[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, kdramakrazy said:

but didn't WS have a bun when he meets HS in the palace and hides her from his mother?

You're right, he did. However, the bun was at the back of his head. It wasn't on the top of his head with that metal holder clip thing like the other princes. So, I'm thinking that the fact that it was different from that other very specific style might have meaning. Perhaps only married men wore the hair on the top of the head with that clip thing?  I don't know. 

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

very correct...Wang So's entry side by side Sun portrays his resemblance to Sun.

And after reading it I thought the resemblance of his Mask causing eclipse as in his life as below:

His mask is not just covering his face but his confidence to face people, his emotions that he cant show it to others, his power of hiding his vulnerability just like during eclipse Moon covers the Sun and hides its Shine. But Sun can only be covered for some time and not forever. Same way HS has been brought to WSs life to remove that mask from his face so that eclipse formed in his personality by covering his confidence, emotions, power will be removed soon to make him Shine again. Just like Sun shines back brighter than before after eclipse.

Edit: there can be many more such traits which are under-toned due to that Mask and once its removed he will get his confidence back all of his qualities will become his power to get the throne.

I love your analogy between the mask and the eclipse... crazy monkey 003 good job onion headvery true indeed. Striking is that his mask is getting thinner. First his nose was covered and the mask was made of metal, the last one was made of fabric and leather which gives him a softer face. Nonetheless, he is still dressing in black which reinforces that he is still in the dark...

@louisawatson I would like to see more Yo too. First, I would have liked to see that missing scene someone mentioned before: Yo is insulting Baek Ah and Wang So takes his defense. I really enjoy the earlier episodes because of the conspiracy and the fighting too. If this drama is till the end so good, I am even thinking to get the DVD with the deleted scenes as I believe, this scene would have been good to see. 

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to see more Yo too. First, I would have liked to see that missing scene someone mentioned before: Yo is insulting Baek Ah and Wang So takes his defense. I really enjoy the earlier episodes because of the conspiracy and the fighting too. If this drama is till the end so good, I am even thinking to get the DVD with the deleted scenes as I believe, this scene would have been good to see. 

yes, i also want to see that scene. i think they might have deleted it because it concerns the next-door-country, and this drama is sold to the next-door-country. currently, two countries are not in a good relationship and a lot of k-dramas and k-celebrities are put on blacklist, so i think they are trying to be careful to not upset the next-door-country.

• Like 14

@MAROSA_JIN thanks for posting those articles. I was reading it on DF was giggling and grinning like idot. How everyone watching SHR has so much love and concern and hugs for our 4th prince. He is geting love from all over the world just not from his mother... ok so just like SHR is getting all attention worldwide but not the ratings in home country.

LJK facts... he is so like WS to have  GF whom he can lean onto. So sweet of him.

@bebebisous33thank you so much for liking my analogy. Its just an effect if being with such great analyzers here like you. And yes his mask changing getting thiner speaks volume (if not done randomly but has some meaning behind it). His black attire,  he is my Man In Black in Goryeo cause of that...;)

@louisawatson

Now I am Confused why the scene you described last page will IMpact next door country ? Sorry IF a silly question but I thought to put to know why..

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@MAROSA_JIN thanks for posting those articles. I was reading it on DF was giggling and grinning like idot. How everyone watching SHR has so much love and concern and hugs for our 4th prince. He is geting love from all over the world just not from his mother... ok so just like SHR is getting all attention worldwide but not the ratings in home country.

LJK facts... he is so like WS to have  GF whom he can lean onto. So sweet of him.

@bebebisous33thank you so much for liking my analogy. Its just an effect if being with such great analyzers here like you. And yes his mask changing getting thiner speaks volume (if not done randomly but has some meaning behind it). His black attire,  he is my Man In Black in Goryeo cause of that...;)

Well, I must confess that I am a teacher pink cattherefore I would say that writing analysis has become a habit, like we say in French : it is a so called "déformation professionelle" which means job conditioning!! leaf

Then I would like to add that it seems to me that he will choose wearing other colours after he decides to show his face and leave his mask behind. First, it is still red and black, but later when he kisses her, his clothes are brighter like orange. So this reflects again his state of mind: he is more open and happier.    

• Like 16

@KdramaSwimmer and @bebebisous33

You inspired me to look up the meaning of the colour black ... is it Monday yet ?? head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

The color black relates to the hidden, the secretive and the unknown, and as a result it creates an air of mystery. It keeps things bottled up inside, hidden from the world.

In color psychology this color gives protection from external emotional stress.

It creates a barrier between itself and the outside world, providing comfort while protecting its emotions and feelings, and hiding its vulnerabilities, insecurities and lack of self confidence.

Kind of fits him to a T right? ''It gives protection from external emotional stress'' - that would be from his horror of a mother then so. 

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-black.html

• Like 14

7 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

You guys, it's the year 942 in the show right now, which makes our WS and WW just 17 year old(They were born in 925). Give the guys a break if they are not acting as some of us would like them to. They are just teenagers right now.

Oh my! no wonder Joon Gi said that he barely made the cut for the show.  I guess that is one of the reasons the director wanted him to lose weight, he looks 10 years younger, and the character's maturity can be accounted for by his horrible childhood when he had to grow up quick to survive.

• Like 17

24 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Now I am Confused why the scene you described last page will IMpact next door country ? Sorry IF a silly question but I thought to put to know why..

it's based on history, so if i remember it correctly, they were talking about incident that is related to the historical next-door-country. and korea and next-door-country have at least 90% history of "bad relationship"

• Like 10

@MadraRua The colour Black can be seen as something negative like positive. Black symbolises:

- loneliness, seclusion

- melancholy

- but also elegance, objectivity reliability and modernity.

Honestly, these qualities defines our man Wang So. He is indeed very serious and smart. Even if he is so emotional, he is able to comprehend the situation and act on it.

• Like 18

@bebebisous33teachernim..we are glad we have you here to enlighten with your knowledge and theories.  Ita much more fun to watch a drama knowing more abt it, psychology of characters and why writer-pd did what they did.

and yeah other than mask next thing to be changed is his dress colors. He has a long way to evolve into what his destiny has decided when HS met him.

@MadraRua unni... we are at same situation banginv heads to wait for monday. But being here makes it less painful and more bearable knowing we have many many things to discuss and analyze while waiting for M day (MOnday  = MOon loversz day)

Black.. no wonder it has that effect on psychology on the person wearinf. Btw black is my fav color too and my wardrobe always has a large number of black options ( so I kinda like this Sageuk MIB...hehehe)

• Like 11

@KdramaSwimmer "teachernim" leaf  sounds good to me!! But let me add something: on your signature gif, when Wang So is hugging Hae Soo from behind, he is wearing his mask and if the trailer is not misleading us, he is saying that he missed her. So soon enough, we will see Wang So showing more feelings towards Hae Soo. I am looking forward to watching this scene. So far, she only saw him once smiling. I would like to say that I really enjoyed it watching him getting one step closer to her by putting his face so close to her, the total opposite of Wang Wook who likes watching Hae Soo from far away. Wang So has been trying to be next to her, like in the garden or in the palace. 

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

"teachernim" leaf  sounds good to me!! But let me add something: on your signature gif, when Wang So is hugging Hae Soo from behind, he is wearing his mask and if the trailer is not misleading us, he is saying that he missed her. So soon enough, we will see Wang So showing more feelings towards Hae Soo. I am looking forward to watching this scene. So far, she only saw him once smiling. I would like to say that I really enjoyed it watching him getting one step closer to her by putting his face so close to her, the total opposite of Wang Wook who likes watching Hae Soo from far away. Wang So has been trying to be next to her, like in the garden or in the palace. 

Yeah teachernim now ur nickname here...Glad you like IT.

Yes the Missed you line has masked ws so ITs gonna happen sooner than other scenes. And hope IT happens coming week.

Abt bringing his face closer..my take..

WS Likes bringing his face closer to her face And IN those moments he Observes her flustered expression as If he just  Invaded her personal space and wants to see how she reacts. To his close proximity, again no love yet just he enjoys her expression from up and close. And I love him watching her that way...heheh

@louisawatson Gotcha. Thanks for INfo frnd

• Like 16

@Berou Thanks a lot for the compliment. I really appreciate it because it means, my input has such an impact that next time, you'll notice something and will realise a new aspect. And that's actually what a teacher is supposed to do: bring the best from his "students". leaf

@MadraRua I am also thinking that this scene might appear next week because Hae Soo seems so detressed: her hair is totally messed up (it looks like it) and her gaze as if she was lost. So it happens a certain time after the funeral. I have imagined that Hae Soo will be so depressed that she will drink with Baek Ah and that Wang Eun will use his puppets to make her smile. So the hug might be to comfort her, make her feel that she is not alone, she has still him by her side. We shouldn't forget that for her, lady Hae and her husband had become her family. So losing lady Hae and seeing Wang Wook so devastated, she will feel lonely and abandoned again.

This will be my last comment for tonight!!;)

• Like 15

8 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

LOL!!! KHN is so cute :) btw where did you see the Vapp live? Is it english subs? please share it with us, thank you

edit: I found it :) http://www.vlive.tv/video/12788;jsessionid=570761D0FC323B41BFBE6FC210C73B3B 

LJK did interviewed all the casts for 30+mins, he is super cool guy! 

it was this Vapp Live with Hong Jong Hyun-Kang Ha Neul-Lee Jun Ki (they did this when they were on Running Man)

and this is the interview he did in Singapore (you can click on that link, the video should be there)

http://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/whats-buzzing/article/kang-ha-neul-every-moment-with-baek-hyun-and-ji-soo-was-fun-6660766

• Like 13

11 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Quiz: Which Scarlet Heart: Ryeo cast is your ultimate prince charming?

I got Lee Joon Gi too. Hehe. :wub:

b60e6eeb-d9cb-4230-8811-f9eaba79c3cc.PNG

I really love the caption on this: They're both watching something that makes them smile. *Happy sigh* :wub:

And the video of IU singing at the staff dinner is such a treat. ^^ It's great to hear her voice and she looks so happy and beautiful.

• Like 20

Wow miss a day and have a 21 page back read which I refuse to do but glad this thread is more hype then the ratings.. So I just go back and read the last 3 pages to be caught up and join in on the fun..  

Welcome Aboard @sunshinefate,

Waving Hello To @40somethingajjuma and @stargazer187

5 hours ago, MadraRua said:

What's even more interesting is if she is against the marriage of Wang Wook and Hae Soo, he'll fall in line. That could be the end we've been waiting for. Hae Soo would not put up with that. 

@MadraRua  I can understand why should would be against WW and HS if she has thoughts on making him the next CP he would need a reputable clan for his backing such as his next wife has to be that person.. But WW will vye for HS because of his heart tells him he loves her but I think it's different WW has a problem with thinking anything he comes in contact with belongs to him such as HS he see her as his like and object..  Just reading your post makes me wonder will WW mom team up with evil queen and agree to marry HS to WS as long as he leaves and she don't have to look at him to remind her of her past sins..

5 hours ago, littleloony said:

Agree with you chingu.....and just WOW! so that is how knetz comment huh???? Goodness gracious! There is like no filter and no courtesy, no consideration either. I have never actually read individual bad comments of knetz before......never bothered......only when there are good comments I read some that are posted in Soompi. I am actually awestruck.....I guess only coming to soompi and its great atmosphere makes me unaware of how people actually diss a drama. Last time I was in a drama discussion in soompi that was really going downhill, even there, all the commentators took a lot of effort to be civil and disagree with the drama. These comments would be hilarious really if they werent hurting the actor's effort so much.

Hey @littleloony  Well how are you these day's. I agree with your comment about hurting the other actors LJK is a well rounded actor and the role that was choosen for him I think fits him perfectly the role of WW don't fit in his(LJK) character as and actor none of these knetz seems to comment on. If these roles do fit thel actor they'll just complain about any negative thing they could find.. I feel they don't have much going on in real life so they vent there anger at whatever through Kdrama so be it.. Let them complain atleast we no there's some serious buzzing going on about this drama..

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to add that Queen Yoo wants to shine... she even told Wang So that she needs a son to make her shine. So basically, she was revealing that Yo is only a tool for her as well. She wants to be in the center of the attention... just like a sun. I find it really striking that Wang So was introduced with the sun raising so that this scene symbolised that Wang So embodies the sun. So her son Wang So will have the exact of opposite of what she wants. Actually, he would have helped her to shine, if she hadn't rejected him. Her need for attention can also be observed the way she dresses herself. All her jewelries are made of gold (shining). She doesn't want to have any other woman to look better than her, therefore she threatened her staff with her remark just before leaving for the ritual. Striking is that Queen Yoo witnessed how Hae Soo was able to leave a good impression on the king Taejo and she didn't like it. This could be an explanation why Yoo might be also involved in the arranged marriage with Hae Soo. 

Well Hello @bebebisous33  Loved your comment here it makes me think from the scene of her cutting WS face was done purposely.. He was a child had delicate features like a woman and she may have been jealous of the attention he got as a child and could only feel that he would outshine her in his adult years.. Looking at him now without the scar he would be a very handsome young man that would send the courtiers daughters buzzing around him none of that attention would be focused on her.. Her rejection of him time and time again will lead to a big downfall for her she may even try to marry HS to WW just to continue to dig his wounds deeper and rub salt in them it's her way of making him reject her so she don't have to feel any guilt for what has happen to him by her on hands.. She as taught all those kids to dis him I can't wait to see her past catch up to her or her having to depend on him for her to shine as you say.. 

I have always wonder out of all the children in the palace why she choose him this makes me think she was jealous of him then.. 

• Like 16