Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Dramas that premiere soon. I hope they aren't draggy....  

9 members have voted

1. 1. I am planning to watch (choose as many as you like)

• Dare to Love Me with L oppa. Aspiring webtoon writer in a noona romance (anyone is a noona now; she's only 2 years older than him, peeps).... (May 13)
    • The Brave Yong Soo Jung with Uhm Hyun Kyung unnie. Free spirited lady who is shy is secretly in love with a chaebol. But she meets the poor ML who is unknowingly also a chaebol. (May 6)
    • Bittersweet Hell with Kim Hee Sun unnie. Best psychological counselor and her MIL face each other's secrets due to their husband and son. Ready for showtime! (May 24)
    • Not Strong But Attractive Homicide Squad with unknown people - not even 4evrkdrama's oppas. A comedy crime investigation drama featuring people with few muscles. (May 22)
    • Connection with Ji Sung oppa. A crime investigation thriller depicting the distorted friendship of friends while tracking the death of a high school friend who died leaving behind 5 billion won in insurance money. Sounds intensive.(May 24)
    • The Midnight Romance with Wi Ha Joon oppa. Featuring abs. Who cares about the plot? (May 11)
    • Frankly Speaking with Go Kyung Po oppa. Crazy comedy. Probably only agenth, sweetroad and partyon who like this type of humor. (May 1)
    • The Atypical Family with no one's oppa Jang Ki Yong. He has a bad haircut. (May 4)
    • Crash with Heo Sung Tae who always plays an evil baddie. Looks like he might play a good guy for once. (May 13)
    • Begins Youth with Seo Ji Hoon oppa. Losely based on BTS's journey to success. (April 30)
    • Uncle Samsik. The plot sounds boring. Not gonna lie. (May 15)
    • The 8 Show with the guy who was just in a scandal. You know, Ms. Koko's oppa. Yes, that one. (May 17)
    • I've given up on kdramas
    • Something else. What?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/03/2024 at 02:00 PM

5 minutes ago, larus said:

Hide contents

It is always like this. The revenge is bad for everyone involved. There are no winners. Even when you think you won, you lost. I like the quote :" when you embark the journey of revenge, dig two graves." It is so true. And Pil Joo accepted that. I don`t think Pil Jo could have taked another route. That`s what make him a tragic character.  He was so messed up emotionally for what he had experienced, that he had to do it. This revenge idea probably took him alive. But it was an assumed decission.

He lost the woman he loved in the process but the fact that there is still a chance for him to find happiness after all this, it is a good ending for him.

Spoiler

Yeah, even Pil Joo repeated this multiple times in the final few episodes, that even if time is turned back, he would go for the same route, despite knowing it is against his mother's will, who didn't want him to go for revenge. And yes, since he has a chance for him to be free now, start things a new also with Mo Hyun, makes it a happy ending. We see even the new Chairman acknowledging him and is willing to give him back the position after he gets free from jail. Plus he had plans for Cheong A company after becoming an executive there, so there is a path he has chosen which does not involve revenge. 

But what made Mo Hyun and even Boo Cheon sad was him planning all this and enduring it for 20 years. Boo Cheon didn't tell his mom about Pil Joo real identity because he felt bad thinking about Pil Joo doing all this for 20 years. He knew he was doing it for revenge, but also wanted to protect him from his mom and others. That's why we see him trying to gain control over the company and send Pil Joo away to New York, which he fails to do. 

Another amazing thing was, Pil Joo having connections almost everywhere. He had his spies around Mal Ran, had connections with the Prosecutors Office and his true friend, who supported him throughout. 

As for Pil Joo winning, I don't really think he even felt good after all that. He lost his dear friend who was also his younger brother, but also their relationship was very similar to that and lost his love, which he didn't really fully. But I think at one point, Pil Joo realized he had to do it for the Organization itself. The organization needed reforms and for it, he had to gain control over it. 

By the way, you are really among those rare people who liked Misty's ending. 

+2

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

loved your comments on both Innocent Man and Secret first 2 episodes 

Thanks. I thought I was a little too critical but it was what I thought. I was honest with my feelings. :)

I said that I liked Misty`s ending. I know how it ended and I know that I was not upset like others about that ending but I wanted to remember how I felt. I look up and read my comments from episode 15 and 16. I said that I had mixed feelings but ultimately accepted/liked the sad ending. I liked the drama and I said that I watch another drama of this writer. Sadly I could not do it. She did not write anything else. I wonder why. I hope the writer will come up with another story. I am curious how it will be.

I remembered about a new project of this writer and I checked. She will write the drama with Soo Ae and Yoo Teo. I was planing to watch. :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

44 minutes ago, corey said:

Ha ha, that was the quote for the show "Revenge" I mentioned before - and you watched 4 seasons, right? I got DVDs for three seasons and in the extras, in the interviews they said they wanted a quote on revenge before each episode only to find that there are not that many quotes.

Yes, I watched all the seasons. The quote was from the show. They used the famous quote from Confucius. As I said I liked that quote. I did not know that they wanted to use different quotes in the beginning of each episodes. Interesting. Just like they are using quotes about time in SBS drama Alice. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

31 minutes ago, larus said:

Thanks. I thought I was a little too critical but it was what I thought. I was honest with my feelings. :)

I said that I liked Misty`s ending. I know how it ended and I know that I was not upset like others about that ending but I wanted to remember how I felt. I look up and read my comments from episode 15 and 16. I said that I had mixed feelings but ultimately accepted/liked the sad ending. I liked the drama and I said that I watch another drama of this writer. Sadly I could not do it. She did not write anything else. I wonder why. I hope the writer will come up with another story. I am curious how it will be.

I remembered about a new project of this writer and I checked. She will write the drama with Soo Ae and Yoo Teo. I was planing to watch. :P

I think critical comments are fun to read. I do agree with almost all the points you pointed out about both dramas. 

As for Misty, there was room for much better ending, even with while keeping culprit the same. On one hand I do understand his decision in the end, because he was feeling guilty, but well, he could have avoided an innocent man going to prison in place of him by confessing and not letting him confess. That dude confessed to a crime he never did, was in jail for a crime he never. I mean his story was the saddest one out there. He Pulled off Kang Ma Roo confession move again, so the couple would live happily only to see husband killing himself. 

That was what I really disliked. They could have shown husband getting arrested, and killing himself in prison, or left the case unsolved with him killing himself again. That would be better ending for me. Anyway, but since I liked most of the drama, I won't say I disliked it, I actually liked it very much, but ending was Meh for me. 

Soo Ae with a new drama after years, I am in for it. 

11 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, I watched all the seasons. The quote was from the show. They used the famous quote from Confucius. As I said I liked that quote. I did not know that they wanted to use different quotes in the beginning of each episodes. Interesting. Just like they are using quotes about time in SBS drama Alice. :)

I have heard that quote in many dramas, anime and TV series and read it in a couple books too as far as I remember. It is pretty famous one. 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1