The Second Soompi Survival Games

agenth

52 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

If i were to choose one among them it would be han ji pyeong without a 2nd thought Eonnideul and chinkudeul

Great choice! One of @agenth's favorites. She'll be pleased! :wub:

6b9cfa0244b4b0b711123e44b6166571.jpg

52 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Omo or should i choose shin se gi .....

Aaaahhh....

I will go for han ji pyeong now..

Though a 40% of me says to choose shin se gi.

Shin Se Gi ! :love: Who can forget that bad boy!

Episode 1 Flirt GIF by The Bachelor

50 minutes ago, maribella said:

How about Lee Sang Yi in Once again and hometown Cha cha cha. I haven't seen him as ML, not that I watched kdramas as much as many others  in the forums.

Great choice, chingu! :heart2:

Alright, we only need 4 more people to sign up and we're good to go!

:wow1:

@madmad min @Sunset @UnniSarah and someone else.

and @backstreetboysfan we need your character/actor. :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I chose Actors/Actresses a who have never been a lead yet.  

Awesome! :coolshades:

Since you can only choose one character for this event, which of them will you choose? :kiss_wink:

@4evrkdrama was torn between 8 characters. :grimace:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

1. Yoon ji hoo from Boys over flowers (the character who gave me the first 2nd lead syndrome) 

He gave nothing of the sorts to me. :unamused:Dude was the first kdrama cardboard oppa I had encountered, and I was seriously unimpressed with his acting.

Bored The Office GIF

And the FL's acting was not much better. :unamused:

Scratch that. The whole cast....

Sam The Eagle Burn GIF

• LOL 9

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

. Yoon ji hoo from Boys over flowers (the character who gave me the first 2nd lead syndrome) 

I've watched a lot of kdramas, but my first true second lead syndrom was from Hotel del Luna. I'm still not over it (even watched the Running Man episode to cope with feelings, and I'm not watching the show at all...).

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

24 minutes ago, partyon said:

He gave nothing of the sorts to me. :unamused:Dude was the first kdrama cardboard oppa I had encountered, and I was seriously unimpressed with his acting.

And the FL's acting was not much better. :unamused:

Scratch that. The whole cast....

Couldnt agree more 

Everything you said is true Eonni

:loolz:

It was late realization for me.

Now that i think of it, indeed he is my first cardboard Oppa:loolz:

But first is always first :wub:( i have a soft corner for it only & only because it is my first kdrama:tounge_wink: that made me land into kdramaland ) and i was just an amateur in kdramaland while watching it.  

• LOL 8
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I've watched a lot of kdramas, but my first true second lead syndrom was from Hotel del Luna. I'm still not over it (even watched the Running Man episode to cope with feelings, and I'm not watching the show at all...).

I can count on one hand the times I've had SLS. Most of the time I haven't found the second lead to be any better than the male lead.

Thinking back at the times I've had SLS and I can only come up with these:

1) Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter

Where the adorable 2nd lead played by the young Seo Ji Hoon was the cutest button ever and had great chemistry with Moon Chae Won despite their age difference :wub:

d2986387a944c3d181aede72f4fe6942.gif

cr.to owner

SPOILER ABOUT ENDING

Spoiler

One of the few dramas where the second lead actually got the girl in the end :wub:

2) Feel Good To Die

Yes, I was the only one who thought the second lead  (played by Gong Myung) was much better for the FL than the unstable, mean, cold tsundere ML. Also, she ended up with the second lead in the webtoon (because he was clearly the better man of the two) but the writers went with the ML instead. :unamused:

Gong-Myung-Baek-Jin-Hee-3.jpg

cr. to owner

3) Empress Ki

Oppa was irresistible in this drama (like in all his dramas), and the ML was sooooo boring and had no chemistry with Ha Ji Won. Who could resist this sweetheart? :wub:

original.gif

cr. to owner

SPOILER

Spoiler

Another drama where the second lead got the girl :wub:

4) Tomorrow

I don't care what anyone says. If this man does not reunite with his wife (the FL) at the end of this drama, I am seriously gonna lose it. :rage: I haven't had SLS this bad ever ! I am shipping them so hard. :bawling:

5e1dc38ea24ff76d9f395cdd486d56005f9104f9

cr.to owner

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

4) Tomorrow

I don't care what anyone says. If this man does not reunite with his wife (the FL) at the end of this drama, I am seriously gonna lose it. :rage: I haven't had SLS this bad ever ! I am shipping them so hard. :bawling:

They look so good together.

:please:

21 minutes ago, partyon said:

Most of the time I haven't found the second lead to be any better than the male lead.

There was times I've thought that second leads are doomed to be this unhappy puppy by default, until I've found those rare species of dramas that actually are kind to them and not leave them with a broken heart (and viewers).

• Like 4
  • Love 6

25 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

They look so good together.

Yes they do ! :wub: They look so good that even @agenth is now FFing through all of the episodes to catch up on the story of Park Joong Gil and Koo Ryeon.

39a50bb0657018d8470ca334573e8f5084c5975f

img.gif

cr. to owners

The angst, the pain, the hurt... These two are tugging at my heart strings so much, peeps. :brokenheart:

32 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

There was times I've thought that second leads are doomed to be this unhappy puppy by default, until I've found those rare species of dramas that actually are kind to them and not leave them with a broken heart (and viewers).

I've been lucky to have SLS for the most part only when the second leads actually have gotten the girl. And my streak better continue with Tomorrow.

:smashes:

• Like 4
  • Blob 5

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

And my streak better continue with Tomorrow.

It'd be my first without knowing the ending beforehand, so I hope that it end with the together. I want that youthful experience to not be ruined. Kdramas done that enough times. Together or else...

:kicks:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

6 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

It'd be my first without knowing the ending beforehand, so I hope that it end with the together. I want that youthful experience to not be ruined. Kdramas done that enough times. Together or else...

I think everyone is rooting for them! We all want for their red thread to reconnect their wrists. :wub: Still 6 episodes to go - we want a happy ending, writers!

76ae5320ed19a35e3c30d7a24661a50f.gif

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, agenth said:

Please let me know about your choices ~i promise there will not be a truck of doom :D 

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I feeling uneasy now... It was definitely mentioned too many times... It this a clue to what will be the first thing that will happen? 

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure ....

I can see it now ... Welcome to the Second Soompi Survival Games ... please sign in at Registration .... (then)

Truck blasts through wall of building on Make a GIF

However ... placing my extreme skepticism aside for a moment ... I am willing to entertain filling a remaining spot under either of the following conditions ...

1) Reveal who called in the hit on me during the last Soompi Survival Games

-or-

2) Relax a certain rule - (which was clearly added after the fact) - and allow me (or @Lmangla) to play a certain high flying character that we so choose.

I await your reply ... :glasses:

Finger Tap GIFs | Tenor

• LOL 8
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

and allow me (or @Lmangla) to play a certain high flying character that we so choose.

Politically you and @Lmangla should be allowed  to choose flying character :joy: 

but by now I think all flying characters should be offended & fly away after  reading @partyon @agenth rule of Do Not CROSS THE LINE  :D

AepxOGd.gif

# death trap 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I had been waiting to see Kim Jae Wook to be the lead of light hearted dramas since Coffee Prince but he finally has gotten his lead roles.

I was also impressed by Sung Joon in his dramas, so I was thinking of him.

Also thought that Angry mom's Ji Soo needed a second chance on the wake of the news that the allegations were proved false.

But... I couldn't agree more with @partyon's suggestion of Kim Mi Kyung. Hacker Ajumma has hacked my heart and destroyed all other competitors. If no one has selected her, I'll have HackerAjumma on my side.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

Spoiler
5 hours ago, partyon said:

I think everyone is rooting for them! We all want for their red thread to reconnect their wrists.  Still 6 episodes to go - we want a happy ending, writers!

hai everyone. :D a character actor is the sum of all the qualities that make who they're. did I have the option to choose character? okay, I'm in. I don't want to let  @partyon  (her) down gently. :D  @larus ..,  please guide me in finding ways. :D I choose Kwak Si Yang (second lead) (character name) who played Baek Tae Min, the villain in Chicago Typewriter 2017 who was jealous of the success of his childhood friend and kind of brother, starred by Ah In Ssi. :D

below

kwak-si-yang.gif

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4