15 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

But that show's rating wasn't that high considering it was a weekend drama. It only averaged 9.7% compared to Bloody Heart's 6.65% (might have been because of the controversy). I can't speak for the other guy's acting because I didn't watch the show but if it's a popularity contest (which I suspect it is) then most likely he'd win daesang. I'm still miffed that JH won no awards for My Country - even though he wasn't the lead they could have accommodated him in a special category or honorary mention especially since he missed out on a Baeksang award for Money Flower (another bloody travesty)

My Country was aired by JTBC, they dont have any in-house awards, so the odds of getting one from a cable channel is much lower. Anyway Baeksang is a tough fight every year, so many dramas fighting for that few awards is hard.

• Like 3

@YouwinJH I recently watched “Flower of Evil”, the main couple are married with an adorable kid and I was pleasantly surprised by their chemistry, playful banter and really nice kissing. Of course its a completely different genre but its also about a guy hiding his “true self” from his wife. I have hope for Family and still don’t want extra marital heat in it :P 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Korean media's speculation of KBS daesang award this year

Yoon Shi-yoon (It's Beautiful Now)

Lee Seung-gi (Law cafe)

Cha Ye-ryun (Golden Mask)

Ha Ji-won (Curtain Call)

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202211250740653476&ext=na&utm_campaign=naver_news&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=related_news

Having not seen any of these shows, I actually don't think that JH should win daesang for BH. I don't think it was his best performance, nor was it the best show. It was unique, it was different, it had some spectacular moments, and I do hope it will bring more leading roles for LJ and KHN, and of course for the dowager queen, but to this day it feels to me more like an experiment rather than a show. Too focused on visuals and individual moments, than telling a cohesive story and developing characters. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@YouwinJH I recently watched “Flower of Evil”, the main couple are married with an adorable kid and I was pleasantly surprised by their chemistry, playful banter and really nice kissing. Of course its a completely different genre but its also about a guy hiding his “true self” from his wife. I have hope for Family and still don’t want extra marital heat in it :P 

I was thinking of watching this show and now you've convinced me to. It's refreshing to see a married couple being affectionate and in-lust with each other - the standard tends to be having all the lovey-dovey stuff during courtship which then fizzles after years of marriage weariness. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the main couple in Family but hey-ho not opposed to some other female having the hots for him even if it's one-side. Think of it as an insurance policy / back up plan because it will be a crime if that look is wasted on a frigid marriage :joy:. For now, my expectations are rather low but hoping to be pleasantly surprised

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Having not seen any of these shows, I actually don't think that JH should win daesang for BH. I don't think it was his best performance, nor was it the best show. It was unique, it was different, it had some spectacular moments, and I do hope it will bring more leading roles for LJ and KHN, and of course for the dowager queen, but to this day it feels to me more like an experiment rather than a show. Too focused on visuals and individual moments, than telling a cohesive story and developing characters. 

I generally agree that this show was more about style over substance. Performance wise though the only gripe is that JH did not have enough screen time and character development and backstory with queen dowager were fairly condensed into a series of montages. He did have bucket loads of gravitas and he elevated the role, which would have been rather flat if someone less him had taken it on. I think it is an award winning performance but maybe as a scene stealer (let's face it he commanded your attention every time he appeared) rather than a lead role

• Like 2

'Knowing Bros' Song Jin-woo, a genius who captivated Lee Byung-hun and Jang Hyuk

In the case of Jang Hyuk, whom he often imitated his vocal chords, he confessed that he had stopped posting parodies after he had recently met and started following him on social media. Regarding this, Song Jin-woo gave another laugh by revealing, "Every time I post a post, (Senior Jang Hyuk) clicks 'Like' right away. It seems that he is always watching." Even so, I couldn't give up on Jang Hyuk's parody. I was praised for copying and copying lines from the drama 'Chuno'.

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/437/0000322957

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

'Knowing Bros' Song Jin-woo, a genius who captivated Lee Byung-hun and Jang Hyuk

In the case of Jang Hyuk, whom he often imitated his vocal chords, he confessed that he had stopped posting parodies after he had recently met and started following him on social media. Regarding this, Song Jin-woo gave another laugh by revealing, "Every time I post a post, (Senior Jang Hyuk) clicks 'Like' right away. It seems that he is always watching." Even so, I couldn't give up on Jang Hyuk's parody. I was praised for copying and copying lines from the drama 'Chuno'.

So how could he stop posting if he has not given up? Don't understand what he meant haha.. Maybe just try to post less?

Meanwhile, official website of Super Action starting from tonight

http://program.tving.com//tvn/superaction/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

So how could he stop posting if he has not given up? Don't understand what he meant haha.. Maybe just try to post less?

Meanwhile, official website of Super Action starting from tonight

http://program.tving.com//tvn/superaction/

Lol! Maybe he'll stop posting on IG but will still imitate his lines on TV. Haha

• Like 3

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

What he does is hardly a parody- it's just an imitation. It's always the same imitation, and it's not that good. But for some reason he gets a lot of views. I think that the actor that played young PJ in MF does a better imitation of JH...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So, did anyone see the show tonight? This is the only post I've seen on it- 

So far I didn't find it available in any of my sources (official and not legal) :(

30 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Edit: there are some videos available on Naver tv but it's geo locked.

• Like 3

On 11/27/2022 at 1:29 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Based on this person's posts, the bits with JH were sparse and had been shown in the trailer already. They and another fan are peeved about that. Maybe the first episode is setting things up and he'll have more screen time (alongside the other judges) in the other episodes. I remember seeing a pic of him with some containers in the background, so there is likely more to come. But if I understood correctly, the focus is on the stunt people so it makes sense the judges are in the background

OTT: I was just thinking the other day that I would love JH to play a character like Raymond Reddington. Unhinged, ruthlesss and brilliant / manipulative - kind of a modern day Bangwon. I guess Pil-joo is somewhat similar but Raymond is much more animated and eccentric and dare I say passionate (not necessarily in a romantic way but that can be changed too). I would like to see a Kdrama version of the Blacklist, with the daughter character changed to an ex-wife or former lover in order to justify having a younger Raymond played by JH. Another character that has been mentioned before I think is Patrick Jane. Wasn't there a project in the works? Has it been shelved?

On 11/27/2022 at 11:13 AM, Biology Lesson said:

Found only this- his imitations are actually funny, and he doesn't go for the obvious imitations- 

https://youtu.be/Ub6_p-sqYak?t=134

Thanks for sharing! I recently watched him in Uncanny Encounter and thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him...

I guess I'm the only who doesn't like people imitating him even if this particular actor respects him. It borders on mockery and I can see why JH was annoyed on Ugly Duckling

EDIT: @Biology Lessonyou've always wondered where his Korean fans were. They do exist on Twitter but they write in Korean and don't use the JH tag. Usually if you stumble on one account it can lead you to the others because they're are reblogging and replying to each other. These account often have really good gifs and photos

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote Tweets that contain images, gifs or videos. Thanks!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I've didn't manage to catch it live too. Based on what this korean fan said, he only appeared in that 7 seconds in the 1 hr 30 min.. 

Will wait for it to be out on Viu today to confirm. Will post the subbed clip to that 7 seconds later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1