[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

Gemma is torturing her bio mom so much so early that my loyalties have switched to MHK. Sorry, but this needs to be less Tom and Jerry-ish.

and don’t we need some explanation for why MHK didn’t consider those kids hers?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Okay - help me out here ...

We the audience know HK is Jin-Ah's Mom,  Jin-Ah knows HK is her Mom, but HK didn't make the identity connection until last episode.

Question - When did Jin-Ah find out that HK finally recognized her?

Todays episode she launched into full blown revenge mode, and sending that photoshopped family photo would make no impact unless Jin-Ah KNEW HK had made the connection. 

HK is certainly acting the villain, but her actions otherwise betray her - seeing Jin-Ah as her daughter has shaken her up bad - HK wants it to be about blackmail because that is something she can understand, but answering for family betrayal is something she is having a very hard time with. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Goodness, Min Hee Kyung is horrible. I can't exactly blame Gemma, she ignored her up until Ji Ho's death. Poor girl, she didn't come to her for money, she came to try to grant her dying brother his last wish. 

How, though? He died before she could grant it.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

14 eps - I was actually finding this slow paced/meh before (too many side character scenes, not enough villain time) but I've been liking it more when they aired it again this week :joy: 

I was surprised when her mom found out already but I'm liking the fast pace! I kinda ship Gemma with Hyun Seok too lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

HK is certainly acting the villain, but her actions otherwise betray her - seeing Jin-Ah as her daughter has shaken her up bad - HK wants it to be about blackmail because that is something she can understand, but answering for family betrayal is something she is having a very hard time with. 

HK is having a hard time facing the truth that she abandoned her children. I have a feeling that when Hk will be in trouble and I think she will as she tries to enter into politics that Jin Ah will come to the rescue. Even as Jin Ah tries to go on full mode revenge, it seems to me all she wanted was her mother to acknowledge her as family despite her all her plans of revenge. 

I think that Jin Ah realized that mom may have made the connection when mom  went to her house to steal the shoes she had designed for her brother and Mom had threatened to call the police but did not. It would not be farfetched for Jin Ah to surmise that mom hired a private eye to investigate her, then mom would have made the connection but yeah, it was not shown when exactly did she know that mom read the investigative report unless she was working with the investigator. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

This drama has 100 episodes, aren't things progressing way too fast for that?

yea, thats what I am wondering as well. how exactly will it play out? usually the secrets don't come out till close to the end. here we are not even a third way through and already hee kyung knows and gemma is now openly rattling her.. the secret about the hit and run is still not yet out though.... so maybe that will drive the rest of the drama?

6 hours ago, lila21 said:

HK is having a hard time facing the truth that she abandoned her children.

yea, thats why she is trying to buy off gemma and accuse ok kyung of blackmail. it is easier for her to think of this as extortion and justify her actions than face up to the past. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

After watching episode 19 (raw) I now have 1 wish for this drama -

If Hye-Bin made the mistake of ripping on Gun-Wook, please, please, PLEASE give us 1 scene with restaurant bestie tearing into her - that girl loves her man, and I can't wait to see it - I promise i won't ask for any thing else :rolleyes:

P-L-E-A-S-E

let them fight fighting GIF

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:37 AM, Lmangla said:

yea, thats what I am wondering as well. how exactly will it play out? usually the secrets don't come out till close to the end. here we are not even a third way through and already hee kyung knows and gemma is now openly rattling her.. the secret about the hit and run is still not yet out though.... so maybe that will drive the rest of the drama?

yea, thats why she is trying to buy off gemma and accuse ok kyung of blackmail. it is easier for her to think of this as extortion and justify her actions than face up to the past. 

Then if they reconcile, as seems to be the path, aren’t we going to need a real Big Bad?

On 8/13/2021 at 10:06 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

After watching episode 19 (raw) I now have 1 wish for this drama -

If Hye-Bin made the mistake of ripping on Gun-Wook, please, please, PLEASE give us 1 scene with restaurant bestie tearing into her - that girl loves her man, and I can't wait to see it - I promise i won't ask for any thing else :rolleyes:

P-L-E-A-S-E

I dunno, I know people find a satisfaction in seeing rich girls abused, but I’m finding this trope old and tired.

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote GIFs, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

HK has been living in a denial for 20 years, she only has one daughter, her husband is the chairman of etc. of course she's rattled by even Gemma's presence. Now the recordings, photos etc are turning her crazy. She built Lora by plagiarising designs and bribing officials. An unscrupulous business woman and a mother who abandoned her children. If she had sent them to an orphanage, there would be some sense of decency.

While I can really pity Gemma's life after being abandoned, what is she expecting to get or do after spooking HK? Making sassy talk to her ex-mother is not revenge. She looks old to me. Even when her hair is down, she looks like in her 40s.

edit: maybe it's the makeup, that arched eyebrow, and the boring dressing.

In the last episode, HB wore shorts which looked like denim edged with lace. She looked like she wanted to look 12. The clothes in this show are a lot more misses than hits.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Then if they reconcile, as seems to be the path, aren’t we going to need a real Big Bad?

There is a possibility of them reconciling and building a relationship, only for it to blow up. Then HK and husband would go back to being the main villains. 

Right now all Gemma knows is HK abandoned them. She doesn't know about the hit and run, or both of her mother's role in the cover up. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

There is a possibility of them reconciling and building a relationship, only for it to blow up. Then HK and husband would go back to being the main villains. 

Right now all Gemma knows is HK abandoned them. She doesn't know about the hit and run, or both of her mother's role in the cover up. 

Would that also implicate the adoptive mother and uncle for not reporting the hit and run and the uncle took bribe money to keep his mouth shut? It is going to get messy for Jin Ah/Gemma will it not? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I dunno, I know people find a satisfaction in seeing rich girls abused, but I’m finding this trope old and tired.

Who said anything about abusing rich girls? Hye Bin was condescending to Gun Wook from the moment she saw him, and that condescension only deepened when she found out he was Jin-Ah's brother.  Isn't seeking a comeuppance for the baddies in a revenge drama what we watch for? 

8 hours ago, maribella said:

She looks old to me. Even when her hair is down, she looks like in her 40s.

Agreed - If you look at her pics in the promo material, I think we have another time jump coming

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I could see it being exactly that, HK looks as if her spring is about to break with all the cat-and-mouse with Jin-Ah, perhaps she breaks down and sincerely apologizes and for a brief instance they get alittle less antagonistic, and grow a little bit closer - then Dads death comes out and the fact that HK knew, and the house burns down again

The end of the preview is intriguing -

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I am guessing they'll set up Min Hee Kyung's husband as the big bad while we'll eventually see Hee Kyung reach peak evil state only to have an epic fall. Hye Bin too. 

Hye Bin hasn’t really done anything, though. She’s just immature and that stupid trope of being the “rich rude kid.” That photographer was one too, in the beginning, and he didn’t get any abuse or excitement over possible dog fights later on for it. And she shows signs of ethics, like not wanting to claim other people’s designs as her own. I’d rather she just comes around and becomes a good person. Otherwise, this show is going to become a yawning bore that follows old tired sexist lines.

• Like 2