Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

56 minutes ago, kimmistalks said:

Hey @elviraxxx, I also thought that YH genuinely likes WS during the first 4 episodes but the convo that YH and WY had about WS makes me think that she is only using WS for political reasons and entertainment. This convo just made me really angry because they were referring to WS as an animal. when in fact they're the ones acting like animals. 

YH is on another level of evil though, because even WY was taken aback at YH's thought of "taming" WS. Every episode I just hate her more >.<

I had the same thought as yours at first when watching the scene of YH helping WS treat his wound, supposing her feelings for him was genuine. Then I was kinda shocked at what she said to WY because it turns out to her WS is just an animal to tame and she finds it entertaining to train him into human. It disgusts me to look at the smug on her face when she is saying that. Yes you're right, their cruelty and scorn towards inferior people make them much much worse than any kind of animal they're comparing WS to, but unfortunately they're too full of themselves to realize that.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, ossy91 said:
  Hide contents
Cut

Something happen with haesoo next week ??? 

Hide contents
Cut

Bandage in her wrist??

Wow, such an eagle eye...

2 hours ago, ruizaio said:

I don't know if this scene was filmed and then left out or if it didn't get shot at all, but in an early version of the scripts that had been leaked, there was a scene right before Chae Ryung was beaten by the princess and her maidens. It shows how a bond forms between Baek Ah (13th) and So and hints at So's mettle for kingship. Basically, Prince 3 (Yo) insults Prince 13 (Baek Ah) as Baek Ah's mother is from the royal family of the fallen dynasty of Silla. So subtly comes to Baek Ah's defense, and they walk together. This is why they appear together when So comes to the rescue when Soo is being beaten by the princess.

The following is a rough translation of the scene:

Hide contents

Cut

This excerpt is written in a tone that is very different from the episodes we've seen so far. The lines sound more Sageuk-like and the vocabulary used is way more advanced than what is actually spoken in the drama. So I can understand that the scripts may have been totally revamped before they started shooting and that this scene may have been cut out totally. I just hope that they'll include enough scenes in the future that show more about how So prepares himself to be king... 

So sad that this scene get cut, it explain well why BaekAh 13th and So 4th come together and start their relationship (em, I mean their bromance).

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

Sorry to cut your post

Another common criticism on SH:R in Korea is about the colorful costumes of the princes (comparing them to Power Rangers or Teletubbies), but the rules about court attire doesn't get established until the reign of King 4 (our beloved So)! 

Hope this helps you understand the context of our drama.

I laugh so hard because of this... I do notice the colorful color of their outfit but never recall it as Power Ranger or even Teletubbies. Hahaha...

Oh ya I found this... (could be happen in next week ep to because HaeSoo wearing the yellow mustard maid clothes)

As So2 couple shipper, I was a bit heartbroken.

HSWW.png

• Like 21

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

A bit more about history. Some of the info may be historical spoilers.

This drama is set in the early stages of Goryeo, whth emerged as Silla fell. I.n fact, Wang Geon didn't even start out wanting to be king. He was helping someone else (Gung Ye) do that, but when Gung Ye became mad after founding his own kingdom, Wang Geon decided to step in and take over.

This means, any other powerful clans that helped him or not in the founding of Goryeo could challenge his throne. He overthrew a king, why couldn't they? So Wang Geon chose to marry many of the daughters of such clans (he had about 29 wives?), and also had children of the important families stay in the capital as wards (hostages). 

His first queen did not have any children. His second wife was someone he met before he became king, and she was from a more obscure family. She gave birth to his first son Mu, the Crown Prince of our drama. He supposedly had a lot of wrinkles on his face, which invited a lot of criticism of some powerful officials saying that he wasn't fit to be king. This explains why in our drama, So's facial scars are seen as such a disgrace and a disqualifying factor for his claim to the throne. The biggest weakness of Mu was that his mother was not from a powerful clan. Even his wife (he and Yo were the only princes of Geon that married outside of their family. The clans wanted to have the future queen come from one of them) was from a clan that wasn't so powerful, so he didn't really have mich support.

Wang Geon's third queen (the evil one in our drama) was from a very powerful clan (Yu), and gave him 5 sons. The first one died, the second one is Yo (eyeliner prince), third one is So and the fourth is Jung. She also had two daughters, one of which got mentioned recently in episode 5. To absorb Silla peacefully rather than forcibly, Geon offered his daughter to the last king of Silla as wife. Many royalty and nobility members of the Silla dynasty embraced Goryeo and maintained their privileged status. Lady Hae in our deama is supposed to be from one of those families, and that's why she and Wook2 (Baek Ah/Prince 13 in our drama) grew up close together as his mother was a Silla royalty. I have explained before that So was given to Lady Kang of Shinju as an adopted son when she lost her own son. 

Wang Geon's fourth queen was also from a very powerful clan (Hwangbo) and had a son (Wook1 - Prince 8 in our drama) and a daughter (Yeon Hwa in our drama) who marries Prince 4. So historically, Prince 4 had the support of three powerful clans to help him take the throne: his birth mother's, his adopted mother's, and his wife's. At the time, because he had two older brothers who seemed likely to inherit the throne, the clans were OK with him marrying his half sister.

Basically, most of the female members born in the Goryeo royal family ended up marrying their half siblings, cousins, uncles, or nephews. For example, Prince Wook2 has an affair with one of the daughters of Wook1 and their illegitimate child becomes king later on, but that's a different drama. This was to keep the bloodline pure and prevent any other families from gaining too much power as the family of a queen or grandparents of a future king. Silla also had a similar (actually more stricter at first) practice, although they had three royal families they could intermarry so it wasn't as pronounced.

What complicates things even further is that before he died, Wang Geon basically said that the throne should be passed on to a brother instead of a son of the previous king if the brother is qualified. Who decides who is qualified to be king? The powerful clans of course!

So yeah, right now, Goryeo is a fledgling kingdom with a weak throne where the legal system isn't fully established yet and other clans felt like they could still do whatever they wanted (hence the bold attack on Prince Jung in episode 4). Another common criticism on SH:R in Korea is about the colorful costumes of the princes (comparing them to Power Rangers or Teletubbies), but the rules about court attire doesn't get established until the reign of King 4 (our beloved So)! 

Hope this helps you understand the context of our drama.

Thabk you so much for giving so much details abt history and after reading thia I am more curious abt Goreyo dynasty as whole and will do research on IT.

• Like 16

56 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Guyssss I just woke up after 6 hours of sleep and will you belive what I saw in my dreams....you would not I know.

I myself finding it hard to digest being a kdrama fanatic for last 7 years It has never happened with me to have a dream of OTP that too kissing. Yes I did had imagination how it would look like but having a full fledged dream is first.... and it was SO SO GOOD......and here it goes...

I saw WS in some place and other side of window  with vertical bars with good space between each bar(no idea why its there what happened before is wiped out my memory) HS comes there and they had some word exchange and HS looking down, looking sad and disaaponited. And then all of a sudden WS comes forward, looks at her with his cute smile, holding windows bars and goes for kiss...and it was so good of passionate one, just awesome - sizzling (ahh I am shocked). And next scene is of some modern time like reporters all around and here I woke up.

and I couldn't contain the excitement to share it here with you.

my scarlet dreams wishing worked for me...

Hahaha what a dream! Thanks for sharing! :lol:

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Aya Assyifa said:

Hello chingguu..

it's my first post in this thread. i've been a silent reader since ep 1. but now, i can help but joining you all in this wonderfull thread. this thread really moving so fast. i was like reading the 280 page and went to sleep, and when i woke up this morning it has reached the 300th page.. i can't help but skipping..

i'd like to sharw my thought about the ep 4. my fave scene so far is when Soo bumped So in the middle of the pond (is it a bridge?), when HS told WS to never call her his belonging anymore. WS asked her "why not?" and when HS answered that she's a human not an item or animal, WS face turn to be satisfied. I thougt he was waiting for HS to say that she belongs to someone else. but with HS answered like that, it gave him a signal that HS hasn't taken yet.

Ohhh, i really love that scene that i rewatched it over and over

Historically, Gwangjong (So) implements a law that frees some slaves (and his queen -YH in our drama- opposes it). It would make sense to connect it with Soo's influence on him in our drama. Too bad his son basically reverses that law.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, matchacake said:

Youku view count is now at 581,318,777.

This is crazy. That's more than 100 million since 6-7 hours ago!

The numbers are really mind boggling. It's about 100mil per episode then. More then the population of some countries :D

• Like 19

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

Dear Santa Claus, i want to see a bunch of   SoSoo's french kiss scene \^0^/

Oh no.....not with my Jun Ki, please. I will die with a broken-heart. :bawling:

• Like 7

I found beautifull FMV SH ost. Enjoy :D

sorry if repost

• Like 17

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@bebebisous33 As always chingu, you always see what I miss. You were so right Wang Wook did love his wife. I agree Hae Soo belongs with Wang So because with him she doesn't have to pretend and he will cherish her more than any of the princes there. Baek Ha and Eun will cherish and love her as family. They will be loyal to her til the end of the drama. She will play the role of helping them finding their true mates and be very happy.  I agree Wang Wook will never abandon those ideals and responsibilities for her because of how he was raised.  Your right He would have never married her but he would have taken her as a concubine and that would have offended Hae Soo. I believe once she falls for Wang So she would do anything for him because her love for him would be much much deeper and true. True love is loving that person faults and all, nothing would come between them.  love-onion-head-emoticon.giflove-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

Annyeonghasaeyo my first time writing here and long time no see everyone!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-054.gif?1292792393

Hello my dear chingus @bebebisous33 and @UnniSarah as usual love...love reading your thoughts! Group hugsssss! :heart:

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, qwenli said:

The num really mind boggling. It's about 100mil per episode then. More then the population of some countries :D

Wowww...and after this I doubt anyone would say this drama IS not a success...iF yes then would have to redefine the definition of success Of a drama.

Let TV sets IN SK fail to give ITs due IN terms of rating but ITs getting everything outside...SHR hwaiting...

@dhia205  I am mean...hehe and IL proudly accept It....and yeah Tahts one delecious LooK no second Thought....

• Like 17

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

Dear Santa Claus, i want to see a bunch of   SoSoo's french kiss scene \^0^/

do we have any saeguk that have "hot" kisses?......if not can we have in Scarlet Heart?...ekekekekekeekeke

• Like 17

Does anyone know when WangSo gets married to the snooty princess? Before or After he became king ? I couldn't find the year of his marriage on the sites i opened. I wouldn't mind if he got married after HS disappeared. But i don;t want to see her living as a concubine while the princess gets to be the wife.

btw, can anyone explain the chinese streaming numbers to me ?

Someone on koala posted a comment saying that on a chinese site IQIYI, DOTS- 42 billion, heirs - 3.6 billion, MLFAS - 36 billion..  Whats the difference between IQIYI and youku ? How are we really doing?

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Good morning!! I would like to comment about this scene because I've noticed that many people were displeased with Yeon Hwa's comment. Her comment can be interpretated in two different ways: 

- either she does consider Wang So as an animal

- or she doesn't but she is only using the words Yo used and she is actually defending Wang So. Yes, I know, you must wonder. First, we shouldn't forget that Yeon Hwa hates his mother (Queen Yoo) above anything. She resents her for being the reason why her family was banished back then. And I am quite sure, she knows how close prince Wang Yo is close to his mother. In my opinion she is very careful, when she talks to him so I don't think, she would tell him what she really thinks.

Then it was Yo who described Wang So as such and not the other way around.  So she used Yo's description but she underlines that Wang So can definitely change (he can turn into a human). In my opinion, she is acting as if she accepts his point of view, yet she is also warning him that he shouldn't consider Wang So like inferior. The detached words (it would be fun!) don't reflect her own thoughts from my point of view. She doesn't want to appear too serious about Wang So, although she is really interested in Wang So. She is hiding her own thoughts and I don't think, she likes prince Yo since he is supported by his mother. She can't act offensive in front of him therefore she is acting as if she sees all this as entertainment, but she is not. The bet between Yo and So made her happy actually (see her reaction), but she got disappointed by Wang So's comment. However, she doesn't give up on Wang So, quite the opposite.

Good Morning chingu :)

I agree to 100 % that she did not give up on Wang So - and will not do that so easily - maybe not until the end.. we will see.  (or she will even win... Historical or not - I don´t like that!)

I agree too - that this Woman is used to be very careful with her words. We know that the King can use every Word as a Trap - and she just proved in Front of him how she acts to please him. But of course her plans are not to get away of the Palace.

Yes - she hates Queen Yoo and therefor her Underling too - no quetion for me. She could never trust the Man who follows every order of his Mother. She only used his Interest in her in that Moment to get a reaction from So - sure - she hoped and expected a different reaction. This was the second time she must felt like So let her down in front of someone else.

I agree - it is not an evidence for her to see Wang So as an animal too - just because she repeats WYs words. What makes me dislike her is the choice of words - extremly because we know how well she choose her words.

She is talking about Fun --- not if it could be interesting or something like that... hearing her that made me think about her smile when Hae So said to whip her instead and she - without thinking a second let her bound - and take the whip in her own hand - not waiting again to start the torture. This is the Woman who had fun too...

There is a Part about her I can only very much dislike. This did not say - that I can´t see where she comes from. I know her life was hard too and she had to witness early what can happen if she did not fit in the Game. And as a Woman she can never really gain the Power. Let me share her Discription again..

Screenshot%202016-09-08%2007.58.41_zpstf

You know that fits to me too --- she is interesting to become a King Maker - so the Woman with Power behind the Person she chose.  (marry him) And she is thinking to have Fun to turn an Animal to a Human. She likes to manipulate and pull the strings. She holds on to her Feelings for a Man she did not even know today. Yes - sometimes shec can see more about So than the others - but there are huge parts missing in her understanding.

I understand her hate toward the carefree Hae Soo - she since long has to live with worries and must be careful with every step. So she wish to let HS see what will happen beeing careless. I wonder if the Marriage HS will be pushed into is the Marriage the King had in his Mind for YH.

• Like 23

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@bebebisous33 As always chingu, you always see what I miss. You were so right Wang Wook did love his wife. I agree Hae Soo belongs with Wang So because with him she doesn't have to pretend and he will cherish her more than any of the princes there. Baek Ha and Eun will cherish and love her as family. They will be loyal to her til the end of the drama. She will play the role of helping them finding their true mates and be very happy.  I agree Wang Wook will never abandon those ideals and responsibilities for her because of how he was raised.  Your right He would have never married her but he would have taken her as a concubine and that would have offended Hae Soo. I believe once she falls for Wang So she would do anything for him because her love for him would be much much deeper and true. True love is loving that person faults and all, nothing would come between them.  love-onion-head-emoticon.giflove-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

@UnniSarah  In my opinion WW has a mask that needs to be snatch off his face I think he's a sheep in wolves clothing.. He has always taken credit for what WS has done and when will HS see this WW can't protect her the way WS will..

@Berou Thanks for the still, I think WW and HS makes a cute  couple off screen we can call them the wo so couple.. 

WW kinds of put me in remind of taejong son the one that usurp the throne from his brother..

• Like 13

On 9/7/2016 at 1:29 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for completing my analysis about Hae Soo and Wang wook. Your great analysis made me also think too. What will Wang Wook answer to Wang So? 

The question is why Wang So is asking him. First, he doesn't know what was the smiley about and so far, he doesn't know about the poem. Either he hears the story from Baek Ahn or he realises it himself. So why is he curious to know? IS it because he sees Hae Soo as his person (friend, ally) and he wants to make her happy or he has already decided to have Hae Soo? 

In the last episode, Wang So was pretty clear what he wanted from his marriage. So in my opinion, he could be already looking for a partner and he has set his eyes on Hae Soo. I mean, he had been busy all his life trying to survive so he could have answered, he had no idea about marriage as he had just settled in the palace. But the only real encounter between Wang So and Hae Soo in the episode 5 showed us how impressed she was about his appearance and she made him compliment. Wang So knows that Hae Soo is far from superficial: she doesn't care about his rank or his looks because when he was covered in blood, she didn't avoid him at all. So her compliments are genuine and he must have been touched by it. Besides, Wang So is still an outcast, who would like to marry someone like him... so he has more chances to marry someone with less connection and power. 

Actually, I can imagine that Wang So is already interested in Hae Soo, but if Wang Wook definitely doesn't answer to Wang So, this could mean that Wang So sees it as not a meddling. Yet, if Wang So hears about the story about the poem from Baek Ahn, then it is different since it is pretty clear that he knows what is going on. As conclusion, Wang So decides to help Hae Soo first and he needs Wang Wook's support. Besides, the word "child" he used could be seen as a clue that Wang So is not interested in her yet. On the other hand, Wang So could try to hide his true feelings/interest as well. As conclusion, anything is possible.

first of sorry for replying to it late and thanks for liking my posts eventhough its nothing in front of how marvelously you do the detailed analysis.....i was waiting to finish epi5 so that I can have all data to put it here.

1. WS addressing HS as Aayi (child), i agree he still does not have any romantic feelings attached but he just want to be her guardian (as HSs sister died) to make sure of her safety. And that includes her being his friend/ally.

2. I still doubt that was the case cause when WS had that interaction with YH cause his eyes did not have that spark when you have someone special or whom you thought you want to make special (LJK is good with expressions so he could not miss if this was supposed to be visible). he was just looking at infinity with eyes not having clear focus as if he himself is confused who to look for with this expectation.

3. I am also curious about it, why that question was put and only after knowing the reason it can be deciphered to find the emotions involved in it. So for now I can only say that WS was concerned about HS and wants to know how much WW (did we see WS putting it to WW or was it just voice over, cause if voice over possible it was asked to the person HS is going to marry...wild guess)

4. and that last part is perfect that WS wants to confirm he would not hurt anyone if he will be moving towards HS with his future in mind.

5. I have couple of inputs so far regarding YH and WS's expectation from their better half. They both want someone who can treasure them. And in the case when both want to be treasured it would be like ego play if get in marriage bond cause one will always have expectation in eyes to treasure him/her (while other would be expecting the same) that will tough to fulfilled and it will end up with disappointment and hitting marriage badly.

So in my view one should be ready to treasure the other one , his dreams, expectation and that will make the couple in perfect balance. And other one when gets all such selfless love and care will gradually heal emotionally and can fulfill first ones emotional needs.This marriage or relationship will go all the way to a happy future ahead.

A perfect couple has that understanding to change modes to know when who needs healing and support and other doing it then and later when other one needs it first one can do the same. So thay can switch roles from treasurer and treasured based upon the timing n requirement. But if both are too strong headed to step down n only want be treasured always then this will not work in long term (And we know WS and YH both are strong headed)

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@kdramakrazy

Historically, they are married before So becomes king. Their first son is born about 6 years after he becomes king.

I dont want to see So married to anothers.. :bawling:

53 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Wowww...and after this I doubt anyone would say this drama IS not a success...iF yes then would have to redefine the definition of success Of a drama.

Let TV sets IN SK fail to give ITs due IN terms of rating but ITs getting everything outside...SHR hwaiting...

@dhia205  I am mean...hehe and IL proudly accept It....and yeah Tahts one delecious LooK no second Thought....

This is a great drama, I dont understant why in SK rating is not really good. But for us, international fans, this is great drama..

I hope that this drama will be success in SK too.. 

29 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

You know that fits to me too --- she is interesting to become a King Maker - so the Woman with Power behind the Person she chose.  (marry him) And she is thinking to have Fun to turn an Animal to a Human. She likes to manipulate and pull the strings. She holds on to her Feelings for a Man she did not even know today. Yes - sometimes shec can see more about So than the others - but there are huge parts missing in her understanding.

I understand her hate toward the carefree Hae Soo - she since long has to live with worries and must be careful with every step. So she wish to let HS see what will happen beeing careless. I wonder if the Marriage HS will be pushed into is the Marriage the King had in his Mind for YH.

I guess YW will be another evil queen.YW and evil Queen were having same thought about power. So i guess she will make HS suffer too.. *poor our HaeSoo*

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@kdramakrazy

Historically, they are married before So becomes king. Their first son is born about 6 years after he becomes king.

First Son - where there Daughters before?

• Like 7