[Drama 2015 - 2016] Remember – War of the Son 리멤버 – 아들의 전쟁

Seiran029

On 3/22/2016 at 4:18 AM, Berou Lalou said:

i've found another beautiful FMV :), the song goes well with the theme of the drama.  it is the best one so far....

@ahmadkamil92 long time no see ! as you can see everybody is gone... :(

Berou Lalou. do you know what happened?
your MV just made me cried again. Not exactly non-stop like that first week after ep20... but the whole heart wrenching feels returns, drift to that weekend where i went thru about 10 diff Eng sub sites to watch ep 20 last 15 min to find any 'viki-similiar subtitles', and watch at least 4 times the whole ep20 thru cable TV repeats....  watching your MV, has the same feels returned, very helpless with his plight... i went back to watch the one that i posted at first page,.. and just wouldn't take it any more.
Yoo has this abilities to separate Seo Jinwoo from the usual himself, create someone diff from him. After 'Remember', when i watch and read all his stuffs, i grew to distance Seo Jinwoo away from him,.. the more i missed Seo Jinwoo so much, so badly, so painfully... You won't have the illusion of trying to see Seo Jinwoo in Yoo Seungho.
Irony that in the beginning i rejected watching Remember, because i ship Changwook with Minyoung... but minyoung has this ability too, to separate herself from Inah... that you felt she just morph herself to another level with Inah, proven that Chae Youngshin is not her only one night only's 'Night-blooming cereus', that she has deliver a more heart wrenching Inah after Youngshin.  But once i hop in by about ep 3 or 4, i was besotted instantly by the individually characters of Jinwoo and Inah... not so much of mesmerized by the OTP romantic swoonful feels in other dramas, but by the 2 Leads as themselves. what is beautiful is they start of as friends and later colleague, somewhere along ep 6 then you see both of them vaguely hinted as starting to feel different for each other.

while i definitely won't ship Yoo Seungho and Park Minyoung in real person, but i am ardently given in to Seo Jinwoo and his InAh... i wouldn't say the YSH and PMY have the best chemistry, in fact i say that YSH and PMY has been written scenes with so little flirting, wooing, courting, skinship, physical arousal and attractions. Writer didn't develop the obvious interaction like what Healer or Descendent did with their Leads, with very little Voice Over, OST playing while Leads thinking, or moments where you peep into their thoughts as leads think in their bedroom sleeping writting..  the Writer just refused to shown any of these moments with ALL THE CHARACTERS in the show, not just jinwoo and inah, but everyone, so its not that Jinwoo or Inah no chemistry or no prove of any inner feels... but no one was shown any feels even when there is a very strong intense one, namely how Inah felt towards him, and how he felt later towards her... nothing was shown, guess this is the signature/direction of Writer? Which mean its supposed to be a relationship that Jinwoo suppressed all along, resisted to focus single minded on his father's case. Just like he told ahjummah Yeon that since she is the only one who trusted him, she is that precious, he won't want to hurt her, as he was escaping and suppressing his relationship while hiding behind the 'urgent needs' to finish off NGM.. No, infact Minyoung has the best physical and emotional sync with CW, infront or behind screen.... (Yoo will find his one day.)
but YSH and PMY though  written with so little skinship and cheesy lines, and yet they can delivered convincing swooning moment in those very sparingly few Couple moments in good taste. Remembering heart swooning first 'skinship" when InAh confessed her heart after drunk and been carried by JW,  remembering heart-warming scene (Inah watched a tired jinwoo fall asleep beside her)... remembering heart racing scenes (mouth covering close proximity), remembering heart breaking scenes (jinwoo confessed to his sickness and seek solace with inah's hug)... the only heart rewarding moment (the only kiss of "i will be your memory" covenant.)... the final scene is Cardiac massage/Resuscitation by leaving JW with the saving grace of remembering IA by that notes .... so little skinship, so little cheesy Best memorable lines, so little display of each thinking about each other (unlike MY's interraction with JCW in Healer), so little confession of i love you, in fact there is none at all of the magical 'salanghae'... But this jinwoo and inah is truly of another league altogether in their selflessness and not possessive character, i on their own, thought without written more scene, develop their own characters painstakingly well and heart broken to watch...

your MV highlighted something very precious not really found in many MV (many MV has many scenes but not this), your MV has what Jinwoo speak into the farewell clips "You showed me with your heart, .. and your proved it with your eyes... i'm sure the pieces of my memory that i lost are with you, those memories please cherish them forever, (then shown the exact scene where he wrote the note on the tre..) even if all my memories disappear i will forever remember you... then it shown them walking peacefully down Edelweiss Theme park road.. many MV has many things, but not everything and the whole list of scene that i look for, and definitely not the whole list of things i wanted: Drunken IA confession, Hug scene comforting conversation, Pre-Kiss confession,  farewell clip, edelweiss Ending Tree notes, writing notes, and that Ring.... to find one with all the conversation, esp the whole set of Edelweiss conversation is not easy.

SJW and LIA, undoubtedly, after one month passed, remain my all time in history, "Most Heart Imprinted On screen Couple", as their own character individually awesome, both PMY and SJW delivered their emotional scenes tremendously sincere.

i better stop writing... else it just will never ends.
oh, don't reply Berou Lalou... don't waste your time. i don't even expect you to read fast. that's why i didn't highlight your name to prompt you there's a post. just concentrate on your studies.  my studies days over, i have lots of spare time to cry and post in the night... hahaha. so you also don't find for me the MV, yours is very good.

(this post was written by a very sleepy worn out mary for Berou Lalou only.)
the disclaimer sound familiar? hahaha. a very nice recapper friend always posted using that signature sign off at her recap site.    

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I has been wandering around this topic from day 1 until now, but this is the first time I sign up to post a comment. This drama is just amazing with its storyline and great acting from all the cast. I had a heart attack knowing that Jin Woo couldn't remember anyone including In Ah at first, but I lately realized it's a bless from writer-nim to create a better life for Jin Woo.

I am so in love with Woo - Ah couple that I sacrificed my lunchtime at work in about 2 weeks to make a fanvid, which I want to share as below. Hope you guys like it!

"... It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8:34)  Blessed Easter to all Woo-Ah fans.
@vanptc its never too late to join any forum, there are always some that lurk silently around, yourself is a proven pleasure to us who has been posting "nonsense" from beginning, that it please us to know people stil remember our Woo-an couple.
thanks for your fanVid. awesome that you sacrifice time to credit. too bad my region cannot view it. nontheless i will sound off the fans that migrate to Yoo Seungho thread that you post it here, likely they can view.

58 minutes ago, msdizzydolores said:

Ugggghh I absolutely feel in love with this drama.  Too bad it expires on Hulu Thursday.  So off to watch it again on DF.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for shows to come out on DVD?

This will be the second show I definitely own.  I only own one other (Forbidden Love), and that's because of JunJin from Shinhwa.

6 hours ago, msdizzydolores said:

Ugggghh I absolutely feel in love with this drama.  Too bad it expires on Hulu Thursday.  So off to watch it again on DF.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for shows to come out on DVD?

This will be the second show I definitely own.  I only own one other (Forbidden Love), and that's because of JunJin from Shinhwa.

@msdizzydolores

Hi.welcome to the thread. ( Do ignore the last post, I copied and suppose to paste it somewhere and it just couldnt be deleted. )

Regarding sales of DVD.. Some times it take more than a year for some show. am Not expert in predict time frame, but take example my fav Healer only came out more than a year. 'Hello monster' another one I like is over 6 months still not out. Suggest you order from Yesasia. But they don't have those Eng Sub. 

Now because of Remember, I also become finally a Yoopies (depict someone who adore Yoo Seung ho). I loved the OTP in the drama Jinwoo and his Inah , still one month after it ended airing. Just count me weird that I cannot attach to DotS, even though all my noonas friend all loved it. 

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/nam-goong-min-channels-his-villainous-side-on-happy-together-3/

031016_namgoong-min_01.jpg
Nam Goong Min’s manager’s recording was then played and it said, "It wasn't that he was simply playing Nam Kyu Man; he was Nam Kyu Man. He always looks at my back with those Nam Kyu Man eyes."

2016 is a year for Park Bo Gum, Nam Goongmin, and of cause Song Joong-ki .

”Are you my new lawyer? I can’t remember,... I have a feeling that you have been very good to me.”
 “this is .... I think I have seen this some where.  Just a few second after viewing the necklace, his memories returned.... “Jinwoo-ah, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I didn’t recognised my own son....”
Finally he furthered remembered that “I have ... Done this before, right? ... You told me you became a lawyer and shown me your pin last time... ”  Since started to rewatch the whole show again, we all know then this will be how Jin woo will become, as his dad was a shadow of himself.  Thus his heightened overwhelming agonies as dad’s deteriorated right before his eyes each time he visited, all will be a shadow of how Lee In ah will goes thru for him, all his desperation, helplessness and agonies.... will become Inah’s very own desperation, helplessness, and agonies. 
Just like his dad, even after he lost his memories, he can still feel and not forget the feelings someone once makes him felt. Means he may forget the profiles or events or words or face regarding someone dear, but he will never forget the feelings or love he ever felt, feelings of joy, hope and needs and trust in someone he loved so dearly. Knowledge may be lost, but feelings won’t. 

Then he will proceed to start recognized objects, just like dad remembered the necklaces which in itself is a strong memories key. The necklace which stirred up dad’s memories, will now play an important part in bringing his own memories back.. Hinting thru this necklace, InAh will bring him back. Benefited from the power of the necklace once, he actually give it to inah, hoping she wil use it to bring him back, knowing and trusting and desiring that she will make him remember her, his most precious memories, her name, her face, her love? 
When he finally remembered his loved ones’ identity and events, like dad remembered Jinwoo is his son. The identified of the person of his loved one, namely InAh’s identity will recalled, just like dad remembered that he did remembered and recognized his son many times, asking “i have done this before right...?” he will proceed to remember more. By having the most beloved one with  him, may just be the right key to unlock the door to his memories.  Even if he were to lost it again the next day , just like dad, he will remembers again, just like dad... “i have, done this before.” Thus what happened? Dad started to write letter to jinwoo, when his memories returns those days.. So will jinwoo occasionally remembers clearly who Inah is. Dad’s letter was written in perfect remembrance state.

That is the key thing in the whole drama, when you have the direct evidence of what post-ep20 will be like, and the stage of JW’s Alz will deteriorate till how his dad was.  That’s the few meetings between dad and him was, JW swallowed back the tears and didn’t cry. One FIRST thing to remember, is the feelings onced stirred up, then remembered the special objects that, finally remember the identity of the loved-one, the clearer picture of how much he loved and was been loved. At least thru this scene, we are sure that the Writer’s genesis thoughts of the “post-ep20 scenario” should be like how his dad remembered jinwoo, that jinwoo himself will remembers Inah.

(am very slow while rewatching the whole Remember again. maybe i jsut don't want to end it, ep 5 used to be my least favourite ep, because of very little screen times of OTP. then rewatch it, takes on new meaning.  to show hints of how Writernim would like the story of post ep 20 ends, means how will jinwoo and inah continues on from ep 21, was shown by how things gotten in ep5 , by how dad remembers jinwoo afterall.)

• 3 weeks later...

Yoo Ah-in vs Song Joong-ki, Baeksang Arts Awards unveils list of nominees

2016/05/02

The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards has unveiled a list of their nominees. The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards will be held at 8:30 PM on May 3rd at the Kyung Hee Grand Peace Palace in Seoul.

The nominees for TV dramas include SBS' 'Six Flying Dragons', MBC's "She Was Pretty", KBS 2TV's 'Descendants of the Sun' and tvN's 'Answer Me 1988' and "Signal".

The competition for acting performance awards will be also intense. For Best Actors Awards, 'Six Flying Dragons' Yoo Ah-in, 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Joong-ki, "Remember" Namgoong Min', "Yong Pal" Joo Won and "Signal" Jo Jin-woong have been nominated.

The nominees list for Best Actress awards also looks prominent. 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Hye-kyo, "She Was Pretty" Hwang Jeong-eum, "Signal" Kim Hye-soo, 'Answer Me 1988' Ra Mi-ran, "I Have a Lover" Kim Hyeon-joo have been nominated.

The list of nominees in film section is also drawing attention. For Best Actors, 'Inside Man' Lee Byung-hun, 'Inside Man' Baek Yoon-sik, "The Throne" Yoo Ah-in, "The Throne" Song Gang-ho, "Veteran" Hwang Jeong-min have been included in the list of nominees.

For Best Actress in film section, "Coin Locker Girl" Kim Hye-soo, 'Alice In Earnestland' Lee Jeong-hyeon, "The Shameless" Jeon Do-yeon, "The Assassination" Jeon Ji-hyeon, and "Beauty Inside" Han Hyo-joo compete with each other.

A special corner has been prepared as well. Best Film General View (and conversation with the audience) event has been introduced to the award for the first time this year. "4th Place", 'Inside Man', "DongJu, The Portrait of A Poet", "Veteran" and 'The Assaissnation' will participated in this special event.

General View films will be shown in MegaBox Samsung-dong starting May 9 to May 20th. And then the conversation with the audience, producers and directors will take place later.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2016 at 4:31 PM, badsmuler said:

Yoo Ah-in vs Song Joong-ki, Baeksang Arts Awards unveils list of nominees

2016/05/02

The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards has unveiled a list of their nominees. The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards will be held at 8:30 PM on May 3rd at the Kyung Hee Grand Peace Palace in Seoul.

The nominees for TV dramas include SBS' 'Six Flying Dragons', MBC's "She Was Pretty", KBS 2TV's 'Descendants of the Sun' and tvN's 'Answer Me 1988' and "Signal".

The competition for acting performance awards will be also intense. For Best Actors Awards, 'Six Flying Dragons' Yoo Ah-in, 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Joong-ki, "Remember" Namgoong Min', "Yong Pal" Joo Won and "Signal" Jo Jin-woong have been nominated.

The nominees list for Best Actress awards also looks prominent. 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Hye-kyo, "She Was Pretty" Hwang Jeong-eum, "Signal" Kim Hye-soo, 'Answer Me 1988' Ra Mi-ran, "I Have a Lover" Kim Hyeon-joo have been nominated.

The list of nominees in film section is also drawing attention. For Best Actors, 'Inside Man' Lee Byung-hun, 'Inside Man' Baek Yoon-sik, "The Throne" Yoo Ah-in, "The Throne" Song Gang-ho, "Veteran" Hwang Jeong-min have been included in the list of nominees.

For Best Actress in film section, "Coin Locker Girl" Kim Hye-soo, 'Alice In Earnestland' Lee Jeong-hyeon, "The Shameless" Jeon Do-yeon, "The Assassination" Jeon Ji-hyeon, and "Beauty Inside" Han Hyo-joo compete with each other.

A special corner has been prepared as well. Best Film General View (and conversation with the audience) event has been introduced to the award for the first time this year. "4th Place", 'Inside Man', "DongJu, The Portrait of A Poet", "Veteran" and 'The Assaissnation' will participated in this special event.

General View films will be shown in MegaBox Samsung-dong starting May 9 to May 20th. And then the conversation with the audience, producers and directors will take place later.

That's awesome how Namgoong min is nominated for Best Actor award :) I really hope Yoo Seung Ho gets nominated and wins an award too because he did an awesome job in Remember!

• 3 weeks later...

mmmm..... so missed Jin-woo and In-ah.
gotten (received) my DVD set of Remember, ordered from some Australia co, not YesAsia.

now, i am drifted everywhere for air... back to my Avengers (old-time-bias)... will see you girls during SBS Award, hope Remember wins something.

On 6/15/2016 at 1:28 PM, ferily said:

That's awesome how Namgoong min is nominated for Best Actor award :) I really hope Yoo Seung Ho gets nominated and wins an award too because he did an awesome job in Remember!

that's the thing, that make me saddened. Yoo is so worthy. okay, am quite moody. will chat when i feel better. hope SBS award, they better laud him.

On 7/4/2016 at 6:26 PM, JoonB said:

PDs Pick The Best Dramas Of The First Half Of 2016

signal-remember-oh-hae-young-again-desce

Recently 10 producers came together to choose the best dramas that aired in the first half of 2016. The PDs come from both cable (tvN) and public broadcasters and are third-party producers, meaning that none of them were involved in the dramas that were chosen.

Skipped unrelated....

"Remember”

remember

The SBS drama was one of Yoo Seung Ho’s many projects released in the couple years following his military enlistment and arguably the most popular. Yoo Seung Ho played a lawyer with an intensely high-fidelity memory who seeks justice for his father.

What was your favorite drama of 2016 so far?

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/02/pds-pick-best-dramas-first-half-2016/

@JoonB nice to meet you here, thanks so so so much for this update. guess its my first time meeting you here, most of us, the Yoo Seung ho fans have migrated to Yoo seung ho own forum site. i was moody of late regarding Remember , glad i came back here. and saw this. i did go back my old idol pre healer, pre Remember era, where i ship the Hollywood supers and heros couples..
but somewhat i placed Remember Seo Jinwoo and Lee Inah in some part of me, very important, this screen couple, imprinted in me so severly taht any anti comments or news , just ruffled me up, during Remember airing periods and even now. i know many moved on.. i didnt . i ordered the DVD of remember, it came, but few days ago when i finally got few days to a week to watch, i found it was subtitled Thai... actually ordered from Australia. not Korea...
actually am so glad, that after a long period, there are still crews or producers that placed Remember so important up thre,
i loved remember so so so deary. while i don't ship park min young and yoo seung ho, i guarded the on screen couple like dear life, argumentatively one of my Best 3 on screen couple, beside Healer OTP, marvel Buckynat. i count Jinwoo and Inah as one of my favourite.  i will locked in SBS award year end to subtitile LIVE the award here, NOT Yoo Seung Ho site, but here, praying that this Remember will bag some awards home for the actor actress, both make me cried more than 13 times as i rewatched the whole last 2 eps more than 13 times, of cause now i stop crying. but i still get upset painfully when receive bad report of them. jsut like during the airing, when i argue or spar comments with some at this site.
i am that upset, til i cant sleep. right now at nearly 3am mid night. i missed jinwoo and inah dearly.

thanks Soompi, for acknowledged the Show. thanks, JoonB , for sharing. God Bless.

for Seo Jin-woo and Lee In-ah
“Even if all my memories disappear for all eternity, I am going to remember you.”
“Your heartfelt wish to stay by me, you have shown it with your heart,  and  proved it with your eyes.”
“Even if all my memories disappear for all eternity, I am going to remember you.” - (Seo Jinwoo)

“you’re a special person, you’re just different from everyone else. Being ill is a part of you. Jinwoo, you’re just you.  I’ll help you, if there’s anything you can’t remember, I’ll recall them for you. I’ll stay by your side.”—(Lee InAh)

Archived