Add and Subtract Game

Admin

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@themarchioness what?!?!? That's insane?!?! It's a popular franchise though...sigh. but you have the whole theatre for yourself, which is great I guess. Hahaha. Happy watching!

Well... consider the market.  It's popular in Asia.  But, in the US, unless you're into Asian dramas, pop culture, etc., why would you know about ISWAK - the manga or its many adaptations?  :P  At least for my area, I know they try and show the movie in the theaters that are located in densely Asian populated areas, which is why I had to travel beyond my local theaters to watch it, but I'm not sure how much marketing the movie production does to draw in viewers.  I would not have known to look for it if hadn't seen the online forum chatter this past week that it was having a limited release on February 14, but notice: that was me seeking it out, and not the other way around.  Sometimes for Korean movies, the production companies will push ads on FB so I'll at least know about them via that method but the Chinese movies never seem to do that.  Also, I went to a matinee show and I don't know if that played into the lack of a crowd. I'd like to think that more people are going at other times, but I don't know.  This is why I like to go and support these foreign movies whenever I'm interested and can, though, because I don't want them to stop bring them to my area just because they think people aren't interested.

It was kind of nice having a theater all to myself though . @lynne22 will appreciate (and get this), but midway through the movie I had the sudden realization that if I had a Little Uncle Ji next to me, I'd be living out my own "Healing Sunshine."  :joy:

As for the movie itself, which I know you, Lynne, and @mouse007 wanted to know about, it was cute.  Definitely ISWAK on speed, which was to be expected given that it was confined to 2 hours, but I thought they did a good job when selecting which scenes to incorporate to get the point of the story across.  They also included new things, which made it fresh and interesting.  Certainly, it was better than the "Miss in Kiss" remake version, which @phikyl and I nearly died trying to get through.  Haha.  One thing that stood out to me though was this was probably the meanest Zhi Shu I have ever met.  I feel like the other Zhi Shu's have been mostly dismissive with the occasional caustic comment, but I don't know if it's because the story was truncated or what, but at one point I just thought to myself, "I do not know why you like him, girl."  But they tied the story up in such a way that it all worked out and made sense, and that's all that mattered.  If you guys want a full recap of the movie, I could be persuaded with enough bribes, but first I have to eat dinner and watch my weekly dose of "Running Man."   :P 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, triplem said:

@abnoch Please ask your sis to go reset her password. On the login page, there's a forgot PW button. Use that to reset via your email. We had technical update earlier this week causing all of us to have to do this.

Ok thanks already told her about login issue info, she is just busy with school things so she did not direct reset it

• Like 2

@themarchioness ugh don’t even mention “Miss In Kiss”. It was so horrendous I couldn’t even get past 1 episode. I think I even tried skipping to the good parts of the story to see if I would be motivated to watch the entire thing and nope. Didn’t feel anything. I was so upset with it because I felt like it was such a disgrace to the ISWAK franchise. Lol

I don’t know if they released the movie here in Canada. I only found out about the movie a few days ago so I didn’t get a chance to check out the theatres if they were showing it anywhere. I may have to wait until a subbed version becomes available online anywhere. 

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

It was kind of nice having a theater all to myself though . @lynne22 will appreciate (and get this), but midway through the movie I had the sudden realization that if I had a Little Uncle Ji next to me, I'd be living out my own "Healing Sunshine."  :joy:

:tears: I want a Little Uncle Ji of my own..... lols.... 

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

As for the movie itself, which I know you, Lynne, and @mouse007 wanted to know about, it was cute.  Definitely ISWAK on speed, which was to be expected given that it was confined to 2 hours, but I thought they did a good job when selecting which scenes to incorporate to get the point of the story across.  They also included new things, which made it fresh and interesting.  Certainly, it was better than the "Miss in Kiss" remake version, which @phikyl and I nearly died trying to get through.  Haha.  One thing that stood out to me though was this was probably the meanest Zhi Shu I have ever met.  I feel like the other Zhi Shu's have been mostly dismissive with the occasional caustic comment, but I don't know if it's because the story was truncated or what, but at one point I just thought to myself, "I do not know why you like him, girl."  But they tied the story up in such a way that it all worked out and made sense, and that's all that mattered.  If you guys want a full recap of the movie, I could be persuaded with enough bribes, but first I have to eat dinner and watch my weekly dose of "Running Man."   :P 

Ouch... you had me hurting at "the meanest Zhi Shu" lols... sigh.. Double ouchie for me being sorry to this Xiang Qin... from the trailer she's a still the bubbly and sincere xiang qin right??

LOL..I think the only ISWAK remake I watched was the Thai version.. and I still end up loving the original more.. lols.. 

Andddd yessssss looking forward to your recaps :lol: You're the best @themarchioness love kiss leaf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@themarchioness have you seen this? I just love Chen Yu :wub:

Hahahaha, yeah... I think it was @angelangie who posted that in the thread yesterday.  He cracks me up, and I love how he surreptitiously finger points to her first before starting his act.  Chen Yu . . . he makes me have heart eyes!

P.S. Starting on the movie recap for you guys, but may have to finish it tomorrow.

• Thanks 2

@mouse007 Ehmm.. ehmm... Cheng Yu learn from the best LOLS... which is Hua Bu QI herself :D 

Its quite amusing that Bu Qi let herself falls to his tricks.. these two are so cute! 

Its Monday.. but I feel so tired already :sweatingbullets:.... Can the clock move faster pleaseee......giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2