[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

• liyahsbutterfly changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Premieres August 7th - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST - Cast: Han Ji Wan, Kim Jin Woo, Kang Yul, Son Sung Yoon
8 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I don't know if it's just the theme/background music, but this drama feels way too lighthearted for a revenge daily. Is it meant to be that way?

I have a feeling, they want to make this show more of a comedy and less melodramatic.  

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon , @liyahsbutterfly , @Lmangla, @joccu isn’t enough they recycle the same revenge doormat women they recycle posters too

They did more than that, its a Miss Montecristo reunion.

- DF Oppa (who looks terrible)

- Top knot Ahjumma (with better hair this time)

- Sleazy thieving Dad (better dressed) 

- Miss M's Mom

The same chair in both posters was also used in promos for Red Shoes ... they're certainly getting their moneys worth out of that prop

16 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I don't know if it's just the theme/background music, but this drama feels way too lighthearted for a revenge daily. Is it meant to be that way?

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

7 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:
7 hours ago, kboramint said:

I have a feeling, they want to make this show more of a comedy and less melodramatic.  

Well the poster definitely lied to us. I didn't sign up for this!

One Hundred Percent GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

The music & dialog is way to goofy for a revenge drama - I hope Writer/PD-nim grow out of it quickly

6 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Definitely a possibility. A daily with the ML being the main villain is something new.

I don't think the ML is a villain (yet)

He seemed shocked when he first sees the FL in the elevator, but not in a "you're supposed to be dead" way.   We need to see the dynamic of punching bag boy with the FL  - is it going to be as the flashback showed us, mentor/pupil?  Or is he going to be the love rival to the ML?

BOLD EPISODE 1 PREDICTION -

Ms Headbutt & Mr Broken Nose will be an item by the drama's end. 

Lastly, is it just me or has our FL been "augmented" since we last saw her in Witch's Game?  I'm not complaining ... just making an observation ... :rolleyes:

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I don't think the ML is a villain (yet)

He seems to be alright that his wife money laundered with a politician. 

----

The synopsis describes Shin Ju-Kyung as a perfect mother and lovely wife with a great career until an unexpected incident steals everything from her. I'm hoping that we could see that in later episodes that show flashbacks.   

• Like 4

This looks like a great show for us to 'discuss'. 

As usual, the ex- husband did not know of any twin. Nor her own mother? Yes, she remembered giving birth but it's like Man in the iron mask, the other twin was spirited away to some place. She thought the baby died.

The SFL and the little girl were from Love Twist.

I agree @liyahsbutterfly, it does not give a real revenge feel. The FL was haughty and sophisticated at the airport, then she was all fiesty, girly and impetuous girl which was more fitting to an early 20's person. I hope this won't remain the atmosphere or it will become a farce like Becoming witch. 

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Lastly, is it just me or has our FL been "augmented" since we last saw her in Witch's Game?  I'm not complaining ... just making an observation ... :rolleyes:

where? She still looks like a stick like in Witch's game. Nice stick.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Also, notice that the ML's father died a year ago AND it's been a year since the FL last talked to her twin. This might be important to the story. Also, the actor that plays ML's father is on the supporting cast. Which means he'll appear soon but how can he when the first episode shows that he has already died. In flashbacks maybe?    

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kboramint said:

He seems to be alright that his wife money laundered with a politician. 

He knows that she's manipulating the assemblyman, yes.  Does he know she's money laundering? He wasn't in that scene :unsure:

That aside, I was going more towards who the killer is - after seeing her in the elevator, and even smiling at her abrupt wardrobe change, he strolled rather unconcerned into the garage ... if he was in on the murder, I just figured he'd be alittle more upset seeing his "dead" wife.

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

where? She still looks like a stick like in Witch's game. Nice stick.

Eh, maybe I'm imagining things ... :rolleyes:

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

1 minute ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

He knows that she's manipulating the assemblyman, yes.  Does he know she's money laundering? He wasn't in that scene

You are correct. 

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

That aside, I was going more towards who the killer is - after seeing her in the elevator, and even smiling at her abrupt wardrobe change, he strolled rather unconcerned into the garage ... if he was in on the murder, I just figured he'd be alittle more upset seeing his "dead" wife.

I myself, don't think it's the ML that killed his wife. If I had a bold guess. It could be the SFL 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Girl this cheep wig  will not make different  :D- will make people stare more :phew:

He didn't get vibes that she looked like his late wife. It's a little lift. 

If he did not then she would know he was her ex BIL and she should be very conscious of changing next to him. 

That head butting woman is like SR in WIAV, only less crazy. She is not cute.

I hope it gets better.

• LOL 2