 10

I'm completely obsessed with this drama, and I've been watching the teasers non-stop.... lol here are some of my rambles:

Spoiler

I feel as though Soo asking "What if I can change his life?" is the catalyst to starting everything - her wanting him to not just play a supporting role in the palace, but gain confidence etc. I think this will allow him to become more ambitious for power, and her removing the mask (and covering his scars) allows him to do so...

I'm craving more interaction between Ji Mong and Soo though... Maybe he will drop some hints and she might use these hints to do something????

I wonder if they are going to air the birthday scene? Because it's basically just everyone treating her nicely, with WS and YH observing from afar... NO! lol. I hate all interaction between WS and TH T_T

The "crossed love" part which refers to WS and HS.... Why............ I just want a happy ending for our couple T_T and no wedding between YH and WS..... 

Ugh I'm so torn right now, because I definitely support the main couple (So x Soo), but knowing that he's going to marry Yeon Hwa is SO AWFUL and it really goes against everything that I love about his character!!!! His saying "Do you want to run away? We can if you want to" is representative of EVERYTHING that I adore about him!!!! i.e. his disregard for the rules and his willingness to place Soo over everything else (which is what I find a bit lacking in Wook).

lol every time I settle on shipping So x Soo, the close ups on KHN completely ruin everything lol!

I would genuinely just be happy if the drama COMPLETELY tossed out any fight regarding the throne, and just let HS and WS live a simple life next to the beach in a cottage.... That seems so romantic and something that our two heroes deserve...

I'm assuming that WS is challenging WY for the throne (as according to history), but... sigh. At 4.48 Ji Mong seems to be walking in front of WS... showing that JM is showing his support for him since he knows history? But what does this mean for our romance? :<

The blood spurting from WS's mouth scares me... but... I know that he survives to become king... right??? lol

In the 6 minute trailer, at 5.51 Wook looks so dark and brooding, and I fear that his image is going to completely change.... Arghhhhhhhhhh why can't our two boys just be happy T_T

I think WY must kill the first Crown Prince to become king. Then maybe his rule of tyranny causes for WS and some other princes to rebel against him? But maybe to challenge and consolidate his power and rulership, WS marries YH so that people will not challenge his power.... Which we obviously see Wook doing.

"I can change it. I'm not going to cast a blind eye. I'm not going to let anyone become unfortunate" = Signs that HS knows what is to happen? Or maybe she uses her influence over some of the princes to cause a chain reaction???

"Fate? I don't believe in such petty things as fate" = I think WS says this?? T_T

"Leave me alone" = HS rejecting WS when she realises that he's going to marry YH and is willing to do a lot in order to become the king???

WW's yelling "Soo-ah" = I can't decide whether this is earlier on in the drama or not? And I have no idea what symbolic meaning breaking the bracelet has???

"How wonderful it would have been if we met in a different world, different period" = forewarning of incoming angst :(

I'M CRAZY ABOUT THIS DRAMA!!!! This is seriously the very first kdrama that I've streamed, analysed like a crazy person the trailers and every scene, and watched like ALL the promotional material/interviews, and first historical korean drama that I've watched. I think the drama is so pretty, and the characters are getting fleshed out which makes this so interesting.

I keep trying to avoid the negative reviews, but it makes me so sad to read criticism over IU and the entire drama. I think after editing the soundtrack, it's a LOT better, and I genuinely can't imagine any other actress other than IU to play Hae Soo. I'm not actually a big kdrama watcher, but I've seen some kdramas in which the actors/actresses are praised, and they have made me cringe and feel as though I can't watch on beyond more than 30 seconds!!!! Whereas even though LJK and KHN clearly have the best acting in the drama, I am yet to feel uncomfortable and disgusted by someone's acting - and this happens to me a LOT during kdramas due to the common cliche moments. 

I'm sorry for the long post, and the rant T_T Would be interesting if anyone had anything to say in response to what I have said :)

• Like 20

4 hours ago, valentvcd said:

@qwenli 

Reveal hidden contents

OMG I watched that scene on youtube..... I am shock :astonished:

Spoiler

@qwenli I became curious too and checked it out. It turns out that KHN and the actress who plays YH actually do have a scene together.... A DIRTY one.

I should've NEVER been curious bc in that moment I could not see WW and YH the same anymore... I know it sounds childish but after seeing that small bit of a sexual scene between them PLUS the fact that in MLSHR, they are siblings.... its hard for me to see them having a normal brother-sister relationship. IMO it was a bit disturbing

My view of the chivalrous and kind WW has been destroyed by that glimpse of a lustful man — both played by KHN. But that only proves how great of an actor KHN is because he went from a character to character real good. I could not recognize who he was aside from his appearance.

note: i havent watched that film yet.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, xnancly said:

Reveal hidden contents

@qwenli I became curious too and checked it out. It turns out that KHN and the actress who plays YH actually do have a scene together.... A DIRTY one.

I should've NEVER been curious bc in that moment I could not see WW and YH the same anymore... I know it sounds childish but after seeing that small bit of a sexual scene between them PLUS the fact that in MLSHR, they are siblings.... its hard for me to see them having a normal brother-sister relationship. IMO it was a bit disturbing

My view of the chivalrous and kind WW has been destroyed by that glimpse of a lustful man — both played by KHN. But that only proves how great of an actor KHN is because he went from a character to character real good. I could not recognize who he was aside from his appearance.

curiosity can be dangerous :D 

• Like 13

@sharreb thanks chingu for liking thehgifs. Ill start creating few more today and will post once done

@Yippeuni ahh thats what I am wondering. What, why and how will happen in next episodes...? So much to think of even after putting Sherlock cap n coat.

@junee22

is it same belief at ur place too that ur kid will have features of the people you looked at during pregnancy ? I thought its only in my country. 

@solelylurking

same here frnd. Its nice discussing with you too.

and  yea I certainly agree with all the inputs you have added. WW is all about sitting on the sidelines and watching the match and hoping ball would come to him in sideline and then he would decide (still just decide) what to do then. He is not actively participating in thka Game Of HSs Love. He is just being there and wavering her heart so that she can come to her without him needing to do anything drastic dramatic for her.

its no fun as you said until both 1st n 2nd leads have same level of power and will to play. Like soccer game, its no fun if one team has all ball possession and attack and they win ( I am not comparing HS with the ball but WWs way of being so low profile in this game of love)

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

KKTV is an app / website in Taiwan that streams Asian dramas and movies, particularly from Korea, Japan, China, and locally (Taiwan). Their subs are all in traditional Chinese and subbed by locals. It's affiliated with KKBOX, also Taiwan-based, which streams Asian music. I only know of it because my siblings all use it in Taiwan (I'm Taiwanese), but I've never used it since, the last time I checked, it wasn't available for the U.S.

thank you all for your answers :) 

So, despite of low rating in SK, this drama is getting popularity in China, Taiwan, and South Asia countries, and more... even dramafever etc.... wow, I think the SK people will definitely hear about it and maybe they will start tune in next week onward. I hope it will get better rating in future episodes. 

• Like 12

did you guys see WW face when Haesoo basically reject him on the lake?? when he put away the soap that Haesoo give to him?? his face is really dark i mean there is no kindness at all at him.. i think he just as possessive as WS when it come to Haesoo.. 

the difference is who Haesoo choose at the end.. i remember roughly in preview Haesoo said she can't control her feeling even though she know who she love?? at first i thought is about WW and how she can't choose to fall in love even she know its wrong.. now? i think its about WS.. she maybe love WW but WS will make her heart fall in love in the purest form of love.. so she will choose WS at the end.. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

Whoa, I checked Dramabeans recap for episode 5 and it reached 700 comments ! Way to use this \^0^/

62 dls September 6th, 2016 at 10:07 PM

\^0^/ \^0^/ \^0^/

• 62.1 bebeswtz September 6th, 2016 at 10:22 PM

+100000000000000000000

• 62.2 \^0^/ September 6th, 2016 at 10:25 PM

\^0^/

• 62.3 ^^ September 6th, 2016 at 10:27 PM

\^0^/

• 62.3.1 0.0 September 6th, 2016 at 10:27 PM

\^0^/ \^0^/ \^0^/

lots of people posted their comment .... it's so good.

i'm happy this drama really2 hits outside of Korea

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii said:

I'm completely obsessed with this drama, and I've been watching the teasers non-stop.... lol here are some of my rambles:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel as though Soo asking "What if I can change his life?" is the catalyst to starting everything - her wanting him to not just play a supporting role in the palace, but gain confidence etc. I think this will allow him to become more ambitious for power, and her removing the mask (and covering his scars) allows him to do so...

I'm craving more interaction between Ji Mong and Soo though... Maybe he will drop some hints and she might use these hints to do something????

I wonder if they are going to air the birthday scene? Because it's basically just everyone treating her nicely, with WS and YH observing from afar... NO! lol. I hate all interaction between WS and TH T_T

The "crossed love" part which refers to WS and HS.... Why............ I just want a happy ending for our couple T_T and no wedding between YH and WS..... 

Ugh I'm so torn right now, because I definitely support the main couple (So x Soo), but knowing that he's going to marry Yeon Hwa is SO AWFUL and it really goes against everything that I love about his character!!!! His saying "Do you want to run away? We can if you want to" is representative of EVERYTHING that I adore about him!!!! i.e. his disregard for the rules and his willingness to place Soo over everything else (which is what I find a bit lacking in Wook).

lol every time I settle on shipping So x Soo, the close ups on KHN completely ruin everything lol!

I would genuinely just be happy if the drama COMPLETELY tossed out any fight regarding the throne, and just let HS and WS live a simple life next to the beach in a cottage.... That seems so romantic and something that our two heroes deserve...

I'm assuming that WS is challenging WY for the throne (as according to history), but... sigh. At 4.48 Ji Mong seems to be walking in front of WS... showing that JM is showing his support for him since he knows history? But what does this mean for our romance? :<

The blood spurting from WS's mouth scares me... but... I know that he survives to become king... right??? lol

In the 6 minute trailer, at 5.51 Wook looks so dark and brooding, and I fear that his image is going to completely change.... Arghhhhhhhhhh why can't our two boys just be happy T_T

I think WY must kill the first Crown Prince to become king. Then maybe his rule of tyranny causes for WS and some other princes to rebel against him? But maybe to challenge and consolidate his power and rulership, WS marries YH so that people will not challenge his power.... Which we obviously see Wook doing.

"I can change it. I'm not going to cast a blind eye. I'm not going to let anyone become unfortunate" = Signs that HS knows what is to happen? Or maybe she uses her influence over some of the princes to cause a chain reaction???

"Fate? I don't believe in such petty things as fate" = I think WS says this?? T_T

"Leave me alone" = HS rejecting WS when she realises that he's going to marry YH and is willing to do a lot in order to become the king???

WW's yelling "Soo-ah" = I can't decide whether this is earlier on in the drama or not? And I have no idea what symbolic meaning breaking the bracelet has???

"How wonderful it would have been if we met in a different world, different period" = forewarning of incoming angst :(

Summary: I'M CRAZY ABOUT THIS DRAMA!!!! This is seriously the very first kdrama that I've streamed, analysed like a crazy person the trailers and every scene, and watched like ALL the promotional material/interviews, and first historical korean drama that I've watched. I think the drama is so pretty, and the characters are getting fleshed out which makes this so interesting.

I keep trying to avoid the negative reviews, but it makes me so sad to read criticism over IU and the entire drama. I think after editing the soundtrack, it's a LOT better, and I genuinely can't imagine any other actress other than IU to play Hae Soo. I'm not actually a big kdrama watcher, but I've seen some kdramas in which the actors/actresses are praised, and they have made me cringe and feel as though I can't watch on beyond more than 30 seconds!!!! Whereas even though LJK and KHN clearly have the best acting in the drama, I am yet to feel uncomfortable and disgusted by someone's acting - and this happens to me a LOT during kdramas due to the common cliche moments. 

I'm sorry for the long post, and the rant T_T Would be interesting if anyone had anything to say in response to what I have said :)

Don't feel bad about it, dear! As long as we like the drama that should be enough. It's also doing great on youku (623,771,396 views as of right now).

The real problem is that episode 1 had weird editing and directing issues and horrible soundtrack, it put a lot of Korean viewers off. That's not the fault of the cast at all. If you look at opinions on 'neutral' ifan sites like dramabeans where they just care about the drama and less about the actors, they recognise that there were issues but still like the show and opinions about IU's acting are positive.

• Like 11

I accidentally found this song, sung by Lee Joon Gi and I don't even know the title but it sounds so beautiful. Anyone know the title of this song? I wish someone would be kind enough to make a nice MV with this song, it's just so beautiful...

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, matchacake said:

Don't feel bad about it, dear! As long as we like the drama that should be enough. It's also doing great on youku (623,771,396 views as of right now).

The real problem is that episode 1 had weird editing and directing issues and horrible soundtrack, it put a lot of Korean viewers off. That's not the fault of the cast at all. If you look at opinions on 'neutral' ifan sites like dramabeans where they just care about the drama and less about the actors, they recognise that there were issues but still like the show and opinions about IU's acting are positive.

yes!!!

i'm so mad & upset because this drama produced by big company also big budget. but why it's happen? messy editing & horrible soundtrack. they have a money also not need to rushed. they started shooting on januari 2016 & already done before this drama released. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, xnancly said:

Hide contents

As @valentvcd said curiosity is dangerous and this should remind of th saying "Curiosity killed the cat"afraid-milk-bottle-emoticon.gif

I wonder why Yeohnwa disliked Lady Hae so much. She has been a good wife and had good  manners.  Yeohnwa  will be even more pissed off till the end of the drama because HAE SOO will have Wang So and Wang Wook fighting for her affection. teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  She is going to be sooooo mad because her brain will never be able to register what does Hae Soo have that she doesn't but attracting all the prince's attention.  kill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifkill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif 

Even Queenn Yoo could not figure out why the King was laughing at Hae Soo's moment and received a 2 Persian Rugs. 

what-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifwhat-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

• Like 13

1 minute ago, ossy91 said:

Anyway I ever watch the movie that kang haneul and kang hana was act together ... ya that was many ***** scene.... i watch it because of jang hyuk.. 

EMPIRE OF LUST .

Oh my gosh that's Jang Hyuk?!?! I didn't even recognise him there :sweatingbullets:

And I watched the scene between Kang Ha Neul and Kang Ha Na, and I don't think I'll watch the rest of the movie lol. His earrings were so distracting haha. And I don't mind love scenes if they are tasteful, but it just felt really forced lol

• Like 6

@xnancly Omo I didn't know the two of them has a naughty scene together, becos I was fast forwarding that "bloody" show  :blink: My guess is that they must be from the same talent agency then. Usually actors are hired in packages. 

We can see here some SM agency influence too, from actors to ost.

------

Lee joon gi really teased us, he posted quite frequently on Instagram for awhile then yesterday n today nothing :tears:

-------

@Niki Azia it's alright, people make mistakes all the time, except this is a very expensive mistake. :sweatingbullets:

And for our brother/girlhood in this  drama… \^0^/

• Like 11

Whew! Work has not been nice to me this week and spending so much time catching up and posting on here doesn't give me any extra free time either. Haha. In any case, this article is now up! Review of ep 4 and 5 will be coming up next. Hopefully, I'll finish those up before Monday, or I'll never get ahead. LOL.

RI_SHR_New.png

Due to the number of complaints regarding the choppy editing and misplaced OST songs in the first three episodes of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, viewers were given a director's cut, re-edited version of episodes one through three.

When I heard news of this, the first thing I did was check my calendar. Was it Christmas?

It wasn't.

But it certainly felt like it. It was a lovely gift from the director to the viewers, especially for the ones like me who could overlook those flaws and still fall in love with the drama. I can't even imagine the amount of time the director must have put in to re-work three hours worth of entertainment and then air it only a couple of days after the premiere of the initial episodes. Kudos to you, director-nim!

The director's cut version added some scenes, took away some scenes, and split the occasional scenes into multiple parts to help with the story flow. Gone were the raps (thank goodness!) and better OST placements were made. The end result was the improvement I had been hoping to see.

I only wish these had been the aired episodes to begin with, but... kind of, sort of getting six episodes of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo in one week? Well, I won't complain!

[continue reading here]

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Lee joon gi really teased us, he posted quite frequently on Instagram for awhile then yesterday n today nothing :tears:

yeah..i too noticed  that... he posted quite a lot pics and vid yesterday...(but he looks so good in all the things he has posted)

@Niki Azia @qwenli agree this editing and OST mistakes is something which is goona haunt SHR crew for a long time if this drama cant come out of initial turmoil caused by all that. I read in some previous page here SHR PD is same of Winter that blows the wind, if yes then I didnt expect such issues here cause I loved that drama and couldnt find nay single flaw there.

And regarding that curiosity in question... i prefferd not to go down the lane that i'll regret later while watching this show...so i am skipping it...hehehe

• Like 10