[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Didn't he say "Shin Joo-Kyung?" in the elevator but the FL responded by speaking Japanese? 

I missed that part, I guessed that's enough for kdrama, nowadays. A dead woman lookalike, the mother of your child is next to you, looking weird. He spoke her name once. Thanks @kboramint

In Winter Sonata, it was so sad to see how FL reacted. 

I don't think the FL is going to be my favourite or even in my ok list of actors. 
She's supposed to be spunky, I think, but she's quarrelsome more than spunky.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

So, after catching up with episodes 2&3, its apparent that Soo-A has been watching way too many episodes of Witch's Game ... another little girl with "selective mutism"? - really? :rolleyes:

Moving on ...

After still not fully understanding some of the character dynamics, I decided to try and find a character map and/or a decent synopsis ... of which there are at least 5, after which I quit looking.  What I did find cleared a view things up ... I think. 

- The FL and the dead wife are not twins/sisters - they were friends that happened to look & act like each other

- DF Oppa is the CEO of NA group and is seeking revenge on the ML (WJ CEO) who he believes killed a woman (yet to be seen) that he loved.

Okay, hang on cuz here's where it gets tricky ... (some synopsis don't translate well)

- The 2FL is either DF Oppa's sister OR the sister of the woman DF Oppa is avenging

- FL isn't the friend avenging the "dead wife" - its the wife assuming the the friends identity to avenge herself and the friend, who it seems died in her place.

From the KBS website ...

... " Shin Jugyeong, married to Jang Giyun, the Elegant Empire Entertainment CEO, is a "real-life Cinderella." One day, she gets involved in an accident and loses everything—her journey for revenge begins. " ... 

So ... show of hands ... who's still confused?

:handsup:

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

don't you know? -- there are no eye doctors in kdramas. only magic IVs.  thats why no one recognizes anybody. :lol:

No need - Kdrama IV's cure eye's too :glasses: ... ever see Forecasting Love And Weather?

photo1455661.jpg

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- FL isn't the friend avenging the "dead wife" - its the wife assuming the the friends identity to avenge herself and the friend, who it seems died in her place.

I had a feeling they might use that trope. So, basically, this is like in Penthouse where Shim Su-Ryeon assumes Na Ae-Gyo's indenity and Na Ae-Gyo has died in her place. 

That means there was a reason why they showed her spider tattoo. Will it wash off and reveal that she is really Shin Joo-Kyung. 

---

I'm kinda tired of seeing FLs coming back as her "twin" after faking her death in daily dramas. We already saw this in Heaven's Promise and Miss Monte-Cristo. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon twin , two one women fighting over him , the guy even don’t have full set of six pack  

wifey duty :phew:

No, @Ameera Ali just little ridges. :blush: Who are they trying to fool?

I just don't get this vibe from the FL  ' I know you but pretending not to know you, with you in my revenge list'.  Now if she were Shim, then her reactions around him in episode 2&3 meant she was extremely good at pretending.

I give up. 

• LOL 3

15 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

so the Job taking by @gm4queen

Not sure. Looks like her oppa needs some serious photoshopping of abs. :blink: Maybe you can help @gm4queen, twin?

c41f91818038d13482e8d983cc620048.jpg

He would fit a daily drama with that physique. :sweatingbullets:  He should be paired up with the mean screaming lady from Man in a Veil / Ae Ra from Woman In a Veil. Am sure he could handle her. :D

i-got-this-498-x-278-gif-5d604nolmklelgk

Sorry for the off-topic discussion @liyahsbutterfly You know us EOs - we're a bit lax with that rule ourselves. We're just all here to have fun! hehe

:sweats:

• LOL 5

Eh honestly not really impressed with the drama so far. Feels so out of place for this time slot similar to how Love Twist was but at least that one was funny. (Though that one also took time to get used to.) I know we are only on what like Episode 4 but that’s still 2+ hours to show but there’s just no proper plot and the whole thing feels like a slog. Compare this to Vengenace of the Bride and Woman in a Veil which had an exact plot to follow. Anyone else feel the same? I will just have it on the side playing like I normally do but might have to quit it if it keeps slogging. The storyline of two companies with actors just doesn’t really compel me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not sure. Looks like her oppa needs some serious photoshopping of abs. :blink: Maybe you can help @gm4queen, twin?

Hey, unnie.. My Daniel oppa has nothing to do with this drama yet you bring him up??? :joy: It's a photo from 2010 so doesn't even count now, you know! :D

• LOL 3

15 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

Eh honestly not really impressed with the drama so far.

Chingu, am not watching this drama (you know me, am just a visitor on the daily drama threads and keep up with the dramas through the peeps who tag me @Ameera Ali @Lmangla @maribella @liyahsbutterfly ;) ).

Reading through your post, it sounds like this drama could be a bit of snooze fest, no?

Looking at the writer's previous works, she has only written Happy Sisters - a daily drama from 2017. That drama did not have stellar ratings. :grimace: It did have a barf cheating husband and obsessive liar mistress though @joccu @Lmangla 
:coolshades:

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So ... show of hands ... who's still confused?

Im Not GIF

I don't even own up to the words STILL confused. I am ALWAYS confused when it comes to daily dramas. :sweats:

11 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hey, unnie.. My Daniel oppa has nothing to do with this drama yet you bring him up??? :joy: It's a photo from 2010 so doesn't even count now, you know! :D

With him being in so few dramas...

Spoiler

.... aren't you happy that he at least is being mentioned in some drama threads?

Min Yoongi Mic Drop GIF by BTS

• Like 1
  • LOL 5