Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 hours ago, triplem said:

going thru the posts and seeing many lovely oppas posted by @wallflowersforjane 

My little "you did well"  gift to all the battle warriors! :kiss_wink:

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

hahaha i think i'm an alcoholic... i love most alco except for, extra dry gin.

Hahaha! I don't have any soju at home and I think I need to rectify this oversight soon. :D I like most alcohol but vodka. I just can't take to it, but I keep trying them anyway because the flavours always look so interesting. The other day I saw a chestnut makgeolli at the supermarket and I am really curious about it!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

I like most alcohol but vodka

I pretty much live on whipped cream flavored vodka and rum. :lol: I can't handle gin though. Tastes like grass to me.....

7 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Oh particles. ./groan. 

I was hoping I'd do better with Chinese because it's supposed to eliminate a lot of that but I can't get the accents correct there. :lol: Granted, it's only been a couple months since I seriously started studying it. 

Yep, I got stumped by Japanese "ni", "ga", "wa" etc and that's likely not even all.

Chinese is difficult, not just with the accents, the writing as well (coz it isn't alphabet). Plus one word has its meanings. When combined can have other meanings etc.

:crazily:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Yep, I got stumped by Japanese "ni", "ga", "wa" etc and that's likely not even all.

Chinese is difficult, not just with the accents, the writing as well (coz it isn't alphabet). Plus one word has its meanings. When combined can have other meanings etc.

I'm actually completely skipping the writing portion. I just want to learn to speak it! 

Korean though; I want to be able to speak/read/write that. 

It's strange but before I started watching dramas, I never thought of Korean/Chinese as lyrical languages but they really are.

+2

13 minutes ago, phikyl said:
23 minutes ago, bairama said:

Where r u last nighttt

I had to work a split shift. Got home and passed out after being up 22 hours. I woke up after like 4 hours of sleep to try to play but you guys were already done. 

Youve worked hard:cold_sweat::kiss_wink: ngl tho im glad so i can sleep sooner, so close to up all night long hahahahahahhhh

Edited by bairama
  • Like 4

@phikyl

I'll be happy with just able to converse as well.

At times I wish I could read Korean purely because I want to be able to read the scripts or novels. Like Faith, a lot was omitted from the script and there were 2 volumes of novel published. I had wanted to be able to read them. But we were lucky that some fans translated bits and pieces and shared online.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I pretty much live on whipped cream flavored vodka and rum. :lol: I can't handle gin though. Tastes like grass to me.....

Oh my, what is that! Googling it now. Do you drink it neat or mixed with the rum.

I do love a good gin & tonic, but definitely not straight on its own. Unless it's a new gin I am trying and I want to taste it. I recently had a really lovely chrysanthemum gin & tonic, it was such an unexpectedly good combination!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

*in a small voice*... I also can't tell whether I've got mine too...

Not knowing how it works, I've been depositing the ones earned everyday so now viewing the Transaction history I have no idea which was is interest :D paid out.

+2 (492)

I was trying to figure this out. And this is what I did. Since the interest payout isn't listed individually as a transaction, I checked my last transaction balance on 15 July and compared it with the first transaction balance of 16 July. The difference should be your interest. Hopefully you can remember what your interest was supposed to be as of 15 July though! (+ @Alice Wonderland)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@phikyl

I'll be happy with just able to converse as well.

At times I wish I could read Korean purely because I want to be able to read the scripts or novels. Like Faith, a lot was omitted from the script and there were 2 volumes of novel published. I had wanted to be able to read them. But we were lucky that some fans translated bits and pieces and shared online.

Oooo there's novels?! Where can I find them?! 

The alphabet itself is easy to learn and I just keep a couple dictionaries handy so I can look up words. It's really slow going but super satisfying when you start to be able to read a full sentence without cracking open the dictionary. :Megalol:

8 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Oh my, what is that! Googling it now. Do you drink it neat or mixed with the rum.

Neat.

The vodka I actually bought because my favorite drink is called a Birthday Cake. It's a shooter that's like half whipped Vodka, half Frangelico and then a lemon coated in sugar. It tastes SO GOOD. But the vodka alone isn't half bad. 

I'm not usually a fan of mixed drinks because I have fruit allergies so I have to be REALLY careful about which ones I consume [I'm deathly allergic to pineapple but people tell me to try Caribou Lou's all the time; even knowing that. ./facepalm] so it's just a lot easier for me to drink things neat.

I've always wanted to try a good Scotch though... But I don't want to spend that kind of money on a bottle only to find out I hate it like I did with Baileys Original Irish Cream. 

@phikyl there are some reasonably priced single malt scotch are like aberlour which is quite good for leisure chill and drink.

macallan, glenlivet and those japanese suntory are more pricey... suitable for special occasions.

but, alcohols are generally pricey in singapore due to the tariffs.

smirnoffs... i was "gold struck" many years ago... and had to try those with the beautiful gold flakes inside... goldschlager!! smirnoffs!! lol those were the days

:doggie:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

I was trying to figure this out. And this is what I did. Since the interest payout isn't listed individually as a transaction, I checked my last transaction balance on 15 July and compared it with the first transaction balance of 16 July. The difference should be your interest. Hopefully you can remember what your interest was supposed to be as of 15 July though! (+ @Alice Wonderland)

It's confusing for mine coz I've 3 deposits (but not the amount it tells me I'll receive) on 15 July and because I thought the day has carried over to 17 July so I withdrew some points to get the sushi cat and then it is still registered as 16 July. *Confused*

:sweats:

8 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Oooo there's novels?! Where can I find them?!

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/faith-translations/#comments

Enjoy reading :)

*NO number* - don't want to confuse people that already posted after this.

• Like 5