[Drama 2015 - 2016] Remember – War of the Son 리멤버 – 아들의 전쟁

Seiran029

Because I find myself missing and craving for a drama with a powerful acting.  So I ended watching this again. Thank goodness for Yoo Seung Ho.

YSH....this young actor. I can see a Daesang for him in the future. Waiting for new drama! Want to see brilliance.

I remember posting something like.. he cried 1 buckets of tears here.  He is that good I even posted .....

On 12/13/2015 at 3:08 AM, jongski said:

YSH as JW. Brilliant! really subdued excellence!  this early, awards please!

I mentioned this last year when I did mini recap of ep 1 raw,  the scene below - my favorite and best opening scene in a drama (for me, anyway). It's dramatic and powerful. In less than 1 minute tears streamed down my face! Love!

20151210_1449715854_47821500_1_zpse4qfmx

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Berou Aww. Yoo Seung Ho  in hiatus.... well after coming home form his MS duties he did 2 dramas already and then a movie... so yeah he can rest. But I hope to see a drama in 2017.  another good well written drama. Yes an award please for him. That  powerful opening scene is enough to win an award! And if viewers haven't seen the drama, they will not understand why. 

Yup he's only 22.  I definitely agree he's going to be even more amazing. Among the crop of young stars  he and Yeo Jin Goo are the best. Excitedly waiting for next drama..and to @maryofbethany don't forget to tag me too if there's new one.

On 8/18/2016 at 3:17 AM, jongski said:

@Berou Aww. Yoo Seung Ho  in hiatus.... well after coming home form his MS duties he did 2 dramas already and then a movie... so yeah he can rest. But I hope to see a drama in 2017.  another good well written drama. Yes an award please for him. That  powerful opening scene is enough to win an award! And if viewers haven't seen the drama, they will not understand why. 

Yup he's only 22.  I definitely agree he's going to be even more amazing. Among the crop of young stars  he and Yeo Jin Goo are the best. Excitedly waiting for next drama..and to @maryofbethany don't forget to tag me too if there's new one.

@jongski @Berou AGREED. but this is a cruel world. at the beginning of the year, when this drama aired, it was received with high rating... but that high rating wasn't that 'great'  in comparison to the dramas that followed right after, ... namely Descendant of the Son slayed every dramas before and during and after it.... so SBS won't remember "Remember" ... and they are betting on the Big production  Saimdang, the Herstory to beat DotS. Since Saimdang is stated to aired in Oct, which may just end around the SBS award timing. i think they always give big award to secure Viewerships for those present dramas or just aired finished but earned victory one. to be a drama that smack in between 2 yrs, means during Dec of first year and end around Feb, has some disadvantage, as it can the more earn some Best Couple award, and Best Actor Award and Grand Award normally goes to highest rating performance. just like the diff stations try to raise up Producer or Yongpal... and gave the Grands to the Actors of both, ... just because these 2 dramas happened to be the most talked about and Popular Actor casted, Last year end 3 stations awards, i think Only Heal me Kill me is the Real Winner that Deserved all the awards.
which means, i think the most they will do is nominate Yoo for the Best Actor, but give Best Actor to some Popular dramas.... which is crap crap crap.... just see whether this come truth. i was in hiatus since Remember, until W-2Worlds come along... W is not from SBS, but from MBC., its a cruel world. this year will have all the dramas compared with Descendant otS. so Yoo's if to jump to TvN's new drama, is not from the Major 3 stations... oh, the latest offer is from TvN right? . last year Reply88 was from TvN. and i thingk TvN does have some good show. but again, whatever he acted in TvN, there is no Award show for TvN...
yet again, whether he bag one, those of us, knows he deserved, much more than those hunks in DotS or Reply.... etc.

Yeo Jin Goo? the boy really adored Yoo, called him "hyung" and wanted to act with him, you see, when an actor is really good. not only the same age girls wanted to act with him, but the same age actors also wanted to act with him. Kim So-hyun  was so shy in his presence when met him at 'Missing you" filming, and Kim Yoojung literally chose him to be someone she wanted to act with, they are really his "ex-colleagues" during his early years.

@maryofbethany Since I'm in international viewer, I don't know how awards work for the most part in Korean Entertainment Industry. But isn't there a  Golden Globe type or something  like  an Emmy   kinda of awards in k-ent industry? I mean It seems like from what I understand, every network will give out awards.. so in effect, the actors are just competing with others from same network?   Awards should be given to those who truly deserves them.

Yup he's considering  according to news report it's historical drama from SBS 2017 date.

Anyway. I like  this drama Remember: War of the Son. And if we're to base on acting skills alone and  story,l pull and switch of emotions to the viewers, sadness, then there's psycho suspect  deserves recognition as well. YSH acting.. he cried much in this drama.  And I cried with him.

4 hours ago, Berou said:

@jongski  the equivalent of the emmys are the korea drama awards. There are also the seoul international drama awards ( films and dramas from all over the worlds are competing against each other), the baeksang art awards.  but still the most popular dramas get the prizes.

KOREA DRAMA AWARDS WINNERS

Grand Prize (Daesang)Edit

No. Year Recipient Drama
1 2007 Kim Hee-ae My Husband's Woman
Yoo Dong-geun Yeon Gaesomun
2 2008 Kim Myung-min Beethoven Virus
3 2010 N/A N/A
4 2011 N/A Secret Garden
5 2012 Kim Nam-joo My Husband Got a Family
6 2013 Lee Bo-young I Can Hear Your Voice, My Daughter Seo-young
7 2014 Kim Soo-hyun My Love from the Star
8 2015 Kim Soo-hyun The Producers

Best DramaEdit

No. Year Drama Network
1 2007 Jumong MBC
2 2008 Mom's Dead Upset KBS2
3 2010 The Slave Hunters KBS2
4 2011 N/A N/A
5 2012 My Husband Got a Family KBS2
6 2013 My Daughter Seo-young KBS2
7 2014 My Love from the Star SBS
8 2015 Misaeng tvN

Top Excellence Award, ActorEdit

@Berou last Fri exam last Paper how? i did prayed for you. but didn't leave any words for you, haha. worry you tempted to share something then distracted from your paper prep.

@jongski about this yr Daesang, its madness again, and Descendant virus will swept major awards. plus the up coming very "IN" Saimdong herstory, acted by the returning Lee YoungAe..
while i agreed Misaeng is One of a Kind and well deserved. the rest i will beg to differ, my opinion. worry there might be fans of some of these shows, so i don't want to say much..... My Love form the Star has got me crazy during it airing period, but after that was nothing much.... so is Lee Jongsuk's Piniocho... (LJS was much better in I Can Hear you.) if Remember got alittle nob at being nominated, i am so happy, will be tail wagging.  But i dare not wish they give Yoo some Best Actor over all these very HOT IN thing... like Descendant and Reply88,,,,etc,, you will find thunder lighting brimstone casting from fans upon anyone robbing their Fav Actor's off the Grands.

i just want a little nomination will do.
this 2 years has been sheer madness in the way some major shows stirred madness.... from My Love from the Star to Reply88 to Descendant .... when China Fans come in, the feverish just went up....
Lee Junki;s Scarlet Heart will be another Madness... trust me. so with all these, i dont dare to think much.

@jongski @Berou 
not hiding from you two, that i am mersmerized by the chemistry that W-couple has right now, the on-screen and off-screen, chemistry is deep and 'looked' genuine enough to tempt you to ship couple. so far i have only ship Ji Changwook and Park minyoung (since Healer aired, now a little discouraged over their 'no-news"), then i didn't ship Yoo with anyone, though i am 100% devoted to the Couple in Remember, Seo Jin-woo and Lee In-ah, i won't be delulu to ship Yoo and PMY. ahha. but i really like the couple in W.
now, i really hope Yoo has his moments, so far while i loved his delicate moments of feels and emotions in dramas, i has not felt his total devoted into a believable Couple-shipping screen relationship yet. Not with Warrior Bae DS, nor with his Missing you.... i loved his feels in Remember, Jin-woo and In-ah grind my hearts to cry more than 13 times while i rewatch the last few eps more than 13 times... but something is still missing when you want to pair him into any real couple. maybe some of you can, with him and Park Eun-bin, or Go Ara... but i think he has no climax his affection-feels yet with any one, till you want to ship him hard with anyone in real. really really really hope some genus can find a good female lead for him, to generate that effect of Descendant of the Son, and this W. He has the capacity, just need the right person. like Lee Jongsuk found his with HHJ. (wow, i loved HHJ like crazy now. )

a correction to my recent post: Upcoming SBS sageuk drama Saimdang, the Herstory will aired at Oct. 
seems like SBS purposefully aired it to hit the SBS award dateline. which means This drama will be 100% pre-produced, with a run of 30 episodes. By SBS Award cometh, the drama is midst of the Hot-running.. .and,
which means it will garner lots of Award. all the station is like this, while SBS's Daesang goes to My Love from the Star (2014) and Yongpal in (2015). it is almost 99.9% sure it will be the year of Saimdang, Herstory for SBS's Daesang and major awards.
my bad, that i stated Remember has no competition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_Drama_Awards

as for The Korea Drama Awards, it also tilted to one sided, see, its always the most popular one, with high rating one that won it all... come'on, i have no doubts about Kim Soo-hyun acting, but, seriously? Producer?  if Yoo Seungho's Remember has a nomination nob, i am more than pleased already. it afterall, a "high rating won it all' world, and the China-market move the wind-direction pretty much. am a little disappointed that Saimdong is at SBS.

Grand Prize (Daesang)

No. Year Recipient Drama
1 2007 Kim Hee-ae My Husband's Woman
Yoo Dong-geun Yeon Gaesomun
2 2008 Kim Myung-min Beethoven Virus
3 2010 N/A N/A
4 2011 N/A Secret Garden
5 2012 Kim Nam-joo My Husband Got a Family
6 2013 Lee Bo-young I Can Hear Your Voice, My Daughter Seo-young
7 2014 Kim Soo-hyun My Love from the Star
8 2015 Kim Soo-hyun The Producers

Best Drama

No. Year Drama Network
1 2007 Jumong MBC
2 2008 Mom's Dead Upset KBS2
3 2010 The Slave Hunters KBS2
4 2011 N/A N/A
5 2012 My Husband Got a Family KBS2
6 2013 My Daughter Seo-young KBS2
7 2014 My Love from the Star SBS
8 2015 Misaeng

tvN

• 1 month later...

Song Joong Ki, Park Shin Hye, Kim Rae Won, And More Nominated For The 2016 Korea Drama Awards
201610061449778706_57f5e705d279d_99_20161006145506.jpg?type=w540

Here, Korea Drama Awards' link
jun2yng October 6, 2016

October 6, the 2016 Korea Drama Awards revealed the 11 categories for the award ceremony as well as the nominated actors and shows.

Here are the nominees:

Grand Excellence Award (Daesang):

Song Joong Ki — “Descendants of the Sun

Kim So Yeon — “Happy Home”

Kim Rae Won — “Doctors

Park Shin Yang — “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho”

Best Actor, Top Excellence Award:

Jang Hyun Sung — “Doctors”

Ahn Jae Hyun — “Cinderella and Four Knights”

Yoo Seung Ho — “Remember”

So Ji Sub Oh My Venus

Best Actress, Top Excellence Award:

Park Shin Hye — “Doctors”

Baek Jin Hee — “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol

Kim Hyun Joo — “I Have a Lover

Seo Hyun Jin — “Another Oh Hae Young

Best Drama:

KBS2’s “Descendants of the Sun”

SBS’s “Six Flying Dragons

SBS’s “Doctors”

tvN’s “Signal

Best Drama Writer:

No Hee Kyung — “Dear My Friends”

Kim Eun Hee — “Signal”

Kim Eun Sook — “Descendants of the Sun”

Kim Tae Hee — “Beautiful Mind

In addition to the above categories, there are the excellence awards, a rookie award, an OST award, and more.

The 2016 Korea Drama Awards will be held on October 7. Especially of note for the night is whether or not Song Joong Ki will bag yet another grand excellence award, following his win at the 2016 APAN Star Awards for “Descendants of the Sun.” See the full list of winners for this year’s APAN Star Awards here.

source: naver tv

Remember – War of the Son (리멤버 – 아들의 전쟁) Promotional poster.jpg
pls note; Yoo Seung Ho — “Remember” (Top Excellence Award).
do pray for him.

56190dbe39d8af9ade0c55b5d13a2d4c7fcb7068_hq.jpg

Damn. Seriously SJK for Daesang in DoTS? and KRW (Ugh role in Doctors???) who the hell chooses which actors should be nominated and win?!

YSH is way way way damn better with his role in  Remember: War of the Son!

That powerful first scene of YSH is enough to win him Top Excellence Award!  I say that with conviction!

If viewers knetz  haven't watched or seen that. I feel sorry for them!!!

On 10/8/2016 at 0:42 AM, jongski said:

Damn. Seriously SJK for Daesang in DoTS? and KRW (Ugh role in Doctors???) who the hell chooses which actors should be nominated and win?!

YSH is way way way damn better with his role in  Remember: War of the Son!

That powerful first scene of YSH is enough to win him Top Excellence Award!  I say that with conviction!

If viewers knetz  haven't watched or seen that. I feel sorry for them!!!

@jongski now let's hope Yoo win something he long deserved at the new Ruler, Master of the Mask. he has tons of "Best Young Actor" awards, and "Best New Actor" award.... its time he get his "Best Actor, Top Excellence Award".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right now am watching OK channel. now. those of you who has cable TV, OK channel. turned now, to watch 2016 APAN STAR AWARD. 

Best actor/actress in a miniseries (excellence award):

Namgoong Min – SBS’s “Remember

Seo Hyun Jin – tvN’s “Another Oh Hae Young

tune in right now.

Minyoung role in Remember is sort of being ignored. guess DotS really overshadowed everyone. and now, Little Mermaid splashing around, guess end of the year awards will be either DotS's Captain and his Doc win or Mermaid and her Con-man win... the others just have to wait for future years. But nevermind, PMY wins in our heart.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 6:10 AM, Berou said:

so it is now 100% sure  he'll be attending the SBS awards

@maryofbethany @jongski @akausagi  @paperboat04 @ferily @_gray_ @miye0n   @ilwoo_aein @pinkyorchid @chelleshawol @Deerprincessxoxo @Zaileigh @elena123 @ricenamja @irilight @hibiscus23 @Go Seung Ji @valsava

did i forget someone? 

OMG THATS GOOD NEWS! Thank you for the mention @Berou :)

20 minutes ago, Berou said:

be here to swoon with us on the 31st  :blush:. since 2010, YSH hasn't attended any award ceremony.  for the first time in 6 years, he will go to MBC and SBS, like killing two birds with a stone. this fact alone need to be celebrated. we'll recap here on the 31st ( SBS awards) and on the 30th the recap will be done on the master thread.

Yes! I'll be jumping in here (and ML and shippers' thread) on the 31st. YSH is also invited on MBC Drama Awards right? Alongside with Kim So Hyun?

3 hours ago, Berou said:

@chelleshawol yes they are both invited to present an award at the MBC awards ( to promote ruler). 

@Berou and everyone else. so far 2016 MBC Drama Awards (LIVE)
MBC will be aired on OK!K channel, for those who stay in Asia, try to subscribe just for few months, then unsubscribe later on.
i have this Oh!K channel, so i am likely to do live here, it just that so far i am yet to learn how to post gif or pic from a LIVE stream site, since i couldnt find the Steaming Site for MBC.

it is at Fri, 30 Dec, OH!K channel LIVE.

14 minutes ago, Berou said:

thanks but  unfortunately i don't live in Asia :(

nvm, i'll find a way to watch through PC

@Berou

i post the link already at Ruler and YSH site. for MBC's.
1. http://tv.itver.cc/kr-mbc/
2. http://tv.idol001.com/idoltv-mbc.html
3. http://vodmall.imbc.com/player/onair.aspx 

https://www.nowkpop.com/2016/12/23/2016-mbc-drama-awards-live-stream/

@chelleshawol wave to u. do drop by that day.

DEAR SBS CEO... Directors.. Producers
for goodness sake. please do not blow rating pressures, and give awards only to those actors with lots of fans, or dramas that garner high ratings... don't keep churning out heaps of awards only to the those top show like Doctors or Sacred Heart, Legend of Blue Sea, while these shows do brought in High rating and have good actors, and deserved some awards and we will be glad that those drama win their deserved awards.
but, please do remmeber the excellence Actors / actresses in Remember also.  do NOT just give tons and tons of awards to just a few top shows only. neglecting the rest not so high rating show.

11 hours ago, Berou said:

@maryofbethany thank you !  but wouldn't be better to recap the mbc live on the ruler thread. otherwise we have to juggle between 2 threads. 

i've found this beautiful pic on YSH DC

the only way  i've found to post pics from your pc is to first upload them on tumblr ( to get an url) and then copy&paste the url here. :(

i'll try to take some screen shots, then upload them like this

@Berou so how, recap on Ruler thread or YSH own thread? confirmed on Ruler's thread right? i guess so, because it is both YSH and KSH attending, while YSH own thread is just himself only? so confirm, we park ourselves at Ruler thread right?

what i mean is, those people who is desperate for a streaming link can try look into W-Two Worlds thread , since some of them are very super over there, very resourceful. they may just come up with a streaming link last min, who know?

so, folks, for MBC Award, want live recap go , Ruler: master of the mask- thread, where YSH's new drama under MBC belt is:

during SBS award show, then we come back here to Remember to watch recap? if anyone doing. i see whether i can, no confirm whether my own internet access work.
so MBC award, go to Ruler thread.
SBS award, come here to Remember thread,
am i wrong, anyone correct me.

16 hours ago, Berou said:

@maryofbethany thank you !  but wouldn't be better to recap the mbc live on the ruler thread. otherwise we have to juggle between 2 threads. 

i've found this beautiful pic on YSH DC

the only way  i've found to post pics from your pc is to first upload them on tumblr ( to get an url) and then copy&paste the url here. :(

i'll try to take some screen shots, then upload them like this

@Berou sorry, haha.i am quite lousy in IT dpt, you see, my area of work is very "spiritual" and the IT is well taken care by others and we are supposed not to touch PC or TV stuffs much, who can teach me about download shots from drama... hahaha.

so i am like no one to ask for worldly stuff.. hahah.
okay you mean to say, i screenshot from PC into what? jpg? (i don't do my worldly enjoyment from Mobile, screen too small.) then upload on tumblr, then from tumblr paste down.
woah... so many steps... i goes panicky how. hahah. will try.

Archived