Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

from what i saw this is not support from zuwon supporters it is from instagram user misangmc

I thought so too at first, but then miyeon_eugenia_yoo had posted about yesterday's and today's support in advance too and I was told both her and misangmc are members of zu.won_supporters 

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

do not know why he does not like to upload photos more he uploads of his muscles than of his face

I think that might have something to do with him having a "special" look for Carter and him not wanting to reveal it? At least not yet^^ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I think that might have something to do with him having a "special" look for Carter and him not wanting to reveal it? At least not yet

I could be true what you say since now that I remember he knows how to hide his appearance until the end I hope and the wait worth it at least I miss him very much and worse since I only follow him

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I thought so too at first, but then miyeon_eugenia_yoo had posted about yesterday's and today's support in advance too and I was told both her and misangmc are members of zu.won_supporters 

It's very confused now for who I could have sent that truck but the best thing is the support that Joo Won receives I hope you keep bringing more trucks

• Like 3

EVENT: Celebrity Sightings

Have you met your favorite oppa? What was he like? Was he taller than you expected? :love:

Or do you want to meet him? What would the meeting be like?

Share your stories with chingus on the Celebrity Sightings thread.

We want to read your gossip!

:evilelmo:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It's very confused now for who I could have sent that truck but the best thing is the support that Joo Won receives I hope you keep bringing more trucks

Yesterday's was definitely by zu.won_supporters^^ So I think today's must be as well. 

kongji_c posted a reel and the report from yesterday's truck support:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRlEFx_N2B0/?utm_medium=copy_link

here is the report from today's support:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRlWFvgtr9F/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Calli said:

Yesterday's was definitely by zu.won_supporters^^ So I think today's must be as well. 

thank you

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Calli said:

진짜 매일 온다 = you really come every day 

This is literally true now.. a proven fact by Japanese Joo Won fans.. :selfie2:

23 hours ago, Calli said:

요즘 하늘이 예쁘다 = the sky is beautiful today/these days

From todays picture first thing I noticed was that the sky looks pretty. :blush:

23 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@Calli@flutterby06@kittyna@valinor500I've always wanted to know which joo won character is closest to her ideal type, that is, the characters in dramas he has done?

For example, the character that is closest to my ideal type is kim tae hyun, he was perfect as a husband, although there were only few scenes, as well as how he was with han hye jin, I love trying to understand her and he was very cute with her

Sorry @Andrea Balcazar for responding to this interesting question so late.

First of all I was very busy. I probably will be busy throughout this week. But when I saw your question, in my mind I started thinking too.. I don't think I ever really deeply thought about it because in real life I've definite idea about a lots of 'not my ideal type' than my 'ideal type.' So I usually have not so definite idea for 'ideal type.'

I see there's 3 vote for Kim Tae Hyun. I remember saying in this group once than Kim Tae Hyun is the type I'll probably have a crush on if I get to interact with him on regular basis. He looks like a questionable character on first appearance but the more you see more charismatic he appears to be. Not only charismatic, he just has such a clear sense of justice, right and wrong and they way he held on to them very strongly, I really admired him for that. IMO among all Joo Won characters other than Park Si Won, Kim Tae Hyun is the one with most interesting dialogues that indicates what kind person he's deep inside.

Many people had complain about how Kim Tae Hyun suddenly left Yeo Jin to deal with crocodile herself but to me it looked like Tae Hyun had this strong moral sense that wasn't clouded by his love and desire to protect Yeo Jin. Yeo Jin needed to sort out her priorities and see clearly for herself where she's being wrong. So Tae Hyun left Yeo Jin world by giving her a open invitation to his world even if it's just for a short time which he mentioned as 'picnic'. That's just so admirable and speaks of genuine love that's positive for wellbeing. 

Anyways I think I'm getting too chatty because coincidently I saw few episodes of Yong Pal yesterday. I just found very good quality episode of YP somewhere ended up downloading the episodes and while all were downloading I ended up watching around 3 episodes. Le.t's go back to my ideal type among many Joo Won characters.

Among the names that came to my mind for favored type (because most characters are build up in way so viewers would like them), Hwang Tae Hui from Ojakgyo Brothers seems to be the one I decided upon.. and I also though why he's the first one when I've few other names in mind.... I like humorous people but he isn't really humorous which is the downside. He's a pretty standoffish to people who are unknown and unrelated to him. But he's sincere in his dealing with them even though he isn't super fond of them yet. I like it.. He's very kind to his family and people he love and care. There's no doubt about it. His kind gesture towards them is always genuine, straight from his heart. I love the fact that he is specially kind and engaging to his family.

He is quite but very observant and he acts on it.. That's a huge plus point in my book. There's remark on how he likes to entertain his grandma in a manner which is so out of character for him. He said he entertains his grandma as much as possible (going out of character) because it brightens her mood and if her mood is well she wouldn't give trouble to his mom (aunt). This particular scene left a huge impression in my mind.. I wish I'd meet someone as sweet as him who'd notice and take care of this little things.. it doesn't have to be something grand to impress, specially no large sacrifices. I swear I'd notice it if someone does takes care of little little things for me.

As for how he deals with his romantic relationship.. He's totally head over heals when he's in love, straight forward. He's tad bit too jealous and protective but didn't came out as those annoying type who is control freak. It looked more like he was just trying to make his love and potential rival notice his presence. And it had to do with the fact that the he had a troubled relationship with the potential rival that's why he went out of his way to disturb them. Too much jealousy is downside

but Tae Hui seemed like a character who listens concern so it'll probably not be a major issue.

8_00000.jpg&type=a340

Also Tae Hui is sweet and kind soul who like to harbor his sadness and troubles deep inside him even though he looks seemingly happy. That's a strength many people lacks. I love those people who talks about positivity and focus on positive things because that can motivate other people too. Don't get me wrong that I feel bad for people who express their sadness and like them to bottle things up. It's very necessary to look after own scars and take some time off to heal those but making a big deal and pondering too much only makes people more sad. It very encouraging when sad and lonely people have a positive outlook on life because they like to rely on positivity. I find such people motivating and feel gratitude for their presence. 

Sorry if I went overboard in my analysis and comparing what I like and dislike. it's just I needed to justify why I would think him ideal type because my idea of ideal type is still very vague even to me. The only thing that comes to my mind is good naturedly humorous, kind, considerate and observant.. ha ha..

19 hours ago, partyon said:

Share your stories with chingus on the Celebrity Sightings thread.

We want to read your gossip!

Somehow I have a story to share... I will go over the event later.

20 hours ago, Calli said:
21 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

from what i saw this is not support from zuwon supporters it is from instagram user misangmc

19 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

FYI, miyeon_eugina and misangmc are one of those people who are older fans of Joo Won. Eugena is a Korean fan and Misaangmc is Japanese. I think I saw this Japanese fan present in Joo Won events in lots of occasion. Anyways the fact is they both represent a larger part of Korean and Japanese fans because they are always on forefront of any supporting event for Joo Won. There're few others on forefront too you'll notice those ids when you see their post. These Japanese fans and Korean fans has close connection among them and on many occasion they help each other in supporting Joo Won. Like Eugina has been communicating with Coffeetruck that has been sent by Japanese fans. So even though we see a particular person posting earlier it's more because they're like organizer not because it's an individual effort. 

20 hours ago, Calli said:

I think that might have something to do with him having a "special" look for Carter and him not wanting to reveal it? At least not yet^^

I'd like to agree with @Calli on this. It's pretty apparent Joo Won doesn't want to show himself yet.  

18 hours ago, Calli said:

Translation :

21.07.20 #Movie Carter #Actor Joo Won

Why can't I get used to the heat... I ran thinking about it
The third day of work in Geumsan, a desert-like place that is sure to attract all kinds of heat

4th coffee truck support(with their cafe) at the movie #carter site
@zu.won_supporters and Joowon's fans sent their hearts together

Tuesday's original schedule has been delayed
They constantly gave me love calls on Tuesdays.
Coffee tea from Joowon Supporters
We could do it together

Strawberry latte for support start order on the 19th,
Strawberry latte that you can see intermittently in the crowd of orders
It's not on today's menu . I did support.

At this point, it means to bring a strawberry latte.
Take a good look. Pack a lot of strawberry juice and upgrade the VIP menu
I went to the last support at the Geumsan site

(To me these above 2 paragraphs looked like support truck boss saying about how strawberry juice was very popuar among carter staffs and once it wasn't in the menu but many people looked for it. So this time they made sure to pack a lot of strawberry so they can meet the demand of carter staffs.. they gave special VIP upgrade to this support.. I may not be accurate tho. )

The scene is really bad.
Delicious food, sweet food, cool food
This is the Geumsan Carter site that I want to take care of

Everyone on the set asked- How long are you staying today~?

I replied- Hehehe There are so many... Until you eat them all today..?!

Even we don't know what time it will end today

I waited until the remaining water was spent so that everyone could have plenty of it.
When it was about to end, you came and said it was your last drink, and ordered another storm.
I've gave you about 30 more cups 

So, from this morning to the afternoon, we worked together for a long time.

For the actor, Iced hibiscus tea in the morning
After lunch, I handed over an iced Americano tumbler.

I heard that the filming of Geumsan will be finished soon~
I'm worried because everyone shows signs of exhaustion from the heat.
It's hot and you're in so much trouble
I hope that the filming goes well without anyone getting lost

Thank you for your enjoying your meal.
We deliver our hearts with sincerity.

#coffee
#Local coffee tea #Chungnam coffee tea #Geumsan coffee tea
#celebrity coffee tea

ᴋᴏɴɢᴊɪ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇᴇ
@j3__official @cafe._.stay

Important finding change of shooting place soon from This Guemsan which is probably the mountain area we saw in past few days in stories. I wonder what kind of location they will shoot next- outdoor or indoor!

coffeewang_on_the_block87

We're at this  #support site again after last week!!

For the #Netflix movie actor Joo-Won Carter, who is burning with passion under the scorching sun, the fans once again prepared refreshing coffee and drink^-^!!

The temperature was around 30 degrees in the morning and we set the coffee truck as soon as we arrived and opened it quickly. As if the staffs were waiting (for us), there came a storm (of orders)... lol

Actor Joo Won came out for a while and expressed his gratitude and we gave 4 cups of ice peppermint into a large tumbler .

The staff said thanks to the support of the fans they drink it cold every day, and the staffs likes it^^ I really love it and I think it's heartfelt. It's (supports are) like an oasis in the Carter Desert

We prepared enough so that we could eat it until after lunch, so we made it with both hands heavy until the moment we returned to filming.

Actor Joo Won made order of one more cup of peppermint ice and iced Americano and we delivered it in a large tumbler ^-^!!

The staff asks when will you come again.. If you call me, I will run to you anytime and anywhere .  Thank you for enjoying your meal today!!

I hope that you will receive strong support from actor Joo Won and the fans who support the Carter team and that you shoot safely!!

Thank you to the fans who came to visit us ^-^!!
Team Carter, we'll see you again~~~ Fighting until then!!

#carter
#Actor Joo Won
#Coffee king in this area #Coffee car #Coffee truck #Coffee support #Coffee car support #Celebrity support

It's good to know that Carter staff are very thankful for this continuous support from fans... They love it.

Also there is "Thank you to the fans who came to visit us ^-^!!" This could have two meaning 1) The cafe is thanking fans for selecting them for the support event and another is 2) Few fans really did visit the filming scene with the coffee support. @Calli what do thin about it's exact meaning 찾아주신 팬분들 감사드립니다^-^!! of ? 

Btw guys did you see this pretty pouch zuwon_supporters giving to the fans who sent fund for the support events.. This features a cartoon drawn by Joo Won. Don't know if everyone or only a few of random fans are getting it.. But it's so pretty. Both the cartoon and the pouch.. :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRVq2BGN4Cw/

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote embedded threads! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Btw guys did you see this pretty pouch zuwon_supporters giving to the fans who sent fund for the support events.. This features a cartoon drawn by Joo Won. Don't know if everyone or only a few of random fans are getting it.. But it's so pretty. Both the cartoon and the pouch.. :thumbsup:

speaking of this it seems that joo won fans also gave it to joo won's work team as a story with a joo won staff member with this

You can see it in stories, it does not let me share directly the link of the stories so I share my profile

Important finding change of shooting place soon from This Guemsan which is probably the mountain area we saw in past few days in stories. I wonder what kind of location they will shoot next- outdoor or indoor!

great that soon they finish filming in that place since from what I see the staff is exhausted and more because of the heat wave of having to film outdoors I hope that the other scenes are in closed areas

Actor Joo Won came out for a while and expressed his gratitude and we gave 4 cups of ice peppermint into a large tumbler .

I'm glad that joo won and the staff are happy enough with the support trucks they send him so far we only heard joo won's name mentioned I guess the staff of the truck they sent is also being cautious not to reveal the other actors who participate in the film I am very desperate to know who else makes up this production

FYI, miyeon_eugina and misangmc are one of those people who are older fans of Joo Won. Eugena is a Korean fan and Misaangmc is Japanese. I think I saw this Japanese fan present in Joo Won events in lots of occasion. Anyways the fact is they both represent a larger part of Korean and Japanese fans because they are always on forefront of any supporting event for Joo Won. There're few others on forefront too you'll notice those ids when you see their post. These Japanese fans and Korean fans has close connection among them and on many occasion they help each other in supporting Joo Won. Like Eugina has been communicating with Coffeetruck that has been sent by Japanese fans. So even though we see a particular person posting earlier it's more because they're like organizer not because it's an individual effort. 

ohh I did not know thanks for the information

by the way this is not about joo won this is about instagram it seems that they just put a function that makes the stories translate

Also Tae Hui is sweet and kind soul who like to harbor his sadness and troubles deep inside him even though he looks seemingly happy. That's a strength many people lacks. I love those people who talks about positivity and focus on positive things because that can motivate other people too. Don't get me wrong that I feel bad for people who express their sadness and like them to bottle things up. It's very necessary to look after own scars and take some time off to heal those but making a big deal and pondering too much only makes people more sad. It very encouraging when sad and lonely people have a positive outlook on life because they like to rely on positivity. I find such people motivating and feel gratitude for their presence. 

Sorry if I went overboard in my analysis and comparing what I like and dislike. it's just I needed to justify why I would think him ideal type because my idea of ideal type is still very vague even to me. The only thing that comes to my mind is good naturedly humorous, kind, considerate and observant.. ha ha..

wau haha, you are very observant, nor did I manage to realize very well the characters that joo won performs, but you seem to realize every detail

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

haha, you are very observant, nor did I manage to realize very well the characters that joo won performs, but you seem to realize every detail

Ha ha.. Thanks.. I guess I oftentimes look into details too much.. and sometimes go overboard with my analysis. :yum:

There's this behind the scene video of Lee Kang To dancing scene shared in DC Joo Won today.

https://tv.kakao.com/channel/9262/cliplink/42248750

I'm seeing this for the first time. It's always fun discovering old unseen pictures and videos. :)

Dc post link: https://m.dcinside.com/board/joowon/322470

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

49 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Ha ha.. Thanks.. I guess I oftentimes look into details too much.. and sometimes go overboard with my analysis. :yum:

There's this behind the scene video of Lee Kang To dancing scene shared in DC Joo Won today.

https://tv.kakao.com/channel/9262/cliplink/42248750

I'm seeing this for the first time. It's always fun discovering old unseen pictures and videos. :)

oh yes i saw it an hour ago i think i was curious if someone wrote in the dc gallery so it was fun to see the video in that video i realized how well joo won dances

• Like 5

1) How you met Joo Won first? First impression?

I first saw him in "Good Doctor" and was quite impressed by his acting. I went to watch his "7th Grade Civil Servant", and "Alice". Back to his acting in Good Doctor, I checked and it was his 5th drama and only 3 years since his debut, so I liked the fact that he decided to challenge doing a difficult role like that that early in his career. :cutekitty:

2) (if you remember) at which point you thought you became a fan of Joo Won? 

For me, it was "Good Doctor". I decided to watch his other dramas. "Bridal Mask" and "Yong Pal" have been in my watchlist for a long time. But I usually look forward to his projects. :eats:

3) What made you join Joo Won Soompi thread?

I don't exactly remember, but it was around the time when "Alice" was airing. I usually check out the threads of actors and actresses I like so this was the reason for joining Joo Won thread too.  :piggydance:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 6

Thank you to all of you who participated in the mini event suggested by @flutterby06 and @kittyna! :kiss_wink:

It was wonderful reading your stories about how you became fans of Joo Won. He's such a great actor, and we are all super interested and invested in seeing him in more movies and dramas in the future.

3_(2).jpg?type=w1200

See you around! :dorakiss:

@kittyna @flutterby06 @Andrea Balcazar @agenth @Tongtong @LeftCoastOppa @Calli @sadthe1st @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

12 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Also there is "Thank you to the fans who came to visit us ^-^!!" This could have two meaning 1) The cafe is thanking fans for selecting them for the support event and another is 2) Few fans really did visit the filming scene with the coffee support. @Calli what do thin about it's exact meaning 찾아주신 팬분들 감사드립니다^-^!! of ? 

Sorry, I was a little busy yesterday and only just saw your post @flutterby06. Thank you so much for your translations and your lovely analysis of Hwang Taehee :fullofhearts:

Since "찾다" can mean"to look for", "to find" and "to visit" I kinda think coffeewang is thanking fans for "finding them" aka picking them to offer support for Carter repeatedly. So rather your option 1) than the second one, though I can't be sure of course~ 

12 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I think it might be for all the fans who participated. Even those living abroad. I got an insta dm yesterday asking for my address and even though I said they didn't have to send me anything since shipping will be too expensive they very kindly insisted :issohappy:

10 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

great that soon they finish filming in that place since from what I see the staff is exhausted and more because of the heat wave of having to film outdoors I hope that the other scenes are in closed areas

I hope they'll be doing some filming indoors, too. It must have been such a struggle for everyone, Joo Won especially, to film intense action scenes in that kind of heat... it would be nice if they all caught a bit of a break and filmed some scenes in a temperature-controlled space~

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, Calli said:

hope they'll be doing some filming indoors, too. It must have been such a struggle for everyone, Joo Won especially, to film intense action scenes in that kind of heat... it would be nice if they all caught a bit of a break and filmed some scenes in a temperature-controlled space

If I think it would be the best, I hope they finish soon in that filming place I wonder how many places have the production scheduled to film

5 hours ago, Calli said:

think it might be for all the fans who participated. Even those living abroad. I got an insta dm yesterday asking for my address and even though I said they didn't have to send me anything since shipping will be too expensive they very kindly insisted :issohappy:

wow how good it looks that joo won fans are very good even those who did not participate are giving them gifts I also heard that they gave them to carter's female staff

• Like 3

Good morning everyone :waves:

Our Joo Won had a very early morning today. 

Park Jeong Sik posted an insta story saying:

with Joo Wonie on the way to Daejeon....

The time now is 4:20 am

Carter " fighting!!

leaderswithus-hulk-20210724-0.jpg

So they're filming in Daejeon again today. 

I wonder why Joo Won's trainer is accompanying him to some of his shoots. I mean, does he accompany Joo Won as a friend or does he have a professional function, like an adviser or something? 

Anyway^^ Fighting to uri agent Carter!! 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Calli said:

So they're filming in Daejeon again today. 

I wonder why Joo Won's trainer is accompanying him to some of his shoots. I mean, does he accompany Joo Won as a friend or does he have a professional function, like an adviser or something? 

Anyway^^ Fighting to uri agent Carter!

I think it's professionally, I have seen that the coach makes visits to the recording set to reinforce the exercise if he has to do shower scenes or complicated action scenes to require physical strength I suppose that joo won lately does not go to the gym and his physical strength is It is weakening now that I realize I already know why the filming of Carter I waited 3 months I think I was going to the gym often to reinforce physical strength and muscles for the role, most actors do that

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It seems that Joo Won hurt his legs I hope that the filming of action scenes does not become so

Looks like he scraped his ankle. I'm sure his legs are fine~ 

Scrapes and cuts are probably the smallest price actors pay while filming intense action scenes :'( As long as he doesn't injure himself severely and is healthy overall, all is well. 

It's nice to know though that they can rest comfortably (at least a little) after having such an early morning^^ 

leaderswithus-hulk-20210724-1.jpg

Caption of Park Jeong Sik's insta story: "now it's break time!!!^^" 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Calli said:

Scrapes and cuts are probably the smallest price actors pay while filming intense action scenes :'( As long as he doesn't injure himself severely and is healthy overall, all is well. 

It's nice to know though that they can rest comfortably (at least a little) after having such an early morning^^ 

It seems that he also has a bandage on the other foot if you see the image well if, as you say, the actors pay a price for filming very hard scenes and worse if it is action and hopefully with so much effort that joo won makes the film reaches the top positions of the most viewed in category of movies

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It seems that Joo Won hurt his legs I hope that the filming of action scenes does not become so difficult, poor of him

17 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It seems that he also has a bandage on the other foot if you see the image well if, as you say, the actors pay a price for filming very hard scenes and worse if it is action and hopefully with so much effort that joo won makes the film reaches the top positions of the most viewed in category of movies

It does look like he's wrapped the ankle that doesn't have a scrape, but I'm holding out hope that it's more a precautionary or preventative measure.

Honestly, if it's something more serious, it would end up all over the news (or at least on Instagram) sooner or later. And considering that you guys were talking about this 17/18 hours ago at the time that I'm writing and still nothing newer than this under the "joo won" Instagram tag...yeah, I rest my case. Flimsy evidence, I know, but it's still worth noting.

But that said, there will always be a risk of serious injury - and minor injuries (cuts, scrapes, bruises, etc.) are par for the course. I remember, for instance, when JW showed on Life Log how often he would get bruises on his legs from doing some of the more intense choreography in Ghost. They were quite scary to look at, but he just shrugged them off like he was used to it.

• Like 6