[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

Thank you @Mico Ricco for the pictorial essay of Lee Yoo-Joon! He seems to be overlooked in our gushing but his character is solid and important to the feel of the story, especially the human feel. It's almost like we are him, following along quietly doing our job examining the evidence of the drama.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ginaaaa said:

Thank you @Mico Ricco for the pictorial essay of Lee Yoo-Joon! He seems to be overlooked in our gushing but his character is solid and important to the feel of the story, especially the human feel. It's almost like we are him, following along quietly doing our job examining the evidence of the drama.

Lee Yoo-Joon played a very low key profile in this drama. 

For this drama he is more suited to be in the autopsy room examining every human skeleton which got brought in.

l hope to catch him in future exciting dramas.

6 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Not sure if anyone can suggest similar crime thriller series like Signal to kill time, Ive watched sign, ghost, 3 days, vampire prosecutor, ten (dropped), god quiz (only 2 seasons), hit (dropped)... 

@Lawyerh

Have you seen " " Cruel City" or you can find it in some sites as "Heartless City" ?

It's not exactly similar with Signal , but deals with corrupt police officers , undercover cops and underworld.

Cruel City was my No 1 drama since I start my career as a Kdrama addicted,  lol  , but after Misaeng both are on my top place.

" Bad guys " has good reviews also but I have not seen it yet .Maybe another chingu from this thread who watch it can give you more info.

2 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

@Lawyerh

" Bad guys " has good reviews also but I have not seen it yet .Maybe another chingu from this thread who watch it can give you more info.

Bad Guys is definitely among the top of the list as well... violent, gritty and dark, but oh so good. Thank you for reminding me @kiklaminHo... I have it listed on my siggie, but totally slipped my mind :P 

3 hours ago, xiennora said:

The netizens' comments:

Reveal hidden contents

Osen - Naver: 'Signal', Kim Hye Soo and Lee Je Hoon, please save Joo Jin Woong 
1. [+3,187, -27] The moment Cha Soo Hyun blurted "No..." when she discovered the skeleton, it means that she hasn't once forgotten Lee Jae Han and that she continued to search for him. But my heart hurts that she was hoping that the body didn't belong to him, that he's still aliveㅠㅠ

2. [+2,406, -23] How does it feel to discover the skeleton of someone you love ㅠㅠㅠ I was bawling at the last part. Please save Lee Jae Han and have a happy ending!!

3. [+2,253, -26] The drama puts most movies to shame

4. [+1,721, -21] That's so sad. Can't wait for next week...

5. [+469, -4] I want a happy ending, I don't mind how tacky it may be ㅠ It was so sad when Cha Soo Hyun said "no" upon discovering Lee Jae Han's skeleton

6. [+410, -3] I'm so proud that a drama of this caliber is airing in Korea

Osen - Naver: 'Signal', Kim Hye Soo and Lee Je Hoon unearth Jo Jin Woong's body
1. [+15,175, -78] I kept getting angry while watching...

2. [+10,472, -76] Woah. Jo Jin Woong hyung, no ㅠ

3. [+9,138, -63] I'm crying .....

4. [+7,382, -62] This drama is so good...

5. [+6,683, -87] I'm totally addicted!!!

6. [+5,161, -27] Today's episode was inspired by the Miryang gang rape case that happened 12 years ago. At that time, dozens raped a middle school female student and it was filmed on video. The victim's face was accidentally exposed and in turn, she wasn't protected during the investigation. She then transferred to another school to run away from it all but the perpetrators' parents went to find her to reach an agreement. The victim's alcoholic father agreed on just fifty million won settlement. Those bastards went around boasting about the incident as if they were heroes and continued to live comfortably like it didn't happen, they're worst than garbage. I hope this drama exposes that hideous past to everyone

7. [+3,644, -26] Does a person like Lee Jae Han exist in our society??

8. [+3,440, -32] What's the reason why the Miryang rape case wasn't reopened? Why weren't those rapists arrested?

9. [+3,077, -21] Someone posted a comment about the Miryang case on Facebook which was directed  towards one of the rapists who then replied "I know. So what?". It just goes to show that those monsters are living fine without any sense of guilt.  And the policewoman who supported those rapists was promoted a year after the incident causing people to bombard the Uiryeong police site with complaints.You can see the faces of the rapists if you do a quick Google search about the Miryang rape case

10. [+2,795, -24] I hope Lee Jae Han comes back alive and replace Jang Hyun Sung as the Investigation chief

11. [+2,146, -14] I was crying when Lee Jae Han says in the preview "I hope you're happy" ㅠ

---------------------------------------------source: kkuljaem ----------------------------------------------------

@xiennora l love readings these comments.  Please continue to post them here.

11 hours ago, Lyna said:

And ending the episode has left me more unanswered question than before.This is why I always tell myself to wait until all episode is aired to watch so I don't get this withdrawal like its a drug addiction that I need more of.

For me, l will not find it fun if l have waited for all episodes to be aired then watching it.

This type of drama, l will straight jumped to final episode as l do not think l can stand the suspense in every episode wondering who survived.:w00t:

Cho Jin Woong, Kim Hye Soo, Lee Je Hoon, and ‘Signal’ team to take group vacation in Phuket

An official for current airing tvN Fri-Sat drama ‘Signal,’ has confirmed that the entire team will head off to Phuket in Thailand on March 1st for a well-deserved group vacation.

The three lead stars Cho Jin Woong, Kim Hye Soo, and Lee Je Hoon, will all fly off to Phuket tomorrow, although director Kim Won Suk will have to return earlier to Korea than everyone else, as he will have to edit the yet-to-be-aired episodes.

‘Signal’ tells the story of detectives from the present, and a detective from the past communicating via walkie-talkie to solve unsolved cases. 
The drama was partly pre-produced, and filming has already ended, with four more episodes to go before the finale on March 12th. Episode 15 will air on March 4th at 8:30PM (KST).

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

@plappi Thank you for sharing the news of their group vacation. They finished filming! Two weeks before the finale! No live shooting! Well done to the brilliant cast and crew... hope they have a wonderful, relaxing vacation in Phuket... they definitely deserve it :) Is it usual for them to go on their vacation before final edits? No wrap party (see, I'm greedy!), or would that happen when the finale is aired? Either way, am utterly excited and happy for all of them, even as I feel a little poignant, knowing that the drama is ending soon.

On 12/4/2015 at 1:26 PM, irilight said:

@larus, hello, and thank you for starting this thread!

Waving hi to other chingus here: @valsava, @Orion (So glad you will be recapping this!), @jongski, @MaknaeC, @phi3nk, @lmhpsh, @icemaid and new friends on the thread.

To be honest, when it was first announced, I was not thinking to watch it, because I generally do not watch drama based on movies I liked... But especially with Lee Je-Hoon in it, and Choi Jin-Woong - I cannot resist. Kim Hye-Soo, I have heard lots of good things about her, but I have only seen her in a handfull of films and drama - non of which she played a major role in; I do plan to watch her in "Coin locker Girl".

I have heard of scriptwriter's Kim Eun-Hee's previous works: Harvest Villa, and Sign, but I have onle seen 3 Days.

Viki has a potential page for the drama, but very few followers, so far.

https://www.viki.com/tv/26896c-signal

Please make sure to follow the channel, and also submit a Title Request Form.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

While you are at it - lets also submit a title request form to DramaFever.

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series

I'd like to shoutout to some more chingus: @ororomunroe, @LavelyShai, @evie7, @Lmangla, @jadecloud@suchadiva42, @andy78, @zagigirl, @StaRix, @vvxen,@irilight @kyunii88, @moodypie, @alekaonu, @bebebisous33, @eunsuhae, @zenya22, @lclarakl, @trust71

Well I see some of my soompi family is her and was debating if I should catch up on this drama but due to your opinion I check it out and get caught up TVN has been showing good dramas 

This show is so, so good. So brilliant, so gentle and yet relentless. It gets you in the gut and then it assaults the senses. The twists and turns in the storyline is just a spectacle to behold.

I'm running out of bouquets.

And the acting... is stellar.

Finally, the mystery of Lee Jae Han's disappearance has come to light. For the most part. In that last 5 minutes of Ep. 11, I felt everything. Tension, excitement, fear, horror and deep sadness. Yes, we've finally found and seen LJH's final resting place and it's sad to see a great man, tall, strong and determined reduced to bone, ashes and a name tag. He paid the ultimate price for doing his job to the utmost and now all we can do is weep for him.

Still, history can be changed, can't it? Right?

In Ep. 11, it did. An alternate ending was offered where LJH succeeded and lives were saved. That was perhaps the universe saying, "Yeah... life is unpredictable."

So it was guilt for Chief Ahn, who did it all for his daughter. The money for her medical care and he kept it all to himself until she died. This is what corruption does, it takes human beings, turn them from their consciences and twists them inside out. And then it's one sin leading to the next. One cover up after another. How do people live with the guilt? They do somehow because the truth is more terrifying. Or because they've rationalized and prioritized.

The Injoo case is so heartbreaking and I really felt like doing serious violence to the Superintendent. That smug face was just calling out to me.

The biggest casualty as always is justice. 

12 hours ago, liddi said:

Bad Guys is definitely among the top of the list as well... violent, gritty and dark, but oh so good. Thank you for reminding me @kiklaminHo... I have it listed on my siggie, but totally slipped my mind :P 

Bad Guys is one of my all time favourites too. If you can handle the violence, it's all kinds of brilliant.

22 hours ago, Lyna said:

Based on the sub-version I watch, LHJ had mention that he went to Seonil Psychiatric Hospital because PHY had told him to leading to his death. 

in episode 1, LJH in 2000 year asked to PHY , "why did you told me not to go the Seonill Psychiatric Hospital? ", after reporting to him that there is Mr. Seo's body in a hole with thumb cut, and that he is not real culprit. and right after that , LJH was smashed by thick stick of a man.

of course, PHY holding the walkie-talkie out of trash didn't know about this special walkie-talkie and who LJH is.

,that is, althogh PHY that LJH in 2000 knows about  told him NOT TO GO THERE, LJH went there and was attacked.

Guest phi3nk

Just stop here to say hi, chingus.... :P:P been busy with my college stuffs, but still check this drama when it's airing. How can i describe, I'm in love with this one. Such high quality for a drama calibre.

Happy that the casts will get their present, vacation in Thailand. Wheewwww.... They deserve it! 

Now I'm praying that this will end with happy ending. Is it possible??? I want all the three main characters gonna be alive and happily ever after. But with the last eps, huhu... :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Does this writer ever write happy endings?  Please please. :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

I can't even watch episode 12 because I just knew they were going to find LJH's remains.  Plus, I get so mad, incredibly angry.. ARGHHH ARRRRRRRGHHH those adults who covered it up should just be demonized. The poor girl. Those who got away with it. AAASRRRGGGGGGHHHH.  

Watching lady gaga sing at the Oscars made me cry for the victimized character in signal as well as the girl from the real case.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:. Seriously cried me a river.

Anyways I hope the scums rot. I hope the next two episodes show how we cling to a bit of the hope will be rewarded.  Too depressing if there is no silver lining. Even the serial killer story line had a silver lining.

(Rocking myself to sleep)

@annyeonghasibnika do you think then the Inju case is connected to the kidnapping case?  Either LJH was set up to go to the hospital where chief Ahn knew to go or chief Ahn followed him. Or it wasn't chief Ahn who knocked out LJH.

Oh the mystery.

Clearly, LJH doggedness without any subtlety led to his downfall. So principled and yet so stupidly stubborn.  With a little finesse, I feel like he could have still solved the cases without putting a target on his back. Kind of like if PHY didn't mess up royalty I the beginning, he would have gotten more help and never doubtedb to be investigated. But then neither would be the characters we love.

@miri13 KEH gave the viewers a relatively happy ending in both Ghost and 3Days... which are her latter works, so perhaps, hopefully Signal will be the same too?

I may very well be wrong but I am inclined to believe that the KYJ kidnapping case was not related to the Injoo case, and that LJH was investigating the KYJ case officially, and continuing his digging into the Injoo conspiracy. The fact that he disregarded PHY's warning and went to the asylum anyway, gave Chief Ahn the chance to attack him there, before assassinating him in the woods. Whether or not KSB was complicit in the killing is unclear but he is definitely on the payroll and in the know as to what happened, the most damning of which is the use of his property to bury LJH's body.

Archived