Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Hi @mirmz! I just saw your tag right now. lol

@mademoisellesia I think Faith and City Hunter are his best characters by far. Which is saying something because I am a *HUGE* fan of Hana Yori Dango. :lol: 

Edit to add: @mademoisellesia Only show where a kiss took SEVENTEEN EPISODES to happen and I wasn't even mad....

4 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I think Faith and City Hunter are his best characters by far. Which is saying something because I am a *HUGE* fan of Hana Yori Dango.

Yes agree. Those two were best. I like Lee Gon too so there's now 3 out of the rest.

Hana Yori Dango was remake too much. Did you read/watch all of the versions (Manga, TW, JP, Korea and recently China's)?

I stopped at BoF and decided, OK, that's enough Hana Yori Dango. It also happened that the manga also concluded then so I have my closure - the real ending :D

EDIT: Neither was I. Were you watching it live at the time? And hanging out in Soompi?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Yes agree. Those two were best. I like Lee Gon too so there's now 3 out of the rest.

Hana Yori Dango was remake too much. Did you read/watch all of the versions (Manga, TW, JP, Korea and recently China's)?

I stopped at BoF and decided, OK, that's enough Hana Yori Dango. It also happened that the manga also concluded then so I have my closure - the real ending :D

I actually started out with the manga/anime [my best friend is a huge manga fan and got me into it. I'm still searching for the novel version of some of my favorites cuz they're old old old; like Arakure and Boku no Hatsukoi wo kimi ni Sasagu] so I watched the Japanese version with Mao Inoue and Matsumoto Jun first in the live action versions. I haven't watched the TW or CH versions of it but I've seen all the others. The KO one was the last one I watched and I hated all the changes they made to Tsukushi so much that I just never watched another version. 

When I want to see it now, I own the Japanese version including the movie. :lol: 

Edit: @mademoisellesia I was not watching it live. I came into it afterward. Funny thing is, a friend from work was actually watching My Love from the Stars live at the same time I got into K-dramas. She kept trying to get me to watch it but I was on a LMH kick and stuck on Faith/City Hunter so I didn't watch it live.

Then a couple years later, I ended up watching MLftS and LOVED it. All I could do was facepalm at myself for not watching it at a time when I could have been gushing about it to someone else. 

I didn't discover Soompi until late 2016 I think? I lurked for a few months before I signed up so whatever is a couple months before my sign up date is when I found Soompi. :lol: 

@mirmz I'm not very good at checking my notifications when I'm posting actively on this thread. I just assume they're reactions and ignore the climbing red number. So you're better off tagging me in a later post that I haven't read yet if you want me to see it. :heart3:

+2

1 minute ago, phikyl said:

@mirmz I'm not very good at checking my notifications when I'm posting actively on this thread. I just assume they're reactions and ignore the climbing red number. So you're better off tagging me in a later post that I haven't read yet if you want me to see it. 

welp that's something to remember lol

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I actually started out with the manga/anime [my best friend is a huge manga fan and got me into it. I'm still searching for the novel version of some of my favorites cuz they're old old old; like Arakure and Boku no Hatsukoi wo kimi ni Sasagu] so I watched the Japanese version with Mao Inoue and Matsumoto Jun first in the live action versions. I haven't watched the TW or CH versions of it but I've seen all the others. The KO one was the last one I watched and I hated all the changes they made to Tsukushi so much that I just never watched another version. 

When I want to see it now, I own the Japanese version including the movie.

The Japanese version was more true to the original, isn't it? Trying to remember now it's been so long ago. TW's season 1 was following the manga until the near end because the manga was still going and then they whipped up their own in season 2. 

I probably can re-read the manga again, but can't rewatch any of them. I tried on Netflix for Korean version after TKEM ended, but wow, goosebumps. It's bad. I had to question myself how I finish them 10 years ago. :lol: Going back to watch them has become cringing in general because the taste has changed and the standard of quality has become higher as time passes.

+2 (506)

• Like 2