[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

The 'comrade fist bump' was a hint on what to expect in the following episodes.  SongSong did it in HongKong press on before episode 13 was shown.  

I doubt we would see Daniel and Hyewah again.  Like what YSJ said, they come and go - they are mercenaries- Daniel was like YSJ  before; after he left the special forces, he became a mercenary- his choice, while Argus chose a different path.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, giegie said:

That's definitely my thought or... I fantasize it! In my opinion, KMY was definitely grew up as a person since the 1st eps, as much as she want YSJ (and us) think she's a materialistic doctor, Urk's earthquake pushed the real-kinda in herself, that's why during the earthquake she remembered her doctor's vow, right? Another hint, KMY said she volunteered at South Africa before she ended up at the hospital so yeah, I also hope she'll become Alpha team's main doctor, heheheheh

KYM will definitely be a great Alpha team doctor. She's very rational and quick thinking under dire situation. Remember she was the one insisted they operated a patient after the earthquake on the clear area without going to the OT room. They have very limited equipments at the time but she was quite forceful in her decision that others just had to follow her. She's also very brave like the time she drove through the building to save both Fatima and YSJ. She took risk but she has calculated the risk knowing the  result will balance the risk. In that sense she was really similar to YSJ character that they were willing to take calculated risks.  It will be nice to see her working side by side with YSJ as long as they stay together.

Btw that scene where YSJ laying with a pool of blood with tears in his eyes is so touching. I know he will survive but ....:bawling:

• Like 13

BUT That OST though :(( what's up with the bouquet of flower on a stone (look like grave), and then the pebble on the rock. but then we also have a scene of the 2 of them sitting on the abandoned ship wearing normal clothes (unlike when they visit the ship...he was in his uniform)

the confusion is killing me.

tomorrow come quicker please :( and then next week too

• Like 4

Ahurmm, the last time I post a comment was the Kill me Heal Me drama forum and I would continually be a silent reader in all forums if not for that report that says the Chief executive of this drama was considering other korean actors who are more manly than the weak looking SJK . I read somewhere that the writer of this drama already had SJK in her mind that she was present when SJK finish his 2 year military service. I saw her picture  holding a banner. So, for those higher ups to think that SJK was weak looking well the writer only has SJK in her mind. 

I coulnt believe myself writing something like this, even spending 10mins retrieving my forgotten pw all in defense of SJK right to star this drama. Hayz Descendants . Ok, that's all. And thank you all posters, I joyously enjoy all your post, gifs, hidden and spoliers. ...silence...

• Like 5

But the drunk scene is daebak.... Indeed they are a special forces.... Even YSJ can still conscious after MANY bottles of soju.... I never seen like him in drama land.... Even if he drank the whole store supplies i think he still able to stand and walk home lol

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, babydrawers said:

Ahurmm, the last time I post a comment was the Kill me Heal Me drama forum and I would continually be a silent reader in all forums if not for that report that says the Chief executive of this drama was considering other korean actors who are more manly than the weak looking SJK . I read somewhere that the writer of this drama already had SJK in her mind that she was present when SJK finish his 2 year military service. I saw her picture  holding a banner. So, for those higher ups to think that SJK was weak looking well the writer only has SJK in her mind. 

I coulnt believe myself writing something like this, even spending 10mins retrieving my forgotten pw all in defense of SJK right to star this drama. Hayz Descendants . Ok, that's all. And thank you all posters, I joyously enjoy all your post, gifs, hidden and spoliers. ...silence...

SJK was not their first choice as his image is very delicate for the production team..... They offered the role first to other actor who is more muscular (as the director interviewed and the president of NEW) but actors that were first offered rejected and very concerns on some terms due to this is pre production and they were reluctant to spent months for shoot the drama esp overseas.

only SJK that continue showed his attraction to the drama cast.... And also since he just finished the army the pd thinks why not try him. Soon when they were doing fitting session with SJK in army uniform the NEW president is sure that the drama will be success.... Indeed they are

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

SJK was not their first choice as his image is very delicate for the production team..... They offered the role first to other actor who is more muscular (as the director interviewed and the president of NEW) but actors that were first offered rejected and very concerns on some terms due to this is pre production and they were reluctant to spent months for shoot the drama esp overseas.

only SJK that continue showed his attraction to the drama cast.... And also since he just finished the army the pd thinks why not try him. Soon when they were doing fitting session with SJK in army uniform the NEW president is sure that the drama will be success.... Indeed they are

I wished there's leak on whose the supposingly A-list actor who rejected it :P

• Like 11

Been so busy all day that I haven't had the time to check in here nor catch up with the posts. Just wanted to say though, that the last scene from last night has been playing in my head. So painfully shocking for KMY. The way the episode was edited though, seems interesting. I'm getting the sense that the scenes or events in the episode last night was not shown in sequence. The part about her getting called for night duty while they were watching the movie at home, the Subway date which ended in him going to PyeongYang... these haven't been shown in sequence. I thought it was a bit ominous when the NK soldier told SiJin that he was going on "furlough" after that meal they had in PyeongYang. The looks CPT Yoo and MSG Seo exchanged when the NK guy said that was also interesting - they clearly smelled something fishy. The question is who the NKs were trying to shoot/killl when the shoot out occured. The cut so far makes it look as if the NK guy was out to simply kill CPT Yoo, but that would be silly - who is CPT Yoo for them to head straight for him? Also, the supposed "episode 13 preview" shown at the end of Ep 12 was probably not an episode 13 preview but a (possibly) last 4 episode preview. In that preview, there was a shooting sequence where we saw heavy fire going on and CPT Yoo calling for back ups. I highly doubt Yoo SiJin will be out of the woods by the end of ep 14 - we have to brace ourselves for a long weekend not knowing how his heartrate monitor will move. Today will likely sequence the chain of events for us.

• Like 21

After re-watching the ending again (yeah, I know I'm masochistic that way) I am actually worried about Senior Lieutenant Ahn. Not only because he's been as badly hurt or more as Shi-jin but also because something was clearly worrying him while they exchanged words over a meal in North Korea. I think that the fact that he was 'off-duty' was a tad too coincidential, wasn't it?

I think that there was a plan to distrupt the peace talks, somehow the North Korean have managed to infiltrate into South Korean territory and they're going to make sure that there's no talks. Hence the timing of the attack during the rehearsal. Otherwise, they would have waited until they had the real thing going on so they could hurt the South Korean government officials...

Either way, I am worried about him. Not so much about Dae-young...I don't think Writer-nim would be so cruel as to hurt them both. But I do think that Dae-young did get hurt or got close, this will probably make Myeong-joo reconsider their break up...

Regardless of what happens today, there's one thing I have already deciced (even if my heart is still in firm denial about this), but today it will be the last time we have a cliffhanger that will last all the way over to the next week, so I will take whatever they throw at us gratefully and enjoy the agony of having to wait for another Wednesday...because it will be the last time.

*is off to cry another river*

• Like 15