Confessions of a Drama Addict (Part 3): Their First First Love

agenth

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Are we including girl crushes?

I don't know. @agenth are we?

If we are, my first girl crush was the lovely Yoon Eun Hye - whom I watched in Goong, Coffee Prince, Lie To Me and other dramas.

Yoon_Eun-Hye-p002.jpg

I'm too sad she doesn't act anymore. :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

wait.

Are we including girl crushes?

yes !! Of course !!

traditionally oppa or noons is awarded status for being especially dreamy, but who didn’t like unnies here?

one of my first girl crushes was Kim so hyun in IRIS

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

I had many crushes before kdrama became popular, mostly rock stars and my school athletes. Messy looking guys singing my fav songs or hunky boys.

So the eyeliner and makeup wearing males  are not attractive to me.  In fact, I find the ultra straight noses or pinched noses and wide-eyed looks to be very distracting. I just cannot go ga ga over actors or idols - I don't listen to Korean music.

I don't even remember who was my first crush - it was long ago.

I am happy when they give good performances. Then it's off to another daily. :getmygrooveon:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

On 8/24/2023 at 1:12 AM, agenth said:
  • Who was your first love / oppa / noona from a drama you watched? Do you remember falling in drama love for the first time? What was the reason, or how did it happen?
  • Was it someone else who came before your current first love / oppa / noona?  Or is your current first love / oppa / noonabeen your one and only / the first?
  • Is there a reason your first love is not your current love anymore? Was it simply time, or new exciting prospects of abs that tempted you away? Or perhaps a "scandal", my oh my! (Or it was the very realistic Truck of Doom getting to them, so you couldn't help but acquire a new oppa/unnie?)
  • If your first oppa / unnie is still your current love, how did you manage never to be swayed away by all the other oppas and unnies you saw as time passed? Please share your eternal love-tips! 

1. Lee Min Ho lmao...---LOTBS, how did it happen...I love Heo Jun Jae thats why haha.

2. Yes

3. My Current Love entices me far far more ....its TRUE LOVE... Lol

4. My current love came 2 months after my first love , its been 3+ years now lol....Eternal Love tips is to just criticize everyone else and join fandoms who amplify the love more lmao.....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, madmad min said:

1. Lee Min Ho lmao...---LOTBS, how did it happen...I love Heo Jun Jae thats why haha.

one of the best lines in kdrama indeed, like someone commented. he is just really iconic, so i understand

who is your current oppa if i may ask? how did you discover them?

On 8/27/2023 at 8:29 PM, maribella said:

So the eyeliner and makeup wearing males  are not attractive to me.  In fact, I find the ultra straight noses or pinched noses and wide-eyed looks to be very distracting. I just cannot go ga ga over actors or idols - I don't listen to Korean music.

what do you mean by pinched noses? you mean you don't like LMH's nose? :D 

i must say that the daily actors have quite more memorable features, though... but if you had to decide, who would you pick then ? it can be more recent as well.

On 8/27/2023 at 4:01 PM, willenette said:

wow that's quite a list. how did you rate them, is it just by order of appearance, or level of attractiveness or random?

On 8/27/2023 at 3:52 AM, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I don't really have an oppa, LOL! Keanu is the closest I'd describe as an oppa, and perhaps, Michael Maguire as the Enjolras of 10th anniversary Les Miserables.

Having cut my teeth watching animes as my first dramas of sort, I tend to gravitate to actors that have large and/or expressive eyes as the most attractive...somewhat like him, hahaha!

so you have to fight @partyon for Keanu then? :D where did you see Keanu first? 

but what do you think of my oppa Ji Chang Wook then? He has large, very expressive eyes as well - and is quite amazing at eye acting and portraying emotions!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

As for my start with kdramas, I remember that my sister was gushing about Boys over flowers and Lee Min Ho all the time. So I checked it. I liked the style, so different from western media, that was new to me, but Lee Min Ho was not my type. Next I watched Full House and I remember thinking that Rain was handsome, but the first time I fell head over heels for an oppa (and he was my number 1 for a long time), it was with Choi Si Won in Oh! My lady. It took about 5 seconds for me to fall in love, haha!! :heart2beat:

spacer.png

Later I got a few more kdrama husbands: Gong Yoo, Song Seung Heon, Park Bo Gum... and Seo Kang Joon is the last one that stole my heart. I love them all, haha!! :heart:

As for girls, my crush is Han Hyo Joo, who I find super cool, fun and likeable. I always watch her dramas.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

48 minutes ago, agenth said:

so you have to fight @partyon for Keanu then? :D where did you see Keanu first? 

Trust me! Keanu was MY ULTIMATE OPPA before @MayanEcho even laid eyes on him for the first time. :yum: Can you believe that I already started liking him before he even appeared in Point Break in 1991! 
keanu reeves 90s GIF

Yes, I’m an ahjumma. 

Proud Self Five GIF by Zara Larsson

@Rollito Deprimavera Omo! You also fell for Siwon in Oh! My Lady? Me toooooo, chingu!

Anyone else who likes Keanu here?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, agenth said:

wow that's quite a list. how did you rate them, is it just by order of appearance, or level of attractiveness or random?

@agenth  yes, I really have plenty of them...............and I rate them as all equal, so, it's random.  :Megalol:   and BTW, this was quoted by @maribella and not myself - "So the eyeliner and makeup wearing males  are not attractive to me.  In fact, I find the ultra straight noses or pinched noses and wide-eyed looks to be very distracting. I just cannot go ga ga over actors or idols - I don't listen to Korean music. " - :kisslevel:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

9 hours ago, agenth said:

what do you mean by pinched noses? you mean you don't like LMH's nose? :D 

Not him, his nose seems to match the face. I am not going to mention the guys or I'll be roasted. An example is the actress Im in Gracious family. That is so distracting.

Looks are not everything but it takes effort on my part to go beyond the looks.

Also the screaming woman in MIAV's nose.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

56 minutes ago, maribella said:

Not him, his nose seems to match the face. I am not going to mention the guys or I'll be roasted. An example is the actress Im in Gracious family. That is so distracting.

Looks are not everything but it takes effort on my part to go beyond the looks.

Also the screaming woman in MIAV's nose.

@maribella biased aside, I very much agree with you. Lee Min Ho has well-defined nose, that's why it looks attractive. For me, a Korean man’s nose should be high-bridged and straight with a round pointy tip. It should also blend or fit with the other facial features so that it’s proportionate to the face. And that's my man, Lee Min Ho!  :ohboy2:

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

@agenth There's no need to fight @partyon over Keanu, cos he's the universal, coolest oppa/hyung/ahjussi. B) First movie of his I watched was Speed.

16 hours ago, agenth said:

but what do you think of my oppa Ji Chang Wook then? He has large, very expressive eyes as well - and is quite amazing at eye acting and portraying emotions!

He was alright from the few episodes I've seen of Empress Ki. Uhm, I like actors and actress who can pull it when they're in costume drama roles. If they're still beautiful all covered up and possibly in weird, heavy hairstyling, then they're really beautiful. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

17 hours ago, agenth said:

who is your current oppa if i may ask? how did you discover them?

I dont have a oppa anymore its a Gege lol....

Oppas are too young for me...but if I had to choose someone I may toss between Gong yoo and So ji Sub lol..

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

BTW @partyon how come the guy in Tomorrow isn't in the list?  He could be someone's new love if not first. He hasn't had leading roles yet.

Looks like you're interested to claim him as your oppa, chingu?

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

Lee Soo Hyuk oppa is your style too?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

He is @joccu's oppa, my oppa, @Ameera Ali's oppa, @Min2206's oppa, but he's none of our first first k-oppas sadly.

I will let you in on a little secret. I first got acquainted with him through the tabloids - he was a model at that time and was close with the YG idols (Bigbang and 2NE1). So I knew him through kpop. He looked like this at that time:

lee-soo-hyuk-1.jpg

He was a model - not an idol or an actor.

Fast forward a few years later and I see him for the first time in a drama. This was back in 2014 when High School King of Savvy was airing, and I admit that his shower scene was hot.

:4267_LiccGif:

A few months later in 2014/2015 I watched him as a hot carpenter who has an affair with the FL playing the wife in Valid Love.

41d09267aa01eda0896bc6723bc8ba15.jpg

All of his fangirls invaded the drama thread here on Soompi and it got real ugly at some point too. The few of us who were on the husband's side (ML) got overrun by the LSH fangirls. Some people even quit Soompi after that drama 'cause the drama thread was a war zone. :D

Honestly, I found him handsome but not oppa material - and I was anyway more interested in the story and kept rooting for anyone else but him. :D 

Fast forward some more years, and the dude kept popping up in different dramas. He just kind of grew on me as the years passed and he got older and more charismatic. :wub:

I think he finally became officially my oppa back when Doom At Your Service aired in 2021. @joccu was gracious enough to give me a 1% share of him.

:yay:

lee-soo-hyuk-cha-joo-ik.gif

If you or @MayanEcho want a share of him too, I would negotiate with @joccu. She is normally quite nice about sharing her oppas. :kiss_wink:

PS. He has been offered his first lead role btw!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He was alright from the few episodes I've seen of Empress Ki. Uhm, I like actors and actress who can pull it when they're in costume drama roles. If they're still beautiful all covered up and possibly in weird, heavy hairstyling, then they're really beautiful. 

Ji_Chang_Wook_empress_ki_Ta_hwan.gif

please have another look :D

I will try to find a gif for you that is appealing to you, does this one do the trick? 

3 hours ago, partyon said:

PS. He has been offered his first lead role btw!

deserved! he has a good voice... not my type but i can acknowledge that his gaze carries weight!

5 hours ago, madmad min said:

Oppas are too young for me...but if I had to choose someone I may toss between Gong yoo and So ji Sub lol..

what @partyon said :D

but there are some nice looking ahjusshis too! 

thanks for letting me know though, because i was quite curious!

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Sorry but her voice wins most annoying price hands down 

and @maribella, who? don't know the abbreviation but would like to find out the voice...forewarned is forearmed..

14 minutes ago, agenth said:

I will try to find a gif for you that is appealing to you, does this one do the trick? 

How about this one @MayanEcho ?

fullsizephoto634777.jpg

14 minutes ago, agenth said:

and @maribella, who? don't know the abbreviation but would like to find out the voice...forewarned is forearmed..

You're welcome!

Me:

pillow-head.gif

• LOL 1