[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@partyon Some of us in the LMH thread were rewatching BOF.  We stopped on ep 17 because we thought Heirs was leaving Netflix.  Maybe we can join when we're done with Heirs @syntyche @msdot @Areumdaun @CallieP @1ouise @Edgar Pordwed

I am already on ep 8 @confusedheart :glasses:

It's so fun to see how our couple is little by little becoming closer to each other, getting used to each other's worlds. The most growing up has to be done by Goo Jun Pyo who has lived such a sheltered and upscale life since his birth. But I am appreciating his efforts in trying to fit into Jan Di's life and upbringing as well.

Is he annoying? Sure! But he's annoying in a cute way as the story progresses. :joy:

I love how his noona is hellbent on trying to get him to become more human (as she puts it). I think she wants him to have a happier life than she has had so far.

This is great entertainment while I wait for the Thai version of BOF to premiere on Dec 18th. :yay:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I am already on ep 8 @confusedheart :glasses:

It's so fun to see how our couple is little by little becoming closer to each other, getting used to each other's worlds. The most growing up has to be done by Goo Jun Pyo who has lived such a sheltered and upscale life since his birth. But I am appreciating his efforts in trying to fit into Jan Di's life and upbringing as well.

Is he annoying? Sure! But he's annoying in a cute way as the story progresses. :joy:

I love how his noona is hellbent on trying to get him to become more human (as she puts it). I think she wants him to have a happier life than she has had so far.

This is great entertainment while I wait for the Thai version of BOF to premiere on Dec 18th. 

You guys are going to pass us soon!  Enjoy!  I loved his sister.  I wish she had more scenes with GJP!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@CarolynH They're trying to rope me in because I've never watched LMH in anything.

I promised I would watch the first episode of BOF....but I didn't say when. :lol:

I have to say, though, I am intrigued. I watched all 48 episodes of the recent Meteor Garden. Lots of cringing. But some funny and sweet moments as well.

• LOL 1

10 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

@CarolynH They're trying to rope me in because I've never watched LMH in anything.

I promised I would watch the first episode of BOF....but I didn't say when. :lol:

I have to say, though, I am intrigued. I watched all 48 episodes of the recent Meteor Garden. Lots of cringing. But some funny and sweet moments as well.

Watch it @the_sweetroad.  Don't want  to see curly hair GJP? :tounge_wink:  Actually, I don't think it looks that bad on LMH since I think he looks better with his hair off his forehead.  

• LOL 1

• 1 month later...

List of Korean films that resonate internationally

Korean dramas are increasingly asserting their charm. Let's take a look at the works that are buzz-worthy and heart-warming for international audiences.

Boys Over Flowers (2009)

A legendary Korean film that audiences cannot miss is Boys Over Flowers . The work has gathered talented and beautiful actors such as Lee Min Ho, Ku Hye Sun, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Bum and Kim So Eun.

This is also one of the works that laid the foundation for the outstanding development career of the male god Lee Min Ho later.

spacer.png

https://saostar.vn/dien-anh/list-phim-han-gay-tieng-vang-quoc-te-healer-lieu-xung-dang-sanh-vai-202201161931034492.html

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

9 K-Drama Remakes That Are More Popular Than The Originals

Remakes can be a hit or miss as some surpass the original dramas while others fail. These K-drama remakes are better known compared to the originals.

Remakes are a risky and ambitious venture, even for something as popular as K-dramas. Where original series have the advantage of offering something new and exciting, remakes have to find a way to draw viewers in with stories that have already been told verbatim most times.

There's a long list of popular K-drama remakes which continues to grow longer. Despite the repetition of storylines in remakes, many are known better than the original stories they're based on, proving that rehashed material can be just as exciting with some tweaks, twists, and turns.

9. Boys Over Flowers (2009)

spacer.png

The South Korean series follows Geum Jan-di, a working-class girl, who gets a scholarship to attend a prestigious school for the elite. From her first day, Geum Jan-di clashes with Gu Jun-pyo, leader of the notorious F4. He goes to great lengths to make her time at school miserable but she proves her resilience every time until the hatred between them begins to evolve into something else.

The series is a remake of a Taiwanese drama, Meteor Garden, which was an adaptation of a Japanese manga titled, Hana Yori Dango. This was later adapted into a Japanese drama before the South Korean version was released. The Lee Min-ho led drama also kickstarted the interest in and popularity of K-dramas, despite the unpopular opinions about the genre as a whole.

https://screenrant.com/k-drama-remakes-more-popular-than-originals/

• 1 month later...