[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Till The End Of The Moon 长月烬明

bluehibiscus

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Their numerous misunderstandings break my heart.

They are adorable together.

@ElleSor  I agree with you.    It breaks my Heart too.

Sang Jiu loves too Early.   And Ming Ye (The God of War) loves too Late.   But the Love that starts later almost always last longer.   Because it is not a Hasty Love.  But one that grows with Observation and Understanding.

Ming Ye:

At least Ming Ye explains and apologises.   My Heart crumbles :heartbreak: when he says:   "This is my First-Time as a Husband.  I have not protected you well".

Which man will say that. Let alone apologise.  

Sang Jiu:

When she says:  "You can never repay me.  This is what you owe me"

I interpret her as meaning:  "You Must Never Forget Me.  This is what you owe me"

Ming Ye and Sang Jiu's Romance actually took place.   And Ming Ye finally died and laid at the Bottom of Mohe River.   All that is left of the Celestial Dragon are it's Skeletons.  But he likes to tease others with his Dreams. 

Even though he has been dead for ten thousand years, I guess he still wants to contribute to the elimination of the Demon God.

The Aftermath:

The Dream Arc has ended. But I now realise it's importance. Everyone returns to their Original Selves:  Tantai Jin & Ye Xi Wu;  Ye Bing Chang & 6th Prince.

But the Dreams did bring out the Hidden Qualities within them:

Tantai Jin shed "A Tear".  He has learnt to feel and love.

-  Li Su Su got the Tear-Drop and is determined to accomplish her Mission.  But it also makes her understand that there is a reason for becoming a Demon.  And she learns that the Marrow can replace the Evil Bone.  I am sure that will come in handy in her dealing with Tantai Jin later on.

- Ye Bing Chang is a Selfish "B" who only loves herself.  The Demon-God has made her very insecure.  So I guess she is going to Seduce Tantai Jin and leave the 6th Prince.

- The 6th Prince is being his real self all the time.  But he now sees Ye Xi Wu in a Different Light.

So, bring on the "Love Thread" Phase......   We are ready, aren't we.   :blush:   

P/S:  Luo Yun Xi's Actings are all so very "On Point".  Be it:

- the Sinisterly Cold Tantai Jin

- or the Gentle, Charismatic and Romantic Ming Ye, the God Of War

- or the Dark and Ruthless Demon God

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0413%2F0ce220c0j00rt1uq4002id200u000k0g008c005k.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Ok.. it wasmt too bad, have to thank the editing team for ending the dream arc in proper time...

Did ming ye died soon afyer sang ju died? I hope he didnt wait too long... also the fact, in reality the dragon had died tens of thousand of years ago, and only to be 'discovered' by the very people who mattered the most, so that history doesnt repeat itself... the clam clutching... then eberything turned into dust when TTJ touched the dragon bones... heart breaking...

Taking the dream arc... 

1. Sang ju loved the god of war

2. Evil princess loves him too

3. Forced marriage but eventually fell in love

4. But sabotage by evil princess

5. Ming ye was clueless on how to protect n be aware of his wife  indeed he didnt do his husband job well enough for evil princess to manipulate his wife

6. But why oh why... being god of war, an immortal... these sort of instinct feelings should be there!... men being clueless with their wife surroundings is the life on earth! Haha

7. Willingness to sacrifice oneself...hmm.. thats difficult.. but the final words of sang ju, never to forgive him seemed to harsh... perhaps he deserved it for failing to be good husband.. sigh..

Ok.. now looking fwd how she is going to seduced him...he needs a change of hairstyle and suit after this.. the current ep18's is not attractive.. haha

• Like 1

Ok.. got my answer in MDL from the HistoricalDramaAddict98's comment: 

*In the novel, MY doesn't die after watching SJ dissipate. He instead carries her broken clam shell and travels around the world looking for ways to repair it and somehow revive her. Eventually, he gives up and instead willingly drains his cultivation by living through his memories with SJ over and over again in a loop for thousands of years. That's how TTJ and the rest find him. He's a lot more pathetic than drama MY... but then he was even worse of an RickRoll'D in the novel...so it's karma I guess.
I'm glad that they improved him in the drama*

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 6:23 PM, omiki said:

It is not their previous lives. Ming Ye is the War God who actually participated in the destruction of the Devil God in the past. The dragon in the river, the original form of Ming Ye, is in a dream, reliving his past with Sang Jiu, over and over again, because she has dissipated and can never return to life. Tan Tai Jin, Su Su and the rest are just ‘acting’ the people in Ming Ye’s memory. They do not have memory of themselves while in the dream, but they will remember what happened in the dream after they emerge, and that will certainly influence their decisions in the future.

To reinforce the fact that this is not their previous lives, I’ll share a a little tidbit about Chu Huang (Fire Phoenix God) - please do not read this if you do not want to be spoilt …

Reveal hidden contents

Su Su is the daughter of Chu Huang and Yao Wang (Demon King).

I get what you mean. However, that part in the drama(Dono if it’s the same as Novel) The Time God foresaw meeting Susu again in the current barren abyss - which is why it seems Susu and San Jiu are the same person? 

Oh am I the only one who is uncomfortable about episode 14 sex scene? Not crazy that she ‘forced’ him to make out by incapacitating him w a drug. Harumph. It’s freaking me out. 

9 hours ago, ilovenico said:

Oh am I the only one who is uncomfortable about episode 14 sex scene? Not crazy that she ‘forced’ him to make out by incapacitating him w a drug. Harumph. It’s freaking me out. 

I can't say I'm that uncomfortable. It's a fantasy world after all, so they may have their own ways that doesn't necessarily correspond with our real life norms. I'm not justifying these methods/ways). But we already have seen earlier in the drama Xiwu tried to use simular kind of potion on her sister and one of the princes in order for them to end up in one bed. And, when things turned out against her and she ended up to be the victim of that potion,  the only consequence she got was an obligatory marriage. She is not prosecuted or anything. This means the society of this fake world tolerates such methods, just that). 

Overall, I enjoyed the dream arc very much. So much that it's hard for me to "return" to real world,hehe))). Beautiful execution and acting. My only complaint is Ye Bingchang's hair styling, those hair ribbons IMO looked very cheap and strange. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

I can't say I'm that uncomfortable. It's a fantasy world after all, so they may have their own ways that doesn't necessarily correspond with our real life norms. I'm not justifying these methods/ways). But we already have seen earlier in the drama Xiwu tried to use simular kind of potion on her sister and one of the princes in order for them to end up in one bed. And, when things turned out against her and she ended up to be the victim of that potion,  the only consequence she got was an obligatory marriage. She is not prosecuted or anything. This means the society of this fake world tolerates such methods, just that). 

Overall, I enjoyed the dream arc very much. So much that it's hard for me to "return" to real world,hehe))). Beautiful execution and acting. My only complaint is Ye Bingchang's hair styling, those hair ribbons IMO looked very cheap and strange. 

I agree with YBC hair ribbons.

I cannot unsee them!!

I associate them with little Bopeep who lost her sheep (marbles, in the case of YBC)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ilovenico said:

When i was younger, maybe i would think like this   but since im older, im at a point whereby, why dont women ever take lead once in a while?.. haaa...

Ming Ye is a god, an immortal at that, if he wanted to fight it, he probably could have (then again, the laws for the gods seemed to be flexible in some, inflexie in others, goal post changes wherever the drama writer wants it, there is no hard and fast rule there...ie remember how did San Jui managed to get her hands untied after being tied by Ming Ye?...

And we ALL know that Ming Ye WANTS it :heart4::fullofhearts: haha...  so yeah, no guilt there for me... hehe...

This is cute and funny at the same time :D

Anyone know what they wrote? :rubchin:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

“什么开心啊  分明是坏心” heh.

I have tried to watch as slowly as possible but once again, I find myself confronted with the sad reality of having run out of episodes to watch. What do I do for the next two days?

36 minutes ago, impoppies said:

“什么开心啊  分明是坏心” heh.

I have tried to watch as slowly as possible but once again, I find myself confronted with the sad reality of having run out of episodes to watch. What do I do for the next two days?

Watch their first drama, Love Is Sweet... i love it to pieces..  even there Jiang Jun was a strong girl... and we saw and felt the strong attraction, friendship and chemistry between the two of them... love Bailu as i think she is a more natural actress that majority out there...:fullofhearts:

Im just so happy that both actors are pretty well known in china now due to this drama and can be considered as A star actors in the near future.... jia you!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 4/12/2023 at 2:34 AM, nitepolaris said:

My fav scene of the latest ep. 

Sang Jiu brother's best revenge 

I loved the part where he regained his sight and saw her in the mirror. Beautiful.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:16 AM, fuyukoneko said:

Next week's episodes can't come soon enough.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:35 PM, realistic2280a said:

Saw ep17, man that girl is hard to kill.. hopefully she is really dead... ^evil laugh^... hahha

Spoiler

TTJ's brother.

Another one who is hard to kill apparently. Sigh. 

On 4/13/2023 at 1:30 AM, leo2020 said:

Hide contents

from the moment San Ji killed for the first time she could only be punished/killed. That's simply the rule cdramas should follow.

A dead giveaway. Heh.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:19 PM, ElleSor said:

They are adorable together.

"Look at the sword, not at me"

So many cute moments.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:10 AM, realistic2280a said:

Did ming ye died soon afyer sang ju died? I hope he didnt wait too long... also the fact, in reality the dragon had died tens of thousand of years ago, and only to be 'discovered' by the very people who mattered the most, so that history doesnt repeat itself... the clam clutching... then eberything turned into dust when TTJ touched the dragon bones... heart breaking...

Taking the dream arc... 

I ended up really loving the dream. The sadness lingers on for me.

42 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Watch their first drama, Love Is Sweet... i love it to pieces..  even there Jiang Jun was a strong girl... and we saw and felt the strong attraction, friendship and chemistry between the two of them... love Bailu as i think she is a more natural actress that majority out there...

Ah thanks!! Going to check it out!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm just curious from comments from elsewhere which said that..

TTj jailed LSS for years until she became blind.. like what the heck is with that storyline.....  i hope in the real drama itself, if he has to imprison her, it wouldnt be years, that would just be extremely sad...  and for him to find out too late that she gave her eye to him.. urgh... :wut: and regreting it after she choose to kill herself by jumping off the tower when TTJ was asked to choose? Man, her previous drama vibes? Sigh... 

• Sad 1

Youku changed their release schedule. Next episode will come out on Sunday now. And we'll get one episode instead of two on Monday.

Saw this summary of the timeline that does a really good job explaining what's happening in drama for anyone that's confused.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/hei-yue-guang-wen-na-be-ju-ben/92531-till-the-end-of-the-moon-world-view-timeline-logic

31 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

I'm just curious from comments from elsewhere which said that..

TTj jailed LSS for years until she became blind.. like what the heck is with that storyline.....  i hope in the real drama itself, if he has to imprison her, it wouldnt be years, that would just be extremely sad...  and for him to find out too late that she gave her eye to him.. urgh... :wut: and regreting it after she choose to kill herself by jumping off the tower when TTJ was asked to choose? Man, her previous drama vibes? Sigh... 

Spoiler

She only has 300 days to change fate before barrier over abyss is broken, so timing wise, it has to be months not years. Locking her in a dark room where she couldn't see light was so messed up. She becomes half-blind because of the ancient artifact not because of her imprisonment. When I read the novel, I felt she fell in love with him because of Stockholm Syndrome. At one point, she was ready to give up her mission if he showed her mercy.

TTJ probably won't do anything close to that level in the drama.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, fuyukoneko said:

Youku changed their release schedule. Next episode will come out on Sunday now. And we'll get one episode instead of two on Monday.

Saw this summary of the timeline that does a really good job explaining what's happening in drama for anyone that's confused.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/hei-yue-guang-wen-na-be-ju-ben/92531-till-the-end-of-the-moon-world-view-timeline-logic

Hide contents

She only has 300 days to change fate before barrier over abyss is broken, so timing wise, it has to be months not years. Locking her in a dark room where she couldn't see light was so messed up. She becomes half-blind because of the ancient artifact not because of her imprisonment. When I read the novel, I felt she fell in love with him because of Stockholm Syndrome. At one point, she was ready to give up her mission if he showed her mercy.

TTJ probably won't do anything close to that level in the drama.

Thanks for the answer!

Yes, the change in the drama airing... .  If they did it faster, i wonder what other records will they be breaking within these 3 weeks?..

I saw twitter, 10billion viewers? Is that right? Not 100million but 10billion viewers?!

Congrats TTeOTM! Jia You!

I want them to be the best.. of the best... i havent been so hook on a such drama before.. my gosh..:fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Wow, just noticed your post. Thanks a lot, the timeline post is very interesting). 

Wonder what happened with the schedule to be changed...