[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Till The End Of The Moon 长月烬明

bluehibiscus

16 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Hi everyone, I watched all 10 episodes available. 8 episodes were really great - I love that no one is pure evil or saint, that makes the characters soo interesting and complicated. Some scenes left me with my mouth opened- for example

Reveal hidden contents

crows attack during Lin's wedding.

Watching the 9th& 10th ones I felt there were clearly some chopped off moments/parts, bcs it's really abrupt and chaotic, but still the cinematography, music and everything else is soo cool that it literally compensated those chops). 

I should say it's the best Cdrama I watched after Fairy and Devil. At least the best costume one. :wub:

Hi Leo... yes they did say the drama was supposed to be about 50 episodes ...  but it was cut  and only scheduled for 40 episodes, which is good ...

Reviews on the drama commented how fast the drama is so far, plot wise, fast paced, so much so that... I Hope we didnt Lose any Kissing scenes??? :sweet:

Am chasing the drama after it aired live, and the current arc of the drama - ep11 to 12, im not sure... everything is a dream? And its actually not them and not their past we are seeing... if that is the case, how long will this arc lasts? 6 more episodes for both of them to fall in and understand what love is?.....  

• Like 1

Hi everybody!   I just watched up to Ep 7.   

I love Ep 1.   Especially the Magnificent Scene where the Demon God, Tantai Jin rides on a Dragon Chariot, with the "Mansion of Suffering Fire" on his back.  So Awesome.   A powerful  inspiration drawn from the Chinese Buddhist culture and mythology.

94.gif

Luo Yun Xi's performance is Flawless so far.  A Flick of his Eyes.  Or a Wave of his Hands - you can feel the intensity he wants to convey.  Wow!  I am  impressed.  

His being too thin is not an issue for me.  His drama-character was tortured from young.  So it is reasonable for him to be thin.   His Outstanding Performance has more than compensates that issue.   BTW I read that he could not get back his weight ever since he purposely lose weight for "Ashes Of Love".

I cannot say the same for the Female Lead.  She always look a bit "Old" for her age.  Without the "Filter", one can clearly see her Skin Blemishes and Wrinkles.  My apology. I cannot immerse myself in her actings.  She was all serious and regal in her Celestial Realm.  But suddenly became so "comical" in the Mortal Realm.  No doubt she is using the body of her host.   And pretending to be someone else.  Still I find her acting a bit forced and overdone.  It would be much better if she could "tone down" a bit of her comical acts.

I read that Li Su Su's weapon in the Celestial Realm, "Heavy Feather" which was used in the Opening Episode inherits the design concept of the Classical Harp in terms of the Shape.

100.jpg

I don't quite like  Ye Xi Wu's older sister.  The concubine's daughter.  I had the feelings that she is Not as simple as she wants us to believe.  Perhaps we can learn more about her in the episodes to come.

From what I can see now, at Ep 7,  "Till The End Of The Moon" is not so much a Breakthrough of Xianxia.   It is more like an Innovation of Chinese Mythology.   

In Ep 7,

Spoiler

Tan Tai Jin has sort of "Kidnapped"  Ye Xi Wu (Li Su Su).  I believe there will be a Shift in the story line from here.   I look forward to that.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hi Leo... yes they did say the drama was supposed to be about 50 episodes ...  but it was cut  and only scheduled for 40 episodes, which is good ...

Reviews on the drama commented how fast the drama is so far, plot wise, fast paced, so much so that... I Hope we didnt Lose any Kissing scenes??? 

Am chasing the drama after it aired live, and the current arc of the drama - ep11 to 12, im not sure... everything is a dream? And its actually not them and not their past we are seeing... if that is the case, how long will this arc lasts? 6 more episodes for both of them to fall in and understand what love is?.....  

Well, I noticed the obvious "plot fast-forwarding"  when

Spoiler

Leo's character killed his brother and took the throne.

I would prefer to watch the full "journey" here, in details). May be it's just me))).

Can't comment anything after ep 10, just haven't seen it yet:)).

@hush puppy Hi, glad to see you here). And thanks for the insides and reviews (as always):wub:.

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Luo Yun Xi's performance is Flawless so far.  

His being too thin is not an issue for me.  

100% with you here. 

I find her acting a bit forced and overdone.  It would be much better if she could "tone down" a bit of her comical acts.

She always look a bit "Old" for her age. 

IMO she just  looks better with simplier make-up, less jewelery and when her hair is up (no bangs). They 'overdid" her here a bit, to the point she looks a bit cheap. 

Not as simple as she wants us to believe.  Perhaps we can learn more about her in the episodes to come.

You'ld better skip the special BTS for this character. I regret watching it:wacko:.

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Ok ep13 was annoying.... why cant the god of war sense his wife's presence??? Where is she... sigh.. 

Gave me Su Jin and Su Su vibes. Yeah … me too, I couldn’t bear to watch Sang Jiu suffer because of that evil and jealous Tian Huan.

I like the make up for Bai Lu here as Sang Jiu - so luminous and pretty, especially the sparkles around the eyes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

40 minutes ago, omiki said:

Gave me Su Jin and Su Su vibes. Yeah … me too, I couldn’t bear to watch Sang Jiu suffer because of that evil and jealous Tian Huan.

I like the make up for Bai Lu here as Sang Jiu - so luminous and pretty, especially the sparkles around the eyes.

Right.. :D

Well ep14, kinda made up the annoying ep13 plot :heart4:...

then it got confusing for me... like why did they force that ^evil bone^ on to a wall...

So..  is  God of War going to get that ^evil bone^ so the other baddie wouldnt  control it?... 

Another long wait for ep 15 ;-)

I just finished Ep 12.  It is a bit confusing.  So let me try to simplify it for everybody here:

Spoiler

Ep 10,11 & 12:

Tantai Jin did not know that when he was unconscious, Ye Xi Wu did 2 things.

i) Ye Xiwu exchange one of her eyes for his, in order to remove the destructive World Alluring Jade from within Tantai Jin.  Reason: To avoid disaster & sudden death from befalling Tantai Jin.  Tantai Jin had earlier used it to save Ye Xiwu

ii) Ye Xiwu went to the Abyss to find God Jize, the God of Sacrifice, who had been waiting for her for a long time.  She was told that to remove the Evil Bones in Tantai Jin, 3 Conditions must be met:

a) A Dream (which comes along with fate)

b) A Drop of Tear (which is as difficult as going to the Sky.  After all, Tantai Jin is bornt without affections & emotions).

c) A Thread

1) Meanwhile Tantai Jin has become King Jing and persuaded Ye Qingyu (Ye Xi Wu's brother) to surrender. 

2) 6th Prince, Xiao Lin came to Mohe and learned that Tantai Jin was going to subdue the great demon (Centuries Old, Powerful Dragon) at the bottom of the river.  Together with Ye Xiwu, they rushed over to destroy the formation.  

3) Although Ye Xiwu foiled Tantai Jin's plans, he was actually happy to see that she is safe.

Fulfilment Of The First Condition

4) In order to prevent the awakened Dragon from becoming a Demon, Ye Xiwu entered it's dream.  She was followed by Tantai Jin, Xiao Lin and Ye Bing Shang (her Hypocrite sister).

5) In the dream, Tantai Jin became Ming Ye, the God Of War in heavens.  Ye Xiwu became Princess Sangjiu of the Mohe Clan who was borned with immortal essence.  Xiao Lin became his brother.  Ye Bingshang became the Goddess Tian Huan, the only daughter of the previous God of War.  Ming Ye's teacher.

6) Ming Ye was seriously injured by a sneak attack by the demon god and fell to the bottom of Mo He River.  Sang Jiu (Ye Xiwu) took Tian Huan & Ming Ye to the secret realm  to hide while she went to lure away the demon chasers.

7) Tian Huan took their Ice-Crystal (the most precious treasure of the Clam Clan) to save Ming Ye.  But this disrupts the ecological balance of the Mo He River.

8) To make amends, Sang Jiu coughed out her "Divine Essence" to replace the Ice-Crystal.  In doing so, she lost all her Divine Cultivation.

9) For the sake of protecting Sang Jiu,  King Beng (Sangjiu's father) asked Ming Ye to marry her.

10) When Ming Ye & Sang Jiu married, Tian Huan was still in a coma.  When she wakes up she is sure to create a lot of fuss.  Since she was infatuated with Ming Ye.

11) Ming Ye has never met Sang Jiu before.  So he does Not love Sang Jiu.  At the Wedding Night, he made her wait all night for him.  The next morning, he told Sang Jiu that theirs is like a "Contract Marriage" in a contemporary drama. 

So yes.  It will be very Frustrating for us to watch Ye Xi Wu chasing after Ming Ye, who has forgotten her.  And her sister, the B-i-t-chy Tian Huan coming in between them.

The wedding scene between Ming Ye and Sang Jiu is the most beautiful wedding in the Xianxia dramas 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0411%2Fa2ec9a85j00rsxnql000td000oz00cbp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0410%2Fe5769d19j00rsuw3u00kgc000u000fig.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0410%2Fd45f82eaj00rsuw3v00ijc000u000fpg.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 6:04 AM, leo2020 said:

Watched the trailer, and if the drama is as good as the trailer it should be on top of everything that came out this year so far. My biggest concern right now is how much they were to chop out - if that effected the story pace -  and the length of the drama in general - hope it's not too draggy/boosted with fillers at certain points.

The novel its based on is very long, so there's plenty of content. As of episode 14, they've toned down the darker aspects of the novel*, and rearranged storylines and roles so its a more cohesive fit. I usually prefer original novel's storyline over drama version, but so far I'm enjoying the changes in the drama.

* For example, in the drama, they have the original Ye Xiwu hiring bandits or actor to fake danger when she goes to temple for comedic reveal. In the novel, she meets real bandits. Her servant splits up with her to draw the bandits away from her, and there's later a reveal of her servant's corpse raped and mutilated.

On 11/15/2021 at 3:18 PM, Alila N said:

I wonder how they will do these intimate scenes lol, because the morality of the scenes would cause a huge debate lawl. Though certain kissing scenes I’m looking forward to and I’m sure leo will deliver as even now it’s haunting me and I only read about it lawl!

Have a question for someone that's read the novel

Spoiler

In the novel, is his perception of pain and pleasure crossed/its hard for him to feel any emotion good or bad? The first few times they have sex, she's hitting him or causing him in pain for him to become aroused.

As of episode 14, drama version turned nonconsensual scenes to consensual

• Like 2

It is hard. I have grown attached to the characters, especially the two leads. Yet they are gone now.

I feel nothing for this new group of characters in the dream.

Hopefully that creature will wake up soon lol.

On to episode 13. Laters.

15 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Luo Yun Xi's performance is Flawless so far.  A Flick of his Eyes.  Or a Wave of his Hands - you can feel the intensity he wants to convey. 

Yas. This. So good, he is.

11 hours ago, leo2020 said:

They 'overdid" her here a bit

Overdid indeed. The poor woman. All those hair accessories. They have turned her into a Christmas tree.

11 hours ago, omiki said:

She was so pretty at the beginning of the dream.

• Like 1

I saw this and realised the effort that the production team did...

Spoiler

Which character will each lead be in the dream. Like how tang tai Jing went into the "god" eye of the dragon and how  Ye xi wu went into the "demon" eye. 

In the novel, the characters in the dream choose who to play them in the dream. eg. Ming Ye didn't understand emotions/love at the beginning, he realized that Tan tai Jin who had entered dream had no love nerve, so he chose to make Tantai Jin himself, and wanted to see how Tantai Jin who also didn't understand emotions would make a choice

原来并不是他们选择成为记忆中的人,而是记忆中的人,选择成为他们。

桑酒希望自己如苏苏勇敢坚定,不为情爱跘住步伐,守护族人,她选择让苏苏来成为自己;

冥夜一开始不懂感情,他觉察进入般若浮生的澹台烬没有情丝,选择让澹台烬成为自己,想看同样不懂感情的澹台烬会如何抉择,结果最后澹台家的小疯子,心中只有力量;

少雎心中大义温柔,即便为了妖族,也会选择让责任心同样强的萧凛成为自己;

桑佑嘴巴毒心肠软,自然最贴近莫名其妙进来的庞宜之。

I'm sure they have to "clean" the storyline up a bit to make it a bit more TV friendly. 

3 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Have a question for someone that's read the novel

Hide contents

In the novel, is his perception of pain and pleasure crossed/its hard for him to feel any emotion good or bad? The first few times they have sex, she's hitting him or causing him in pain for him to become aroused.

As of episode 14, drama version turned nonconsensual scenes to consensual

I remembered there is this part of the novel

Spoiler

the first "night" of ye bing chang and tang tai jin and he was thinking why wasn't aroused as compared to when he was with ye xi wu moments before... and the interaction he had with xi wu earlier on was just dissing each other and he was aroused before she even caused him pain  https://www.shubaow.net/163_163642/35590786.html 

not sure if my interpretation is alright... 

I think because of the novel plot...both having the "lust" medicine, plus she having to kill him... it was hard to make it be consensual on this matter thus whenever the plot heads towards that sex direction... susu is most probably wanting to whack him or in process of whacking him. And for him maybe any touch from her flutters his heart? 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, leo2020 said:

@hush puppy Hi, glad to see you here). And thanks for the insides and reviews (as always):wub:.100% with you here.  

You'ld better skip the special BTS for this character. I regret watching it:wacko:.

Hi @leo2020   I don't watch BTS.  Because it takes away the Seriousness of the Eventual Viewing.   I don't watch Previews.  Neither do  I read the Novel either.  :lol:  So I don't have to compare and despair.  I just enjoy the Drama as it is.  If I don't like it, I will stop.

• LOL 1

I just finished Eps 15 & 16.  Very sad.  But the Visual Effects are beautiful.

Spoiler

Ep 15:

1) In the battle with the Demon God, only Ming Ye, the God of War was left alive.  All the other 11 gods perished.  And that was how God Jize came to be left in the Abyss, waiting for Li Su Su (Ye Xi Wu) to appear.

2) Ming Ye fell into the Ruo River. 

3) Fortunately, with the divine power given to her by Chu Huang, Sang Jiu  found him.  But  Ming Ye manifested into his Original Form, which is a Dragon.  Sang Jiu kept him in a Clam Shell and took him home to be nursed into back into good health.

Ep 16:

1) Ming Ye eventually regains his Human Form.  But he lost his Vision. So he did not know that it was Sang Jiu who saved him.  This is so ridiculous.  How can he not recognise SJ's Voice?

2) To help him get his Vision back, both of them stayed in a secluded place and lived a Peaceful Domestic life for a few months. Eventually Ming Ye regain his Vision.  But he did not tell Sang Jiu. Because he wants to stay with her a little longer.

3) Until the Arrogant Goddess Tian Huan came. Sang Jiu was not at home.  After leaving a short but loving explanatory letter to SJ, Ming Ye left. TH had it burnt without Ming Ye knowing. So Sang Jiu thought Ming Ye left her without saying goodbye.

4) I don't understand why MY could not know TH's character.  He simply believes what she said.

5) To help Sang Jiu gets back her Divine Cultivation, MY plucks his Heart-Guarding Scale from his own body in exchange for the Demon's Bone Refining Seal. That was so painful.  It shows how much he loves SJ.  The Demon's Bone Refining Seal can help cure SJ's loss of her Divine Cultivation.  (And the Visual Effects are so Enthralling)

6) Tian Huan was so Jealous that she had the entire Clam Clans slaughtered.  She took advantage of the fact that Ming Yu was in a Retreat to refine the Demon's Bone Refining Seal for Sang Jiu. 

7) Sang Jiu went home and found a Big Pearl in his father's hands.  That Pearl is a Video Recorder & Player.  It plays out the Scene where Tian Huan told SJ's father how she had tricked the silly Sang Jiu.

I believe Sang Jiu will wreak Revenge.  She did not get the Letter from Ming Ye.  She misunderstood him.  And therefore we will have another Painful and Sad Arc. 

We already have the "Dream".  The next arc will give us the "Tear"

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0410%2F25998484j00rswli8001jc000u000gvm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Like 3

I believe that the Centuries Old Dragon lying at the bottom of Mohe River, whose dream, they (Ye Xi Wu, Tantai Jin & Xiao Lin) entered is actually Ming Ye - the God Of War.  Ming Yu's original form is a Powerful Dragon after all.

Which is why Tantai Jin becomes Ming Ye in the dream.  The dreams are Ming Ye's dreams.  And through Ming Ye, Tantai Jin will come to experience Love and Affections.

Only when Tantai Jin loves, will he becomes emotional and shed tears.  And paves the way for Li Su Su to destroy his Evil Bones

What do you all think?  Especially those of you who have read the Novel?

Something must have happened thousands of years ago.  I believe all the things that happened in the Dream, really happened to Ming Ye.  Which is why he went to Sleep at the Bottom of Mohe River.

My guess is: It is related to the War with the Demon God and also what Tian Huan had done to the Clams Clan.

Towards the end of the War with the Demon God, a Mishap may have happened.  I remember the Demon God's consciousness did not completely dissipate.  The Victory over him is Not Complete.  And thus it went to find a New Host to manifest.  And I believe that New Host is "Tantai Jin".  Because being bullied by everyone, Tantai Jin has "Intensed Hatred and Vengeance" in his Heart and Mind - the right environments for the Demon God's Consciousness, or rather the "Evil Bones" to "Germinate" again.

Although Tantai Jin is Not Ming Ye, they happen to have  Similar Physical Appearance.   It would be better if the Demon God does not look like Ming Ye.  But if that is the case, Tantai Jin will Not look like Ming Ye either.  And he will not live his Dreams.  Hm...   So it makes sense for all three to look the same. :lol:

As for the Dragon, and therefore Ming Ye to sleep at the Bottom of Mohe River, I guess it may have to do with Sang Jiu going "Beserked".  She went on a road of No Return. And that must have broken the Heart and Resolve of Ming Ye.  Therefore he went to Sleep there to Protect the Ecological Balance of the Mohe River.  As well as to await the Return of his love, Sang Jiu.  Or is it to "remember" Sang Jiu - forever......?

I am waiting to see how much of my Guesses are correct. :lol:  Anyone else with guesses?

Edited on: Wednesday, 12 April 2023)