[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

as for gemma, the girl greeted shoe dad with love -- not even sure how to process that one. so does she believe hee kyung was abused? or does she still think that hee kyung was making it up? or does she think that it is just hee kyung's perspective while her relationship was different?

I think it would also be easier for her to ignore what was said because facing the truth about shoe dad makes her uncomfortably guilty and she might even blame herself that she did not know. Denial is more convenient. It is self protection.  Talking and even screaming it out in the open would have been better, it would have been an opening but yeah, it will take years for both but more for Gemma to admit the truth about the man she knew as her father and forgive herself as well as ask forgiveness from her mother.

I am also surprised that she did not look for and greet coffee mom at the colambrium

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

51 minutes ago, lila21 said:

I think it would also be easier for her to ignore what was said because facing the truth about shoe dad makes her uncomfortably guilty and she might even blame herself that she did not know. Denial is more convenient. It is self protection.  Talking and even screaming it out in the open would have been better, it would have been an opening but yeah, it will take years for both but more for Gemma to admit the truth about the man she knew as her father and forgive herself as well as ask forgiveness from her mother.

I am also surprised that she did not look for and greet coffee mom at the colambrium

good points. looks like gemma didn't care or forgot? my feel always has been that gemma simply used coffee mom's death as an excuse to further justify her 'revenge'. maybe there was some guilt but no real love or feeling. she didn't visit other members of the coffee family either. so perhaps they were all just filler characters. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두
On 12/12/2021 at 12:17 AM, Lmangla said:

good points. looks like gemma didn't care or forgot? my feel always has been that gemma simply used coffee mom's death as an excuse to further justify her 'revenge'. maybe there was some guilt but no real love or feeling. she didn't visit other members of the coffee family either. so perhaps they were all just filler characters. 

That's the weakness of the writer. 
With just so much time he decides to focus on the main actors. 

I still can't get over what an idiot KS is. When they did their script reading, didn't they realise how little his role was? Now at the end, they could have replaced his scene with the coffee mum family especially they had been her family for 20 years and HK's family for less. JH could just ask her about seeing him.

Lora is nicely run by the Kwons, where does Gemma come in? 
Good heavens, not part 2 please :idk:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

The drama was a hot mess is perhaps an understatement. Hee Kyung was victim and they somehow turned that in its head and left that part unresolved. Abusive dad turned out to be rapist and a sociopath that imprisoned Hee Kyung, why was that necessary. It would make much more sense if they had shown Hee Kyung to have said yes to marrying him because of some one night stand. Gemma greeted her adoptive, rapist dad with love alongside the dead grandma. Why did I watch this?

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

9 hours ago, maribella said:

I still can't get over what an idiot KS is. When they did their script reading, don't they realise how little his role was? Now at the end, they could have replaced his scene with the coffee mum family especially they had been her family for 20 years and HK's family for less. JH could just ask her about seeing him.

Lora is nicely run by the Kwons, where does Gemma come in? 

A useless character that did nothing of interest to the whole plot! JH is the real male lead for the last 20 episodes and he gave a strong performance too!

7 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

The drama was a hot mess is perhaps an understatement. Hee Kyung was victim and they somehow turned that in its head and left that part unresolved. Abusive dad turned out to be rapist and a sociopath that imprisoned Hee Kyung, why was that necessary. It would make much more sense if they had shown Hee Kyung to have said yes to marrying him because of some one night stand. Gemma greeted her adoptive, rapist dad with love alongside the dead grandma. Why did I watch this?

Hahaha....agree with your sentiment! My wife also asked me "why did you watch this show" :rubchin:

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

That I feel is the disappointing part of the finale. At least they should show a glimpse of how Gemma's step brother was doing (any kids with her best friend) and also Tae Gil & Auntie! Totally disappointed that they chose not to do so. Perhaps the dinner with Gemma before she flew off was already enough to indicate happy endings for all of them?

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, monalisa said:

Still don't understand how Gemma and Hye bin's roles got switched. HK was already pregnant with Gemma when she got raped. So Gemma's brother was older than HB? 

No switch of roles. Both Gemma & Hye Bin are daughters of KHS and MHK. No doubt about that.

There's no way Hye Bin is Kim Jung Guk's daughter.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1