[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

18 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Evidently not

i know ...is just me thinking of a way for both girls to survive...i don't know very much about Buyeon...her familly is awful...what will happen between UK and his ''wife''...there is desire ,pasion,they almost turned their fake marriage into a real one...how will they handle their feelings?Will they be able to live as a couple?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I am baffled by Naksu’s soul.

A person’s soul reflects their character / personality — not something easily changed IMO.

S1-Naksu:  strong-willed, fiery, smart & calculative (whether the assassin or Mudoek)

S2-Naksu:  gentle, patient, passive, air-headed

Although stumped at the 180-degree change, it can easily be attributed to amnesia — although I had wondered if maybe JBY’s soul has survived (despite what Master Lee said) and somehow influenced Naksu’s personality change.

Then Naksu recovers her memory. Apart from that determined look and stride when going to meet JM, there seems no sign of her former self?!

The changes in Naksu (and JW) led me to suggest to the poll question to Partyon, though Partyon has been kind in the phrasing — the one I had in mind is evil :naughty:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I think the plan of Buyeon is something that they definitely need to answer before this drama is done. How far back does her plan go? Was taking in Naksu her original intent, or just something that happened to come up that she utilized? What is she trying to do?

I wonder sometimes if Buyeon has any feelings of her own for Jang Uk. Does she like him, too? Or is Naksu and Jang Uk's love story an unnecessary complication for her? Under the tree, she seemed to be stating the simple fact that Naksu's soul would be gone soon. (Ie not like a threat, just a fact.) And maybe she'd hoped to spare Naksu the pain of losing Jang Uk again. (If her soul disappeared before she got her memories back, she wouldn't have to suffer the loss twice.) But it didn't work out that way.

I also think there is a strong tie between Buyeon and Seol Ran. Like maybe could she even be Seol Ran, reincarnated?

The best solution to the two souls, one body, please give us a happy ending, is the one suggested here already: Jang Uk and Naksu become a married couple in every sense, not just in name only. Naksu gets pregnant and Buyeon decides to move into the new body. Cause then there would be two souls in two bodies! And Buyeon would have a shot at a happy family life with parents who don't sew creepy thread into her skin... PLEASE, Hong Sisters, please let this be your plan.

Otherwise, I see all three of them using their powers to save Daeho, at the personal expense of them all dying and becoming strewn like ashes throughout the whole land:

“You cannot grasp water, but it is inside the soil

You cannot touch fire, but it is inside the tree

You cannot hold the wind, but it is resting on the rock

If you let them be, they will exist everywhere..."

Thus saving Daeho, being "together" yet disappearing from the earth, and becoming legend/myth/gods.

(It's not my preferred ending, though! Just trying to prepare myself...)

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

I've always been left confused by the title 환혼

The Chinese translated title is 魂 ~ Returning of Soul

I've always wondered if it should really be 魂 ~ Changing of Soul

Both Chinese words uses the same in Hangul and pronounced the same way in Chinese, except for an intonation difference.

Throughout the whole series, only one pair's souls have been returned ~ Jang Gang and the late King. 

The mission of Jang Gang & Co. is to eradicate dark sorcery.  Ironically, he would dabble in a particular  환혼

Any soul-shifter when discovered (and proven*) are usually killed.

*Hence in Season 1, you saw Park Jin asking Yul to infiltrate the funeral parlor.

To make an exception would be hypocritical ~ as I recall how the Queen in season 1 has charged Park Jin with. 

The only soul-exchange exception I can think of is Master Lee ... but then he occupied a deceased child and did not use dark magic.  

I'm not here to make moral judgement against the characters in the drama, as like all of you, I'm in love with them AND I'm not so virtuous.

Am I the only one who caught Master Lee's comment to Yul?  --  That JW has the power to expel JBY's soul from the body. I wonder if he will be forced to make that decision before JBY's power is charged to 100% when Naksu's soul has to leave.

(Note:  The Chinese-sub I watch uses "to leave", and I heard the word "떠나" used by the young JBY also ~ to answer @LeftCoastOppa question) 

When JW first learn of Naksu's identity, he wasn't a Songrim mage yet.  When he became a mage -- haha, like he isn't the type to flout rules, and moreover ... who kills the teacher he is so indebted to and in love with anyway?

Koreans learn Chinese characters as part of their curriculum, so I cannot imagine how the official (Chinese) title would be wrong. Korean shows I've watched over the years very rarely violate moral principles also and they often (not always) find surprising ways to maintain that balance with a usually satisfactory solution.

If JBY wants her own body back -- which she has the right to -- AND if the Chinese officially translated title holds true, being "Return of Soul" ...

Spoiler

My guess is: 

JW will not use his power to expel JBY's soul, hence JBY's soul is returned to her rightful body, although perhaps retaining Naksu's face

He and JBY will join forces to deal with whatever issues thrown their way - be it a drought or the Firebird 

JW will then ask JBY to remove the ice stone from him -- even if JBY were to retain Naksu's facial features, he is not in love with JBY's soul

JBY becomes successor to Jinyowon,  JCY & Danggu are allowed to marry

JW and Naksu were not meant to be alive anyway, and souls re-uniting in another world is, albeit sad, a form of happy ending (like the movie "Somewhere in Time")

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, misspiggie said:

(Note:  The Chinese-sub I watch uses "to leave", and I heard the word "떠나" used by the young JBY also ~ to answer @LeftCoastOppa question) 

Thank You for the translation in part - I still don't believe Naksu will simply disappear, nor do I think Jang Uk will try to force Bu Yeon out of her own body.  There is some key piece to all this we still haven't been shown, and I still don't believe the taking of Naksu's soul was simply for convenience. 

Some things still don't make sense -

- Bu Yeon said she couldn't remember her name when found by Grandma, was that a lie? If not, when did she regain her memory?

- If Bu Yeon has been trying to restore her divine power, when was her power depleted?  I mentioned earlier that it made sense if it was due to the petrifying but if it was going on earlier, and thats why she took Naksu's soul then why didn't she complete that mission when she acquired control of the Ice Stone when Mama Jin gave Mu Deok the choke out?  Thats the power of the sky - is it not compatible with Divine power? isn't it Divine power?

- What was the whole purpose of the barrier episode? A test of Naksu's morality perhaps? Would she surrender the power willingly? A test of Jang Uk? (remember he ascends to the sky briefly in that episode) Will Jang Uk not using its power to expel Bu Yeon be his final test ... as Bu Yeon said in the Ice Stone nether, the only real choice is not to use it.

- If Bu Yeon only grabbed Naksu for power, then why bother saving Jang Uk from the AoS?  What did she gain by keeping him from switching?

Whatever explanation the Hong Sisters are cooking up, it better not involve the Mains Deaths for a 2nd time. Even if its to save Daeho, Jang Uk and/or Naksu's death is the abject failure Noona @partyon warned me the Hong Sisters are famous for ... I'm still hoping she's wrong:rolleyes:

-

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

54 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Some things still don't make sense -

I told you so. From the start. @Sleepy Owl said that too. And @maribella :approves:

Sometimes I feel that the writers' thought process is this:

8342d0e7b2c4b01a099f9d29ceac75f7.gif

35b67fd25f46a13c7f03b98847ced198.gif

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9529ksdrutn4rzq5uxulih

54 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Even if its to save Daeho, Jang Uk and/or Naksu's death is the abject failure Noona @partyon warned me the Hong Sisters are famous for ... I'm still hoping she's wrong:rolleyes:

Let's see ! 1 out of 4 of their endings are decent. <shrugs>

4 hours ago, misspiggie said:

The changes in Naksu (and JW) led me to suggest to the poll question to Partyon, though Partyon has been kind in the phrasing — the one I had in mind is evil

Yeah, as an Event Organizer I kinda have to follow the forum rules and refrain from posting too naughty stuff. :D

Even though I do have to say that we have the best moderators in the world who keep calm and carry on despite the Event Organizers wreaking havoc on the threads from time to time. 

:loolz:

(tagging our lovely @gm4queen @chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @Sunset )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 8

Watch: Lee Jae Wook And Go Yoon Jung Put Their Jokes Aside To Film The Perfect Kiss Scene In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2”

Watch: Lee Jae Wook And Go Yoon Jung Put Their Jokes Aside To Film The Perfect Kiss Scene In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2”

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” has taken viewers behind the scenes of Lee Jae Wook and Go Yoon Jung’s kiss scene!

Set in the fictional nation of Daeho, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama about people whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls. After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this past summer, “Alchemy of Souls” returned last month with Part 2, which is set three years after the end of Part 1.

The first part of the new behind-the-scenes clip highlights Lee Jae Wook and Hwang Minhyun’s chemistry as they diligently share ideas while rehearsing their action scene. Later, Yoo In Soo joins and the trio excitedly talk about Lee Jae Wook’s upcoming fan meeting. Yoo In Soo exclaims, “Even if you held a fan meeting in Malaysia, I’d still go,” unintentionally leaving video evidence for Lee Jae Wook in case he decides not to show up.

The jokes between the three actors continue with Lee Jae Wook teasing Yoo In Soo for smiling nonstop. He hilariously explains to the camera, “After Dang Gu [Yoo In Soo] filmed his kiss scene with Cho Yeon [Oh My Girl‘s Arin], his raised cheeks have yet to come down.” When Yoo In Soo films a different scene with Arin, Go Yoon Jung teases from behind the camera, “Why are his ears so red?” making everyone giggle.

Later, Lee Jae Wook and Go Yoon Jung practice their argument scene with the director. As Go Yoon Jung gets into character and angrily rehearses her lines, Lee Jae Wook keeps bursting into laughter and distracting the actress. When asked why he keeps giggling, Lee Jae Wook shares with a big smile, “This is the first time she’s gotten this angry at me. It’s so cute.”

As various characters gather to look after Hwang Minhyun’s sick character, he lays down with his shirt wide open, showing off his abs, and comments, “This was an unplanned exposure.” He then asks, “Director, what would you have done if I had a pot belly?” and laughs when the director says the scene would’ve happened anyway.

The end of the clip focuses on Lee Jae Wook and Go Yoon Jung’s kiss scene after their characters confirm their feelings for one another. In order to create the perfect scene, both actors engage in deep discussion before trying out all kinds of ideas. Thanks to their hard work, filming proceeds smoothly and the two are able to create a mesmerizing scene.

Watch the full video here!

[메이킹] 이재욱X고윤정 키스신, 그리고 황민현의 숨겨둔 복근 공개까지?! 환혼즈 매력 총집합#환혼빛과그림자 EP.8 - YouTube

Watch: Lee Jae Wook And Go Yoon Jung Put Their Jokes Aside To Film The Perfect Kiss Scene In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” | Soompi

• Like 9

9 hours ago, misspiggie said:

JW and Naksu were not meant to be alive anyway, and souls re-uniting in another world is, albeit sad, a form of happy ending (like the movie "Somewhere in Time")

Incorrect, JangUk and JBY were never meant to be alive in the first place. BY was dead in her mother’s womb. Her existence was the result of Uk being born, the downfall Naksu & her dad , & the death of many innocences. 

My hope is that their world needs the real JBY’s power along w/ Uk’s power to destroy the icestone, that is the only justification for the horrible life Naksu had and all those deaths. Ultimately, that Naksu gets her revenge from JM and then leaves this world properly because she no longer has a body to return to. In her next life, may she live a life full of freedom to do the things she wished w/out being control by anyone in her own true  body. I’m getting tired of seeing this BY’s body story arch when she is nonexistent & we know nothing of her. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

Naksu is a bird ... 

GGJNaMi.gif

ANGRY BIRD!!!

9956e117993bc3052b8637f379bc9120.jpg

1wXaW9V.jpg

I'm going to meet him

Spoiler

2ca3720399cefbdafe191062d0855d5d.jpg

And when I do...

Spoiler

rukbjE1.gif

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images or gifs per post. Please put any other in the spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • LOL 6

15 hours ago, misspiggie said:

Naksu:  gentle, patient, passive, air-headed

maybe she is like this...is her true self...she had such a hard life...i ;m glad that there are others that think that maybe Buyeon will come back in this world as Naksu and UK daughter...there is a lot of pasion between them and only 2 more ep...will they be strong enough to resist?they almost did it( ep 8)...this time they know who they are ...they are in love...

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, sakisuki said:

Incorrect, JangUk and JBY were never meant to be alive in the first place. BY was dead in her mother’s womb. Her existence was the result of Uk being born, the downfall Naksu & her dad , & the death of many innocences.

You have Uk and Bu Yeon reversed -

Jinyowon held the Ice Stone until Mama Jin allowed Jang Gang access to it to save her then dead child - Bu Yeon

Afterwards, Jang Gang managed to maintain control of the Ice Stone against Mama Jin's wishes, (which is why she doesn't trust Songrim) allowing the then King to use the AoS, where Jang Uk was conceived. 

Jang Uk's existence was the result of Bu Yeon being saved via the Ice Stone.

• Insightful 9

36 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

You have Uk and Bu Yeon reversed -

Jinyowon held the Ice Stone until Mama Jin allowed Jang Gang access to it to save her then dead child - Bu Yeon

Afterwards, Jang Gang managed to maintain control of the Ice Stone against Mama Jin's wishes, (which is why she doesn't trust Songrim) allowing the then King to use the AoS, where Jang Uk was conceived. 

Jang Uk's existence was the result of Bu Yeon being saved via the Ice Stone.

WHAT A MESS!WHAT WILL THEY DO?HOW WILL THEIR STORY END...BOTH GIRLS DESERVE A BETTER FATE!!!THE 3 OF THEM DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE!

i do hope Naksu and Uk CONSUMMATE THEIR MARRIAGE!!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i do hope Naksu and Uk CONSUMMATE THEIR MARRIAGE!!!

we need to wait until ice stone is removed  :mrgreen:

~>Nearly consummated their marriage but Bu Yeon pause:phew:
8845-A721-176-F-45-E3-A3-DC-3-F9-A933-F9

Bu Yeon / Naksu :tounge_wink:
171-B57-F3-8725-4-FB2-8233-2-F0-D4-E403-

Oppa , that rich :D

D76-DCCD1-BF58-4171-BF2-D-EDE6-DB454-D2-

**  my gutter mind ** 

• LOL 11

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Nearly consummated their marriage but Bu Yeon

Maybe Naksu  and Buyeon will have a ''girls talk'' and will ask her permission  to use her body...so she can be with UK ...maybe  Bu yeon will understand and agree...they are both in that body...they have to share it or they both die

• LOL 5

i have the feeling that both girls hate JIN MU...Maybe Buyeon will remember what happened that day on the boat with her dad and uncle...it was those 2 jerks fault ...she wants revenge too?i do hope they will find a way to coexist...they always did ...for 3 years even more it was like this 2 souls that share a body...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

both of them turn their power on Jin Mu

i hope they will...they both are strong...if i remember well Naksu is from Cho familly...she has powers too...Buyeon is from JIN familly...her mom loves her powers more then her daughter...

• Like 6