[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

9 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon  the ratings was not that good but weirdly that daily was pretty good. 

It's because it was barf. You love barf dramas, chingu. :loolz:

Which daily has been the most barf ever? I can put up a poll on this thread if someone wants to. Please give your suggestions on most barf dailies and any questions you would like to ask after the first few episodes of this drama. :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon  So true.  :loolz:

most barfies daily? hmm. I have to think that about little. @Ameera Ali  do you have suggestions about the barfies daily or @maribella

which character do you find most amusing? 

how many people do you think will end up dead?

in which episode do you think we will see the child speak?

in which episode we will end up in the past? or do you think that they don´t show the past? 

• Love 3

6 hours ago, joccu said:

@partyon  So true.  :loolz:

most barfies daily? hmm. I have to think that about little. @Ameera Ali  do you have suggestions about the barfies daily or @maribella

which character do you find most amusing? 

how many people do you think will end up dead?

in which episode do you think we will see the child speak?

in which episode we will end up in the past? or do you think that they don´t show the past? 

@joccu you have just set the first poll ! 

Give the questions to @partyon, she'll do it.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Sorry for the off-topic discussion @liyahsbutterfly You know us EOs - we're a bit lax with that rule ourselves. We're just all here to have fun! hehe

No worries! This daily is a bit slow (honestly, I don't know if I'll keep watching it.) Feel free to have some discussions. :fullofhearts:

Also, I don't think Ju-Kyung is pretending to be her twin. This daily might do something different instead.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Also, I don't think Ju-Kyung is pretending to be her twin. This daily might do something different instead.

I don't think so either, but we'll see how she reacts when she meets Soo-A for the first time. 

I would suggest coming back when the show hits Episode 20. At some point, they will have to reveal of how Ju-Kyung went to prison.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

9 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't think so either, but we'll see how she reacts when she meets Soo-A for the first time.

After further review - I still think its her avenging her friend.

Here is another synopsis that goes into greater detail than the first, and says its essentially her ... This is the synopsis first carried on the biggies - Viki, MyDramaList, etc

... " Gi Yun is a clever and good-looking chairman of WJ Entertainment. He is a rich romanticist of the century who seems perfect on the outside, but he is also an ambitious man with a dark secret that he cannot tell others. His wife, Shin Ju Kyung, was able to rise from poverty by marrying Gi Yun, just like Cinderella from the fairytale. She is a perfect mother and a lovely wife with a great career until an unexpected incident steals everything away from her. Jung Woo Hyuk, a rookie actor at NA Entertainment who continues his acting career after overcoming the misery of his incompetent agency, misses his mentor, Ju Kyung, who suddenly disappeared. At the moment, Seo Hee Jae, who looks just like Ju Kyung, walks into NA Entertainment. Woo Hyuk gets confused when he sees Hee Jae, and she intentionally approaches Gi Yun. Who destroyed her life, and how will she get back the perfect life she lost? " ...

I suspect the producers figured at some point before the launch that they may have given away too much because alot of the other smaller sites have this small 2 line synopsis ...

..." A love story between a woman and a man who take revenge to recover neglected justice and lost families. " ...

Additionally, the set up as is, falls flat if she simply is the friend - she's already announced to almost everyone she's friends with the dead wife, no big surprise for anyone there for the remaining 96 episodes - If she's the friend, the little girl gets a step mother? The struggling actor gets a step mentor?  Sorry, I just can't get there. 

I think the last line in the first synopsis is the tale - Who destroyed her life, and how will she get back the perfect life she lost?

The ex will turn out to be shady but not a murderer, they start to fall in love again. The daughter will be the first to conclusively figure out its Mom ( we will get the highly coveted 3 x "Omma's" ).  The struggling actor will get played by the opposing side before returning to his mentors wisdom and prospering. 

Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The ex will turn out to be shady but not a murderer, they start to fall in love again. The daughter will be the first to conclusively figure out its Mom ( we will get the highly coveted 3 x "Omma's" ).  The struggling actor will get played by the opposing side before returning to his mentors wisdom and prospering. 

You have dissected it quite well @LeftCoastOppa but if she were the mother, wouldn't she be dying to see her baby? Other corny dailies got that right. A mum looks for her baby before anything else.

But there she was, acting juvenile changing her clothes in a lift with a guy in it. I think she was trying to be sassy, nah, totally failed, she sounds cantankerous.
If this is a comedic revenge, this is neither funny nor vengeful.

We did not get the 3 'unnies' or 'tongsengs' in WIAV. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, maribella said:

You have dissected it quite well @LeftCoastOppa but if she were the mother, wouldn't she be dying to see her baby? Other corny dailies got that right. A mum looks for her baby before anything else.

But there she was, acting juvenile changing her clothes in a lift with a guy in it. I think she was trying to be sassy, nah, totally failed, she sounds cantankerous.
If this is a comedic revenge, this is neither funny nor vengeful.

What we don't know is how long she was in prison before she "died".  Its not like Second Husband, where the FL thought her baby died, only to figure out he was still alive - If she knows the child is alive and well, she may be simply biding her time and plotting her revenge.

Further, if she was to reveal herself to her daughter prematurely, we would be treated to near endless episodes of watching the kdrama legal system grind to a ridiculous halt, because we all know that even if you're her mother with a certified DNA test kdrama law says ... sorry, you've been declared dead ... no kid for you.  

Sorry, I think we're headed for a drawn out slow reveal, where one by one, the people around her start to see personality traits & habits of the "dead" wife ... think Miss Montecristo, but goofier.

Lastly - the daughter

If the FL isn't the dead wife, where is the kumbaya ending for the little girl?  The FL may get her to speak, they may even form a genuine bond, but if the FL is truly just the friend, she has no rights to the child. Dad is "supposedly" a murderer, so theres no way the friend FL is gonna shack up with him just for the child, if he actually murdered her Mom.

FL is the "dead" wife, and 2FL & DF Oppa are the bad guys

Thats What I Think Episode 5 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

DF oppa meaning disco oppa? he is the bad guy? waaah

Thats Disco Fighting Oppa yes.

All is not lost though, his character synopsis, says he holds the ML responsible for the murder of a loved one, and is in cahoots with 2FL.  If the ML is somehow exonerated, the DF Oppa could join Team Good

d41ddaece7373b0d62af92eaf146267c.gif

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

I guess I am the only one who likes the weird choice of music? :lol:

the ending song has such a trot vibe. I even like background disco-esque music. feel like shaking my shoulders like this lady when I hear the music. :lol:

Jang Yoonjeong Jang Yunjeong GIF - Jang Yoonjeong Jang Yunjeong Ktrot -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

wasn't @LeftCoastOppa over the clouds for one? ^_^

Are you talking about this lady? :scream:

no-chingu.gif

5 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Two episodes of this drama, out of curiosity and nope! I'm not gonna watch it!!

Chingu, am shocked! :scream: Then again I didn't even attempt to watch it. :joy:

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

If the ML is somehow exonerated, the DF Oppa could join Team Good

I don't know. Wouldn't it be more fun if Disco Oppa would be on Team Evil

evil-dance-devil-dance.gif

17 hours ago, maribella said:

Give the questions to @partyon, she'll do it.

Chingus, am good to do a poll for you! I need nominations on the most barfy daily dramas, though! Give me some suggestions on which to include in the poll!

Angry I Want GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• LOL 4

14 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I'm not watching it either. Back to Meant To Be it is! (I'll still watch over this thread though.)

I think it's good that you're watching over this thread. You know how things become, when @Ameera Ali and I get started. LOL :D

• LOL 3

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

If the FL isn't the dead wife, where is the kumbaya ending for the little girl?  The FL may get her to speak, they may even form a genuine bond, but if the FL is truly just the friend, she has no rights to the child. Dad is "supposedly" a murderer, so theres no way the friend FL is gonna shack up with him just for the child, if he actually murdered her Mom.

FL is the "dead" wife, and 2FL & DF Oppa are the bad guys

I love these daily drama threads, thats when we all discussed the ending already when the drama is only on its Week 1 (out of 20 weeks) :rickroll:

Started this with my fingers on ff mode quite frequently but I have to say I enjoy this better than Woman in A Veil? Yes, it has that Love Twist feel, which I enjoyed very much (because of its unpredictable plot)!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4