[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@solelylurking thank you Chingu for the link...it made my day. and what i loved most..its raining in background in that scene. This makes it my most fav scene so Hug in the rain...(another gif on the way..yayaa)

@MoOnLoVeRz wowww these are so many gorgeous pics al together just lip up this page like 1000W Tubelight... thanks for sharing...

btw original pic of below is my laptop wallpaper, my cell phone wallpaper.. so i am literally staring at him all the time if not this thread...

RO59291949_w900_h1405.png

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

To answer your question, yes, in Goreyo times, it was acceptable for the royal Family to marry your siblings. To them, the incest helped to keep the bloodline pure. Historically, Wang So did marry his half sister, Yeon Wha, and they had 5 children together. He also married his niece, the daughter of Crown Prince Mu. Apparently, the real Wang Wook also married one of the princesses (also a half sister). In the drama though he has married Lady Hae, so they are not following real life there.

Definitely they were kin to the Targaryens :D

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, gobsmack said:

Yeah , how is it so, since its produced by YG? Why didn't YG push for his actors/idols instead?

Nam Joo Hyuk is from YG apparently and maybe it's part of the big deal as we actually get YG involved in the music production for this drama given that some of their artists will participate in the OST (next in the line ups should be Epik High and Akdong Musician) while SM's got to participate with some OSTs and two of their idols joined the drama. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, skxz said:

KHN is so dorky he's just so adorable. I didn't realise how good he is at acting but then again I didn't follow his works back then.

You should watch Angel eyes,if you haven't watched it. He played the teen version of lead and was fabulous. Both the teen leads were so good that the main leads paled in front of them. I am glad Nam Ji Hyun who played the teen lead has landed her first main lead part against Seo In Guk in Shopping King Louie. Sorry for going off topic. :lol:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, the walk in the snow (HS and WW) and the walk from the hill (HS and WS) gives us a real clue about the dynamic in the relationship between our two couples.

Sorry to cut your post short but this sentence describes exactly what I was thinking! I totally agree with everything you said, the two scenes very reflective of the relationships they share. 

HS and WW's relationship is that she looks up to him so much so that she is the follower. She doesn't want to disappoint him in any way and admires him for his talents. I feel like she's also less like herself when she's around him as she feels she needs to act a certain way.

HS and WS's relationship on the other hand is all about HS showing WS what life is about. She is herself around him and shares with him her thought process and gives him advice. She is his guide and a force that essentially drives him forward. 

I'm so glad you picked this up and the post you made was just amazing!

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, skxz said:

Sorry to cut your post short but this sentence describes exactly what I was thinking! I totally agree with everything you said, the two scenes very reflective of the relationships they share. 

HS and WW's relationship is that she looks up to him so much so that she is the follower. She doesn't want to disappoint him in any way and admires him for his talents. I feel like she's also less like herself when she's around him as she feels she needs to act a certain way.

HS and WS's relationship on the other hand is all about HS showing WS what life is about. She is herself around him and shares with him her thought process and gives him advice. She is his guide and a force that essentially drives him forward. 

I'm so glad you picked this up and the post you made was just amazing!

Thanks a lot chingu for the compliment! crazy monkeyIt took me a while to post it!!:sweatingbullets:

This also explains why Wang So will be possessive later because she is the one who leads him and he might feel lost without her. Hae Soo makes him happy. He only started smiling after meeting her. Moreover, Wang So was so longing for being loved, he had been actually starving for a long time in which he never gave up to be loved finally. I can understand why he won't let her go because he is so emotional and as soon as he starts loving Hae Soo, his love will be so strong that he will never allow to get separated from her. All the love he was missing, he felt it from her since he is capable of such strong feelings.... 

• Like 22

Lee Joon Gi's eyes are so mesmerizing. The shape, the monolids. \^0^/ He looks the best in historical dramas. :wub:

Started watching Iljimae this week, he is great but the lead actress(also in W) is annoying holier than thou and has irritating way of speaking. I don't see any chemistry between the two. Was she praised for her acting when the drama was aired. I know now Koreans dislike her bcos of the scandal.

In Scholar who walked the night too, Yoo Bi didn't really match him. Jang hee jin looked better with him. 

• Like 9

scarlet+heart+character+descriptions.jpg

Have we seen this character description before? I hope not, I don't recall the general being mentioned as a friend of Wang So. Maybe the daughter has designs on him too like Yeon Hwa but hopefully she's not as vicious. It also shows Chae Ryongs interest in 9th Prince. Came across it looking for character information on Lady Hae - in order to find the story behind Hae Soo's family. No joy yet.

Great post @bebebisous33 good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Spoiler

Found this gorgeous pic of Hae Soo too. 

t5pCRu6.jpg

Spoiler

Scratch that. The generals daughter has no interest in Wang So, at least not romantically. Seems like she's enamored with 10th Prince.

CoyStFHVIAApFcO.jpg

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, gobsmack said:

Lee Joon Gi's eyes are so mesmerizing. The shape, the monolids. \^0^/ He looks the best in historical dramas. :wub:

Started watching Iljimae this week, he is great but the lead actress(also in W) is annoying holier than thou and has irritating way of speaking. I don't see any chemistry between the two. Was she praised for her acting when the drama was aired. I know now Koreans dislike her bcos of the scandal.

In Scholar who walked the night too, Yoo Bi didn't really match him. Jang hee jin looked better with him. 

You should try Time Between Dog & Wolf. That's a classic <3 I totally love him and Nam Sang Mi <3 

• Like 8

Hello, I'm a rookie in this thread. I watched the C-version 2 years ago but did not get to finish it because I was quite annoyed by the dubbed voices though the drama was really good. So, when I heard the news about BBJX would be remade into a K-drama, I was overjoyed and always waited for new stills, teasers, trailers, and interviews related to MLSHR. I already watched the first 5 episodes and I love it very much. I adore and love Wang So's character to pieces. Not only because I can fully relaate to his character, but LJK portrays the character so well that makes me adore the character more. His eyes tell more than words. His acting is seriously beyond amazing. This drama lures me back to Soompi after a longgg time not posting anything here nor being interested in any other dramas. This tells how good this drama is. About the ratings... I will not say that I don't care about it because I know the actors and crews will be affected by it. But it's too early to judge about the ratings. I hope it will go higher and higher as the story progresses and the romance between WS and HS unfolded. I can really relate to why HS later will fall in love with WS. Because WS gives all his hardships and scars to be shared with her. Which girl will not be happy if the man she loves can give his all to her? I had an experience like that so I can relate to this story really well. Love this drama so much. The cinematography is also beautiful although sometimes I'm quite annoyed by the zoom-ins. But they are still bearable to watch. About IU's acting. I will not comment about it because I still like her though and have not found anything annoying about it. She cries well, she also delivers chemistry with her costars well, especially with LJK. LJK's eyes, OMG, the way he stares at her. I don't know why the netizens are so sensitive about IU's acting. Maybe because her Idol-turned-actress status. 

By the way, is there anyone here who have the opening credits video of this drama? I want to see it so bad. I've always liked the opening videos of dramas.

• Like 18

21 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

So they did kept the same friendship for 13 and Hae Soo as the cversion for Ruoxi and 13th. In which they are drinking buddies and she taught him the okay sign. I'm looking forward to this friendship coming up and I'm thinking Seohyun character has interest in the 13th prince?

20 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

LvM2dCu.gif

I noticed this scene in the trailer and 4th outfit looks different than most is this after he became king? Hae Soo outfit looks like a commoner too hm.... What do you guys think?

• Like 14

Regarding the marriage between the princess of Queen 4 (YH in our drama) and Prince 4 (So), while most consider the royal intermarrying a policy Wang Geon proactively adopted in order to keep the power within the royal family, there is also an unofficial account that it was the princess' own idea.

Spoiler

She had a crush on her half-brother, so she lured him to her bedroom, got him drunk, spent the night together, and eventually persuaded her parents to let them be married. 

I personally don't think this is likely, seeing that other princes also intermarried with their half-sisters or nieces. In fact, Gwangjong's second wife is his niece (daughter of Moo, Hyejong). Basically, even after the current crown prince becomes king, he still feels insecure about his throne, and when people accuse Yo and So of plotting treason, he can't dare punish them, and instead gives one of his daughters to So as wife to appease him. 

• Like 14