Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

[PICK] 5 Korean Mystery Dramas Inspired by Suspense Books & Webtoons

Novels and fictions are great inspirations for TV dramas. Interesting stories in books have been steadily adapted into dramas, whether or not they have been well known to people for a long time. In particular, mystery is an excellent genre for long-winded dramas because it makes it difficult for us to predict where the play is headed. It keeps attracting the viewers’ attention as they keep wondering what’s next, and the viewers can guess how the story would conclude. And of course, converting a well-written novel into a drama does not always come out successfully. I will introduce five dramas that perfectly bring the tense stories in the text and cartoons to the small screen.

Justice (2019)

Mystery K-Dramas Credit: KBS

Justice is the story of a lawyer (Choi Jin Hyuk), who lost his family due to undue power and money, making a deal with a devilish man (Son Hyun Joo) for revenge. It is based on the web novel of the same name by Jang Ho, who was well-received for his unexpected twists and vivid descriptions. The drama starts with a sexual harassment case committed by a child from a high-society family. It maintains tight tension by addressing the serial murders, kidnappings of actresses, and the politicians and businesspeople behind such criminal cases. It was pointed out that the ending of the grandiose crime was somewhat lax. However, through two men who pursued their desires in different ways from the same starting point, this drama left a meaningful message that true justice results from one’s own choices.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/08/16/pick-5-mystery-k-dramas-adapted-from-suspense-novelsweb-toons/

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

@partyon So, how were the biceps? haha hope you were suitably satisfied. they def look good... haha.

@booha thanks for the previews! I can't wait to watch with subs! orange is one of his colors. I think it's like his lucky color. when he wears orange, it feels like he's radiating confidence and competitiveness. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

On 8/16/2021 at 10:17 AM, MaybeOneDay said:

@partyon So, how were the biceps? haha hope you were suitably satisfied. they def look good... haha.

The biceps and body were dreamy. :love:

I just finished watching the episode. Oppa was so cool ! He really improved his image on the show even though he is now called either "Jin Hyuk in jeans" or "Handsome fool". :joy:

He is loosening up and becoming braver on the show. I think he's finding his mojo on the show. :glasses:

Clips from the episode

Oppa was very talkative and happy. :love:

He is not impressed by the pet stone. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

@booha@willenette chingus you must've seen his drama Justice, the synopsis is quite interesting, I'd love to check it out! Kudos to you chingus for making CJH's thread this active! I'm not sure how many pages you've had while I was chatting w/you both here but woah Congrats sincerely! :hooray:He's worth it and well deserving I must say and wldn't it be nice if he or one of his associates will realize how he's been admired by so many esp here on soompi?

I came across this article & I'm almost certain you already got it here somewhere but I guess it won't hurt if it's a dup? :)

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/raw-and-fishy-experience-for-actor-choi-jin-hyuk-in-k-drama-zombie-detective

Actor Choi Jin-hyuk is also known for his roles in dramas such as Tunnel (2017) and The Last Empress (2018).

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha@willenette chingus you must've seen his drama Justice, the synopsis is quite interesting, I'd love to check it out! Kudos to you chingus for making CJH's thread this active! I'm not sure how many pages you've had while I was chatting w/you both here but woah Congrats sincerely! :hooray:He's worth it and well deserving I must say and wldn't it be nice if he or one of his associates will realize how he's been admired by so many esp here on soompi?

I came across this article & I'm almost certain you already got it here somewhere but I guess it won't hurt if it's a dup? :)

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/raw-and-fishy-experience-foor-actor-choi-jin-hyuk-in-k-drama-zombie-detective

@hibiscus23  so NICE to see you around here. I love "Justice". It's one of those rare dramas that doesn't beat around the bush to get to the point. I am so glad I picked up this drama & watched CJH through the end. The story is a revenge story. Concept is amazing too. I have said it here when I talked about this drama after watching it that - Each of us believes that Justice should be served to all of us equally and fairly no matter what your status in life is, it’s still something that everyone deserves to have. The story of the drama may sound cliché but from my personal point of view, I think the attack of the series were full of intense and surprises.  So, find time to watch the drama.  :Megathanks:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@willenetteLikewise am happy to see you guys here after my long absence! :) Thanks for laying out more about the Justice drama, I agree w/you everyone deserves to get the justice one deserves equally & fairly like you said, for sure! I think I'll enjoy this kind of drama, I seem to have a penchant watching trials in the courtroom & all that and CJH must have delivered a powerful role in this drama for sure!

I'd like to find time & watch it & let you know!

:ok:TTYL

• Like 3

**Last week MUD made #1 with 4.8%/13.9% (highest 16.6% with CJH’s scene)

‘MUD’ CJH, current splitting, (it’s) a fatal attraction, high 16.6%

XsNFRCD.jpg

Spoiler

JI3XOQz.jpg

bP3SxAp.jpg

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv/article/2021081662314

23 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/raw-and-fishy-experience-for-actor-choi-jin-hyuk-in-k-drama-zombie-detective

22 hours ago, willenette said:

@hibiscus23  so NICE to see you around here. I love "Justice". It's one of those rare dramas that doesn't beat around the bush to get to the point. I am so glad I picked up this drama & watched CJH through the end. The story is a revenge story. Concept is amazing too. I have said it here when I talked about this drama after watching it that - Each of us believes that Justice should be served to all of us equally and fairly no matter what your status in life is, it’s still something that everyone deserves to have. The story of the drama may sound cliché but from my personal point of view, I think the attack of the series were full of intense and surprises.  So, find time to watch the drama.  :Megathanks:

@hibiscus23  @willenette

Yes I liked ‘Justice’ too.  But I don’t think it’s for a big audience. It is a bit heavy and gritty.   I had a feeling that it could be PDnim’s pet project like someone wants to probe about how justice can be thought of :expressionless:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

@booha@willenetteah really? i remember how we've enjoyed Tunnel, Pride & Prejudice and oh how i love him also in Emergency Couple, Gu Family, Devilish Charm & I'm sure am missing some more but there's lots more that I haven't really watched I must admit! I'd like to see the variety show My Little Old Boy if I have time & if I can find it online or I can assume it's available on YT.

You guys have a nice w/end & I'll try to swing by here whenever I can!

:heart2:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The Heirs Cast: Where Are They Now?

"The Heirs" has been regarded as one of the most well-acted and popular K-Dramas released in the last decade, with a clear, impressionable, and interesting storyline that centers around some of our favorite themes of family, teen drama, comedy, and romance, it is no surprise that even till this day, this series is still being binge-watched by K-Drama faithfulls.

One key point was the incredibly star-studded cast this drama presented, with the likes of Lee MinHo, Park ShinHye, Park HyungSik, Kang HaNeul, f(x)'s Krystal Jung, and Choi JinHyuk to name a few, many might wonder where are they now, well, we've got the answers.

7. Choi JinHyuk

realjinhyuk_id_116154203_143335924019497

His scenes might have been short and lines brief but that didn't slow the impact he had in the series and ultimately in our hearts. Playing the role of 'Kim Won', Kim Tan's elder brother, he exuded the strong-willed, smart, and dutiful persona, a man trying to be the perfect leader and heir, while trying so hard to navigate the responsibilities and duties such a role will play on him and his relationships with others.

real_jinhyuk_82891869_469782857244534_10

Ultimately a champion and supporter, he made many viewers wish he were their older brother. The series gained the star the attention he rightfully deserved and bringing him many lead roles in dramas like "Emergency Couple", "Devilish Charm", "Rugal", "Zombie Detective" and the popular tvN historical drama "Mr. Queen".

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/the-heirs-cast-where-are-they-now/

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

EDIT  CJH has a new project   :highonflowers:

Wow CJH’s new project(tv cinema) made news:  'Siren' of 'UHD KBS Drama Special 2021-TV Cinema’

KBS has ‘KBS-America’ ;

“KBS America is an American television channel operated by the U.S. subsidiary of the Korean Broadcasting System, targeting Koreans in North and South America…”

** It’s by the uncle google translation  It works thank god   Must be someone from KBS America who does eng subs wrote the article.

[Official] Choi Jin-hyuk, Park Seong-yeon, Jo Dal-hwan, Koo Ja-seong confirmed to appear in 'Siren'

Oj4Op5V.jpg

Actors Choi Jin-hyuk, Park Seong-yeon, Jo Dal-hwan, and Koo Ja-seong have confirmed their appearance in the TV cinema 'Siren'.

'Siren' of 'UHD KBS Drama Special 2021-TV Cinema', which is scheduled to be broadcasted for the first time in October, is the last of four cinema projects attempted by KBS for the first time.  It is expected to catch the eye with its novel materials and absorbing directing.

Spoiler

TV Cinema 'Siren' is a sci-fi mystery thriller drama that deals with the shocking truth that is revealed as a snobbish office worker who descends to his successor after the suicide of an employee of 'Notic Wave', a virtual facility that deals with noise pollution, digs up the suspicions surrounding the village and the company.    It is said that the secrets of the mysterious town are revealed one by one, providing exciting fun.    In particular, Choi Jin-hyuk, Park Seong-yeon, Jo Dal-hwan, and Koo Ja-seong are said to lead the play in harmony, stimulating curiosity.

Choi Jin-hyeok takes on the role of Choi Tae-seung, a 'Notic Wave' employee who does not hesitate to do anything for his success. How will he immersely express the psychological change of Choi Tae-seung, who has faced the shocking truth in his daily life, who has performed in a number of works that cross genres such as 'Zombie Detective', 'Rugal', 'Justice', and 'The Empress's Dignity'. expectations are gathering

Park Seong-yeon, who plays Choi Tae-seung's direct boss, Seo Hye-sun, team leader, completes a three-dimensional character with cool charisma hidden behind a puny exterior. She boasted an unrivaled aura in movies 'Diva', 'Kim Ji-young Born in 1982', drama 'Main', 'Dodo Solsol Lala Sol', etc. attention is paid to

Jo Dal-hwan takes on the role of Oh Dong-min, who holds the key to the mysterious case surrounding 'Notic Wave'.  He has proven the potential of a 'trustworthy actor' by emitting a variety of charms and taking control of the screen, the CRT, and the stage, and is expected to create tension that suffocates the breath with a seasoned hot performance.

Finally, Ja-seong Koo transforms into Dong-gyu Park, the president of Dong-gyu Farm.   Koo Ja-seong is said to depict Park Dong-gyu's secret inner side with his deep eyes and detailed emotional expression.   He raises the question of how he will lead the development of a mysterious play by intertwining with Choi Tae-seung (Choi Jin-hyuk), whom he met in the village.

As such, the TV cinema 'Siren' makes viewers look forward to the main broadcast with the breathtaking storyline and the meeting of trusted actors.

Meanwhile, 'UHD KBS Drama Special 2021' will be broadcast first on KBS 2TV in October, and TV cinema 'Siren' will be aired in November.   It can also be previewed two weeks in advance on online video service platforms wavve and Btv.

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210824091710325

g_tree_creative

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CS6VTgep0vH/?utm_medium=copy_link

"Actor Choi Jin Hyuk's surprise greeting ahead of the upcoming online fan meeting on August 29th (Sunday).
Please look forward to Choi Jin Hyuk's online fan meeting <A Day With The Real> a lot!"

CJH talks about coming FM. 

Because of covid, FM will be held online which he felt uneasy about and not satisfied.  So he gave a lot thought about the event, and he decided not to have MC’s help and to manage it by himself like responding to fan’s submitted questions personally.

Since it’s a virtual meeting, he would try hard to make it like in-person FM.  So if in case during the event he will stumble, he wants the fan’s grace and understanding.   He wants his fans to know that he is working hard to prepare for the fun event. 

He is preparing for the new drama. He hopes there will be good news to announce about it soon.    He will talk more in FM

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, anjuliet said:

Hello chingus, 

I'm about to watch Zombie Detective as it has become available on Netflix UK. It's not really a genre that I usually watch, but watching it because. "Danielicious" :phew:

Welcome to the “Danielicious" place  haha  :approves:

Thank you for dropping by    Happy to hear you are watching ZD.  Yeah zombie never has been my cup of tea either but I enjoyed watching this hilarious k-zombie.   It was a big surprise to see how well CJH transformed himself and created such a unique zombie character.  I know he worked very hard for this drama. He should feel good about it.   It seems CJH couldn’t shake off his attachment to the drama.  In the last IG he wrote saying how much he still missed working on it. 

yJi3TIc.gif

3himAt5.gif

2Mce6wM.gif

• Love 3

18 hours ago, anjuliet said:

Hello chingus, 

I'm about to watch Zombie Detective as it has become available on Netflix UK. It's not really a genre that I usually watch, but watching it because. "Danielicious" :phew:

@anjuliet GO, girl - watch it! You get the idea about the drama from the "Title" itself. Although, it's not your ordinary zombie story, it has the right mix of mystery, a bit of romance, and a lot of comic relief. The idea of how his journey begins as a Zombie is pretty fun and interesting. I find it amusing that I would describe a crime drama about zombies as fun, but that’s exactly how I would describe "Zombie Detective."  Choi Jin Hyuk is definitely the highlight as our confused but kind zombie. He made the character of Moo Young very endearing. Despite the drama dealing with zombies and some dark crimes, it doesn’t feels super serious for the most part. It was easy to feel for him and want him to be happy. Of course, this is not a perfect drama, it has its flaws, too. There are some scenes, which were excellent while others tended to drag a bit. The drama does get a bit more intense in the last few episodes. All in all, "Zombie Detective" was a good ride. Choi Jin Hyuk is delightful as ever. There are probably many zombie dramas out there, but this is by far the most unique. :twerk2:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** CJH will have a new drama. This is good news! The drama is titled "Drama Special 2021 - Siren".

This is the first cinema project to be tried by KBS. "Drama Special 2021 - Siren" is an SF mystery thriller about the shocking truth revealed by a snob office worker who becomes the successor of a virtual facility NOTIC WAVE employee who commits suicide, dealing with noise pollution, digging into suspicions surrounding a village and the company. Choi Jin-hyuk plays Choi Tae-seung, a NOTIC WAVE employee who does the work everyone else is reluctant to do. The drama premieres in November on KBS 2TV. This is also starring -  Park Sung-yeon, Jo Dal-hwan and Koo Ja-sung:sweet:

photo1364894.jpg

source : Hancinema

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Thank you @booha and @willenette chingus for the welcome to "Danielicious place" :winkx: and for your insights regarding ZD. :elated: This is  probably the one zombie drama that I will watch as not really keen on the whole concept. The only other drama that I watched that had a zombie was 'A Korean Odyssey'. :sweatingbullets:

I wouldn't mind meeting someone like Moo Young, but I'd probably run away pdq first. :lol:

I'll be back after I've binged watched it. :Pandabulous:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, willenette said:

@anjuliet GO, girl - watch it! You get the idea about the drama from the "Title" itself. Although, it's not your ordinary zombie story, it has the right mix of mystery, a bit of romance, and a lot of comic relief. The idea of how his journey begins as a Zombie is pretty fun and interesting. I find it amusing that I would describe a crime drama about zombies as fun, but that’s exactly how I would describe "Zombie Detective."  Choi Jin Hyuk is definitely the highlight as our confused but kind zombie. He made the character of Moo Young very endearing. Despite the drama dealing with zombies and some dark crimes, it doesn’t feels super serious for the most part. It was easy to feel for him and want him to be happy. Of course, this is not a perfect drama, it has its flaws, too. There are some scenes, which were excellent while others tended to drag a bit. The drama does get a bit more intense in the last few episodes. All in all, "Zombie Detective" was a good ride. Choi Jin Hyuk is delightful as ever. There are probably many zombie dramas out there, but this is by far the most unique. :twerk2:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** CJH will have a new drama. This is good news! The drama is titled "Drama Special 2021 - Siren".

This is the first cinema project to be tried by KBS. "Drama Special 2021 - Siren" is an SF mystery thriller about the shocking truth revealed by a snob office worker who becomes the successor of a virtual facility NOTIC WAVE employee who commits suicide, dealing with noise pollution, digging into suspicions surrounding a village and the company. Choi Jin-hyuk plays Choi Tae-seung, a NOTIC WAVE employee who does the work everyone else is reluctant to do. The drama premieres in November on KBS 2TV. This is also starring -  Park Sung-yeon, Jo Dal-hwan and Koo Ja-sung.

source : Hancinema

Well said  Such a wonderful comment about ZD and CJH   I couldn’t say it better  Always appreciate  Have a good day :glasses:

1dTikuM.gif

2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

chingus @booha@willenette & others CJH is just unstoppable eh? His new drama special sounds promising! I guess we need to wait till Nov? I haven't even started watching Justice drama, so many things & so little time they say! :)

Yes I’m glad to hear about his new project but very disappointed it isn’t a drama format and no romance again. :anguished:  

https://twitter.com/euricawithhope/status/1429176631411814421

https://twitter.com/hannaehh/status/1430560796891762689

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1