[Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결

ferily

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

I am at episode 83 and I will be catching up with you all soon. Loving this drama.

Can anyone please recommend any other good daily drama that I can watch. Be My Dream Family was my very first daily. I am not very keen on too much makjang. Something like this drama is good. I am going to try Ugly Alert after I finish this.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, hyall said:

I am at episode 83 and I will be catchign up with youa ll soon. Loving this drama.

Can anyone please recommend any other good daily drama that I can watch. Be My Dream Family was my very first daily. I am not very keen on too much makjang. Something like this drama is good. I am going to try Ugly Alert after I finish this.

My recommendation My Father is Strange, isn't a daily drama and it's already completed with 52 episodes but it's a family drama with similar vibes. :elated:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hyall said:

I am at episode 83 and I will be catchign up with youa ll soon. Loving this drama.

to be honest, be my dream family is a bit of outlier with the lack of makjang. it has got more of a weekend drama vibe which is understandable as the PD did "five children" ( a great drama if you haven't seen it). other family dramas that I enjoyed was "my husband got a family" and "sons of sol pharmacy". 

when it comes to daily, if you can handle a bit of the makjang, then "I am a mother too" and "mom has an affair" were two dailys that I enjoyed watching. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

to be honest, be my dream family is a bit of outlier with the lack of makjang. it has got more of a weekend drama vibe which is understandable as the PD did "five children" ( a great drama if you haven't seen it). other family dramas that I enjoyed was "my husband got a family" and "sons of sol pharmacy". 

when it comes to daily, if you can handle a bit of the makjang, then "I am a mother too" and "mom has an affair" were two dailys that I enjoyed watching. 

I have watched 5 children and loved it. That was a very good drama. I have also watched Sons of Sol Pharmacy. That was where I fell in love with Son Hyun Joo and Lee Pil Mo. Cho Chin Woong was really a gas to watch with his motorbike and Haraboji on it. I will check my husband has got a family and the other dailies you mentioned. I don't mind a bit of makjang.

11 hours ago, balletgoddess said:

My recommendation My Father is Strange, isn't a daily drama and it's already completed with 52 episodes but it's a family drama with similar vibes. :elated:

Yes I have seen it. That is a good drama.

BTW am at episode 90.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Now we just need Dabal and CEO to work things out.

it feels like they dragged it out for so long that I am not sure if there will be a satisfying romance. I hope it is good. only a couple more episodes this week and next monday, we have a new drama. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Now we just need Dabal and CEO to work things out.

So for today episode, look like  they won't end up together, maybe with her co worker,  so 110 episode for a potential romance but we have nothing 

I WAS HOPING SOMETHING GOOG FOR THIS ACTRESS WHO PLAYS DB, she was the first cast they introduced on this drama

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marrez1 said:

So for today episode, look like  they won't end up together, maybe with her co worker,  so 110 episode for a potential romance but we have nothing 

I WAS HOPING SOMETHING GOOG FOR THIS ACTRESS WHO PLAYS DB, she was the first cast they introduced on this drama

We still have a few episode it could happen still, it will just be so rushed.

11 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

We still have a few episode it could happen still, it will just be so rushed.

I was surprised that I liked the movement and it felt so lovely. gah - my heart melted :wub:

dabal seems to best understand judo/sports type metaphorical advice and I loved how the colleague just gave her smart advice even when he didn't really know the whole story. dabal explaining her feelings in judo speak and CEO understanding what she was trying to say - so sweet and gentle. loved that he didn't crowd her or try to dismiss her feelings and fears and instead understood her. she doesn't want him to leave is a big admission on her part and then her talking to sol was a huge step. he was the first person that sol names and so it was in some sense obvious that ceo makes dabal happy in his own serious quiet way. awww. hope the next few episodes are just as nice to watch. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I was surprised that I liked the movement and it felt so lovely. gah - my heart melted :wub:

dabal seems to best understand judo/sports type metaphorical advice and I loved how the colleague just gave her smart advice even when he didn't really know the whole story. dabal explaining her feelings in judo speak and CEO understanding what she was trying to say - so sweet and gentle. loved that he didn't crowd her or try to dismiss her feelings and fears and instead understood her. she doesn't want him to leave is a big admission on her part and then her talking to sol was a huge step. he was the first person that sol names and so it was in some sense obvious that ceo makes dabal happy in his own serious quiet way. awww. hope the next few episodes are just as nice to watch. 

I am so glad we got that scene, it was needed.

• Like 1

awww, CEO and dabal holding hands. it is interesting how this drama starts off romances in such a small gesture non-chalant way without big music or camera works. so we are almost at the end chingus! are you satisfied with this drama? 

• Love 1

• Lmangla changed the title to [Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결

I am so happy I watched this. What a splendid drama. So well done. It made me smile , laugh and cry. I am 6 episodes from the end. Loved it. I hope the ratings were very good. This writer is so very good. From now on this writer will be on my 'definitely watch' list.

Acting was really good too. I think that stories about families can be so rewarding to watch. I know that some dramas can be very trying and tiring when it involves too many secrets and misunderstandings but this drama had hardly anything like this. They did it just right. Got no complaints from me.

I am not sure how the Korean viewers reacted to a drama like this because I know that some viewers like a lot of makjang and they don't like these types of dramas because they are not heavy in that area. I also get that older dramas always rely on a  lot of unexpected secrets and convoluted connections to drive the story. This drama had none of that but each episode still managed to be both interesting and enjoyable. I hope more dramas like this are produced in the future.

• Like 5
  • Love 1