[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

From @MAROSA_JIN's post, this bit is bothering me a lot now:

" “I am Yoo Si-jin, born in 1983, Pisces horoscope, blood type A,” he told Han. 

Earlier, Kang’s age was revealed when Yoo saw Kang’s paperwork for her medical voluntary service abroad. Kang was born on Sept. 14, 1983.  "

That's just not possible. If Shi-jin is a pisces, it means he was born in Februrary/March 1983. Mo-yeon's birthday claims she was born in September. But in episode 2, she clearly said she was older than he is. It must be a writing blunder...Shi-jin should have been born in 1984, which would make more sense since from the start it was stated that she was one year his senior.

• Like 14

I went to work today, turned on the PC. And the 1st. thing I did is checking this topic. :lol: Then all day long, I see myself many times updating what u posted here.

We, as  wives want to have husbands who can help us in everyday life, take the baby to kindergarten... and not be killed of course.

Although SJ is very romantic, charming in drama, but accepting such a man like him as husband in real life may require same life ideal, a love as destiny, capability to manage family alone, and a brave heart to admit whatever happens. Especially, there are many men around, working a normal, safe job. It's very clear why MY rejected him at the 1st time.

• Like 9

Yoo Ah In appears as a cameo on “ Descendants of the Sun"

CfbfY11UMAA43bY.jpg

Lately it was reported that Yoo Ah In would be appearing in the drama as a birthday gift for his good friend Song Hye Kyo, who is the lead star in “Descendants of the Sun.”

Also, Song Hye Kyo’s co-star Song Joong Ki are friends as they both appeared in the drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal.”

In Yoo Ah In’s short appearance in “Descendants of the Sun,” he plays the role as a comically strict bank teller who was visited by Song Hye Kyo’s character Kang Mo Yeon.

She’s frustrated of getting her loan being unprocessed, after Yoo Ah In tells her that she is considered unemployed after quitting her job in the hospital and for that reason her loan cannot be finalized.

With his alarming voice Kang Mo Yeon asks him, “Then what should I do?” In reply, Yoo Ah In just simpers and responded saying , “Why are you asking me?” before getting into the next client.

source: thekpopfighting

• Like 6

6 hours ago, melissala said:

^that's from a parody video, not real. 

watching the sub, I'm surprised MY was only in Urk for one month.  For some reason I thought it was longer.  She actually gave in to SJ really quickly lol 

one month is ok for me because they spent many time there together. they experienced many things together and i'm glad this drama show how they using their skills as a doctor and a soldier for handling some situations. along with that their relationship also slowly evolve from just simple attraction to knowing more about each other to love. some dramas kinda we-love-each-other-since-birth-and-we-never-forget-each-other-even-when-we-had-to-separate-for-years-while-we-just-a-child-and-when-i'm-missing-you-i'm-looking-at-our-childhood-photo-but-now-when-we-finally-meet-for-your-sake-i'm-gonna-break up-with-you-noble-idiot-style-without-trying-to-discussing-the-problem-together-but-don't-worry-since-we-are-the-main-otp-we-will-be-happily-ever-after-in-the-end-if-one-of-us-don't-have-any-terminal-disease. So i care less about their period of time knowing each other because in this drama they discuss how to strengthen their relationship after getting together rather than just being together. Other female characters have to learn "communications skills with your partner" from our beauty mo yeon. yes, she rejected big boss 3 times at first but when she love and accept him as her man she fight for their relationship! she can make it even he's a soldier that sometimes missing like chocolate in chipsmore! *ok now i'm feeling hungry ughh*

• Like 9

Hello everyone!

I have been silently reading and lurking this thread since Episode 9 if I am not mistaken and I think it's about time I de-lurk to join the fun in the discussion. I have sincerely enjoyed reading every discussion here and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank everyone for the active participation especially live recappers! After The Heirs, it never crossed my mind that I could have liked anything new from writer-nim KES but she proved me wrong with this DotS!! I just love it so, so much!

Anyway, after watching Episode 13 with English subbed I would like to point out that KMY seriously meant what she said when she told YSJ to bear with her nagging from that moment on. Because she really did nag and talk a lot (so cutely) with him!! I almost died every time I re-watched all the cute moments in this episode because they were all so, so good! I honestly think SJK-SHK really nailed their characters and really blend in well with each other to a point I can't think of any better actors to play KMY and YSJ than them!!! Thank God those actors rejected and thank God SJK and SHK showed interest. 

I can't wait for tonight's episode but I cannot watch it live unfortunately as I am still at work. So I'll definitely be here to wait for all live recappers and I would like thank all of you in advance :)

• Like 20

Quick note about the PPL: I think the issue here is not the amount of PPL during the last episode but, rather, the lack of it during the previous ones based in Uruk. I still think that the way PPL is being handled in DotS is not so bad, at least is not incredibily blatant and it tends to integrate into what's happening in the drama, and to me it doesn't feel like the writers are pushing themselves too much to try and integrate the products they want to advertise.

And last but not least, as many of you have said it already: for a drama of this quality, a lot of money is needed and if I need to see Mo-yeon and Shi-jin eating a sandwitch in Subway in every episode, that's fine by me. Also, I found that Mo-yeon's choice of sandwitch was hilariously complicated...a lot like she is! ;) 

• Like 20

@MAROSA_JIN wow thank you for the age info.... Always love your posts... 

So YSJ is really the "oppa" lol .... Remember how happy he was when he said " aahh so i am the oppa" at their first ruined movie date. 

I love how this drama flow.... Every scene wil reflect to another .... So i really careful watching this and try to remember odd things in this drama since hell ya... Maybe it will become the connction in another scene.... 

No one saw the speaker confession source.... No one ever think about double date in the same cafe whre the boys were accompanied by dolls previously..... Maybe dr Song right after all maybe we all need a visit to psychiatric once after this end.... :lol:

aaaahhhh my pitty YAI.... After whining the whole week about him he only last for 2 minutes :sweatingbullets: but it was very nice to meet you again esp in this drama.... Please come back after you done with your service and please do not choose another sageuk drama... Thou you are very much handsome to be in a king's robe ... 

3 more hours and i am currently thinking what reason do i need to say again tonight ..... Should i say i've been invited to zero night 3 days drinking by our captain Yoo .... Lol

the chairman.... Hell ya he really likes KMY.... Her arrogance makes him fall in love with her.... I laugh when he said i can make you the VIP ahahahahahahaha even bragging money to "woman full of debt" like KMY is useless. Only YSJ can handle her. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dhia205 said:

what if that NK guy actually going to warn SJ about something? because for me, for someone who uphold a honor as a soldier and have enough experience, suddenly appear, walking in anger and try to shoot a guard due to his resentment sound not make sense for me.

I feel the same way.    They may be reluctant acquaintances, but individually respect each other as soldiers.  They are also loyal to their respective countries,  and  this instance being joint talks, have the same security agenda,. 

• Like 6

Ep13 ending really made me speechless and anxious.Surprising I cried when I watch MY reaction when She saw SJ in the ambulance (She damn gd ;) ) .

DOTS really know where to stop on each EP and they loves to made people WONDER, they loves to gives people anxiety up for us to wait for the next Ep. (I bet that Y their rating keeps on increasing) anyway for yesterday Ep If I got a heart attack I will definitely collapse already thinking of SJ.

Envy u guys who will be able watch another 3 hrs as for me I hv to wait for another 6hrs for it to be upload.:bawling:

• Like 8

Something just to lighten up the tense mood while waiting for ep14 to start... considering i missed 25mins of live ep13 yesterday, silly :sweatingbullets:

Description of Your Perfect Ideal Type of Guy?

Born:  1983

Job:  Captain of SK Army

Star sign:  Pisces

Blood Type:  A

Wait.. hang on! His name is none other than Uri Captain Yoo Si Jin :lol:

even 'wealthy & arrogant' Hospital Director can't compete with him!

Ohh, and he's a good fighter too! ;)

To Hospital Director:  'Yes, that's the description provided by your crush's bf / competitor himself

when your assistant couldn't even find details about him' HAHA

Spoiler

Cr. descendantsofthesun_official

• Like 16

Hello everyone!

Been trying hard to keep myself away from Soompi since I've been swamped with work these past few weeks. Although I've been checking this thread every once in a while for much needed DoTS love! However, the events of episode 13 made me de-lurk. I've been worried and heartbroken that DoTS will end with YSJ dead (NOOOOO!!!!!). What comforted me was the hope that we still have 3 episodes to go and it would have been silly to have them kill off the main lead prior the finale week (please! please! don't kill him!). Plus, I held on to what Jin Goo stated in a previous interview that DoTS will have a satisfactory ending or fans will be satisfied with its ending. And what would make us feel satisfied would be to see a happy ending between YSJ and KMY, as well as SDY and YMJ.

My spirits were recently lifted when I saw a photo on Instagram of YSJ wearing hospital clothes. And he was standing up!  Not sure if it was shared here already since I have yet to backtrack on the pages that I missed. Although it may have been a BTS pic and he may be in a coma - but don't want to think about it yet. Anyway, it made me happy! It would be interesting to see just how strong KMY would be in order to save YSJ's life. I can only imagine the kind of anguish and desperation a doctor would have to go through when a critical patient is someone that they love. 

We still have a few hours of waiting before episode 14 is aired. I'll be getting my tissues ready since I'm anticipating a few emotional scenes tonight! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sanaeozora said:

From @MAROSA_JIN's post, this bit is bothering me a lot now:

" “I am Yoo Si-jin, born in 1983, Pisces horoscope, blood type A,” he told Han. 

Earlier, Kang’s age was revealed when Yoo saw Kang’s paperwork for her medical voluntary service abroad. Kang was born on Sept. 14, 1983.  "

That's just not possible. If Shi-jin is a pisces, it means he was born in Februrary/March 1983. Mo-yeon's birthday claims she was born in September. But in episode 2, she clearly said she was older than he is. It must be a writing blunder...Shi-jin should have been born in 1984, which would make more sense since from the start it was stated that she was one year his senior.

@sanaeozora: I read it somewhere that it wasn't confirmed as in the conversation YSJ & KMY had at the cinema in ep2 about how to address each other, whether she's a nuna or he's an oppa... they were teasing each other and didn't provide a definite conclusion, so it can turn either way... it was stated that the writer left it up to individual's imagination/discretion. I'll try to find that article/report again...:) or i maybe wrong, pls correct... hope i'm not imagining reading it haha

@ilwoo_aein: Has your preference change to SJK? I thought I remembered it as Joo Won? hmm maybe not... eyes, brain not functioning properly :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

hi all,

cant wait for tonight episode.

btw, when YSJ meet sajangnim, he should thank sajangnim for sending KMY to Uruk.

cuz YSJ can meet again KMY and fall in love again:D

ahh sajangnim, u make the mistake sending ur girl to another guy in the first place.. hahaha

1 more week to go for the finale.. awww.. so sad it is finally going to be over:bawling: no more cute song song couple:bawling:

• Like 5

Am I the only one? Since the 1st lead, 2nd lead, Doc Song, junior solider, onew are all taken up, I am starting to think that the Hospital Director is quite a good catch too! Like it when it is shown in ep 13  that he is realty concern about MY! He even ask her why she never board the plane that is send to pick her up.  Think he is a case of rich brat turns good.  I wonder if he will appear in the next 3 episode. :-p

• Like 6