[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Till The End Of The Moon 长月烬明

bluehibiscus

Ok.. finish ep16... just a thought...

i dont see why this dream arc is not about their past which other commenters had mentioned. It clearly showed what happened in the past and why things happened in the future...

The god, who was chained into abyss, was from this time... Ming Ye's fellow god, who will direct Susu to the Dream arc...

It will make people remember what happened and how they are going to act after they go out of from the Dream... 

Probably to save Sang Jiu, Ming Ye took the evil force from her and become the Devil God at the end of the Dream arc, hence the present situation?... hmmm

• Like 1

12 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Ok.. finish ep16... just a thought...

i dont see why this dream arc is not about their past which other commenters had mentioned. It clearly showed what happened in the past and why things happened in the future...

At the moment, the characters in the drama think this is just a dream, and there's no omnipotent narrator to say otherwise. The characters might realize this is a past life later on. I wonder if the commenters that say this isn't their past life is because they have read the novel. The dream arc in the novel is very different to its novel counterpart.

Spoiler

In the novel, this dream arc is clearly not about their past lives. In the novel, before the dream arc, Tantai Jin only cares about obtaining more power. He isn't capable of love and is totally okay with killing Ye Xiwu. The purpose of the novel's dream arc is that Tantai Jin feels what it's like to be in love and err curiosity about sex by experiencing Ming Ye's memories.

Whereas, in the drama, Tantai Jin already likes Ye Xiwu, so dream arc feels unnecessary for their relationship.

Unrelated,

https://www.douyin.com/video/7220741883272645944

I think this clip is a preview of 18? The part after dream arc is over is so sweet =).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2023 at 12:22 AM, nitepolaris said:

I remembered there is this part of the novel

Hide contents

the first "night" of ye bing chang and tang tai jin and he was thinking why wasn't aroused as compared to when he was with ye xi wu moments before... and the interaction he had with xi wu earlier on was just dissing each other and he was aroused before she even caused him pain  https://www.shubaow.net/163_163642/35590786.html 

not sure if my interpretation is alright... 

I think because of the novel plot...both having the "lust" medicine, plus she having to kill him... it was hard to make it be consensual on this matter thus whenever the plot heads towards that sex direction... susu is most probably wanting to whack him or in process of whacking him. And for him maybe any touch from her flutters his heart? 

Lol, I forgot about that scene. I agree with your interpretation. He's so confused about what he's feeling.

Sort of related, in the novel, we see his emotions from Ye Xiwu's observations and his own thoughts, but in the drama, we get to see them for ourselves. Its obvious to the drama viewers he likes her and is happy to see her from his expressions and body language, but maybe he's not aware of his feelings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Anyone else with guesses?

I haven't read the novel).

For now I think the arc is about real events.

I am not that concerned or sad about it, for me it's a bit simular to Aranya's Dream - it's a past, a sort of trial and a dream.  I suppose this arc is more connected with  "present time" shown at the very beginning of the drama.

9 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

At the moment, the characters in the drama think this is just a dream

Totally agree. I am very interested in how everything will be connected with "500 years ago time" and "present time".

BTW, I was very happy to finally watch  Zhang Zhixi, she looks gorgeous as always). I accidentally bumped into some spoilers re her character, so now waiting for the drama to progress). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

It is not their previous lives. Ming Ye is the War God who actually participated in the destruction of the Devil God in the past. The dragon in the river, the original form of Ming Ye, is in a dream, reliving his past with Sang Jiu, over and over again, because she has dissipated and can never return to life. Tan Tai Jin, Su Su and the rest are just ‘acting’ the people in Ming Ye’s memory. They do not have memory of themselves while in the dream, but they will remember what happened in the dream after they emerge, and that will certainly influence their decisions in the future.

To reinforce the fact that this is not their previous lives, I’ll share a a little tidbit about Chu Huang (Fire Phoenix God) - please do not read this if you do not want to be spoilt …

Spoiler

Su Su is the daughter of Chu Huang and Yao Wang (Demon King).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, omiki said:

To reinforce the fact that this is not their previous lives, I’ll share a a little tidbit about Chu Huang (Fire Phoenix God) - please do not read this if you do not want to be spoilt …

Hide contents

Su Su is the daughter of Chu Huang and Yao Wang (Demon God).

Spoiler

In the novel, Chu Huang collected hundreds of souls in order to give birth to SuSu and travels through time and space so that her daughter can be born. We already see a big deviation in the drama from novel in Pianran and Ye Qingyu's relationship dynamic and other things. The screenwriter could have also alerted it to have Sang Jiu be one of those souls.

Symbolically, it'll feel like a full cycle that he sacrifices his divinity to remove evil from her in one of their past lives, and she does the same later.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, omiki said:

a little tidbit about Chu Huang

Spoiler

It was obvious since the character constantly kept her hands on her belly :)and was shown to be in romantic relationship with Yu Bo's character.

Overall I would love to see how it all will be shown in the drama).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, omiki said:

I

Hide contents

@leo2020 @omiki  Yes it is obvious.  Right from Ep 1.  When the Divine Implant in between Li Su Su's eyebrows can repel the Demon God.  From that moment onwards, I have been Curious about Li Su Su's Birth.  Her Parents must be Somebody higher up the divine hierachy.  Thanks @omiki

Ep 13: Chu Huang met Li Su Su (Ye Xi Wu) the first time.  But she said she feels a certain intimacy with her.

This Thread is rather Quiet.  And why is it still stuck with  the "Upcoming" label.  Shouldn't it be a "Current Drama" by now?

I just finished Ep 17.  Very sad.

Spoiler

Sang Jiu turned Dark.  Poor Ming Ye did everything he could to appease her.  But to no avail. 

Ming Ye is too Soft and Righteous to deal with Evil people like Tian Huan and her clansmen. Coupled with a Lack Of Communications, his relationship with Sang Jiu is Doomed right from the very beginning.

And of course the Battle with the Demon KIng had come at a most Importune Time.  With all the 11 other Gods and Goddesses removed, and Ming Ye injured and later busy with his Retreat, Tian Huan was left with a free reign to do what she likes.

• Like 2

Just want to see a clearer picture of the episodes... sigh, tomorrow is one episode then weekend drought for 4 weeks... sigh...

Saw ep17, man that girl is hard to kill.. hopefully she is really dead... ^evil laugh^... hahha

15 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

At the moment, the characters in the drama think this is just a dream, and there's no omnipotent narrator to say otherwise. The characters might realize this is a past life later on. I wonder if the commenters that say this isn't their past life is because they have read the novel. The dream arc in the novel is very different to its novel counterpart.

Hide contents

In the novel, this dream arc is clearly not about their past lives. In the novel, before the dream arc, Tantai Jin only cares about obtaining more power. He isn't capable of love and is totally okay with killing Ye Xiwu. The purpose of the novel's dream arc is that Tantai Jin feels what it's like to be in love and err curiosity about sex by experiencing Ming Ye's memories.

Whereas, in the drama, Tantai Jin already likes Ye Xiwu, so dream arc feels unnecessary for their relationship.

Unrelated,

https://www.douyin.com/video/7220741883272645944

I think this clip is a preview of 18? The part after dream arc is over is so sweet =).

Yes i think so, because they read the novel and they assume that the plot will stay the same :D

5 hours ago, omiki said:

It is not their previous lives. Ming Ye is the War God who actually participated in the destruction of the Devil God in the past. The dragon in the river, the original form of Ming Ye, is in a dream, reliving his past with Sang Jiu, over and over again, because she has dissipated and can never return to life. Tan Tai Jin, Su Su and the rest are just ‘acting’ the people in Ming Ye’s memory. They do not have memory of themselves while in the dream, but they will remember what happened in the dream after they emerge, and that will certainly influence their decisions in the future.

Hide contents

Maybe this is in the novel? Maybe the drama will change the course of the story?...

It doesnt matter, i just love both leads and the drama is still very engaging, i wouldnt read the novel, and just want to see how this storyline pan out.....

.... though i cant but stop and ask, how did Sang Jiu  escape the palace, with her hands and feet bound, to earth was it? I forgot...  like how... Ming Ye's hand binding stuff not good strong enough? Haha..

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Very sad.

Honestly I'm not sad while watching this particular arc. Can't get emotional either...

I remember crying my eyes out while reading and then watching Aranya and Shen Ye's story. They couldn't be reborn, as it was clearly stated in the book and onscreen. 

Here I already know all the hardships are just temporary. And certainly 

Spoiler

from the moment San Ji killed for the first time she could only be punished/killed. That's simply the rule cdramas should follow. So definitely no HE for them here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

@hush puppy

There's hundreds of comments on aired episodes here. https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama

Thanks @fuyukoneko    But I do not go to other sites to read comments.  No time.  I only use Soompi.

After becoming Dark or going Demon,  Ye Xi Wu (Li Su Su) should be very Matching with Tantai Jin now, isn't it?  She should understand him better now.  But has she?

The way Ming Ye sought to solve the problems that Tian Huan had created for Sang Jiu, showed the Emotional Difference between Men and Women.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone can share more english written news on the drama's success? Im glad that its breaking records, everywhere... shows that these two actors are bankable and with a tight storyline, it will end amazingly... :heart4:

Still remember when their 2nd pairing was announced, there were those who was against it, but for me, i love it to pieces and they should do more drama together!

https://koalasplayground.com/2023/04/12/c-drama-till-the-end-of-the-moon-with-luo-yun-xi-and-bai-lu-sets-new-xianxia-records-left-and-right-within-days-of-premiere/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Someone please explain to me the first 3 episodes. Didn't read the novel and either I was too tired or the directing wasn't explaining plot well (all over the place feel) Thanks.

?