Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

3 minutes ago, Time loop said:

he wanted to star in more dramas and that was self-made decision because there is alot more money in dramas then movies since cinema market is very small there but since there is Covid19 it opens new channel for him to reach bigger audience thru his movies via netflix origin movies. But don't ever assume that anyone can give anything off beneficial to him thats just not the truth. He gains no benefit from anyone except from himself and he worked for that and deserves it 

Time loop, I couldn't agree with you more - these days, it seems like it is all about the small screen. More and more people are gathering around to binge-watch shows while fewer and fewer people are heading out to movie theaters to plunk down a hefty fee for two hours of entertainment. :blush:

• Like 9

I miss this thread... and everyone here! :wub:

Lee Min Ho Now the Most Followed Korean Actor on Instagram + Gains 3.9M Followers in Less Than 2 Months

EailpMbUMAEIg_6?format=jpg&name=small

It's not surprising that Lee Min Ho is currently the most followed Korean actor on Instagram. His fantasy-romance series "The King: Eternal Monarch" recently concluded, and his fame augmented and reached across borders.

Suffice it to say that "The King: Eternal Monarch" helped in swelling up more his followers list on the photo-sharing app, that just one picture of him will reach 3 million hearts and engagements! 

The drama started on April 17 and ended June 12. On the record, last April 3, Lee Min Ho had 12.6 million followers. But after one and a half months, his Instagram account recorded 15.9 million followers on June 5. These statistics were recorded a week before the finale of the drama.

Then, two days after the finale, the list inflated to 16.5 million followers, an increase of 3.9 million in less than two months! 

lee-min-ho-most-followed-korean-actor-on

read full article>>> https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118106/20200615/lee-min-ho-now-followed-korean-actor-instagram-gains-3.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The secret of this handsome guy... HAIR CLIP! :blush:

EaeIvidUYAAm45M?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

And mind you, lmh is of facebook generation. Most people of his era peaked during facebook followers but lmh successfully  transitioning  to insta followers and new batch of drama fans. Bof brought new k drama fans. King has brought him now new gen of drama fans. We were teens then and now adults. And new gen of teens are his fans now. What a king! Most moveon to new actors with new gen but LMH is such an exception that no one can replace him as hallyu king from his gen or new gen. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 7

First let me say a big Hello to all new posters in Minho 's thread.

Welcome friends.

after, I will give a big kiss to our veteran member @CarolynH (13 years fan? girl can i call you Ma ...lol)

Friends I am reading your posts and I agree with almost everything except That I liked SJ in The King but I was clowned from the writer .I thought his character will play I major role in the progress .

Also I would like to do

1.Good series

2.toyota series

3.favorites

4,quizzes

But i am ok with everything.

Do we have a separate page for voting?

Regarding next Minho's project as a big fan of crime/mystery /law/action  dramas I would love to see him in this genre but most important is for him to feel comfortable and love his role with out having the pressure to satisfy his fans.

Then I am voting for whatever he chooses.

Kim Tae Ri seems as a good co star for Minho .

PBY is a good actress but I am not sure if I would like to see her as a love interest partner next to Minho. I am the minority again with my opinion but I like couples on screen with not a huge height difference. We all see how she looked next to PHS in strong woman and if I am correct LMH is taller than  Park  Hungk Sik.

Again all these are preferences .What it matters is what LMH wants.

I am not so positive that we ll hear for a new work  in 2-3 months after his previous work.

He never did it in the past.

i think only after  Heirs we had the GB official announcement in less than 6 months.

@Lmangla

Is that Engin Akurek in your avatar ?

Kara Para Ask I have nothing else to say :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/celeb/0.14885808?boardId=1787

Lee Min Ho: "'The King: Eternal Monarch' will be etched in my mind for a long time"

0004223650_001_20200613091307142.jpg?typ

The drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" created a deep echo in viewers' heart until its very last moment. This is thanks to the passion for work of Lee Min Ho, the actor who gave himself up to the drama throughout 8 months.

The Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS/ Scriptwriter: Kim Eun Sook/ Directors: Baek Sang Hoon, Jung Ji Hyun/ Producer: Hwa&Dam Pictures) recently ended with episode 16 on June 12.

Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho), who has reigned the empire for 26 years after killing Lee Rim (played by Lee Jung Jin) - still sometimes shares his daily life with Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun), who went through lots of trouble to meet him again. The two travel to many other parallel worlds and enjoy everyday happiness together. Going along with Lee Min Ho's narration, "We decide to love the fate that chose us. Just today, just need today. Forever" is the scene the two of them still hold each other's hands warmly despite their old age. This image has left a memorable resonance in TV viewers as well as deeply touched their hearts.

Playing King Lee Gon of the Great Korean Empire, Lee Min Ho exhibited his outstandingly developed ability to get into the character through the mature acting knacks and visual suitable for the role. Thereby, he contributed to creating a fantasy romance drama encapsulating deep emotions different from previous productions.

From romantic and deep love story, risking one's life to protect love, to the calm demeanor of a country leader, incredible charisma in royal suits, and outstanding acting in action scenes, Lee Min Ho has successfully conquered the hearts of female audiences around the world when transforming into a character that seems to exist only in the imagination like Lee Gon. Thereby, he has once again proven his outstanding, irreplaceable ability and status as an actor playing lead roles.

Above all, Lee Min Ho has led the drama's storyline by his increasingly mature acting chops. In addition to delicate acting with the eyes to attract attention, his expressive capability and decisive, manly tone of voice have contributed to creating values for the character as well as increasing the drama's appeal. Besides, Lee Min Ho's moderate acting as he showed complicated and vague emotions in the character's heart was viewed as the best part of each episode.

In addition, in the monologue scenes that change the atmosphere of the drama, Lee Min Ho's charismatic acting has promoted the sense of tension and touching emotion for each moment in the drama, and at the same time, portrayed more clearly the strong and genuine affection. That is the driving force behind the happenings in the second half of the work.

Many concerns and efforts of Korean Emperor Lee Gon were clearly reflected by Lee Min Ho in the drama. For Lee Min Ho, the 8 months spent with "The King: Eternal Monarch" is a time of profound meaning. Actor Lee Min Ho recalled his special feelings for the drama and his role, "This work is my starting drama as an actor in my 30s. I will remember this time as a useful lesson, contributing to forming my future. Above all, I am delighted that once again, after a long time, I got a chance to work with the great scriptwriter, director, and cast on the set, "The King: Eternal Monarch" is the drama that I work harder on set than ever, so I think it will be etched in my mind for a long time."

Lee Min Ho then touched the audience's hearts by expressing his sincere gratitude and giving comfort to them, saying, "I want to thank the audience and fans who have waited for me over a long time. I hope that everyone will be healthy and not sick during this pandemic, and that you can confidently walk your chosen path. I will also always try my best and strongly move forward step by step."

Through "The King: Eternal Monarch", Lee Min Ho made his new start more meaningful as an actor in his 30s. Hence, the public is showing more and more expectations for Lee Min Ho's increasingly stable and wide acting career.

https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/celeb/0.14885808?boardId=1787https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/celeb/0.14885808?boardId=1787

• Like 8
  • Love 6

18 hours ago, scrawford said:

IDK why, but somehow i want LMH to go dark on his next project, not a good guy/perfect lover. More like flawed character that would have a good character arc? and have a complete 180 transformation, like Cut his hair shorter or Buzz cut (depending on the character. and while i don't like overly bulky guy, i want LMH to bulk up a bit. Like when he was on City Hunter and Heirs, but more define toned muscles and abs heheheh...I know that when he gained weight, his face gets rounder, but it wasn't the case with City Hunter or heirs, because he gained muscle. 

TKEM is a thank you project for his fans who had been waiting for his comeback. i love how LG is written and LMH did really good. While it can be the same formula like his other past character, as an actor he carried Lee Gon differently. LG has range of emotions and LMH did so well in portraying those range.

But, as a fan, i released him to do something absolutely different. Even doing Movies likes "Silenced". it was the kind of movie that challenge the SK social justice towards the Disability. 

I hope his global fans would be ok with him doing roles that are way different than the usual.

Welp this is my FIRST TIME POSTING in this Thread. On that note I too want him to do something DARK, Villain?, Anti Hero/Joker/DARK.That potential needs to be explored. I did not like his Heirs Look but as per project Actors Mold their Looks so lets see.

I am one of his GLOBAL FANS, I rooted for a LG / LMH gone dark in parallel universe that never happened. I am all for experimentation :D (TK:EM was Nice but was Unbalanced in terms of Overall Dynamics of Good and EVIL that it synopsized on .)

About Mount-Jiri, All check marks for finalized people, But I have rarely seen 2 actors collaborate again within a span of 5 years that early in K business ALAS!!!..WONDERFUL if it happens though :D

It's not the doubtfulness of him playing a 2nd LEAD, The SCRIPT HAS TO BE SOLID IMO, A second lead can very well take the cake from First Lead if properly done.  Play a character that Just blows one's mind off.

I wish to see him paired with Han hyo Joo though(IMO she acted better than LJS in W , he just turns his charm pants On and everyone forgets everything :ph34r:) , even if it is not possible so soon with my fav pairing JJH :) .  PBY is also great but again I don't really see them as a couple vibe. So Thriller investigation with PBY/LMH without any romantic interest will work.

• Like 10

The article from Vlive that @syntyche  quoted on this page is incredible.  
The  part that says: “ he has once again proven his outstanding irreplaceable ability and status as an actor playing lead roles” is my favourite bit ! Suddenly there seems to be a lot of appreciation of his great work in TKEM. It’s awesome!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 7

Jung Il Woo Proves Sweet Friendship with Lee Min Ho Still Strong Until Now

0000055337.jpg

Lee Min Ho's comeback drama titled 'The King: Eternal Monarch' apparently stole the attention of Jung Il Woo. Known to be close friends with Lee Min Ho, he is not awkward in providing sweet support online.

The entertainment world of South Korea has its own charm among its fans. Not only studded with actresses, actors to idols with captivating visuals. But one thing that is not less glimpsed by fans is the interaction of the artist themselves because it is known that some of them have a sweet relationship to close friends.

One of them is Lee Min Ho, who has long been known to have a special affinity with fellow handsome actor Jung Il Woo . Both of these popular actors are known to have formed friendships since attending high school and are still going strong. This was proven by the two of them not forgetting to throw in support when they were undergoing the latest project.

Included in Lee Min Ho's comeback drama titled " The King: Eternal Monarch . Although now the drama has just finished, but Jung Il Woo seems to always be faithful to watch Lee Min Ho in every episode. The reason is right on the day of the final episode" The King: Eternal Monarch ", the 32-year-old actor shared a portrait while watching Lee Min Ho's action on the screen.

The sweet portrait was shared by Jung Il Woo via the Instagram Story page. Suddenly sweet support became a warm conversation among the netizens. They claimed to be touched because Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo kept being cute in the midst of each other's activities.

EakDdWWUcAETE4V?format=jpg&name=small

" Are they 1 agency? " Netizen asked. " A very supportive friend ," praised the others. " Jungilwoo leeminho and kimbum are still friends now (emojis) ," said another netter. " A true friend who is resilient. Oppa Jung and Lee's spirit, awaited for his comeback again ," exclaimed the others.

https://www.kanal247.com/media/konten/0000055337.html

• Like 12
  • Love 4

On 6/14/2020 at 4:24 PM, CarolynH said:

My vote is (1)quizzes, (2)favorites (3)then the Good Day series.

I vote for 1) favorites, 2) quizzes, and 3) Good Day series and then Toyota, but any order is ok with me.

Thanks for taking the lead on  this, @CarolynH!

As far as costars, I don’t care with whom he’s paired. He has been terrific with each actress he has worked with! And if he chooses to, I’d bet he either has influence in who is cast as his costar or takes who his costar would likely be into account before accepting a contract.

• Like 9

Hi Minoz. this my first comment here but  iv been actually lurking in this thread since 2015 and i know many of you :D.

anyway; me too i rlly want him to star in a project that challenges him as an actor ( like modern villain roles for example :naughty:) cause i believe he has alot to offer and it gives us the chance to see other sides of him.

aside from movies and dramas; i wish that he could be featured in a singer's music video like his old video with sandara park; especially after i saw the video he posted on ig dancing to a certain music.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Whatever he chooses, I will be supporting.  :D  I agree with the comment that The King was a thank you to the fans who have been waiting for him.  A KES drama would be hard to turn down, and she wrote this one for him.  It delivered big time, and now that his comeback project is done, he can pursue something different.  I personally feel he has been pretty savvy with his career.

There is a drama coming up that matches my idea for him.  It's called Squid Game/Round Six, and stars Lee Jung-jae and Park Hae-soo.  It has a great director, top actors, is not a romance, and is available only on Netflix.  The two leads are already chosen, but I would enjoy seeing LMH in something like this.  :)

SEOUL, Sept 2, 2019 - Netflix Inc., the world’s leading Internet entertainment service, announced that award-winning director Hwang Dong-hyuk will produce a new Korean original series, Round Six.

Round Six is a story of people who fail at life for various reasons, but suddenly receive a mysterious invitation to participate in a survival game to win ten million US dollars. The game takes place at an unknown location, and the participants are locked up until there is a final winner. The story will incorporate popular children’s games from the 1970s and 1980s of Korea, such as squid game, literal translation of its Korean name, which is a type of tag where offense and defense use a squid-shaped board drawn in the dirt.

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk is known for his latest work, The Fortress (2017), for which he won numerous prestigious awards, including best screenplay at Blue Dragon Film Awards. For audiences outside Korea, Hwang is also well associated with a huge box office hit Miss Granny (2014), which has been adapted in many Asian countries, such as China, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines.

“I’m already thrilled at the prospect of introducing Round Six to global audience through Netflix. I also have high expectations for the great collaborative work I’ll be having with them,” explains Hwang as this is his first time working with the global entertainment company.

Round Six will be available only on Netflix, with its launch date to be announced at a later time.  source

I also want to see him with short hair.  (Am I sounding too demanding?)  :lol:

7d86b61bad996f9b0e57a600127a13904bee6d1b

July 2018

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Whatever he chooses, I will be supporting.  :D  I agree with the comment that The King was a thank you to the fans who have been waiting for him.  A KES drama would be hard to turn down, and she wrote this one for him.  It delivered big time, and now that his comeback project is done, he can pursue something different.  I personally feel he has been pretty savvy with his career.

sorry for cutting your post short. So he took KES's offer 1)because it is KES drama and hard to reject 2)he wanted to thank his fans for waiting for him. Thus, he didn't hesitate and took the offer to let us see him soon 3)LMH himself did not want to come back with a drama and maybe he even didn't like the story as much because if you guys remember LMH was asked during TKEM why he chose this drama and he honestly said it was because of KES. He didn't say anything like he was attracted to the characters. did he? correct me if I am wrong. LMH is always very honest and direct when he is being asked questions. This could mean that he thought that he fans have been waiting for so long and KES drama is worthy of coming back and that he can trust KES. 

So now he will probably choose different projects. Movie industry can provide the best opportunities to explore different genres and characters. If that is what he wants, I will surely support him. He needs to build his career as a movie star. LMH isn't a type of actor who accepts mediocre dramas. The drama has to offer something special. He chose to come back with TKEM because KES's name was behind it. I am kinda sad that despite his full trust, KES and the production team did not fully fulfill their tasks. I think it is best he goes to movie industry and gain experience along with amazing co-stars and directors. Movie industry is a whole different world. I already miss him weekly :tears:but he is an actor and needs to fulfill his own passion and desires too. 

Any news from an upcoming interview?? Are interviews halted because of the pandemic? I really miss his interviews. Miss him so much already!!:bawling:

By the way, one good thing about movies is that they promote a lot and we can see LMH in many press conferences. There are also particular award ceremony for Korean movies. Dragon award? and so on. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

He chose to come back with TKEM because KES's name was behind it. I am kinda sad that despite his full trust, KES and the production team did not fully fulfill their tasks.

I believe the whole cast placed their trust in writer Kim and the production team. If you rewatch the the press conference, everyone sort of gave a disclaimer that the drama will be very confusing so you have to pay great attention or you will miss important details. Kge said the drama gets better as it continues but you have to start from the beginning to understand later. WDH said the two worlds can get confusing so you have to pay attention to what’s on the screen to know which world you’re in. LJJ urged viewers to pay attention to every scene. Lmh also admitted he was quite confused reading the script at some point before TKEM aired. It’s clear to me the whole cast trusted writer Kim and the production team even though they were pretty confused about the script lol. Like you said, sadly, I don’t think the writer and production team fulfilled their task. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I believe the whole cast placed their trust in writer Kim and the production team. If you rewatch the the press conference, everyone sort of gave a disclaimer that the drama will be very confusing so you have to pay great attention or you will miss important details. Kge said the drama gets better as it continues but you have to start from the beginning to understand later. WDH said the two worlds can get confusing so you have to pay attention to what’s on the screen to know which world you’re in. LJJ urged viewers to pay attention to every scene. Lmh also admitted he was quite confused reading the script at some point before TKEM aired. It’s clear to me the whole cast trusted writer Kim and the production team even though they were pretty confused about the script lol. Like you said, sadly, I don’t think the writer and production team fulfilled their task. 

:tears: OMG!! You are right! LMH said he was confused. Why does it hurt now that I remember our baby was confused too? 

To be honest, I was both happy and sad that TKEM is over. Sad because despite all the stuff, I saw LMH every week and the story got better every episode and I liked their chemistry more towards the end of the story. I was happy it was over because I wanted him to move on and come back with a better project like a movie. 

Rough translation of a NEW article!!! :glasses:  

Lee Min-ho, Korea actor'overwhelming influence of Korean Wave'

=2020061610165003719d3244b4fed18217218612

Lee Min-ho continued to show the strong influence of the Korean Wave by becoming the #1 Korean actor with overwhelming number of followers on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Weibo.

Lee Min-ho is a global TOP actor with the largest number of SNS followers among Korean actors. Representatively, the number of followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter reached 17.3 million, 16.6 million and 3 million respectively, and Weibo surpassed 28.5 million (as of June 16). This is the number one record for all Korean actors.

In particular, in the case of Weibo and Facebook, it is showing the enormous global popularity as the overwhelming number one among all Korean artists, including singers and actors.

Even after the SBS `The King: The Lord of Eternity` (hereafter The King) ended on the 12th, Lee Min-ho's global popularity continues to rise. Lee Min-ho, who showed perfect visuals and mature acting that doubled the aura and dignity of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire, took control of the woman's heart with her unique emperor charm, further expanding global interest. Riding on Netflix, which has overseas viewers from over 190 countries, its ripple power is getting stronger.

Thanks to Lee Min-ho's passion,'The King: Lord of Eternity' maintained the number 1 position for 7 consecutive weeks in the wave ranking of the domestic online video service (OTT) platform, and Netflix, the world's largest OTT In addition, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Nigeria, etc., ranked first in the weekly TV show rankings. In Japan, India, Chile, and the Dominican Republic, it maintained the top rank with popular content to realize the global status of Lee Min-ho.

http://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202006160210&t=NN

Lee Min-ho breaks through 28 million Weibo followers... Unique Korean Wave Influence  https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000289904&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

Lee Min-ho, Facebook-Weibo and other global influence + topical'top among actors'  http://www.mhns.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=410141

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

:tears: OMG!! You are right! LMH said he was confused. Why does it hurt now that I remember our baby was confused too? 

To be honest, I was both happy and sad that TKEM is over. Sad because despite all the stuff, I saw LMH every week and the story got better every episode and I liked their chemistry more towards the end of the story. I was happy it was over because I wanted him to move on and come back with a better project like a movie. 

You spoke my mind! 

:bawling: as a fan, it does make me hurt for him. I only want the best for him. You know, the relationship we have with him is like rooting for our son. Funny I say that because he is older than me but still lol. :lol:

Me too! I’m sad I won’t get to see him week after week anymore but I’m also excited for his next project. I want it to be soon but more importantly, it’s better that he comes back with a strong script and character even if it takes time. I’ll just wait here patiently. I did it for 3 years, another year or so won’t hurt. I wish the next time he meets us onscreen, it’ll be a major hit! :D

*edit* by major hit, I mean in South Korea. Because we know TKEM crushed it overseas :D

• Like 6
  • Love 3