Add and Subtract Game

Admin

27 minutes ago, corey said:

The first K-Drama I ever watched was a drama where the second lead gets the girl. It was The King Loves.  Was there any other? I have to rack my brain for that.

But wait a second? Were you talking about the Spies who loved me? So the female lead ended up with her husband or the other guy? I was of the impression that she remained with her husband and now you are telling me that the main lead got the girl? Wasn't the main lead Eric? I am confused.

And there are only two K-Dramas (or three technically) that I watched again. One was 1% of Something with Ha Seok Jin, and the other Dr Romantic Season 1 and 2. I think I will watch the latter even more. It was interesting in itself, with good medical cases, a mature idealistic hearo and some pretty boys to look at too, and very few cringey moments.

I really hope there will eb Season 3

Hey there Chingu :Pandabulous:

Well there are definitely some Kdramas where the 2nd ML gets the girl, I have watched 2-3 but don't remember, wait, I do remember one. In Slave Hunters, Daegil does not get the girl. Apart from that there are some more, I'll have to check my list.

Talking about Kdramas that I watched more than once (because there are some which I watched more than 2 times), there are many. It would be a long list of dramas. But I have also watched "1% of Something" two times, I liked that drama. Same with "Because this is my first life". I have watched "Healer" three times, two times alone and once with my friend. "Secret" and "Innocent Man" 3-4 times too, same with Slave Hunters. 

I do agree that Romantic Doctor, both seasons were really good, but I do prefer the first one. 

Coming to the Spies drama

Spoiler

what happened was, FL's husband is blamed for everything, so he needs to run. He fakes his death, and disappears, leaving FL behind since she would be in danger with him. Both FL and Eric find out about it, the FL gets too furious being betrayed like that. Then we see a 2 years gap between which Eric goes to Europe for a mission, and the drama ends with FL and Eric kissing, meaning they are together now. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@larus I didn't watch Dr. Champ, how was it? 

I liked it. It`s my kind of drama, without drama. :D The second lead got the girl (but it was not really a love triangle), there was bromance, character growth. I want more dramas like that.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, larus said:

I liked it. It`s my kind of drama, without drama. :D The second lead got the girl (but it was not really a love triangle), there was bromance, character growth. I want more dramas like that.

I will add this drama in my watchlist, got to admit, I heard its name for the first time from you. But reading the synopsis it seems interesting, and we have Kim So Yeon here. Will watch it in 2021 :wow1:

10 minutes ago, corey said:

I could not stand watching Because it is my first one for the second time. That drama was one of the most depressing one I ever watched....

Sorry Chingu, I think I lost you here, which drama is being discussed in this part? 

10 minutes ago, corey said:

And yes, you are right, in Chuno the SL gets the girl - I never watched it to the end, but I read a lot of discussions about it in Jang Hyuk thread. If you recall any more dramas where SL gets, the girl, please let me know, I usually have a huuuuge SLS!

Chuno is among my most favorite dramas. IT was basically the first Sageuk, where the central character was not a Royal, and the main story line involved common people and slaves. It shed some light on the lives of common people, and not the Royals. Plus the overall story was very good in my opinion. I loved the Slaves sub plot too, it is among the best sub plots of this drama. 

The action scenes and the overall cinematography of that drama was great too. 

I will tell you when I remember more dramas where the 2nd lead gets the girl :approves:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@corey I didn't really find "Because This Is My First Life" depressing. Had some depressing moments, but I liked the overall relationship buildup of ML and FL. Started off as total strangers indulging in fake marriage, and then they got closer slowly, understanding each other. So this one is among my most favorite dramas too. It did start slow, but got better for me. 

About Chuno, yeah, Daegil's life was so depressing. There is a scene where he cries (for the first time in drama), and that scene was too sad, even I felt sad for him. Jang Hyuk's performance in that could be among the best ones he has done till now. He got nominated for an international award too for this drama. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, corey said:

Yes, the story of the fake marriage turning real is ok, but when I think of the background of the characters I am shuddering inside. The guy, after bad relationship which his parents disapproved, absolutely dead inside. Actually planning his own death (not that he is suicidal, only coldly calculates that is ok to die in this particular room). He gets a bautiful roommate and he locks his door at night, for fear that she might jump him. Just how depressed you need to be to live like that.

The girl, 30, never dated or even kissed a guy, driven out of her own home, no steady job, loses her job, gets sexually harassed and walks the night in her pajamas just clutching her phone like a lifebuoy. Gets to live with a handsome guy and is too afraid even to kiss him properly and then leaves him for no apparent reason. Just how sexually repressed you need to be to live like that?

And I have a strong suspicion that this is indeed how youg S Koreans live... Very depressing...

Chingu, that could be how many live their lives. So I kind of found it be to be realistic. Not the fake marriage scenario, but the guy turning like that after his parent's disapproval of his relationship and the things that followed. Many actually would have become suicidal because of it. 

Also about the girl, well a lot of people don't have a steady job around that age, and sexual harassment is too common in many places. So yeah, as you said, that is how many young South Koreans maybe living, and not only them, that is how many young people could be living, and yes, it is sad and depressing.

But yeah, if I were to share my house with some stranger no matter what their gender is, even I would lock my room. But what I kind of liked was how they started opening up to each other. Didn't like the sudden leaving sub plot, but well, leaving that I liked the drama a lot. I recommended it to a non-Kdrama friend, and she loved it too. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, larus said:

Are you watching the drama? I thought you wanted to watch just the first episode to see your oppa. :D

I got hooked! :D 

Also oppa’s voice is featured in all the episodes.

When I hear oppa’s voice:

harry potter my body is ready GIF

• LOL 5

15 minutes ago, corey said:

@Sleepy Owl, I understand that people might love that drama. I did not say it was bad, on the contrary, it was rather good, but still depressing to me, so I would not want to repeat the experience. But I watched it not hating it at all.

I know what you mean, and I understand it. Even I usually try to avoid depressing dramas and movies, since well, I believe what I am watching is to enjoy and sometimes even forget my troubles for sometime (especially while watching comedies), and not to see depressing scenes happen in the drama to make my worries two fold :loolz:

Talking about Secret, I do love the drama, but well, with ML and FL I did have problems initially and honestly the plot is not that realistic, still I do like the drama overall. Maybe it was not for Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum's brilliant portrayals of the twisted characters, Ji Sung's especially, maybe I would have not liked it. But their acting made the drama seem realistic, even with not so real plot line. What makes me like the drama is the overall emotions involved and portrayed there by everyone. The main 4 were amazing, Bae Soo Bin was so good in the drama that I still hate his character in it. The plotline became better with each episodes. 

Plus I liked the character development of FL who from too innocent that her decisions were stupid went to a very mature woman later. 

But then again, as you said, that drama is the type of drama which not many have liked or even hated as in your case, and I totally understand the reason for it. 

1 minute ago, partyon said:

Also oppa’s voice is featured in all the episodes.

Is it confirmed Noona? Because as I said before, I would be too disappointed if the FL would start thinking in her own voice suddenly :evilelmo:

• Like 2
  • Blob 3