[Drama 2022] Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡

SC2019

14 hours ago, agenth said:

Does anyone else think that 40s husband treats his ladies sometimes like little girls? 

Like the way he'd just take hands and swing them, and hide and seek, etc.. I know those scenes are supposed to be romantic but it is too much cheese that it reminds me of a father with his daughter, except for the romantic connotations, of course. 

Then again that may be how he usually romances people 

Yes he perceives them to be dumb and easy to manipulate.He thinks as long as he shows enough affection to each of them he won’t get caught ... and that’s precisely how he’s going to get caught. Who knows? After grandma finds out she will make him her next homicide victim? I might even start liking her by then. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

10 hours ago, Najoua Soussi said:

SPY's sister ! They get her actress Lee Sook.

That's her aunt. There's a scene in episode 6 when her mother received a call from her sister and she told her mother that she's coming to Korea next month. And yes, that's Dan Saran's stepmom (from drama New Tales of Gisaeng), actress Lee Sook. She also one of Phoebe's artist (meaning the actors/actresses who have starred in the writer-nim's previous drama before) :D

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Lfd said:

You remember when his wife brought home that food he noticed it then that it was different and that his dad didn’t need to be eating it and thought granny must have changed the recipe and granny wasn’t happy that her daughter in law carried some home for him, granny was worried. 

That was because stepmom held back the real recipe from SPY. She doesn't want SPY to know how to make the real deal but pretending she has taught her everything about the dish. SPY knew that stepmom was not teaching her properly and purposely brought it home to get her husband to taste it. Stepmom was upset because she doesn't want her dear stepson to taste the less than perfect dish.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, hsmz said:

That's her aunt. There's a scene in episode 6 when her mother received a call from her sister and she told her mother that she's coming to Korea next month. And yes, that's Dan Saran's stepmom (from drama New Tales of Gisaeng), actress Lee Sook. She also one of Phoebe's artist (meaning the actors/actresses who have starred in the writer-nim's previous drama before) :D

the stepmom is also from drama New Tales of Gisaeng..she was the head of the house.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, robass said:

the stepmom is also from drama New Tales of Gisaeng..she was the head of the house.

Yes, 30s husband's mom & original Dongmi also from New Tales of Gisaeng.. Some of the plot also came from that drama - the father loves dog more than his wife, wanted to be treated like a king at home but not showing respect to the wife, having child out of wedlock, ghost and slapping. Most of the actor & actresses in this drama are also Phoebe's artists. 40s husband was in her drama Dear Heaven and Assorted Gems & 30s wife also from Apgujeong Midnight Sun as additional cast - now she's one of the lead actress.

p/s : Phoebe had a lot of controversies few years back. Her story in this drama probably being influenced by her own experience and of course plus with her imagination and fantasies. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That was because stepmom held back the real recipe from SPY. She doesn't want SPY to know how to make the real deal but pretending she has taught her everything about the dish. SPY knew that stepmom was not teaching her properly and purposely brought it home to get her husband to taste it. Stepmom was upset because she doesn't want her dear stepson to taste the less than perfect dish.

That’s right but she is messing with his food and somewhere he has noticed it but I can’t remember where. I still think he is wise about her and his dad. You remember he made mention of the inheritance can’t remember when but it was after his death it was mentioned just one time and nothing else has been said about inheritance. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

19 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Yes he perceives them to be dumb and easy to manipulate.He thinks as long as he shows enough affection to each of them he won’t get caught ... and that’s precisely how he’s going to get caught. Who knows? After grandma finds out she will make him her next homicide victim? I might even start liking her by then. 

I think he chooses people who are easy to manipulate. His attitude is a little bit like a psychopath or sociopath who don't understand real emotions, so they have to practice how to smile in the mirror, etc.

So he's cosplaying the perfect husband, the loving boyfriend, etc.

His wife is, too. We saw during her bitter "speech" to her mother in Season 1 how important her image is to her, and how doggedly she works to be the perfect wife/mother. Their relationship isn't about real affection and connection, but a "show window marriage." (That's a Korean expression I recently learned.)

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

I think he chooses people who are easy to manipulate. His attitude is a little bit like a psychopath or sociopath who don't understand real emotions, so they have to practice how to smile in the mirror, etc.

So he's cosplaying the perfect husband, the loving boyfriend, etc.

His wife is, too. We saw during her bitter "speech" to her mother in Season 1 how important her image is to her, and how doggedly she works to be the perfect wife/mother. Their relationship isn't about real affection and connection, but a "show window marriage." (That's a Korean expression I recently learned.)

A perfect desciption! She thinks she has it perfect and she is in love but it doesnt ocur to her how the fact that they have little problems might actually be the root cause of problems.A couple that rarely fights never showed their real sides to each other. But both act like they have the best marraige and love to boast about it.

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:35 PM, Madu Mita said:

@agenth  I figured out what the Doctor is attracted to. Woman with no father figure in their lives.  His wife and mistress both didn’t have a father while they were growing up. That is why he is always mentioned the word Daddy.  His need to treat them like little girls and want them to only pay attention to them alone. I think this came about because he also lost his mom early. 
Mistress grew up needy and wife is indifferent. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

31 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@agenth  I figured out what the Doctor is attracted to. Woman with no father figure in their lives.  His wife and mistress both didn’t have a father while they were growing up. That is why he is always mentioned the word Daddy.  His need to treat them like little girls and want them to only pay attention to them alone. I think this came about because he also lost his mom early. 

I want to leave a lightbulb response to your comment but also a lol because you've hit the nail on the head. 

I can't even be mad at 40s guy.... he's what we call "Brian" or "Kevin" in my country, the stereotypical player who is so smooth you can't even hate him, you can only do your best to avoid his slick tongue. It's almost genetic with these types, they just love to love many people at one time in their own twisted way. I can only watch in shock as he cheats on his wife. It's like watching lion families in the Maasai Mara hunting, like spectating a blood sport. You know what's coming, it's gonna be nasty and brutal but you can't look away!

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

33 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

After reading @agenth post about little girls. I was like she is so right. Then the answer came to me when I remembered seeing her father following her when she was with the Doctor. Lol lol @africandramalover Everytime he mentioned Daddy I was creeped out 

Yeaaaah. At first I thought it was my overwhelming disgust that he did those things with his stepmother, then tried to think about how it would look if he did it with other women, then remembered that he does do it. 

Like he keeps carrying his wife like she is a little princess. I mean he has a young daughter, so that could be transference too. Just wondering how this family life will implode because when the cheating comes out, how it will affect her world :( 

Poor girl. In her eyes her father is perfect, and soon she will probably see how her father is human. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Hopefully 40's wife will finally realise what her husband has been doing. Looks like she is going to the horse riding place, I hope he does not see her there. I mean they have dragged this out long enough. She cannot be kept in the dark any more. She has to find out before her mother dies. She needs to talk to her mother. She needs to finally understand what her mother went through. Pity it has to be this way. It will wreck her.

Nam Ga Bin is a piece of work. I cannot believe she had the gall to think they could be friends. Unbelievable woman. It is like she stuck a knife in poor Si-Eun and is turning it slowly.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I want to leave a lightbulb response to your comment but also a lol because you've hit the nail on the head. 

I can't even be mad at 40s guy.... he's what we call "Brian" or "Kevin" in my country, the stereotypical player who is so smooth you can't even hate him, you can only do your best to avoid his slick tongue. It's almost genetic with these types, they just love to love many people at one time in their own twisted way. I can only watch in shock as he cheats on his wife. It's like watching lion families in the Maasai Mara hunting, like spectating a blood sport. You know what's coming, it's gonna be nasty and brutal but you can't look away!

I will be calmly waiting , with tea in hand for the day of the blood sport to arrive. People have discussed Kimchi slaps but i think his smooth facade will crack if he's confronted by all three women in the same room at the same time.Stepmum be like "You love your mistress? I thought I was your first love?".  Wife will be "You love your stepmum ? You saild you love me and were loyal to me?" and mistrees will be like "You love them both? (sniff) I thought I was the only one" and she will proceed to wail. And the man's brain will malfunction trying to come up with multiple excuses at once. Maybe he will die of an heart attack like his dad  at once and the story will be about how the women proceed to live their lives, regretting the time and emotions they've wasted on him.

That would be my dream scenario.

14 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Soon , he’s own daughter is also going to grow up without a father figure :hwaiting2:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

I'm not that concerned about 40s wife finding out that her husband has been stepping out.

I mean, it will be juicy to see the final wife of this trio finally find out about her husband's affair, sure. But for her, I think it's not so much the betrayal of a loved one, but more of a humiliation due to the shattered illusion that she's worked hard to build.

I don't expect that she will scream with rage, or physically abuse her husband. I think she's going to be upset, then calm down and figure out how to best shut this down and maintain the illusion. (E.g., I think she's going to tell 50s wife, who told her about the mistress, that she is a family friend or something to spare herself the humiliation of being cheated on.)

But the girlfriend is not her biggest problem at all.

I think the biggest mess is the creepy relationship he has with his stepmother, and all the plausible deniability she's going to be confronted with because those two are a pair of master gaslighters.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, hyall said:

Looks like she is going to the horse riding place, I hope he does not see her there.

I think both will not see each other there. She will only find out in the hospital when Ami is hospitalized. We saw in the clip that she saw through the small window on the door that they hugged. I am guessing that’s probably the first time she found out. Please let it be tonight or the latest tomorrow night’s episode. I don’t want my popcorns to go bad having to wait so long. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don’t want my popcorns to go bad having to wait so long. 

Me: Countdown to eat popcorn..

Tonight gonna be diva BHR's night!

*can check Naver site/news for tonight's episode teaser

f6e62d0ff9fe30335da8b19995d5f892.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3