[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

Annyeong chingus! :waves:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. :dorakiss:

@ferily @the_sweetroad @agenth @Sleepy Owl @backstreetboysfan You'll be happy to know that I finally completed ep 7 and started ep 8.

The King is really mean towards our Crown Prince. I feel so sorry for her that she has to hear that her dad is disappointed in her non-stop. :bawling:

If there is one thing that everyone wants, it's to be acknowledged and loved by one's parents. No?

I actually find the dynamic between father and daughter a lot more interesting than the romance between the leads.

Bye Bye Peace GIF by Cappa Video Productions

• Like 4
  • Love 3

44 minutes ago, partyon said:

The King is really mean towards our Crown Prince. I feel so sorry for her that she has to hear that her dad is disappointed in her non-stop.

Yes, it’s so heartbreaking. I love the actor who plays the King, though. He does a great job. (He’s also in Pinocchio.)

46 minutes ago, partyon said:

I actually find the dynamic between father and daughter a lot more interesting than the romance between the leads.

:lol:

If it helps, both of these relationships get more meaty and interesting! 

Hang in there! @partyon fighting B)

I still need to catch up on 13 and 14!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

just finish watching episode 15. honestly dont think anyone would understand if i vent anywhere else.

but that episode. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

call me simple, but im super satisfied with the amount of cute. its like watching football match where ur team is scoring goal multiple times.

done rant. 

will continue lurking and reading everyone's reaction.

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, faratulnia said:

just finish watching episode 15. honestly dont think anyone would understand if i vent anywhere else.

but that episode. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

call me simple, but im super satisfied with the amount of cute. its like watching football match where ur team is scoring goal multiple times.

done rant. 

will continue lurking and reading everyone's reaction.

i am literally screaming right now i live for these scenes let me join you aaahhhhhhhhh. i feel like i should manifest more cuz this came trueeee

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

The logic and emotional sides of my brain are imploding after episode 15 lol For every cute episode though it usually costs us a couple episodes of agnst so just cannot wait for that to happen #dramalogic and glad to see the humor back finally 

Spoiler

I don't for the life of me understand how we went from hiding every step to making out in public HOWEVER I'm not complaining lol Also I was pretty surprised Hwi made gains against the grandfather this early on but it looks like in the preview Hwi will be on the defense again

So far the main irk I have is GaOn, So Eun and Hwi's cousin storylines seem to not be really integrated well into the main one. Either they are in the episode a lot or they disappear for a while so when I see them again I'm like oh well idk what they've been doing for the last 1-2 episodes but suddenly they are back and there's kind of an explanation for what they've been doing but not really. Maybe it gets explained later but right now it feels like characters are poofing in and out with no real transition or bridge. 

I'm holding out hope that Jung In will have some depth to this character and we won't entirely play into the trope where Hwi tells him to stop and he disregards it (bc he's a puppy in love) and things get messed up because of it. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

17 hours ago, QSD said:

How about no tripping just both falling, hugging and rolling on the ground is good, @partyon?

Chingu, your posts made me laugh! :D

These scenes are exactly the ones that I am FFing.  Seeing them as gifs is saving me a lot of time.  :D

Sesame Street Kiss GIF

• LOL 3

Todays episode was literally THE BESTT! I’m with you @faratulnia and I was giggling, squealing and laughing over episode 15. Im also so glad that the show brought back the humor in this episode. It was so mellow and sad the last few episodes :crybaby: so I’m satisfied that there was comedy in this episode.

I’m really liking and enjoying the whole plot around Hwi working with Commander Yoon to bring down her grandfather. Im glad that we got to see Kim Ga On more in this episode and he will be an ally for Hwi now! He knew that Hwi was a woman already too.. I wasn’t sure about him when they first introduce him but I think he can be an asset to Hwi and help bring Sangcheon down. But I’m worried though because it looks like next episode, commander Yoon might die based on the preview :tears:

I thought it was hilarious that the Queen asked Ji Woon and Lee Hyun things that the King likes. Then after they said things Hwi likes (and it was Lowkey a battle between them), both of them were like WAIT don’t tell Hwi that we said any of this, realizing that she shouldn’t find out about this :lol: 

Another part that was hilarious was the whole scene between Ji Woon, Hwi and the Queen. LMAO Ji Woon hiding behind the tree. How could the queen’s servant girl not see him :loolz: But also jealous Ji Woon was cute and funny to see hehe~

Other things about the episode:

- Ji Woon’s father continuing to work for Sangcheon. The drama seems to be foreshadowing or hinting that he might have to hurt his family, specifically Ji Woon, if he continues to work for Hwi’s grandfather..

- I like that we saw Ji Woon help Hwi out today with the posters about the ministry of tax, although he is dead now. It’s nice to see Ji Woon help Hwi and not just be someone who is in love with her.

- Sneaky kiss from Ji Woon :kiss_wink:

- Please Hyun and Ji Woon.. I hope their friendship doesn’t get broken because they both like Hwi

I really enjoyed episode 15 and thought it was a solid episode. I do like how the roles between our main couple are a bit switched and Ji Woon is more of the female and puppy lover in the relationship (lol) and Hwi is more of the man. I also hope we can see Ji Woon play more of an active role and not just be a puppy in love. When he made that promise with Hwi, I was like, yeah he definitely ain’t going to stop and go against that royal command. I feel like Ji Woon won’t listen to her but we will have to see… Also when will Ji Woon find out Hwi is Dami?!?!

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

@ferily same here with you, I was giggling with all the lovey-dovey moments between hwi and jiun! PEB and rowoon were simply amazing in their acting  - rowoon acted out girly longing for attention, and PEB acted like a man embracing jiun's jealousy and expressed her love for him in the garden!

Jiun's dad is not as ambitious as I thought. he would still do anything to protect jiun. but i am worried about what will happen to jiun and hwi when jiun finds out that his dad killed the crown prince and tried to kill dami. i wonder if his dad will beg hwi to pardon jiun as his crime will lead to the persecution of the whole family. maybe the secret will never be revealed???

I also like the part that the scribe's team worked together on a secret campaign to bring down the evil grandfather in the middle of the nite.

not sure if i can handle ep 16 based on the preview!

I know it takes a long time to film a saeguk drama but they started from spring to fall so almost nine months together! and, rowoon and peb will start their new dramas right after they finished the king's affection!  there was an article about koreans criticizing rowoon for not getting vaccinated. he has such a busy schedule and needs to have time dealing with the side-effects from the vaccine. just pray that they stay healthy and get enough rests!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ok so my prediction about the HOT kisses came true...:issohappy:

BTW Ji woon's father is a very mistery to me so far. I don't know if he will betray his son or he will help him to escape with Hwi (another prediction of mine that i want to se come true).

I don't know how manhwa end the story but i know for sure that I DON'T WANT an open ending... They deserve to be happy. :please:

And WHY Hwi still not said to him about her being Dam-yi? Hope she will tell him about this aspect of her life. He loved the same girl for years after all!

Next ep she will be jealous but angst is waiting for us...:facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 11/25/2021 at 2:31 AM, ferily said:

I was kinda confused at first when the Queen, well became Queen. I think that they didn’t show the marriage because back in the old days, when the Crown Prince in joseon becomes king, automatically the King will have a Queen. So that’s why we see the Queen and Hwi are married.

I'm so glad you said this. I'm in the middle of Episode 14 right now and I was so confused that the Royal Astronomers (Astrologers?!) were already trying to pick an auspicious date for conception. I thought I'd missed something as important as a wedding!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

i miss the time where i'm watching drama with fellow friend and we squeal and giggle together. @luna sunflower-nim @ferily @backstreetboysfan, i'll just imagine the squeal-fest it would be between us. haha

did i saw her supposed dead uncle in the preview? when her robe was slashed open. Black And White No GIF

19 minutes ago, ferily said:

@backstreetboysfan forgot that Netflix didn’t show the preview for episode 16 today… I always go on Twitter to watch the preview since they don’t post it on YouTube either

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote embedded tweets. Thanks :)
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2