Entering into the penultimate week of April. Maybe we'll get some casting news soon

Also, there was a VIP screening of the latest Roundup movie. Yep as I suspected (though it's still only an assumption) JH and MDS are friendly but not friends

O.T. Saw Monkey Man last night, which was sentimental but enjoyable overall. Another John Wick inspired film - he even trained a stray dog to do his bidding

Fairly decent world building and character development. He bled, got whooped a lot and lost his nerve on occasion.  Makes sense because he wasn't a seasoned / trained killer but a young man with a cause. Not sure what Dev Patel's credentials are in martial arts etc but he was convincing in the fight scenes. I would say he and JH are in the same weight class albeit he looks taller. Goes to show that with today's technology and good directing and choreography, you can't gatekeep the action genre. Though the quality can be varied. All in all, I enjoyed it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

His new post. Think it's the same as the one he posted in March. Just a closer shot.

He even used it as his profile pic.. sometimes I am really doubtful about his aesthetic judgement 🙄

• LOL 3

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

He even used it as his profile pic.. sometimes I am really doubtful about his aesthetic judgement 🙄

:hwaiting2:I'm beyond baffled by his selfy posts... He seems to think the emo look, hair on his face, is cool looking :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Randomly came across this article about this K-town actor making his HW debut. I know him from passively watching Flower of Evil

https://www.instagram.com/p/C58xzzxJkKL/?igsh=MXhocG55MnY2ZjN4bw==

Seems like the production is a mixed cast of K-town and Asian American and other actors. Rooting for Daniel Dae Kim who I know from Hawaii 5-0 and as producer of the HW adaption of The Good Doctor

Anyway it also got me thinking about Park Seo-joon's stint on The Marvels (which I haven't seen but aware enough that fans felt tricked by the marketing) and even MDS's turn on The Eternals (which I did see but it didn't do much for me)

I'm partly curious about what JH's HW debut would be but mostly sceptical. Though at this rate I just want some casting news and don't mind if I end up hating the role and the show / film. I just want him to be in something because I'm literally seeing casting news every day thanks to the IG algorithm

Butterfly is a good comparator because it is in the action genre. It also imo shows the limits of the HW dream for foreign actors, namely I see Asian American actors as a distinctive group from Ktown or Ctown actors doing HW roles

I also think that there is a distinction between doing a HW film such as The Eternals and The Marvels and being in HW made foreign films. I recently watched Perfect Days, which is a Japanese movie made by a German filmmaker. I would always prefer this scenario versus the other. Better roles, characterisation, performance - pretty much better on multiple dimensions. I also know JH is learning English so he's interested in doing roles in HW films. It's his perogative and fingers crossed there are opportunities but I reserve the right to be sceptical

That said someone like Michelle Yeoh gives me hope it can be done. Come to think of it Everything Everywhere All At Once was made by one the Russo brothers and centred on the Asian American experience - again the difference is what or who it's centring on. And the point still stands that it is better im9 to be in a Netflix / Disney / Prime made or HW made Korean production versus getting a bit role in a HW movie. That said, he can do what he likes and, at this rate, I just want some casting news and I'm less (up to a point!) picky

I also see what Daniel Dae Kim is doing as a producer and somehow hope this is the direction of travel JH is heading in. It makes sense to me. Even if it's not, at least other actors are doing things differently, which is something he can learn from. Hopefully he gets chances to network with likeminded people

• Like 1

@Prettysup is this some casting news at last? 800 billion budget seems unrealistic. When you convert it to USD that's over 500 mil. One of the Star Wars films currently holds to record for biggest movie budget but that was over 400 mil. The last two Avenger movies spent over a 1 billion

He might be doing a franchise film next as I suspected but the last Rush Hour film only had a budget of 150 mil. I imagine the show will reveal it is both true (HW casting) and a lie (the budget isn't 800 bn won). Otherwise why would he publicise something ridiculous to be proven a lie?

• Insightful 1

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Preview of "Truth or Seting" Ep 2 tomorrow.

The first protagonist is actor Jang Hyuk, who achieved his Hollywood dream. Is his daily life true when he was cast in a 800 billion blockbuster movie? 

https://n.news.naver.com/article/087/0001041787?sid=102

What's with the kissing in this show? In Kdramas they won't have kissing, but in a variety show they will show a french kiss?

The number does seem fantastical... I hope the truth will be a small budget movie. More control for JH

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

@Prettysup is this some casting news at last? 800 billion budget seems unrealistic. When you convert it to USD that's over 500 mil. One of the Star Wars films currently holds to record for biggest movie budget but that was over 400 mil. The last two Avenger movies spent over a 1 billion

He might be doing a franchise film next as I suspected but the last Rush Hour film only had a budget of 150 mil. I imagine the show will reveal it is both true (HW casting) and a lie (the budget isn't 800 bn won). Otherwise why would he publicise something ridiculous to be proven a lie?

Yeah I also think so, the casting is true but the budget is a lie.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

What's with the kissing in this show? In Kdramas they won't have kissing, but in a variety show they will show a french kiss?

The number does seem fantastical... I hope the truth will be a small budget movie. More control for JH

Haha, I thought those 2 kissing are a couple in real life?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

Ya.. I guess we will know tomorrow. Can't wait to find out more!

55 minutes ago, Prettysup said:
2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Haha, I thought those 2 kissing are a couple in real life?

Yes..haha...they are engaged I think. But still too much kissing for a variety show. Most probably trying to boost the ratings with steamy scenes..

• Like 1

News coming out of IG is that a contract has been signed. It's 6 films at a $100mil each which is why the 800bn won quoted was so big. Sounds amazing if true. He'll be employed for at least 6 years and it looks like his action crew will also be involved. Reserving further judgment until I know what it is - story wise.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/jshgrace/3359791216737966910?igsh=MTF0MXYxcHdqdzRjZg==

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

He's so cool and seems more confident speaking in English now.

《Real or Reel》[Episode 2] 

Jang Hyuk confessed on the show that he decided to enter Hollywood.

On this day, Jang Hyuk focused on studying English from the morning. Regarding this, Jang Hyuk said, “I’ve been taking English classes these days. “I want to have conversations without an interpreter during events such as film festivals,” he said. In response, Park Jun-hyung, who is close to Jang Hyuk, said, “I do everything myself, without a manager.”

After eating a light snack, Jang Hyuk headed to the boxing gym. In particular, Jang Hyuk passed the pro test at the age of 49. As soon as he entered the gym, he warmed up by lightly jumping rope and then worked out without saying a word for two hours. In response, Kyuhyun exclaimed, “He can’t gain weight.”

Jang Hyuk, who took a break after working out for two hours, was drenched in sweat and his body was feeling hot. Mimi was surprised to see this, and Jang Hyuk explained, “When you sweat, (fever) goes up.”

Meanwhile, Jang Hyuk suddenly made a video call with someone in English, drawing attention. The other person was an employee of an American agency. Jang Hyuk made a surprising announcement, saying, “I can’t tell you exactly because there are conditions when signing the contract, but it is true that I will enter Hollywood and work in films.” In other words, following Ma Dong-seok, Bae Doo-na, and Lee Byung-hun, he entered Hollywood.

When asked how he got the call, Jang Hyuk said, “The movie ‘The Killer’ was released in the United States. When he went to the premiere, he met a lot of officials. So what happened from there? “He is a director whose work is known to everyone,” he said. “He gave suggestions not only to actors but also to martial arts directors. The production cost for a total of 6 episodes was 600 million dollars (KRW 8,000), adding to the surprise.

Wonder if it's real or fake? We'll only know at the end of the episode when they reveal the truth.

Source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/109/0005070413

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He's so cool and seems more confident speaking in English now.

《Real or Reel》[Episode 2] 

Jang Hyuk confessed on the show that he decided to enter Hollywood.

On this day, Jang Hyuk focused on studying English from the morning. Regarding this, Jang Hyuk said, “I’ve been taking English classes these days. “I want to have conversations without an interpreter during events such as film festivals,” he said. In response, Park Jun-hyung, who is close to Jang Hyuk, said, “I do everything myself, without a manager.”

After eating a light snack, Jang Hyuk headed to the boxing gym. In particular, Jang Hyuk passed the pro test at the age of 49. As soon as he entered the gym, he warmed up by lightly jumping rope and then worked out without saying a word for two hours. In response, Kyuhyun exclaimed, “He can’t gain weight.”

Jang Hyuk, who took a break after working out for two hours, was drenched in sweat and his body was feeling hot. Mimi was surprised to see this, and Jang Hyuk explained, “When you sweat, (fever) goes up.”

Meanwhile, Jang Hyuk suddenly made a video call with someone in English, drawing attention. The other person was an employee of an American agency. Jang Hyuk made a surprising announcement, saying, “I can’t tell you exactly because there are conditions when signing the contract, but it is true that I will enter Hollywood and work in films.” In other words, following Ma Dong-seok, Bae Doo-na, and Lee Byung-hun, he entered Hollywood.

When asked how he got the call, Jang Hyuk said, “The movie ‘The Killer’ was released in the United States. When he went to the premiere, he met a lot of officials. So what happened from there? “He is a director whose work is known to everyone,” he said. “He gave suggestions not only to actors but also to martial arts directors. The production cost for a total of 6 episodes was 600 million dollars (KRW 8,000), adding to the surprise.

Wonder if it's real or fake? We'll only know at the end of the episode when they reveal the truth.

Source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/109/0005070413

I've been watching Modern Family and I have been thinking JH needs to go Sofia Vergara's rout- no need to try and make his English sound perfect. Lean into the accent and go for the funny. 

Six episodes... I wonder what that is about... Glad to see he's showing swords fighting. If whatever project he's doing in historical, than I'm confident JH can make it big

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Actor Jang Hyuk revealed his daily life, where he is currently concentrating on studying English while entering Hollywood productions, and it was revealed to be a 'setup' rather than the truth, shocking the MCs.

:sad1:

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/213/0001294372

Still don't understand why he would set himself up like this. The only positive thing about him not taking himself seriously / mocking himself like this is that he is mentally strong and is clearly unfazed if things don't work out

• LOL 1