Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

After months of watching our homebody in oversized t-shirts and a protective layer of winter padding enveloping his face, which I faintly recall used to be rather chiseled, I had almost forgotten he used to have statuesque megastar good looks. I am slightly unused to this dashing long-legged stranger posing there like a model in the photo wearing sharp golf attire. Who could this person be? Almost completely unrecognizable! 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

23 hours ago, MaybeOneDay said:

After months of watching our homebody in oversized t-shirts and a protective layer of winter padding enveloping his face, which I faintly recall used to be rather chiseled, I had almost forgotten he used to have statuesque megastar good looks. I am slightly unused to this dashing long-legged stranger posing there like a model in the photo wearing sharp golf attire. Who could this person be? Almost completely unrecognizable! 

Since you mentioned about the way he looks in IG   I also wondered whether that tall guy is really him because he looks rather skinny.  I hope that’s really him in IG.     I hope he didn’t absentmindedly post his friend’s picture. Lol  :scream::sweat_smile:   His friend is tall like him but has a slender look   Nay CJH isn’t that clumsy right?!!  haha  :tounge_xd:

That guy in the front is his buddy (before CJH’s MS, trip to Jeju Island together)

8d0e0aZ.gif

wevhaYD.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

@boohaChingoo remember me? Howdy? :) IKR long time we've been out of touch but I haven't forgotten CJH I'm v impressed w/you and this thread just keeps growing! I also PM our chingoo willinette and I told her I haven't seen any of CJH's new project since I got busy with another K actor lately! :) You may not know him but he worked with CJH in The Last Empress if I'm correct w/the title where this actor played the role of Prime Minister! I got so hooked on him and his acting in some of the Kdramas I've seen of him albeit some of them were old dramas but he's really good, hence, I thought of starting a thread for him :)! His name is Go Se-Won, you probab haven't even heard of him, neither have I until I was searching for some old dramas lately & was very impressed with his acting, needless to say, his handsomeness :fullofhearts:

anyway, when you have time, pls have a look at his thread, i just started this month so I'm still struggling to collect anything I cld about him! LOLs

TTYL

spacer.png

Not sure if you got this photo here already but a dup will be no harm right?

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@hibiscus23 :waves:

I watched last week's My Ugly Duckling episode (251) and one can tell that oppa is becoming more relaxed in front of the camera. I really enjoyed hearing about his first kiss. :blush:

@MaybeOneDay @booha I also feel like the guy in his IG pic looks too skinny to be him. He doesn't look that skinny on MUD. But who knows? Sometimes camera angles are weird.

I feel like he needs to stop wearing those ugly oversized clothes though AND ditch the jeans. Where is his stylist when you need him/her?

I miss seeing him look like this :heart:

16272868352310.jpg

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@partyon:waves:nice to meet u here too!  hmm i shld watch that to hear about his first kiss :)

@boohachingoo thanks for coming to GSW thread & sharing a lot of his accolades! That's indeed very nice of you! I'm sure you're busy yourself & yet managed to accommodate GSW on your plate! congrats in reaching 591 pages for your prince's thread!

:sweet:

@willenettehihi chingoo! long time no see/hear!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon well done poll! looks like you put a lot of thought into it. nice, nice. I agreed with so many of the selections! it's been almost a full year since his last drama started... a year is a long time to be away especially when he is at his peak as a leading actor right now... it's such a loss for the arts. Korean male actors already lose two years to the military enlistment, so losing another one-two years is really too much. I really respect him as an actor, so I'm feeling this loss on a deep level. although Zombie Detective and Tunnel were astounding successes for any actor to have the fortune of headlining, I feel greedy for more. I feel like Choi Jin Hyuk has more characters to play and more stories to tell. In a way, he is just beginning, but firmly on the road to becoming one of Korea's best all-around leading men. The worst thing would be if directors and screenwriters typecast him. The truth is that he has the skills to play any role he wanted to. He has charisma and the believability to pull off almost any character. As long as the story is well-written, I will keep watching. He is so dependable and solid as an actor. He is always real, genuine, open on the screen. He always manages to look natural, like he's born to be this character or that character. There are so many stories that he can help bring to life with his emotive, expressive face and acting ability. Is it too unrealistic of me to be expecting at least 5-10 more dramas before he turns 40?

You know what kind of drama I want most to see him in next? I want to watch him in a long-running family drama with 100 episodes or more. Or a hit drama like Penthouse or Voice with multiple seasons. To make up for all the lost time of the past year and half. Right now I'm watching the drama, "Once Again", it's one of those really well-written family dramas that you never get bored of and fall in love with all the characters. That way, we'll get to see him on-screen continuously for almost a whole year! 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

• booha changed the title to Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 -Current Variety-"My Little Old Boy"

Humm  CJH ditched his dreary sopping jeans for the coming week :w00t::lol:   I’m glad to see he has some sense to know something shouldn’t be dragged on continuously.   Yes it’s time to show his biceps.  Hopefully they didn’t shrink too much  hahaha   It’s funny to see how his two scrawny hyungs buttressed JHssi.  Their expressions are priceless. :emmm:

((8//15 preview MUD))

https://twitter.com/Innovat0209/status/1424396358480384003

with Oh Ah Rin ((today EP))

https://twitter.com/Innovat0209/status/1424398594413527040

https://twitter.com/Innovat0209/status/1424398783161401347

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

12 hours ago, booha said:

Humm  CJH ditched his dreary sopping jeans for the coming week :w00t::lol:   I’m glad to see he has some sense to know something shouldn’t be dragged on continuously.   Yes it’s time to show his biceps.  Hopefully they didn’t shrink too much  hahaha   It’s funny to see how his two scrawny hyungs buttressed JHssi.  Their expressions are priceless.

Oh my! :love:

Oppa cleaned up nicely, no? Shorts, forehead showing, biceps out....

spongebob squarepants drooling GIF by Nickelodeon

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

On 8/7/2021 at 1:33 AM, partyon said:

Chingus, I put up a poll about Choi Jin Hyuk oppa ! Please vote!

:eatscookie:

@booha @hibiscus23 @agenth @Min2206 @MaybeOneDay @willenette @gm4queen

Btw @booha can you change the thread title to include info that oppa is appearing in My Ugly Duckling? Thanks! :kiss_wink:

@partyonOK thx will do but how do i get to vote :) any link ? i just hvnt browsed enough here got too bz lately but i'll be willing to do that!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@partyonOK thx will do but how do i get to vote :) any link ? i just hvnt browsed enough here got too bz lately but i'll be willing to do that!

Hi! 

The poll is on top of the page of the Choi Jin Hyuk thread, do you see the 3 questions? 

screenshot-179.png

It's open until 14 August, so you can vote by Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

43 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

who else aside fr CJH are on the list?

thx

Hi! This thread is reserved only for Choi Jin Hyuk himself! Every poll holding on this thread is strictly based on him, no other actors/ actresses included! If you want to hold a poll for other actors/ actresses, you can do so in their respective soompi threads! Hope my answer helps you! :)

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

"The 2020 Summer Olympics, officially the Games of the XXXII Olympiad and branded as Tokyo 2020, was an international multi-sport event held from 23 July to 8 August 2021 in Tokyo, Japan..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Summer_Olympics

https://twitter.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1424357762855673866

**It says Netflix UK will air "ZombieDetective" on Aug 13 :w00t:

te9IxaW.jpg

https://twitter.com/Quizzie/status/1425288240291098629

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hi! This thread is reserved only for Choi Jin Hyuk himself! Every poll holding on this thread is strictly based on him, no other actors/ actresses included! If you want to hold a poll for other actors/ actresses, you can do so in their respective soompi threads! Hope my answer helps you! :)

i was just asking OK? i didn't mean any harm! i don't hv time to hold a poll anyway! :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Thank you for voting in the poll. :selfie2:

@booha @agenth @anjuliet @MaybeOneDay @gm4queen @Min2206 @Sleepy Owl @Kal1203 @Pitchoum

If you want to review the results, you can find them here.

In today's episode of My Ugly Duckling, oppa will be showing us his biceps. I am very much looking forward to it... hehe

:hwaiting2:

thumb.png?ts=1628440214

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1