[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

I have been lurking but finally decided to join in. The playboy seems uncaring, spoiled and only cares about partying and hooking up with women of alike disposition. He has everything he needs and wants provided for him except for what he is really looking for and that is emotional support. Was grandma too busy making money to support them that she may not have time for family bonding and as Mr. Playboy says, just dictated what she wanted for her grandchildren as in making the older brother go into the restaurant business instead of what he wanted to be, a professor? He looks and acts stuffy opposite of his younger brother. Playboy brother was sent to study in a foreign country with no supervision. He is rebelling but it seems he is needing attention and for someone to listen to him and be interested in him as a person. He shows that in his conversation with Gemma when he asks Gemma if she wanted to know about him, about his life. He was disappointed that Gemma said she did not want to know about him, yet he was happy that Gemma trusted him enough to ask him about his brother letting him know about her feelings for big brother. I think that in that moment they shared something personal, and a deeper connection and friendship was established. When he finally appeared after missing the “marriage appointment”, he said that he did not answer the phone as his phone was off for 3 hours because he attended a “photography exhibition.” Whether that was true or not, he was at that moment sharing an interest that both grandma and brother missed because they were busy scolding him and not listen or believe in what he is saying. Maybe Gemma picked up that part of the “conversation” and talk to HS and grandma about it when both cool down. What if Gemma goes back to shoe designing and HS becomes the photographer for her ads?  

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

An announcement has been made by the production staff on the drama's official website. Starting next week on Monday July 26 to Friday August 6, there will be no episodes due to the broadcast of the Tokyo Olympics. Episode 14 will air tomorrow as scheduled, but after that Episode 15 will air on August 9th following the end of the Tokyo Olympics.

Source: https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/redshoes/pc/board.html?smenu=986b69&bbs_loc=T2021-0212-01-917830,read,,38,813167

• Thanks 9

22 minutes ago, maribella said:

Now Gemma is working for 'that company'. 
So is HS? :smirk:

I know right? Why could she not have worked in a competing company or started her own shoe store? She learned from both her ex-mom and dad since young how to make shoes and with her talent and grandma's money plus playboy's marketing and photography they could be a self-starter, did they have to go to the enemy's camp? HK and her family are thieves, murderers and horrible people. Uuuggghhhh!!!!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Hyunseok is an unbearable partner/person. I can only imagine how std ridden he could possibly be (if he isn't safe). One night with his also unbearable fiance-wannabe and the next night with his foreign friend.... Urgh. I know he's crying for help but if you want help, being a playboy is not the way.

Hyebin as annoyingly snooty as she was nurtured to be... is pretty realistic how she turned out. 

It's better than her character being that fake angelic daughter that bridges the parents. I don't get why she's into Hyunseok but ok...? I'm really looking forward to her taking her face outta her RickRoll'D when she realizes that 'unclassy person with no education + prestigious fam' is her step-sister. F yeah.

And Hyuksang... has the fragile-est man ego. To me, he's a wuss puss man. Ya really gonna get butthurt when your wife pretty much built you up? Lol. I thought he loved her but I guess he only wanted the benefits that came with Heekyung. One thing I'm surprised about - why he didn't force Heekyung to birth him a son. (Hyebin seems to hold no potential as their future heiress, nor responsibility) Or maybe they just fell out of love due to competition or etc.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when Hyebin gets a taste of her own wizz.

Haha I must say the 2 week break for Olympics... is such a shame.

It's not going to last that long because that's a breeding ground?

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, lila21 said:

I know right? Why could she not have worked in a competing company or started her own shoe store? She learned from both her ex-mom and dad since young how to make shoes and with her talent and grandma's money plus playboy's marketing and photography they could be a self-starter, did they have to go to the enemy's camp? HK and her family are thieves, murderers and horrible people. Uuuggghhhh!!!!

From the preview it seems HK is giving credit to her daughter for Gemma's designs that HK rejected. 

I don't know why but I don't feel sorry for Gemma.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I just can't seem to get into this drama. The characters don't grab me the way "Miss Montecristo" did. I'll just keep monitoring things in hopes it kicks off soon.

Did HK seriously steal Gemma's design and then passed it off as HB's? "Look at this shoe my daughter designed" - oh honey, if you only knew...

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 3

12 hours ago, Ayame said:

An announcement has been made by the production staff on the drama's official website. Starting next week on Monday July 26 to Friday August 6, there will be no episodes due to the broadcast of the Tokyo Olympics. Episode 14 will air tomorrow as scheduled, but after that Episode 15 will air on August 9th following the end of the Tokyo Olympics.

Source: 

Aww Two weeks hiatus, thanks for the info. It comes back on my Birthday.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

So why are so many characters outta whack in this episode?

- Why is Ki-Seok suddenly so skittish around Jin-Ah?

- Why after protesting marriage and a job, is Hyun-Seok suddenly snuggle buddies with Hye-Bin, and all smiles at work?

- Why is CEO Kwon suddenly so chummy with Hyun-Seok?  He was supposed to hate him ... remember?

After today's episode I'm throwing out there that Jin-Ahs identity will be revealed to HK in only 1 of 2 ways ...

1) Uncle slips and calls her Jin-Ah in the restaurant

2) The shoe necklace falls into HK's hands, either from Jin-Ah dropping it or someone trying to steal her designs and grabs it inadvertently 

And finally ...  sure, hide the mic in the napkin holder ... in a restaurant ... :rolleyes: ... right.

Face Palm GIF by Captain Obvious

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

And finally ...  sure, hide the mic in the napkin holder ... in a restaurant ... :rolleyes: ... right.

:Megalol: I had really liked her even though she was smitten by the leeching son.  What an idiot! 
Why are they so clumsy, she and Gemma?

Now, I don't like anyone in the show. Maybe ajumma maid - a wee bit

I am hoping this writer will make a bold stand and have Gemma gatecrash HK's press conference, spill it all out woman!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Sorry still haven’t gotten down to watching the latest episode. Was a bit busy and got sidetracked. Will hopefully do so after this post. But before that I will give my thoughts on what has happened so far and perhaps try and answer some questions that have been brought up. Mind you they are totally based on assumptions so take them with a grain of salt.

But before I get into that let me bring up something that was mentioned. We will be having a 2 week hiatus from this show due to the Olympic games and all. Will say that we probably won’t be missing much unless something really riveting happens in today’s episode. I frankly won’t be holding my breath. This break will probably allow me to catch up on some of my previous dramas that I had to drop. The problems with breaks are that they can easily make or break a show as well. If the show isn’t doing too well as it is people will easily drop interest and move onto something else. Sadly since this show is just beginning a break probably isn’t the best option over here. But hopefully this won’t be the case.

Anyway moving on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

The last episode that I watched (the one where second lead didn’t show up for his engagement party) can easily be called “Let’s Sell Of Our Family” because that is the impression that I got in it. I mean I get that some of the people had decent intentions and all but at the end of the day it just didn’t work out for good reasons. I get that people think that Designer Mom thinks that selling of her daughter is the best thing to do and it would be totally based on her greed and ambition. But I don’t fully agree with that assessment. Sure, she may be a bit greedy and all and ambitious. (Debatable and will get into that in a bit). But here is the thing that I feel that is slightly overlooked in regards to her. Yes, her daughter’s marriage will certainly benefit her and the company so she is certainly taking that into consideration when it comes to choosing her partner. But also, at the same time it feels like she is also looking out for her daughters’ best interest as well.

Remember the background that she comes from. She wasn’t from a rich family this resulted in her fiancée/boyfriend dumping her to marry into a rich and well off family. Then when she did eventually get married her husband was insecure which resulted in him being abusive towards her and all. So, in short, she didn’t exactly have a happy life due to certain things. But in her eyes, it was mostly due to wealth. She now considers that because she has the money, she has the power to do anything etc… Therefore, it makes equal sense that she doesn’t want her daughter to suffer the same fate as hers. So, she naturally wants her married of to a well of family. In this case she feels that it would be a win win situation for everyone. (Mostly her family and her though). If her daughter marries Playboy her company certainly gains from it as they probably will be able to borrow more money from Loan Shark Grandma and probably not pay them back on time. (More on that in a bit). As for her daughter she will get to live a comfortable life and it further helps that her daughter loves the guy and perhaps even he likes her back. So, all in all a good deal from her end.

Now people might just say that wait the guy doesn’t like her will she still be okay with it. From what I can tell from a few scenes is that she may very well be hesitant if that were indeed the case. Check out the following scenes/facts for evidence. Once she realized that her daughter was interested in Playboy she tried to approach Loan Shark Granny to impress her and eventually begin the talks about the two families joining as one. Fortunately, they were ditched because Gemma had to show up that day. Then next we see her trying to find someone else for her daughter. Now one might find that a bit strange considering her previous behaviour and all. Why do that suddenly. The answer would probably come at the next meal when the daughter brings up marriage and all. (Gets scolded by her dad as well but that is a story for another time). The mother then brings up the rumours that he might be a playboy. Probably a valid reason why she was looking for a better match for her daughter. Only for her daughter to convince her that they were all false spready by jealous girls and all. Then in the last episode when Playboy ditched his so called engagement party and all she again questions her daughter if she wasn’t getting her signals mixed and this so called love story wasn’t all of her imagination. The daughter tells her not to start before heading of into her room. Again, something a mother who would only be blinded by greed or ambition wouldn’t say/ask. If that was the only case, she would have given her tips on how to win over the guy or something along the lines. Instead, I saw that as more as concern for her daughter and her perhaps getting into a marriage where she wouldn’t be happy and all.

Frankly at this point I am simply waiting for the daughter to drop the bombshell that she has gotten herself pregnant from that night out and that this forces the two to end up together. I mean at this point it is almost a given knowing k-drama track records and all. Unless she is faking it and then Gemma will probably have to come to the rescue in some manner unless her character isn’t well written. Then we will just have to throw up our hands in frustration and hope for a miracle.

Now to the fact that Designer Mom thinks that marrying into that family will be a benefit for her company and herself is totally deluding herself at this point. What I can tell about Loan Shark Granny is that she can easily distance herself from work and family so regardless of their ties she will still end up demanding her due when the time comes much to the shock of Designer Mom. Her ambition will finally catch up to her. It may also not help that there is someone already gunning for her failure at this point.

Now for Loan Shark Grandma trying to sell of her grandson. The thing is that at this point she feels that he simply needs to grow up and take care of himself as she won’t be around to do so for the rest of her life. So, she probably feels like if he is given enough responsibility, it will eventually come. What better way to do this than make him start his own family.  Problem here is that he is too much of a player which can easily cause more problems down the line. Her eldest grandson ended up marrying a Gold Digger and it cost them but he atleast learned from his mistake and he is now more cautious towards people. (at times atleast). Now if Playboy isn’t careful, he could easily suffer the same fate. Some random woman could one day show up at their doorstep claiming to be pregnant with his kid and that he should take responsibility for his actions one way or the other. (Marriage or just pay her for the kid or raising it etc…). So, I guess her intent is to not only prevent that but also to get him serious about life and other things.

Problem here is that she doesn’t fully communicate her thoughts to others and like Playboy mentioned she tends to force her will without listening to what others have to say or feel about the matter. For instance, she doesn’t fully ask him what he wants to do or achieve in life. When he tells her that he isn’t interested in marrying Second Female Lead. She tries to convince him that love will eventually happen once they start living together or have a kid. If he doesn’t want to do that to get a job and since Designer Mom has offered him one to take it. Again, she doesn’t much ask what kind of job he may be interested in just offers her own. Playboy had an equally valid point when he mentioned that she forced her will on her eldest grandson to run that restaurant when he doesn’t want to or something along those lines. I kind of agree with him over there (just not the way he says it). For instance, the grandmother knows for a fact that he isn’t all that interested in running her money business so she comes up with a compromise and opens a restaurant for him to run and gain revenue and all. But what she should have perhaps done is that since she knows that her grandson is interested in teaching and being a professor to perhaps help him open either a school or a teaching academy. This way they both get what they want and need and everyone is happy. But she probably thought that might be a bit of a risky venture so she went with something safer.

@maribella Well you do have a point that Designer Mom may very well be doing everything for her own greed and ambition but at the same time I feel that it is still equally possible that she is doing things to avenge her husband. Who might not deserve it considering his treatment towards her? But hey love can make a person blind and stupid at times correct. I mean just consider the fact that she may be trying to pull the long con with a bigger payoff instead of attempting to get lucky. For instance, think about it this way someone asks you for a 1000$ your response is probably going to tell them to take a hike.

Therefore, they would need to come up with a better way to get it instead. This could perhaps be in the following way. They know that you like let’s say paintings by a certain artist so they may come up to you and offer you a deal that they will procure said paintings for you but you have to cover their expenses in doing so. They may make their terms sound reasonable and as an act of good faith and their skill they may even provide you with one of the paintings. Next, they might produce fast results in tracking down the first few paintings. But after that they will slow down their search citing that they are looking into leads and whatnot. they may at this point then set up their pace in finding said paintings for you just to keep you hooked. The end result is that you may even end up paying more than a 1000$ that they could have asked you. Especially if they sense your urgency as they could perhaps try and get more out of you by claiming that they have discovered the presence of a competitor who is also close on their heels for the same picture etc…

If we look at it this way, we can see that there were signs between Sloppy and Designer Mom in something similar happening. Just check out the following quotes (please note they are from my memory so they probably won’t be exact but one can get their gist)

Sloppy: You took everything away from me slowly.

Designer Mom: I didn’t ask/demand anything.

Sloppy: You didn’t need to. When you could use your devious little mind to take it away slowly now, I am a president only in name aka a puppet.

Designer Mom: What I asked for wasn’t unreasonable.

Definitely there was more but I can’t place this conversation correctly sorry to say. The other one was in the last episode.

Both of them speak about how the other loves them or not.

Designer Mom: You know that I love you. Don’t you?

Sloppy: Are you sure about that?

Designer Mom: Of course, But what are you going do about that if it isn’t true. It’s too late.

Both of these conversations seem to indicate something important. Sloppy has gotten himself in a position that he can’t easily get out off at this point without consequences.

The first one he is slowly starting to realize this fact. I mean if he played it smart this would have never happened but he was blinded by love and also tried to take advantage of a woman that was abused and all. Instead, it was turned against him. For instance, let’s take the fact that she took over his company, changed its name and all. Clearly it didn’t happen overnight as he mentioned that she took everything slowly. Now it is totally possible that it could be that he started out with a brand name for her company but the sales from her designs and all easily overtook the parent company and thus that is how she slowly took over his company. She then used that bit to influence herself in the management position and whatnot. or it could have been that she asked him to change the company name for her then moved on in other ways. Either way her running her own brand didn’t necessarily mean taking over the company as well. For instance, she could have simply focused on a particular brand/style and be successful and both of them have something to go on. Ie she focused only on let’s say ladies shoes or sport shoes etc… while his side of the company works on regular or premium designs. This way both of them could have remained happy. Yet she moved onto his company as well. Clearly showing her agenda ages ago. But like I said it could easily have been done gradually to the point that she was more successful in her brand to do this takeover. She would then have the rights to ask how to run her brand her way and since her name was on the line, she should have management rights and all. She could also find other ways to get what she wanted.

As for the second part of the question is her starting to show her true colours. She points out to him that at this point it is immaterial whether or not she loves him (or ever loved him) because he can’t do anything about it at this point. For starters she is his legal wife and not a mistress. This therefore means that he can’t kick her out to curb without anything. She also happens to be the mother of his child so another reason him doing so would only look bad for him. Had she been his mistress then this wouldn’t have been an issue at all. The other thing is that he himself has acknowledged the fact that he is a

Puppet at his current company. Meaning he has little to no idea of what is actually going on over there at present. So even if he were to kick her out even from there it would take time for him to figure out what was going on and how to resolve it. So she is better of running the company and all. In other words, he should just sit back and enjoy what she offers/gives him.

Naturally Sloppy needs to put an end to this situation ASAP or he will end up with nothing. For this very reason he is thinking about recalling his son that he placed in exile for all these years. But the question that he should be asking himself at this point is whether the son will be willing to help him save the company or not. I guess if he can convince him that the company initially belonged to his mother and if he doesn’t help him then all of her hard work will have gone to waste and a stranger will benefit from it all might be a decent motivator but we will have to wait and see how that turns out.

Okay something that is sort of bothering me at this point is why are certain things happening. If this was real life it simply wouldn’t make a lot of sense. Therefore, while I know that it is simply to progress the plot to the next step and all it just feels a bit odd. Not sure if all of you feel the same way or not.

For instance, take this whole kidney transplant thing which is a bit absurd when you think about it carefully. Gemma didn’t donate her kidney out of the goodness of her heart. She was fairly paid for it by the main lead. As he promised to clear her debts in return. So, while she may not have gotten any extra money from said deal it was still used for her sake. (Regardless of the fact of who paid the loan sharks in the end). Yet Loan Grandma seems to be oblivious of this fact and even feels slightly guilty so she tries to not only pay Gemma off for her so called good deed of the day but also when her mother and aunt so up causing a fuss she tries to understand them/their position and gives them a bunch of money so that they can open up their own store or something. Just to keep Gemma happy she points out that it isn’t a freebie and that they have to pay her rent and all too clear said debt.

Then let’s move onto Gemma’s side they also all think that Gemma donated said kidney for free and are busy trying to guilt trip/threaten Granny into giving them money or atleast to Gemma. Again, I feel it equally weird that nobody bothered to correct them at this point. For instance, Gemma should have told her family atleast once they discovered the truth that her kidney was donated so that her debts would be covered and now, they don’t have to be bothered about the loan sharks anymore or that she was offered money by the grandmother but she refused it because she was already paid. Atleast she had the decency to try and refuse the money and then she returned it privately to the main lead. So that it was his headache. But while we are on the same topic, I find it equally odd that Loan Grandma didn’t bother correcting the two women that she had already paid Gemma and that they should ask her what happened to the money. Instead, she not only sends them money she doesn’t bother getting down to the mystery of why they claim that Gemma didn’t get a dime from her end. She should have questioned both Gemma and perhaps even her grandson and dealt with it this way.

Like I said I get it was simply done to progress the plot to the next level allowing Gemma to move into her place and all. But I am sure that there could have been a better way to deal with all of this. Perhaps if I have time I could come up with a better suggestion. Oh well who cares.

I just feel that this whole drama (kidney) is eventually going to get revealed. Either Designer Mom or her daughter will somehow find out about it and try and use it to get rid of Gemma by revealing it to Loan Grandma which might result in her mistrusting Gemma for a few episodes until they find a way to reconcile and all. I just have one hope in this entire drama for the time being atleast and that is that I don’t want Loan Grandma to die especially before the end and discovering the fact that Gemma is indeed her granddaughter. I kind of had the issue when the male leads mother passed away in the show My Mom Is Having An Affair. It was kind of tragic and while I understood why the writer took that route, I didn’t approve of it. I really hope that we don’t get a repeat of it over here as well.

As for Gemma using Bestie without giving her a proper heads up isn’t totally fair as well. I guess it makes sense since she can’t be trusted to keep her mouth shut and keep a secret. I mean just look at her track record. She not only spilled the beans in regards to her surgery she also gave away Loan Grandma’s address as well. If it is found out what she has done it is clearly grounds to get fired on. As for the secret recordings that is way more serious than it looks since it could easily be considered a crime more so if Gemma tries to use any of them as blackmail material or to take the mother down and all. After all it isn’t any kind of real rocket science to figure out when and where said conversation took place, then try and eliminate all who had access to said place. The number of suspects will already be reduced and if the cops get involved all bets are then off. Though that happening is something slim considering just what kind of deals happen in that place. Still, I feel that Bestie needs to be either brought up in the loop sooner and be more honest. I mean if she knew that the kidney was traded in place of the debt then there wouldn’t have been such a ruckus. This would further have led to the grandmother not offering to bring Gemma into her house.

Now in regards to the discussion of how Designer Mom fails to recognize her daughter after all these years. It makes partial sense that she isn’t able to do so because it has been ages since she last saw her. Had she been an adult when she left then I could find it hard to believe. But as children you change a lot while growing up and she looks nothing like how she was as a kid. Though to be fair this being a drama and all they were portrayed by different actors so that may explain that issue. Perhaps a parent can certainly recognize their own child no matter how much time passes by and all. Perhaps that is the sense of familiarity that she sensed when she got a look of her at Loan Granys house and all. But what could she do if Gemma denied the fact and merely told her that she looked familiar because they encountered each other at the restaurant. She may have her doubts but can’t do anything about it. Though looking at things she doesn’t even have that.

Now here is the thing some people can clearly recognize others no matter how many years pass while it may not have been the same for others. I for one have been in the latter category. Had a friend who I didn’t meet up for ages due to our schedules not aligning when we were kids. Finally got the chance to meet up at a mutual friends’ sister’s wedding. I heard that they (my friend) were also going to attend the wedding. So, I decided to wait outside and catch up with my friend. Turns out that I had a mental image which turned up false. While we studied, they were the shortest kid in my class and when I did meet my friend after a couple of years (my last meeting with them) he had only grown a few inches and all. So, I was looking for a short person. The facial details were a bit blurry and all. Turns out that I totally missed them and would have done so if I hadn’t overheard a bit of the conversation behind me making me realize who they were. Just for reference they had clearly recognized me but didn’t say so. So, in this case one party recognized the other after so many years had passed while the other didn’t. therefore, I do feel that it is partially possible in this case. But as some of you have pointed out that this was a mother that had raised her kids for so many years that she would be bound to have recognized her in someway or the other, family resemblance (to both herself and her husband), her voice. Remember Gemma showed up asking for her to meet up with her son. While Gemma was conveniently shrouded in darkness due to a faulty streetlamp, she did hear her voice yet she couldn’t even connect those dots this time around. I guess you aren’t trying to get Best Mother Of The Year Award.

Frankly not being able to recognize family or a particular person is nothing wrong in these dramas so it is to be expected at this point. I mean does anyone remember Designer Mums previous drama aka Gracious Revenge. They took this absurdity to the next level. Over there all of the Senior Actors only had a change in their hairstyle they still looked the same as their past XX years. So, in this case she was only sporting shorter hair yet nobody over there recognized her. Would give certain characters a pass in regards to this but not everyone. I decided to go along with the theory that due to time passing they could have forgotten about her (not that it made sense). But that wasn’t the only thing related to identities that I found absurd in that show. A character literally does a Clark Kent in that show. Disguising himself with a simple pair of glasses and a lot of people fail to recognize that he is the same guy they met a few hours/days ago (depending on drama time). Ofcourse then it is equally weird when they all seem to recognize him later on. Oh well I guess it was a good laugh in the show especially when the chemistry between the main leads just wasn’t there. Whoever that labeled their romance as Thunderbolt Romance was on mark. Please step up and claim your reward.

Now let’s try moving on to the question and answer parts of my post.

@maribella Guess these two week hiatus might just be the reason to check out your recommendation aka Taxi Driver. Someone did recommend a Chinese drama So I Married An Anti-Fan to check out but yours seems to be a bit more interesting. After that if I still have time will finish Tale of The Nine Tailed which I have left in the middle. So thankyou once again for your recommendation.

@LeftCoastOppa Don’t worry it happens. I have been known to mess up plots from other novels/movies/shows at times as well. It certainly doesn’t help that these K-Dramas seem to all share a common formula that to an extent we can guess what is going to happen in them by the end. But we still end up watching them just to see how we got there. Granted some shows do still end up surprising us at times. Take for example the ending of the previous show. I would have never expected what happened to the main lead to be the case in my normal watching and all. I guess there was a bit of foreshadowing of that to come by what they said a few times and all. But that usually happens to the villains at times to perhaps give them a redeeming arc and all. Not that I buy it and always tell myself that they are simply biding their time to strike back at the main leads.

@Lmangla thanks for the information on Be My Dream Family. Sounds a bit interesting did watch 5 Children a few years back and enjoyed it. Has been a few years since I actually watched a family drama. So, this might be the place for me to restart.

I do agree with your assessment that it would have been perhaps a bit nice to find out the motivation for certain characters especially between the time jump. Like you said it is hard to gauge reactions of certain characters. We can speculate but those can easily be wrong. For instance, as of now it is clear that Designer Mum is clearly ambitious and likes to take huge risks even against the advice of others. Is it because of her greed or does she have an ulterior motive and if so, what is it? Does she ever plan on tracking down her first kids and checking up on them? I mean I totally get Gemma’s grievance against her mother abandoning her. I know the mother promised her husband that she would never meet her Ex-Husband or children but that shouldn’t mean that she couldn’t keep tabs on her kids and perhaps help them out in secret. Open up a trust fund for them or something. This way Gemma holding a grudge could seem unreasonable or she would have been able to recognize them etc… Sure her current husband is partially to blame but she isn’t totally blameless in this situation. It further doesn’t help that she seems to steal Gemma’s designs unintentionally further fueling her revenge against her and all.

@LeftCoastOppa Give it time everyone is going to start feeling the love of the Wardrobe Fairy pretty soon. I mean currently Gemma probably doesn’t have the cash to get designer outfits. But now that she has become part of Loan Grandma’s family that is about to change. So, you can expect her in better outfits hopefully. Not that I notice the fashion in the shows most of the time. Did have a blast though reading the comments in the previous show regarding Evil Mom and her fashion sense. So did pay attention to it at that point and did see what you all meant.

@backstreetboysfan The only reason that the second lead may end up chasing Gemma is probably due to the fact that she is unlike the other women that he has bumped into in the past. Everyone that he knows is aware of the fact that he is loaded. So, they probably chase him after said fact or get something out of him be it free drinks or other freebies. But Gemma is different because she is not only interested in him, she doesn’t care that he is rich or not and is therefore not afraid to give him a piece of her mind when he needs it. Something nobody else will do. Sure, there may be some people who profess that they are madly in love with him but he just doesn’t feel it and lets them know that he would rather be free than tied down to him. Sadly, they have the Second Leady Obsession Syndrome going for him so he is a bit unlucky in that department. He needs to find someone that genuinely likes him for his personality and not his wealth and he needs to feel the same way for them if he wants a happily ever after. I guess some hard living might be beneficial for him as well but that is debatable. On the second hand Second Female Lead definitely needs hard living since she has been spoilt badly by her family and they all seem to have their own agenda.

I guess with her personality it will be next to impossible for her to form any kind of bond or friendship with Gemma. Which in a way is a bit sad. For instance, if that was the case then we could perhaps see Gemma have doubts if she wants to continue with her revenge plot and all. Which just might make Gemma a bit more interesting.

@maribella wait you mistook the male leads name with Loki? Also, who are you referring to when you apologize to those who like him? Is it Loki again? Again it happens so no big deal. Heck I have a hard time keeping track of some of these characters and mix them up. Will be getting into that in a bit down the line.

@LeftCoastOppa Most of the time that I have found characters in somebody elses bed in these dramas is when either both parties are dead drunk and do so accidentally or when one of them takes advantage of the others drunken state to get what they want. Aka Giraffe from the previous drama clearly fits the bill for the latter.

I agree with you in regards that the SiL still doesn’t like Designer Mom but that is probably due to the fact that she is a bit of a snob. I know I shouldn’t be saying that about a person. But look at how she treated her in the start. Always looking down on her simply because she was richer than her but then again it may have also been out of loyalty towards her former SiL and she simply thought that Designer Mum was simply trying to seduce her brother for his wealth and all. But even then, I feel that there could have been more civil ways to express her thoughts in regards to this. If that was her intent, she may have thought that if she makes Designer Mum feel uncomfortable, she would get the message and stay away from her brother and family if she had any pride and all. But things didn’t happen as either party expected and she is now her new SiL. Still the hostility between the two is still there though it seems more toned down. They will end up offering barbs to each other but one on more equal footing. For instance, in the last episode Designer Mum mentions how the Aunt is leeching of her brothers success/money by starting her own business. Something that she wouldn’t have been able to do so on her own. So, the Aunt digs back that Designer Mum must be equally happy since she has become more successful than her own husband and pushed him out. Designers Mum’s response to that it is all because of The Power Of Love. Giving that round to Aunt.

Agreed even I feel like fast forwarding the mom and aunt scenes. They are annoying. Am actually surprised to say this in regards to a show. Normally characters don’t annoy me that much. Sure some customs do but that is entirely their right. For instance I just find it weird when grown up adults refer to their kids/grandkids as lovely puppies or tap them on their behind. I get that they are being affectionate towards them and all and is pretty much a custom over there I guess. But if these were little kids, I might not have such issues but when it happens to grown adults it just feels odd to me. But that is a minor gripe and I have more or less accepted that so it doesn’t bug me as much as before. But these two just seem to get on my nerve. Perhaps they are indeed meant to be the comic relief. But instead, they turn out to be the annoying department. Maybe something is being lost in translation or perhaps the Koreans find it amusing. But I am not in that department. I would rather we spend more time on other parts of the plot than focus on those two. Am so annoyed by them.

I don’t think that the maid was supposed to be funny when she said that she took pictures. I felt like she meant that she took them as evidence incase the police needed to be involved. But grandma stopped her from doing so since she felt that she owes Gemma for the kidney donation and all.

As for character nicknames don’t know about that. I try coming up with a few in almost every drama I watch or comment on. Sadly 9/10 they never seem to catch on. Atleast people understand who I am referring to by the end of the day so I feel like it isn’t a total loss. Sure, if someone comes up with a better nickname than mine, I won’t hesitate to follow it once I figure out who they are referring to. Need to also get out of the habit of stop using my own. But after that we are all good. Problem with coming up with good names is originality mostly for me. I mean take these second female leads. Almost all of them seem to be totally clingy towards one of the leads but I can’t call all of them that now can we since it might get confusing at one point. Just take some of the Disney movies back in the day. Almost all of the princes in their moves were referred to as Prince Charming. Yep, totally confusing though people have ended up making nice parodies out of that fact. I guess it is time for me to make a list of all the nicknames that we have come up with so far for this show and other options that maybe available over here so one can take their pick if they are interested or use that as the basis to come up with something better.

Min Hyee Kyung (the Mother): Considering the fact that she designs shoes or used to design them we can easily go with the name Designing Mom/Mum/Mother or similar variants. Of course, other things considering her nature one could also go with the following Options Greed, Queen Of Ambition (wait wasn’t that a name of a show. Might not be a good idea since that might get a case of copyright infringement. LoL). Since she has also been known to have abandoned her kids for a better life options could go as follows. Traitor, Miss Self Interest/Preserver or Shady Mom since she has been currently doing shady deals and stealing designs. Take your pick. Hmm Might just go with the last one now.

Kwon (New Husband): Okay I already gave my reasoning but I tend to call him Sloppy. Since he has been making mistakes ever since we met him. Chasing a married woman when he himself was married. Sloppy Driving which resulted in the hit and run of Shady Mom’s husband and finally he accidentally dropped his wallet as evidence allowing him to get blackmailed. But if that wasn’t sloppy enough, he gets the witness aka the uncle the sign an oath that he will never bring the matter up again or ask for money but he sloppily drops said notice again just to get the evidence that he had. Perhaps he may have thought that the Uncle would be honest enough and hand over the entire evidence so the uncle wouldn’t have anything to blackmail him in the future. Probably isn’t going to be the case if we know dramas. So, in short, this guy is totally sloppy and then even after marriage it hasn’t helped since he has allowed his wife to take over his company of sorts. Thus, I feel that name fits him well.

Hye-Bin (Daughter/Sister): Hard to come up with a name that hasn’t already been used for a past character as she is nothing new or special. She is Clingy/obsessive, delusional, Power Abusive? Just to name a few. She also appears to be miss unmotivated both at work and home. No studies just wants to get married. Awesome. Everybody would want her as the perfect DiL material. Sadly, she isn’t tall enough to be called a Giraffe and she hasn’t been shown to be sneaky enough to be called a Rat. How about doing something different for a change and call her Sagaji (hopefully that is how you spell it. Meaning Rude) we can call her that for the time unless someone comes up with something more creative.

Aunt (Hye-Bin’s): How about referring to her as Snarky since she seems to be the only one that likes to talk back to Shady Mom and likes to trade barbs with each other. Okay will admit don’t know if either of those terms are correct or fit here. Other options that could go well would be Snob but so far it seems that her level of Snobbery has gone down from the start. Perhaps her interactions with Gemma if any might make us rethink this name or come up with something better. Speaking of Gemma how does one think that she will react once both or one of them discovers the true identity of the other.

Geun Woo: Since he likes to go to clubs but at the same time is totally lazy to do some actual work, we can refer to him as Clubber or Lazy Clubber or since he is also a Ladies Man much like second lead he can be known as Player. Or perhaps Goofy Player. Probably not.

Hyon-Seok (Second Lead): Since he is pretty much a Playboy why change his name. There is the fact that he likes art/pictures so we could probably come up with a name related to that if we really wanted to.

Ki-Seok (Main Lead): I guess I had to finally look up some of these names just to get over here and trying to learn them. Either way lets get on with him. Since he was formerly a Professor let’s just go with that for the time being.

As for anyone else remaining try the following. Jin Ah currently goes by the name of Gemma. Since that is an easy name to remember let’s just use that for the time being. Her mother and aunt are an extremely annoying and frustrating duo and they are almost always on screen together so you might as well refer to them as such. Another option could be calling them Siamese like the twins. But I guess the duo option is better. We can infact choose one of them as frustrating and the other as annoying. Take your pick on who is which. Hopefully I didn’t miss any character with a nickname but like I said if I missed any am sure that others will easily pick up the slack and get more creative with their nicknames. Right I named uncle Sleazy but not sure if that is apt.

@youactlikeicare I have to agree with your assessment in regards to the mother and aunt. I guess since they both have clashing natures of sorts you can go with both. The mother does tend to worry about Gemma probably still due to the guilt she carries of keeping the abusive dads’ deaths true nature and how her brother and her took advantage of that situation. She was clearly frustrated by the fact that Gemma kept her in the dark regarding the surgery. So, for her it makes sense that she might go for Gemma’s sake. The Aunt on the other hand seems to be on the debatable side. Her going to milk money does sort of make sense but her take on it would be that they would all benefit from said deal. Frankly speaking if she leaves the show a lot of things will actually get better as one can see she is the instigator of trouble most of the time. Oh, wait see this makes me wonder if we can give her that as a nickname now. She has no real idea of the situation and what is going on yet she pushes the other person to forge ahead with her assumptions and all thus causing uncomfortable situations. Take for example her witnessing Professor hugging Gemma outside. She immediately thinks that something romantic is going on between the two. Regardless of the case whether or not it is true who are you to go with the mother to see the guy and start discussing about marriage. Gemma is an adult at this point and if she believes that he is the guy she will approach her family that she is interested and that they should go ahead or the guy will come and introduce himself to her family. Perhaps in Korean culture it is different so I may be misreading the situation and that they were totally in their right.

Follow this up with the fact they didn’t discuss with Gemma regarding her surgery but they barged into Loan Shark Granny’s house making demands and whatnot and trying to guilt trip her into paying them money for the sake of Gemma and all. I really don’t see why they are thinking of the fact that Gemma is naïve and has been taken advantage off. If they had an issue, they should have discussed it with her first instead of jumping the gun. Gemma could and should have easily explained the situation to them at this point. Instead, she is all about just simply calling them Mum and how she is making things more difficult for her. At this point I feel that both parties are at fault.

I don’t know if Playboy will cheat on Sagaji. Assuming that they even get married. Who is he going to cheat on Blonde Girlfriend? I mean Sagaji is her mothers’ daughter after all and she isn’t going to take that lying down. If she catches him cheating with anyone you can be sure that she will find a way to get rid of her opposition. Plus, her real rival is going to be her sister aka Gemma that she needs to get rid off at most. We have probably a good idea of that works in these shows so won’t get into it for the time being.

But while we are on the topic of Playboy and his Blonde Friend. The guy was having a blast when grandmother shows up for a surprise visit and all. He literally goes dressed in his boxers and bathrobe to answer the door. I mean who does that. Is it considered okay to meet guests dressed like that (random strangers or family) I would have my doubts? Then he clearly misreads the situation and tells his friend to greet his grandmother and stick around. Fortunately, she had enough sense to read the room and made a hasty retreat. Then again, he could have been doing everything on purpose.

As for Gemma not going after Bio Mom had she not met her again is probably accurate. Come to think about it that is a lot like what happened in Two Mothers as well. Had the second female lead not encountered the female lead with her husband (aka her Ex) and both of them living a happy life she wouldn’t have gone bonkers and gone after them. The same can be said for Gemma. She had more or less moved on with her life and considered her mother dead. If it hadn’t been for her brother’s accident and the file that he kept she wouldn’t have bothered to even search for her mother. But seeing that her mother has moved on with her life and is living a comfortable life after abandoning them revenge has started to form in Gemma’s mind. But as of now it seems like she has no set/real goals as to how she is going to achieve it. So right now, she is in the intel gathering phase. But certain things are certainly going to start to stack up which will further motivate her to take revenge on her mother for all the perceived notions that she has against her. Stealing her hard worked designs again and this time giving them to her daughter will certainly motivate her. I can only assume that she might have been willing to give her a pass had the mother bothered to recognize her during their current encounters.

Oh, wait maybe the mother can’t recognize her because as a kid she didn’t have any moles on her body but now as an adult she seems to have atleast two on her neck. So, the mother is genuinely confused. LoL.

@maribella I actually found that scene a bit weird. How Shady Mom treated Gemma like that especially infront of Loan Shark Grandmother. Remember this is the same woman that called Gemma her daughter/granddaughter and someone she valued highly. So, she allows said person to be treated like a servant. Weird. Unless she wanted to check out Gemma’s reaction towards Shady Mom and how she judges people and all. I mean knowing grandmothers’ feelings in regards to this she should have given Shady Mom an earful for treating her treasured person like that.

@Lmangla I think that in regards as to why she tells the younger brother that she is a fake and not the Professor might be a simple explanation. We have to remember that the Professor was the one that approached her to sell them her kidney so he probably would know about all the procedures to make it happen. That would probably include getting her on the family registry. I think the grandmother even mentions this fact to him as well. So, in this case he probably already knew so why bother doing a double explanation on Gemma’s part.

It does feel a bit weird that she is confessing her feelings to the Playboy regarding the Professor. It is almost like she is joking when it comes to this matter. Like she hasn’t realized that she is actually starting to have feelings for him so she jokes about it with the younger brother. As one can see that is the interactions that she goes with Playboy. Once the ice melted between them, they tend to be quite close and joke around. I am going to guess that people around them are initially going to misinterpret their relationship and think that there is something going on between them. You know what this seems to be another thing that seems to be popular in this show. Abusive Dad thought that there was something going on between his wife and her Ex. Sloppy thinks that is wife is upto something these days and is trying to backstab him. Now it will be the Professor and Sagaji who will think that there is something between those two and jealousy might just sprout up. Hopefully this matter will be resolved soon so that we can see more bonding time between the main leads unless she starts to chase after her stepbrother to get close to her mother to take her revenge. Though people might make an issue of that we might not have that happen.

@maribella Isn’t Gemma studying shoe design as her major. It was her design that was also stolen which she made for her brother and from what I am hearing the mother is doing it again. So, I guess she is still in the shoemaking business as it is in her genes. As for grandmother wanting the guy to get married. I explained earlier in the post. She wants him to start to get responsible but she is going about it the wrong way. The other thing that I have noticed about her is that she doesn’t feel like she should owe another person. Shady Mom did bring about a valid point. if rumours of her daughter being with another man (sleeping and relationship) got out that her marriage prospects would decrease. Any offers that would come might not be decent as they would think that was her kind of personality and all. It is the reason why grandmother is telling him to take responsibility for his actions. If she ends up getting pregnant then those prospects will further go down to zero. Also like I pointed out it prevents him from going after other women if he is married thus, he would also be safe from any future scandal. But like you I agree that she is going about it the wrong way. They need to sit down and have a heartfelt chat to resolve their differences. Perhaps Gemma will be the bridge between them further solidifying her position in that family.

@Lmangla I get the feeling that Playboy was aboard for most of the time. Look at his track record he was supposed to be studying but at some point, he gave up and started moving from place to place. Probably searching for what he was missing in life and his purpose. Remember Professor also mentioned to her that he was the grandmother’s legal guardian or am I messing up with another drama in regards to this. If I am not then his statement makes sense. Since he was the closest to his grandmother, he ends up doing anything for her and goes along with most of her suggestions. He did try and put his foot down when she tried to get him into the money business so she had to change tack and tell him that she opened up a restaurant and she wanted him to run it as it was her dream and all. So, he is back to listening to her for the time being. But Playboy being more independent (sort of since he is still reliant on his grandmothers funds) has become more of a rebel and wants his freedom.

@lila21 This being a typical K-Drama it makes total sense for Gemma to join that company instead of starting one of her own even if she has the funds from Loan Shark Grandma. First of all we don’t know just how much she would have loaned Gemma. Gemma also has her pride as we have seen in previous episodes so she isn’t going to outright ask the Loan Shark Granny for money as of now. Also, another thing to consider is the fact that the story needs to progress at a slightly faster rate. If she opens up let’s say her own store, she has to compete with her mothers’ company at some point. Now realistically speaking there is no way that she can compete fairly with such a huge company no matter how good she may be. Remember the beginning of the show. Her mother clearly had the talent that Sloppy used his company to purchase her designs and all. But at best she and her husband were running a small custom shoe design shop. Had they been super successful considering that she was a great designer they would have had a larger store. Or they would have been overbooked with orders. Nothing like that happened. So, one would only have to assume that Gemma would face similar obstacles and it would be many years when and if she could compete with her mother. Now I know for a fact that as a viewer I wouldn’t want to wait for that to happen or even get a time skip because things tend to get missed out in regards to that. This means that the only option available to Gemma at the moment would be to join that (her mother’s) company. This way she not only gets to keep tabs on her mother so that she gets a better idea of how to take her revenge against her. Perhaps she also wanted to discover who stole her initial designs and all. So, I feel that nothing was wrong in her joining said company at the moment.

@tofumochu They probably don’t have another son because Shady Mom might have thought that having multiple kids was going to cause problems down the line when it came to the matter or inheritance. Especially if she wants to hand over some of it to her other children as well. In that case she already had a son. If this wasn’t the case, she would still feel more secure with just one child inheriting it all. Plus, the way I see it her daughter also happens to be her insurance policy in that case she only needed just one child. We have called her selfish and greedy etc… well this fits in perfectly with her nature. If she has a child with her husband then they have a harder time getting rid of her without anything to her name and all. After that she could easily make excuses why she didn’t get pregnant or that she was too busy to have another child etc…

@backstreetboysfan Well in that case have a Happy Early Birthday Wishes from all of us.

@LeftCoastOppa Am going to go with Option 2. It makes more sense plus you don’t stress on an object/person/thing in a show if it isn’t going to play an important role in the future. So as some point the necklace is certainly going to take play. Perhaps the daughter will steal it once she realizes the significance. But like all second lead characters she won’t get rid of it thus mum will catch her with it and discover her identity. As for the uncle did, he already discover Gemma’s identity? Don’t know how close those two are. He specifically left because he didn’t want to feel guilty or be reminded of the night of the accident and slip up. So, I doubt that he will be the one to slip up and call her by her actual name. he might probably try and avoid her as much as he can once he discovers the truth. If anyone will slip up and call her by her actual name it is probably going to be Bestie. She has already done so when they were getting drunk. Gemma had to remind her to never call her by that name is Jin Ah is dead and she has turned her back on said identity and all.

I guess Sloppy is suddenly chummy with Playboy because at the end of the day he is a businessman and he realizes that his wife is probably correct in regards to him being related to that family will only help his business grow or something along those lines. Perhaps the husband is thinking up ways of how to retake his company and he therefore needs the support of him and his grandmother.

@maribella Lets not be surprised at them being so clumsy at this point. Anything goes in these dramas. I can’t even blame it on plot device or plot holes. I don’t know what the writer seems to think at these points but I know for a fact that I probably wouldn’t want to watch Two Mothers by this writer again unless it is those bloopers from that show. So, let’s see how this show turns out. Like I mentioned am planning on sticking around for a few more episodes before I give in my final verdict. Also, as we have pointed out she is just beginning her quest for revenge so she is bound to blunder up every now and again. Unlike in the previous drama the female lead had 5 years to plan her revenge and all. That is why the execution was pretty good for most of the parts. But over here this isn’t the case. Also, in that drama she had a good teacher to teach her the path of revenge. Over here Gemma is surrounded by bumbling fools which further doesn’t help her cause.

Anyway, am starting to feel hungry and feel tat this post as gotten a life of its own. Making it a very unhealthy and long episode. So will be ending this post over here for the time being. My apologies for that. Anyway, all of you take care and hopefully keep enjoying this show and posting. Perhaps this 2 week hiatus might make us all run away for something better. Regardless I am now out from this post and will have something to eat before watching the latest episode. So till next time and take care.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

@yamiyugi if you want to see the baddies get whipped badly, Taxi driver is excellent. The best thing is nobody jumped off the bridge for feeling guilty about causing evil ones to die. 

Don't forget to post what younthink of it. But if you are looking for 'lurve', not a chance.

That haunted house show also dished out great punishments for evil people. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

wow, did not see this coming. HK using Gemma shoes design telling the press that it is HB design, but Gemma reviling the stealing true an article in same episode. Can not wait to see HK face when she realize Gemma is her daughter and she treated her like this. She have lost any change for any type of rebuilding bond with her daughter. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Meanwhile, 1 episode later ...

The wardrobe fairy arrived :transforms:... for EVERYONE - OMG even the office staff were sharply dressed

- Ki-Seok is suddenly warm and flirty with Jin-Ah

- After a dinner date "NO" to dating, suddenly she's okay for late night NETFLIX and chill + arm huggies :rolleyes:

- Hye-Bin gets the conveniently placed water glass treatment ... what? No follow up or fallout?

- Hyun-Seok has a real bad memory or he sees alot more shoe designs than we the audience are aware of

- Hye-Kyung has a real bad memory too ... wouldn't you first suspect the designer who KNOWS you saw their designs as a prime suspect in outing you?  ( BTW if she sleeps with baldy the assemblyman to advance her career, she deserves the noose ) 

- Siamese twins are still annoying (credit to @yamiyugi for name)

- Bestie got her man some extra bulgogi - my kinda girl :wub:

And so the big wait begins - Whats everybody else watching in the meantime? 

I'm watching Devil Judge &You Are My Spring, and waiting on Red Sky

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hye-Kyung has a real bad memory too ... wouldn't you first suspect the designer who KNOWS you saw their designs as a prime suspect in outing you?  ( BTW if she sleeps with baldy the assemblyman to advance her career, she deserves the noose ) 

:lol: ohhhhhh, that is a good one, Hye-kyung sleeps with baldy, she pretty much will do anything as in abandoning her children, sleeping and marrying the man who killed her first husband, not surprising if she sleeps with baldy just to out baldy and take his position as assembly leader and killer hubby finds out and does the noose treatment 

Hye-kyung looks good in black, she should wear black all the time, fits her black widow spider venomous aura

Hyun Seok protesting the marriage, goes to work at the girl's mother's company and becomes touchy feely with her... ok....

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Sleeps with assemblyman Son? :crazy: 

I think the nail-in-the-coffin part will come from Mr Kwon. Gemma would do her part but the last stroke would not come from her. She will say ' my omma'. 
But Mr Kwon will not have such sentiments. He does not seem too attached to his daughter either.

But it's a long way off yet.

Will Gemma try to retrieve the file HK has?  Yes,

Will she get caught? Most likely yes. It's only ep 15.

@lila21 HS is a strange character. They have to make him independent or malleable. 
I'm not sure what he is now.

• Like 5

Uhhh... two week hiatus for a 30-minute drama because of the Olympics?  Can these people walk and chew gum at the same time?  Are the actors also athletes representing Korea?  Don't get it...

Regarding the drama,  I'm enjoying it despite most of the leads being unsympathetic.   JA's mom making a 180 personality shift is interesting to me.  Curly-haired mom is a likeable character prone to hysterics and it makes me nuts that she knows what the right thing to do is but then doesn't do it.  The best actor, my opinion,  is loan-shark grandma who at this point is my favorite character because of all the different ways she can destroy Lora and take down JA's mom especially when she finds out how she abandoned, then contributed to and covered up for her own benefit, the death of the adopted son she is looking for.  I can't wait.

I'm not sure hit-and-run husband will take down Lora CEO.  He can't without implicating himself.  Part of his karma is watching his wife do to him what he made her do to JA's dad.

Lora's CEO is after grandma's money and she'll use whatever opportunity to get it whether marrying off her spawn, blackmailing grandma when she finds out they lied on the family register for the kidney transplant--and you know that's coming--or guilting and manipulating JA when she realizes her true identity. 

I'm already steadying myself for frustration because these goody-two-shoes characters always start out wanting (deserved) revenge or justice and end up trying to reform the bad guys.  Fortunately grandma isn't the wishy-washy sentimental type and that's where the real justice will come from fueled by her guilt that JA's dad had been abandoned by her husband then her rage at what Lora's CEO and husband did to him and then the subsequent abandonment of her grandson,  JH.

One good thing, though.  When all is revealed the leads are all cousins so no couples can be shipped and that's a good thing because none of these characters should be allowed to procreate. 

Happy hiatus!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

Uhhh... two week hiatus for a 30-minute drama because of the Olympics?  Can these people walk and chew gum at the same time?  Are the actors also athletes representing Korea?  Don't get it...

The time that the drama usually airs at (7:50 p.m.) is the same time as when the actual events of the Olympics are happening, so there's no way for the drama to air at its usual time. Live coverage for the Olympics start at 9:00 a.m. and ends at around 12:00 midnight every day, so there's just no time to air the drama. It's easier to go on hiatus. Since the main TV channels in Korea (KBS, SBS and MBC) are competing for TV ratings, they're all airing the Olympics live at the same time. As a result, a few other dramas are going on hiatus as well. The same thing happened during the last Olympics in 2016.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1