[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

Why koreans are so mean to IU...

TV: 'Moon Lovers' continues to struggle, who is to blame?

Article: Is IU to blame for 'Moon Lovers' slump?

Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate

1. [+1,086, -91] Her facial expressions are always o.o;;;;;;; Please just stick to what you're good at. Why do something you're not good at and get all this hate....

2. [+1,024, -104] Jun Ki's trying to save it... but IU's ruining it...

3. [+936, -80] The article hit the nail on the head. As an Lee Jun Ki fan, this is so upsetting ㅠ_ㅠ........

4. [+163, -20] I want to ask a genuine question. Is IU a face really pretty enough for a lead role? I seriously don't understand how she got this role at all. IU has no dimension to her face, she doesn't seem like an actor. I can't focus on the drama because she sounds like a choding when she talks. Please stop acting. There are so many taller, prettier actors, why is IU a lead in such a big drama like this..

5. [+152, -22] It really is IU's fault. Yes, everything is to blame on IU being the female lead.

6. [+134, -13] With the drama getting a 15 billion won funding, you'd think they could've cast a real actress instead of an idol. IU's image isn't what it was in the past, and her acting skills aren't like Lee Byung Hun's where it can cover for his mistakes

7. [+118, -17] Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul's skills could rival 'Gurumi'. The plot and everything is great but IU, just why... her face just isn't meant for a female lead. I'd rather someone like Moon Geun Young, Shin Se Kyung, or Moon Chae Won take her role... an actress in her mid-late twenties. IU always has that same facial expression in all of the still cuts for 'Moon Lovers'. It reminds me of a baby orangutan...

8. [+87, -15] Yeah she's too ugly

9. [+78, -12] IU's amazing skills in turning all of the dramas she's a lead in into flops, and yet she still dares to say it's not her fault?

10. [+77, -13] I honestly can't focus because of IU either. I tried to watch for Lee Jun Ki but actually found out about Kang Ha Neul~!! He's so good!!

11. [+61, -10] This drama never stood a chance. Lost to Park Bogum and Kim Yoo Jung, and to IU and Baekhyun's acting.

12. [+60, -8] She's so greedy with acting. Just stick to singing. There are things that you can work hard on and improve but also things that will never improve no matter how much effort you put into. Her face has always been the type that you get sick of seeing if you look at it too much so it's perfect for a singer who promotes in short intervals at a time.

13. [+58, -9] Ah... never did I imagine that 'Moon Lovers' would be ruined this horribly...

14. [+56, -12] Yes, her fault...

Link: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/09/tv-moon-lovers-continues-to-struggle.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Oh my God, most comments are either rude or evil. Her face is lovely and beautiful and fit to be 16 yo girl but they compare her to baby orang utan???? Talking about 'have you seen mirror lately'. Shhh... SMH. Crazy people. :angry:

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Oh i see, so currently it was meant for his mother. AHHHHH i get it! thanks for the explanation. :glasses: I love him HS is so faithful and loyal to WS, the fact that she didnt spill on any of his secrets or weak moments and chose to get punish instead is something truly noble of her. :blush:

hmmm maybe i see that as a possibility. if that hairpin symbolizes love then he will eventually give it to HS. (a bit like in the c version there was some artificat on display that was a connection between ruoxi and the 4th prince, am i right?)

I really wonder why the mother hates WS is it because he is scarred? That would be a stupid reason to hate him. :angry:

I'm pretty sure WS and HS will have some mementos that symbolize their love for each other later (there's no reason not to, right ;)). Let's say, like in the C-version, the 4th prince did give Ruo Xi a couple of gifts (a hairpin, a hand-crafted ointment container, a necklace, etc.) to express his care and affection for her, all of which were treasured wholeheartedly by Ruo Xi until the day she passed away TT_TT

About the relationship between WS and his mother, I think the Queen despises him because he reminds her of her own mistake in the past. She was so desperate to hold on to the King's heart that she even hurt her own child accidentally. He's the proof of her failure and impotence both as a mother and a wife, so she sent him away as a way to deny it. However, I do hate the fact that she is so heartless that she continues to hurt him again and again :bawling: 

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, hiluna said:

It is called "Sweet Memory" here it is 

thank you so much!!!! :) it's so nice melodic song  by LJK.

btw, why they kept blaming IU? she's not bad at all...

Last year they blamed LYB for bad acting in Scholar, now IU? they both were so cute and had so good chemistry with LJK... I even still *wishing* for LJK & LYB to be real couple in real life, because they were so good together.

Of course now I can't ship LJK and IU in real life because IU has a bf, but I think the koreans just won't let him work with any young actresses...

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Wow... just... hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif

What is wrong with these people? All of those comments are just vicious. Anonymity at it's best. expulsion-onion-head-emoticon.gif I'm not a fangirl, far from it. I never heard of IU before this drama, but she doesn't deserve this. She's really not that bad. 

I'd love to be able to read that article. Oh well.  

Same here! Nothing objective. Childish reasons. The explanation for the  low rating in K is another one.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

when this scene happened ? i dint see it any of the teasers...anyone else noticed it anywhere bts or teasers ?

I was wondering too as well! It's fan made gif so maybe the creator used one of LJK's other dramas ? But it kinda looks like IU! 

• Like 9

SHRs performance in China an article..

http://www.australianetworknews.com/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-expensive-korean-drama/

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Why It’s the Most Expensive Korean DramaMoon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Why It’s the Most Expensive Korean Drama

Twitter/Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

The latest SBS period K-drama Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo might be behind in viewership ratings. However, it has proven quite profitable for the network in the Chinese market.

August 30 marked the debut of SBS’ latest offering. The period K-drama follows the recently concluded Doctors, which was a medical-themed love story. However, the change in storyline has yet to prove it can live up to or better yet surpass the success of its predecessor.

Alas, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is not quite there. Admittedly, it has only been on air for two weeks. Its rating slipped further after the fourth episode. Viewers voiced their opinions about the decision to cast K-Pop stars in key roles of the period K-drama. Their feedback was not as favorable as hoped for, as many were critical of their acting. However, it could still pick up viewership rankings after a few more episodes.

Nevertheless, its viewership ranking did not put off YouKu from purchasing the period K-drama. Moreover, it did so to the whopping price tag of USD400,000 per episode. Yet the total of USD8 million turned out to be a bargain. According to K-Pop Herald, the Chinese broadcasting station made the purchase amidst the ban imposed by their country on anything Korean. Thus, one could only imagine how high it would have gone without the current political tension between the two nations.

Why the Chinese love Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

The interest in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo reflects the soft spot of the Chinese for period dramas. Yet the Korean series holds special meaning as it is a remake of the 2011 Scarlet Heart, hence the likely connection to audiences in China. This aspect could be its edge over Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. The KBS2’s is also a period K-drama and remains strong in viewership rankings nationwide at 19.3%. By contrast, the SBS period K-drama earned only 5.7% after its fourth episode according to Soompi.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Does anyone know where I can watch the director's cut?? I'd be very grateful for a reply!:wub:

Loved the LJK kicking richard simmons video but his best kicking richard simmons was in Arang and the magistrate. he was just awesome in that.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, sandjh said:

I have too and I agree as well. I really like this pairing a lot more, they suit! Couldn't finish JG :( haha

Too bad you couldn't finish Joseon Gunman, the political background story and action scenes were great but the love story sucked. When I watch it over again to get my Joon Gi "fix" I skip over the parts with the lead actress, his interactions with the second lead actress were more interesting.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

why IU is so indifferent in that last gif and KHN having fun and winking so uch? can anyone explain ?

She's shy and awkward to people she doesn't know well. In the past, Gong hyo Jin described her as serious (compared to those around her age) and Kim Soo Hyun added that there's like an old lady inside her lol.

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

when this scene happened ? i dint see it any of the teasers...anyone else noticed it anywhere bts or teasers ?

its in the long preview i think after WS come to claim his spot as a king or to officially want the throne... his clothes is the same.. 

both LJG and KHN keep saying how cute IU is.. lol 

she can be shy and reserved to people that she doesn't know or uncomfortable but both LJG and KHN seem to have chemistry with IU both on and off screen.. they seem comfortable and such a fun and happy environment... 

i glad they have fun filming.. :)

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

It's on the long trailer chingu but it's just a second so you need to pay attention because it goes by so fast.

i still could not find it in the one i have downloaded. can you give me the link where you have seen it ?

@notintoyou that described why she is like that. And i have seen in many other bts too seems like there is a switch in her as soon as camera is off she switches to a much serious sincere person and in front of camera she is as bubly as HS is. And after seeing ll that if anyone questions her acting they are bad at understanding what genuine acting is.

@violet90

i am still failing to get that scene...can you give me the link of the one having this scene

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, shiraru said:

Oh jeez Kang Haneul!! Should I start shipping you and IU in real life?? Ahahahaaa... :lol:

I'm falling for him, he's such a dork lol. Even LJK teased him saying he looks at IU a lot. I ship them, I know I'm not supposed to... :wub:

• Like 15

1 minute ago, notintoyou said:

I'm falling for him, he's such a dork lol. Even LJK teased him saying he looks at IU a lot. I ship them, I know I'm not supposed to... :wub:

even LJG notice that... lol 

i kinda think KHN have a crush to IU though.. he seem to light up and only focus to IU when he around her... such a fanboy... kkk

• Like 16