[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

Wow so Hwi is now the king of Joseon. I’ll be honest, I didn’t think or want to believe that Hwi would become the king even though the character poster showed Hwi wearing a king’s robe. Seriously now I’m wondering, how the heck will our couple be together now that she’s king?! Ughhhh..

Of course the drama showed in episode 13 all the happy moments with Hwi and Ji Eun and proceed with heartbreaking moments.. 

I seriously can’t wait until lord sangheon goes down. Now that Hwi was more power, maybe she shall do things on the side to bring her grandfather down. Also I’m wondering what Ga On’s role will be now. I wonder if he will serve Hwi?

Looks like Ji Eun is staying in the palace for the time being. I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a royal

physician or something though. Curious to see where the drama will go from now! Also oh no, someone sees Hwi and ji Eun kiss…I’m betting it’s Ji Eun’s father who sees, which by the way is so dumb?!! I thought he’d figure out that Hwi is Dami after seeing her in a dress. I think he’ll start to figure out next episode though based on episode 14 preview

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

so the bodyguard isnt the twins of lee hwi

dunno how this gonna be turned out,well korean different with all monarchy where queen can ruled the country.

if that happen maybe her little brother became king and lee hwi step down became queen (if theres good endings)

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Aw, Queen Ha Kyeong is so cute having so much love for our King! I don't know that feeling of seeing and loving only one person whether a man or woman but I really love her to bits! Maybe I'm bias coz I love the actress too. I'm really hoping they will not change her character in the drama and only change her ending! 

• Blob 1

KBS’s “The King’s Affection” is continuing to receive love from the viewers!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 22 broadcast of “The King’s Affection” garnered average nationwide viewership ratings of 10 percent. In addition to being a 1.2 percent jump in ratings from the drama’s previous personal best of 8.8 percent scored last week, it also marks the first time that “The King’s Affection” achieved double digit ratings.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-kings-affection-hits-10-in-ratings-its-new-personal-best/#ixzz7D0LMksRY

• Blob 2

Ep 13 was so good, especially the scenes of Hwi with her little bro and the evil grandfather. Amazing acting by PEB - felt all her deep anger and resentment against her grandfather and can’t wait to see how she gets rid of him. It will take time to convince him that she’s the puppet etc. Hwi became Emperor - yes!!!!! 

I am going to look forward to seeing JU become her physician and oh oh Hyun finding out the truth about OTP. Sooo good. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Just finished watching episode 13. One word to describe it: Angst.

It's nice that Jiwoon said that his feelings for DamHwi never change even with the gender reveal. Them talking about their future domestic life (I wonder why he choose to be a fisherman than his usual physician job?) is so sweet and then she got taken away.*sigh*

The king died but I'm glad she got to know his true feelings. Gaon's real name is Kang Eunseo, that sounds kinda feminine for me. This is my first time seeing the white mourning clothes in sageuk (I didn't watch much). I love the bonding moments between DamHwi and the rabbit Prince Jehyeon/Lee Gyeom.

Our crown prince has become the king. The coronation ceremony is majestic, fitting for a king heh. I hope she can find a way to not be Lord Sangheon's puppet and protect her loved ones.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

*spoiler alert*

Spoiler

today's episode seems like jiwoon father know, our king is dami and he going to kill her next week based on the preview. I hope he will kill instead. I'm tired of too many villains in this drama. haha. i know that ha kyung like our king a lot but I really hope that they can become good friends when her know the king identity..and we can see jiwon jealous next week. ah, can't wait. :getmygrooveon:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, quentin said:

*spoiler alert*

Hide contents

today's episode seems like jiwoon father know, our king is dami and he going to kill her next week based on the preview. I hope he will kill instead. I'm tired of too many villains in this drama. haha. i know that ha kyung like our king a lot but I really hope that they can become good friends when her know the king identity..and we can see jiwon jealous next week. ah, can't wait. :getmygrooveon:

But what about our sexy bodyguard??

• Blob 1

binged watch this week's episodes and i have to say i really detest lord sangheon. his evil knows no bounds. i'm glad that hwi has commander yoon helping her to bring him down but i'm worried for her and their dangerous endeavour. 

i really enjoyed the scenes between hwi and prince jehyeon. it's such a pity as they could have had such a loving relationship if it weren't for all the secrets and schemes. 

haha i didn't think it would have taken inspector jung this long to figure out hwi is dami. after finding out the truth, i had hoped that he would unwillingly keep the secret to protect ji un and himself. however, it seems from the preview that he ends up reporting back to lord sangheon instead. i think kim ga on comes back in time to save hwi from the assassination attempt. things are getting exciting as all the key players are now in on hwi's secret. i can't wait to see how it all plays out. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Okay as much as I love our couple, I legit could not enjoy the kiss scene because of how stressed I was with the two of them kissing right in front of Ji Woon’s dad!!!! :crybaby:

He definitely knows that Hwi is Dami now and based on the preview, it looks like he’s going to try killing her?! Why the heck would he do that?! Who will be king then :huh: I’ve been trying to figure out how Affection will end and I was thinking that Hwi would somehow be able to get out of the palace and be with Ji Woon, but at the same time, I’m wondering who would be King in place of her? hyun?? or the other prince that got banished? That would be so interesting if Hyun became King because he is part of the royal family too...I’m predicting that Hwi manages to leave the palace and that’s how she can be together with Ji Woon. Orrr it might just end up having a tragic ending..

I’m actually loving how the drama is showing more politics and I personally find it interesting. Also If there’s one thing about sageuk, it’s that the drama starts off all happy, funny, comedic but then gradually becomes more mellow and heartwrenching. I mean this is why I like sageuk :D

I like how Hwi is pretending to be a puppet in front of Sangheon but in the shadows, she’s plotting to take Sangheon down. Slowly more and more people are finding out about her secret, which is expected of course.. We didn’t see Kim Ga On that much this episode but looks like he returns next episode! I feel like he will be on Hwi’s side but we shall see how that goes..

Also the Queen though…I actually don’t feel bad for her as I should? :sweatingbullets: She is still young and super immature so I think that also plays a part of it too. We see her be clumsy in this episode and it’s because she isn’t used to the royal etiquettes but at the same time she needs to realize that the Palace is all flowery as she thinks it is.

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I wonder, with so many historical dramas on air now,

Is there who any korean king, in history who is considered to be handsome?... i wonder if there is any record of such thing in history?:D

I’m loving all the historical dramas we are getting this year!!

@debbsthebee Welcome to the party! :)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Quick Poll- K-Drama Seasons

Chingus, it is time to get warm and cozy this winter.  We are already anticipating the next season of many of our favourite K-dramas, do take a moment to vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons. Don't forget to let us know which drama you wish to see the second season of. :dorakiss:

re:  Your friendly and most favourite EO team : @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

The preview is cute.  I also wonder why the Grandfather or Jung Seok-jo going to kill Dami next week, at least not till towards the end I would guess.  The Grandpa didn’t want someone else for the throne.  Could it be some other sec doing it like Prince Wonsan?  He’s not at the palace but still.   The Queen and her father are probably gone already. 

The probability is high the bodyguard would protect Dami in that assassination.  He’s been investigating why the sudden death of her father.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1