2 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

Based on this person's posts, the bits with JH were sparse and had been shown in the trailer already. They and another fan are peeved about that. Maybe the first episode is setting things up and he'll have more screen time (alongside the other judges) in the other episodes. I remember seeing a pic of him with some containers in the background, so there is likely more to come. But if I understood correctly, the focus is on the stunt people so it makes sense the judges are in the background

Yeah usually the focus of this type of programmes will be on the contestants rather than the judges. I think they will probably show more of him in the episode which he himself demonstrate the stunts as we saw in the trailers.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Found only this- his imitations are actually funny, and he doesn't go for the obvious imitations- 

https://youtu.be/Ub6_p-sqYak?t=134

Lol! This was cute and yeah at least he is not doing Chuno. At least it feels like he has actually observed JH. I don’t mind these imitations because it seems JH has a unique way of speaking. Is he like a korean Christopher Walken? (everyone has a CW impression in Hollywood lol) I mean its amusing (to me) when they do something that is not the typical yelling in Chuno. 

• Like 4

Chae Jung-an joins the drama "Family"...Collaboration with Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara

Actress Chae Jung-an will join the new drama "Family."

According to a report by Spotify News on the 29th Nov, Chae Jung-an will appear in the new drama "Family" and work with the main characters Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-ra.

"Family" tells the story of a two-faced husband as an ordinary office worker and killer, and his wife struggling for their family. It is a drama in which actors Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-ra work together for the third time, drawing keen attention.

In addition, Kim Nam-hee who is currently active in "Reborn Rich", and choreographer Gabi will appear in the drama too, adding rich charm to it.

Chae Jung-an recently appeared in SBS's "Entertainer" JTBC's "Man-to-Man," KBS2's "Suits," and JTBC's "Monthly Magazine Home". She also played the role of independent and sincere veteran detective Kang Jin-ah in the TVing original "King of Pigs," which was released in March, drawing attention for the first time since her debut.

Also on MBC's variety programme "Hang out with Yoo", she appeared as "Jessica Part-time" in the WSG Wannabe project, revealing her unexpected wit, frankness, outspoken entertainment, and sloppy unexpected charm. Attention is focusing on what kind of characters will be shown in this work.

Meanwhile, the "Family" is discussing to be aired in 2023.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000397341

Spoiler

▲ 채정안. 제공|키이스트

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hi all, another slow news day I see! I hope everyone is doing well

I'm about to go into hibernation, hopefully until April 2023 (wish me luck!). Merry Xmas in advance to you and your families. God willing, we'll meet again in the new year :loveu:

EDIT: @dramafan33 almost forgot to ask, did you finish Flower of Evil? I'm on episode 13, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. While I don't hate the show - found it's not as drag-gy in the beginning as some other shows I tried to watch - I don't love it either (too melodramatic perhaps?). Will defo watch till the end because I'm curious although I figured it out pretty early on that his fake family were part of the main plot

Spoiler

I thought the dad / doctor was the accomplice rather than the son who was on life support

Maybe I'm being picky because I was also rather meh about Wakanda Forever, which I saw recently though I don't necessarily think it was a bad film

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@YouwinJH I did finish Flower of Evil and while I appreciated the main leads rapport/chemistry and the little girl, I did get at times annoyed with some melodramatic moments. Especially during the final episodes. 

Spoiler

The first time the male lead cried I was thrilled. Then it got repetitive and lost its power. 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2022 at 12:03 AM, YouwinJH said:

Based on this person's posts, the bits with JH were sparse and had been shown in the trailer already. They and another fan are peeved about that. Maybe the first episode is setting things up and he'll have more screen time (alongside the other judges) in the other episodes. I remember seeing a pic of him with some containers in the background, so there is likely more to come. But if I understood correctly, the focus is on the stunt people so it makes sense the judges are in the background

I guess it makes sense, but this is why I hoped the judges will not be just judges, but will provide some levity to the show... I really hope the show will be funny, at least a bit

OTT: I was just thinking the other day that I would love JH to play a character like Raymond Reddington. Unhinged, ruthlesss and brilliant / manipulative - kind of a modern day Bangwon. I guess Pil-joo is somewhat similar but Raymond is much more animated and eccentric and dare I say passionate (not necessarily in a romantic way but that can be changed too). I would like to see a Kdrama version of the Blacklist, with the daughter character changed to an ex-wife or former lover in order to justify having a younger Raymond played by JH. Another character that has been mentioned before I think is Patrick Jane. Wasn't there a project in the works? Has it been shelved?

Thanks for sharing! I recently watched him in Uncanny Encounter and thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him...

I think the character in TMWYS is even better that Patrick Jane, it's just a pity they didn't focus on him more.

I guess I'm the only who doesn't like people imitating him even if this particular actor respects him. It borders on mockery and I can see why JH was annoyed on Ugly Duckling

EDIT: @Biology Lessonyou've always wondered where his Korean fans were. They do exist on Twitter but they write in Korean and don't use the JH tag. Usually if you stumble on one account it can lead you to the others because they're are reblogging and replying to each other. These account often have really good gifs and photos

Oh, I've noticed JH's fans on twitter, it's just that they are not very active, especially when it matters, meaning when a show or a movie of his comes out

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I guess it makes sense, but this is why I hoped the judges will not be just judges, but will provide some levity to the show... I really hope the show will be funny, at least a bit

I would love if he played that tag game on the 1st episode. So funny :getmygrooveon:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

"Super Action" actor Jang Hyuk praised Freedom team's action performance.

In tvN's entertainment program "Super Action," which aired on the 4th, "Action Masterpiece Remake" was given as the first mission. In the super action on this day, the Freedom Team remade the drama "All of Us are Deadl" for the second time after the Orthodox team, and performed live action on the spot.

Before the live action, Freedom was conscious of Orthodox's live action and said, "I think the points to watch will be extreme. He mentioned that he increased his immersion with his acting skills rather than big action. Freedom had a conflict where Joo Chang-wook and Lee Kun-woo could not narrow their differences on the drop stunt point, but overcame it and showed a perfect passionate performance.

After completing the live action of Freedom, the three judges compared the live action of Freedom and the live action of Orthodox.

Film director Kang Yoon-sung said, "Orthodox had great live action. It is not easy to do live action while running the long distance of the cloud bridge, but it is great to digest it. "I thought I put my soul into this mission," he praised. As for the Freedom team, he said, "I was surprised to see the video. The acting and the last twist were good. "I thought it was a carefully planned composition," he replied. However, in the end, he voted for Orthodox who showed difficult action.

Actor Jang Hyuk then said, "Orthodox had a cool action. The story seems to have been constructed between the actions. The build-up process for the last stunt and the extreme situation were set to heighten the tension. But what's unfortunate is that it was an predictable story," he added. On the other hand, Freedom said, "The creative composition was different. The last unexpected twist has come anew. "Fancy action is good, but the story composition is important, so I will choose Freedom," he said, and finally voted.

Finally, action actor Lee In-seop showed deep anguish over the final choice, saying, "It's too hard to decide." MC Jeon Hyun-moo advised, "Choose the side where your heart leans even a little," but he did not appear which team he chose on today's broadcast. Viewers are paying keen attention to Lee In-seop's evaluation results because it is an important mission for the two teams to be eliminated as well as the top and bottom through Lee In-seop's evaluation.

2022120420495974449_1.jpg

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2022120420495974449

• Thanks 3

IHQ released a news article of some of its artistes, Jang Hyuk's portion:

Media entertainment group IHQ artists are spending the end of the year hotter than ever with their unrivaled activities this year.

"Actor I trust and watch." Jang Hyuk... 

Jang Hyuk, the "signboard" of IHQ met the public through the drama "Bloody Heart" and the movie "The Killer: A Girl Who Deserves to Die" this year. For his role in historical drama  'Bloody Heart, he was praised as an acting master who viewers can trust and watch.

He also won the Action Cinema Award at the New York Asian Film Festival for "The Killer". Jang Hyuk's sincerity about action can also be seen through tvN's "Super Action" as one of the judges. In 2023, he will work with Jang Na-ra for the third time and meet with viewers through the drama "Family."

84593_72546_5050.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1