[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

57 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Oh it gets better than that ...

- since the police have the corruption ledger, they should know about the money laundering JT was doing for the Assemblyman at the start of the drama, via the art gallery. 

- speaking of art galleries, JK was guilty of art fraud for which she seems to have gotten away with

She just got away with all sorts of crime. This is the first daily drama where the villianous SFL got away with everything. 

Not only this, but who actually owned NA Entertainment after Na Seung-Pil died? Did JT own NA Entertainment? How is this merger even possible? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

It’s over?

So where’s the elegance or the empire?

I guess our rookie actor turned billionaire orphan turned hot shot actor and JK didn’t sail? I have to watch it just to see KY dead and Na not coming back.

The father with dementia has no real role except to move the storyline. Otherwise, how could he die and be resurrected, have dementia/no dementia, belittled his son growing up/protected his murderous attempts ? So strange. 

Well it’s over.

Last poll question:

What’s the score for this show? On a scale of 1 to 10?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

34 minutes ago, maribella said:

What’s the score for this show? On a scale of 1 to 10?

- absolutely no chemistry between our supposed leads

- a secondary character (Top Knot Ahjumma) was the best actor - by far

- nonsensical service agencies - police, mental hospitals, press - inept beyond belief to advance the story

- 80 episodes of Bit Na devotion destroyed, 20 episodes of Na in a coma only to die in the end

- ridiculous story plot holes - Chairman/Dad cannot be a witness or turn evidence because of his dementia, but end the drama in charge and sound enough of mind to appoint JK Chairman? 

By far the worst daily I've completed ( I've been told MIAV and WIAV are worse, happy to say I never watched either:D )

I give it a 2 ... only because Uncle & Oh Na Hee got together -AND- got married and preggers ... all in less than 10 episodes - pretty impressive :lol:

• LOL 3

Thankfully I didn't watch this....so the title is misleading? 

KBS2 daily drama seems to be getting from bad to worse! The last one I watched till the end was "Vengeance of the Bride". "Love Twist" was actually a much better drama than any of the last few!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

give it a 2 ... only because Uncle & Oh Na Hee got together -AND- got married and preggers ... all in less than 10 episodes - pretty impressive

I was going to watch ep.105, maybe not. Sounds like tying up loose ends but didn’t quite make it. 2/10? I shouldn’t vote because watching the first few minutes and FFW to the preview for the last 40-50 episodes didn’t qualify me as a viewer. It’s definitely the worst of the three - MIAV , WIAV.  I remember characters in the MIAV and WIAV but  the characters here are so blah, even the bad guy KY only became evil in the later part. He was in love with JK for a while which wasn’t too evil. 

JK was clearly not KY’s dad’s daughter. I did not think so but given the nonsensical twists, I was ready for anything. The actress widened her eyes to show emotions but how many ways can eyes be widened? She should go back into the chorus and learn. 

The hero, what can I say? He didn’t even widen his eyes, just one expression and one tone. :Megalol:

Ciao everyone, I am watching Uee’s show which I enjoy and sort of plodding through My happy ending, Jang Nara. Of course, Third marriage, still waiting for the FL to drown. See y’all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Same here. I've been watching more MBC dailies now. And I wish SBS still aired them...

I remember that one SBS daily, where the villionous SFL got a 10 episode redeption arc after she was punished by the law and released from prison. I forgot what it was called though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

I remember that one SBS daily, where the villionous SFL got a 10 episode redeption arc after she was punished by the law and released from prison. I forgot what it was called though.  

That was I'm A Mother Too.

• Blob 1