Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Dramas that premiere soon. I hope they aren't draggy....  

9 members have voted

1. 1. I am planning to watch (choose as many as you like)

• Dare to Love Me with L oppa. Aspiring webtoon writer in a noona romance (anyone is a noona now; she's only 2 years older than him, peeps).... (May 13)
    • The Brave Yong Soo Jung with Uhm Hyun Kyung unnie. Free spirited lady who is shy is secretly in love with a chaebol. But she meets the poor ML who is unknowingly also a chaebol. (May 6)
    • Bittersweet Hell with Kim Hee Sun unnie. Best psychological counselor and her MIL face each other's secrets due to their husband and son. Ready for showtime! (May 24)
    • Not Strong But Attractive Homicide Squad with unknown people - not even 4evrkdrama's oppas. A comedy crime investigation drama featuring people with few muscles. (May 22)
    • Connection with Ji Sung oppa. A crime investigation thriller depicting the distorted friendship of friends while tracking the death of a high school friend who died leaving behind 5 billion won in insurance money. Sounds intensive.(May 24)
    • The Midnight Romance with Wi Ha Joon oppa. Featuring abs. Who cares about the plot? (May 11)
    • Frankly Speaking with Go Kyung Po oppa. Crazy comedy. Probably only agenth, sweetroad and partyon who like this type of humor. (May 1)
    • The Atypical Family with no one's oppa Jang Ki Yong. He has a bad haircut. (May 4)
    • Crash with Heo Sung Tae who always plays an evil baddie. Looks like he might play a good guy for once. (May 13)
    • Begins Youth with Seo Ji Hoon oppa. Losely based on BTS's journey to success. (April 30)
    • Uncle Samsik. The plot sounds boring. Not gonna lie. (May 15)
    • The 8 Show with the guy who was just in a scandal. You know, Ms. Koko's oppa. Yes, that one. (May 17)
    • I've given up on kdramas
    • Something else. What?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/03/2024 at 02:00 PM

12 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I'll skip the drama as I'm not a fan of XK and YM. I don't like contract marriages to achieve something kinda plot... Rational Life is different. Very matured and realistic portrayal of office work cultures and life. So this I can accept, of course there's Dylan in it which is a plus point. Then I realise I like Dong Fang Qing Cang, his character more than him as a person...Lol... I'm waiting for you to join us on the thread for LBFAD...

I'm liking YM's wardrobe and accesories the most, hahaha! Though they're together in a contract marriage, YM for career move and XK to stop the arranged blind dates, the hilarity and slice of life moments as they deal with their daily life and people around them are good entertainment.

Yep, hope I can fit time soon for LBFAD and other dramas. For now I can only watch the funny "I Want To Resign Every Single Day" since it is only 6min per ep...

8 hours ago, partyon said:

If there would be c-dramas with equally strong FLs, I would be interested in checking them out

You might want to see "Miss S", a remake of "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries". Hmm, you might also want to check out the currently airing "She and Her Perfect Husband", since Yang Mi is portrayed as a career lawyer with a quite docile husband.

You can also consider "Long Ballad" and "Love Designer" as having strong FL characters.

Pasta-alla-norma-eggplant-pasta_6.jpg?w=

ctto

Have a good Sunday everyone! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

@MayanEcho Sunday is usually a power charged and happy day...But to majority of Malaysians, one of the gloomiest days today...Anyway shall not delve much here...

Not heard of the drama for 6min/episode. Cdrama? 

@confusedheart Introducing you the first Cdrama to have an English OST...Also my favourite drama, The Guardian...

+2

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

When there are more eps, I'll be watching this, if only for the clothes! :D Yang Mi and Xu Kai are two of the best leads in Cdramaland, they're a pleasure to watch in their dramas. Can be watched in YT, Viu, and WeTV. 

Woah. 

This drama still hasn't aired?!?! I remember watching the trailer for this drama atleast 2 years back. Lol. I too want to watch this show.  I like both the leads, and I love contract marriage trope. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

21 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Not heard of the drama for 6min/episode. Cdrama?

Yup, 6min only per ep. It's in WeTV app/site. ^_^

Aww, politics can certainly top any dramas IMO. Hope you and your co-countrymen would still have the best government and leaders whatever the outcome of the polls.

I also previously watched "Mortal Housewife" of Youku, only about 8min/ep. Drama's about the revenge of the FL to her cheating husband, the mistress, and the meany MIL. It's quite funny to watch, but there were scenes that are sensitive due to violence. I liked watching the FL, may she be recognised for her acting and get better projects.

Crispy-Pan-Fried-Fish-3-1.jpg

ctto

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

This drama still hasn't aired?!?! I remember watching the trailer for this drama atleast 2 years back. Lol. I too want to watch this show.  I like both the leads, and I love contract marriage trope. 

It's already airing since last week! :D Can be watched in WeTV app/site, and in WeTV/Tencent YT channels.

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

dizi tales

this should be the quote to start all revenge dramas -- "don't think that the one who strokes your back is a friend, maybe he is looking for a place to stab you with a knife.

:joy:

@joccu @the_sweetroad ~ every ep of the dizi yargi starts off with a quote; haven't been paying attention but this is one kicker of a quote! :lol:

maybe I am in a funny mood but I found the beginning of ep 6 rather amusing. jaylene is having a meltdown that engin is the killer and she wants to go confront him. since they don't have any evidence and no way of detaining him, ilgaz tries to calm her down. when that doesn't work, he has eren arrest her! charges -- hitting a prosecutor!  the girl was just swatting his arm when he was trying to hold her back from running and ilgaz stretches the law. :joy:

MV5BZDJkM2ExMTktYzllMS00ZDg5LTliMWMtMWQ5

seriously cracked up at that. eren (the police officer helping them out) is like "dude is that necessary" and ilgaz is like "no other way for her to calm her down; otherwise, she will bust the case"

Yargi-6.-Bolum-6-thumb.jpg 

but ilgaz is right. there is no evidence. engin was about to walk away from the dumpster when yekta called and chewed his brains out and told him to pick up the money and come back to the office. here is another fraught father son relationship. yekta thinks his son is an utter brainless moron and can't understand how engin hasn't picked up anything from having a sleazy lawyer as a dad. yekta tells him that you don't immediately hand out money like an idiot when you are blackmailed. you play chess till you figure out if the threat is real or if they are just fishing for money. 

Yargi-6.-Bolum-9-thumb.jpg 

things should heat up though -- prosecutor pars has already been tipped off by another office that jaylene is arrested. he is already on the lookout to bring ilgaz as well as jaylene down for any break in proceedure. he already knows that jaylene and ilgaz met the prof and his wife and jaylene took toothbrushes from their house. both are against proceedure. ilgaz has been his rival from law school and pars is the ruthless type who doesn't do relationships because he is so busy climbing up the ladder. 

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yup, 6min only per ep.

How many episodes are there....?

:notsureifserious:

358?

Thanks @Wuzetian @MayanEcho for your recommendations! :Megathanks:

@the_sweetroad the ML in Lie After Lie is very ahjussi-looking nowadays. :grimace:Don't find him attractive. At all.

But the smexy dead hubby....

Despicable Me Flirting GIF

Like @Lmanglasweetie said, it's weird that this dude doesn't get more roles. He is a smexy ahjussi oppa AND he can act. He's now 42 years old and he's gonna be an appa IRL for the first time. His wife actress Ji So Yeon is preggers. :love:

5 hours ago, larus said:

Eccentric Chef Moon had a bad script indeed.

Everything was bad about this drama. I really wanna forget that I ever watched it. :crybaby:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

jaylene is having a meltdown that engin is the killer and she wants to go confront him. since they don't have any evidence and no way of detaining him, ilgaz tries to calm her down. when that doesn't work, he has eren arrest her! charges -- hitting a prosecutor!  the girl was just swatting his arm when he was trying to hold her back from running and ilgaz stretches the law. 

That is hilarious. He's good at getting the results he wants. B) Aren't you just pining for him to shed that stoic exterior and have some heartfelt emotions?

I ended up watching the Qatar opening ceremonies with people. The biggest surprise was that Morgan Freeman appeared as the main speaker. I hadn't heard he was going at all, though now he might be getting some flak.

Jung Kook did a good job singing "Dreamers" - which is actually a pretty catchy song.

The cutest things during the opening were these huge replica jerseys walking around the floor (upper left corner):

Qatar-opens-Mideast039s-first-World-Cup-before-leaders-fans.jpg?resize=1600,1062&ssl=1

ctto

...and the mascot for this year, La'eeb.

ap22324551793125-sixteen_nine.jpg?Versio

ctto

Reminds me of Casper :)

061_000.jpg

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

I think that JK was the only performer, no?

Yep, I don't think Robbie Williams made it after all. Maybe he'll perform at half time during the game going on now (Ecuador v Qatar).

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

I enjoyed JK's set a lot, to be honest. :lol:

BTS.jpg?quality=80&format=pjpg&auto=webp

ctto

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

How many episodes are there....?

LOL, only 21 eps. Eight eps are now available for non VIP viewers in the WeTV site/app. I don't know if you like time loop drama trope, but another reason I'm watching it is that it's so amusing that the name of the ML in the phone of the FL is "nagger". :lol:

Mega-Italian-Salad_7.jpg

ctto

• LOL 5

17 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

That is hilarious. He's good at getting the results he wants. B) Aren't you just pining for him to shed that stoic exterior and have some heartfelt emotions?

yea it will be interesting when that happens. I did have a good laugh that he essentially gave a time out to a grown adult like he was dealing with his baby sis. :lol:

more dizi tales:

we finally meet criminal grandpa. there is some story here because ilgaz hasn't seen him since he was 12 and found out they were related. but we can wonder that for later as grandpa is sharp looking! if chnyar is going to look like that in old age, he has one less thing to think about. hahahahah

617665b84e3fe10f20fe0718.jpg   

grandpa walks in like he owns the prison waiting room and ilgaz is the one looking like a little kid. grandpa though already has the gossip and is aware that chynar is in trouble. ilgaz asks grandpa to find out about this taxi that took ingi and grandpa nods. wow, so grandpa has connections even though he is in prison! in return, he wants chynar to come meet him next time. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  he is looking too fine grandpa considering that he is in prison. 

he is really fine! he also has some amazing connections because he has found the taxi driver in a day and had him report to ilgaz. wah! and there was eren (police officer), ilgaz and jaylene looking for this driver and they couldn't find him despite all their efforts. 

am in a funny mood today because am finding splashes of humour in the episode even though it is rather emotional.

prosecutor pars yells at the driver at how he could drop off ingi on the road because she only had a card to pay him and no cash. the driver apologizes saying he had a fight with his wife that day and was cranky and pars is like "did I ask?" :lol: and then pars is like "what world you in, driving in istanbul and only dealing with cash" -- that also cracked me up the way he chewed out those lines. read an article that pars the character became really popular with the audience -- he has a kind of dry quip that is just funny.  

mehmet-yilmaz-ak-kimdir-kac-yasinda-ve-n

jaylene is strung as high wire but has come around to ilgaz way of thinking about being calm. she has been struggling with how engin could be so deceptive. however, if we see the other side, we find that engin was nowhere as calm. @joccu ~ you and I see lot of these crime dramas/docs and in the re-enactments, the criminals are often really calm and that makes it diabolical. here, engin is super emotional, almost having a meltdown but then trying to stay calm as he clears up the crime scene and figures out how to get rid of inji's body. he makes a mistake by renting a car from one of his dad's clients and then drives around the city in a haze till he finds a dumpster where no one can see him. yekta yells at him that engin is an idiot. the guy who gave the car for rent knows that engin did some crime -- guess these criminal types can easily guess.  even yekta wonders how engin can calmly sit and have breakfast the next day with them like nothing happened. however, alone in his room, engin is repeatedly haunted by ingi's words where she told him he was worthless. so it is interesting to see a different type of criminal meltdown where the reaction is more human. the actor playing engin apparently won the breakout actor award for his role in this drama -- this is his first big role compared to blink and miss appearances earlier. from what I have seen, can see why he won the award. he is doing a great job!

slssl-v6vo.jpg 

yekta and lacin are also breaking down in different ways from the stress. yekta at the same time is trying to ensure chynar ends up in prison and has some friend testify that chynar was super jealous and thats why he went and punched the prof. yekta is so nervous that he won't even allow his associate to take notes when engin goes over what happened.  lacin as a mom is all torn up about another family losing their child but yekta keeps telling her to focus on their own. lacin feels that it is all yekta's fault as he was alway berating engin while raising him. yekta is freaking out saying he does not want to be known as the father of a murderer and it is not his fault his son is awful.

so the writer is doing a fantastic job of layering an event and showing the ripple effects on multiple characters. it really is written well. for the first few episodes, engin and his family were barely noticeable and seemed more like filler characters. so it was a nice twist that he ended up being the murderer and now this family is in front and centre. 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

This drama is also supposedly good as per viewers' review, even if the story is sad. Thirty eps, planning to see it too as soon as I can. Youku consolidated all eps in one go.

saw the youtube title -- "forced to marry my fiance's uncle" and I was like what the???? :joy:

youku does such weird clickbait titles for their videos

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

saw the youtube title -- "forced to marry my fiance's uncle" and I was like what the???? :joy:

youku does such weird clickbait titles for their videos

LMAO, I was surprised too, like what the heck clickbait is that??? Though it's true that the ML is the uncle of the FL's fiancé,  but ye Gods, somebody teach their headline writers for YT the art of subtleness pronto! :sweat_smile:

Corn-Salad-in-Avocado_1.jpg

ctto

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

well, chynar is proven innocent. yay!!! but why do I feel like this is going to be shortlived and there is still more drama. 

so chynar finally agreed to testify when he is told that his friend did a different story. so chynar is released from hospital and does give some details -- like which road he drove and stopping at a restaurant. erin and his team then go through CCTV footage and manage to find the details which show that chynar was indeed somewhere else when the time of the crime took place. it is rather sweet that the whole family including defne show up to pick him up from prison. 

FDBmujtXMAAjc1d.jpg 

zafar meanwhile finds out through yekta that chynar got released. yekta acts like this was done through made up alibis because of prosecutor and police interference. this doesn't look good. oh oh! if only zafar would sit and talk to his daughter but he is too mad at jaylene to even be rational. this isn't going to end well....  @joccu @the_sweetroad

meanwhile prosecutor pars is behind both jaylene and ilgaz over the illegal taking of toothbrush from the professor's house. jaylene could lose her license or get suspended. she basically tells pars that he can't prove anything and that it is all supposition. they just went to visit the prof and there is nothing legally wrong about that. neva (the sister) tells pars to let it go but pars is like a dog with a bone. jaylene thinks it is because she didn't return pars interest and so he is trying to give her some heat for that. she asks ilgaz to lie but ofcourse he refuses as principle. hahahaha... the man refuses to change. :lol:

jaylene is upset and then neva comes to give ilgaz a heads up that pars is after them. in some sense it could affect both their careers as pars is after ilgaz as well and wants to eliminate his competition. so ilgaz will face heat for not following proceedure as prosecutor and looking the other way when jaylene broke rules. 

the next morning, jaylene and ilgaz are walking in to pars office to give their official testimony. pars is sitting there like a happy cat and asks ilgaz to give his testimony and ilgaz refuses as right of family. pars is confused and asks how jaylene can be 1st line relative and then jaylene gives the registration -- they both got married!!! bwaahahahah...

4-25102021d102202a.jpg

6-25102021a2210942.jpg 

that is one way to do marriage contract trope - get married to save your career and all over toothbrushes. bwhahahahah....  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: totally yelled and laughed when I saw the wedding registration. was so unexpected -- the glee on jaylene's face that she one upped pars - hysterical! 

and as for chynar, it also does not look good in the ending scene. zafar is pointing a gun at him. yikes!!!!! how many times will this kidoo get shot or beaten now? and all of this happens after he and papa metin make peace? can't we have one heartwarming scene to sit in before it blows up again. 

5-251020212be6d03a.jpg

metin apologizes to chnyar for pushing him away and tells him that whatever chynar told at the hospital, he took it to heart. he asks chynar to forgive him. chynar tells his dad that he wants to be loved and know he is loved but is totally afraid that the next time he messes up, his dad will reject him yet again. and all he really wants is a hug and not feel afraid that he is on his own but has family to look after him and back him up. awww, chynar, you big overgrown kiddo. you are just tall but still like a kiddo at heart. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2