[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

Really surprised that Hwi got dethroned already. Perhaps, it’s because the King saw Hwi as a woman, which is why he makes the decision to do so.

Also you guys, I’m NEVER believing Affection’s previews ever again. Man, they really got us with the episode 11 preview! As I was watching episode 11, I was thinking, “where is this kiss scene going to be?! I don’t think it’s going to happen seeing the pace of the drama…” Hmm In episode 11 preview, Ji Woon asks if Crown Prince will come with him and see the two of them hug, maybe that’s when we’ll see the two of them kiss while crying.

I feel like Ji Woon won’t find out that Crown Price/Hwi is actually Dami until the end of episode 12 ha… Really excited for episode 12 though!!! Ji Woon will run into Crown Prince as a woman once again…

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

What the Tweet says: Hears the news about Crown Prince dethronement -> Ji Woon says to Crown Prince, “I will not leave you alone” and cries while kissing her -> on the way to Hwi’s exile, Ji Woon has a one on one battle with his father and saves Hwi -> Ji Woon runs away with a woman (?) and Hwi gets injured -> Hwi and Ji Woon safely ride the boat and leave???

I just thought it’s interesting how this person did the timeline for episode 12 tomorrow haha… I had a feeling that once we got episode 12 preview, the kiss scene would happen at the same time we see Hwi and Ji Woon hugging in the preview.

I’m wondering if Hwi escapes from Ji Woon’s father and dresses as a girl so that she doesn’t get caught?

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I’m also surprised the CP eventually gets dethroned, however, it’s good as she won’t have to deal with marriage.  Enjoying how the story moving along.  The burning question is how she would be able to get back to the palace later on.  I wonder why Jiun’s father hurting/killing Dami in the preview.  He works for the grandpa.  Hmmm… the grandpa couldn’t possibly knowing Dami is a girl too.  Maybe not yet.  Something else going on if he really wants to terminate Dami now.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, QSD said:

I’m also surprised the CP eventually gets dethroned, however, it’s good as she won’t have to deal with marriage.  Enjoying how the story moving along.  The burning question is how she would be able to get back to the palace later on.  I wonder why Jiun’s father hurting/killing Dami in the preview.  He works for the grandpa.  Hmmm… the grandpa couldn’t possibly knowing Dami is a girl too.  Maybe not yet.  Something else going on if he really wants to terminate Dami now.

Let just say the evil prince ( hyun brother ) will get exposed for something and then CP will get his place back. 

I believe 100% even if king knew about dami he wont kill her but will protect her because he already promise to his late wife that he will protect her. 

I think he didnt want to get close to dami because it dangerous with so many people want her to go down

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

KBS 2TV’s “The King’s Affection” defended its title as the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday evening drama!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 15 episode of “The King’s Affection” garnered average nationwide viewership ratings of 7.1 percent, which is similar to last week‘s ratings of 7.2 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-kings-affection-maintains-strong-ratings-as-secret-royal-inspector-joy-and-idol-the-coup-experience-slight-rises/#ixzz7CLeT7AGM

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I thought I saw it mentioned here, but now cannot find the post, ... have you guys heard this one?

Kim Ga On ... is the REAL Crown Prince

- No, he didn't die

- His mysterious mission is to kill all those involved with killing his beloved tutor

- He is protecting his sister

- His father has always known, and allowed the deception with his daughter to continue, while his son recovered from his wounds, and why currently he won't banish Ga On from the palace. 

So, what do you think?  It makes a happy ending with our leads so much easier, and it would simply be an awesome reveal if he at the height of the final battle announces it, which would be scoffed at of course until the King appears and confirms it.  Here's hoping - 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Blob 1

19 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I thought I saw it mentioned here, but now cannot find the post, ... have you guys heard this one?

Kim Ga On ... is the REAL Crown Prince

- No, he didn't die

- His mysterious mission is to kill all those involved with killing his beloved tutor

- He is protecting his sister

- His father has always known, and allowed the deception with his daughter to continue, while his son recovered from his wounds, and why currently he won't banish Ga On from the palace. 

So, what do you think?  It makes a happy ending with our leads so much easier, and it would simply be an awesome reveal if he at the height of the final battle announces it, which would be scoffed at of course until the King appears and confirms it.  Here's hoping - 

I'd actually be behind this. how do we make this happen? hahaha

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

i read that post too...telling the truth i like that a lot...she trully deserves to be happy...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Just saw ep11... less scenes of Rawoon!

She cant be really leaving the palace right... someone need to investiagte thre uncle's death.. and can someone tell me, why did the other prince said their father was the real heir to the throne?... confusion... 

But i was right about GaOn...we didnt know about his past,.ie, cant really crucify him thinking he was going to kill the CP when the first worked for him...

The theory that GaOn is the CP... somehow, it cant be... the boy CP was dead for some time.on the cart, im not sure how he could be saved... its not like Chinese drama Begin With You where the lead, even  after being screwed by an arrow, twice, still lives!... i believe korean dramas would have more sense! :lol: ^fingers crossed^

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Previews from Twitter on ep12 are so good... cant wait for the subs...

But seriously.. im not sure why, but if Rawoon is NOT on screen, the drama is not complete... im not sure if its because I want to see RaWoon's/JiUn on screen or what... :lol:

Probably 3hrs to the completed Eng sub.. fingers crossed... :)

Is this a 20 episode drama or 16 again?... 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

EP 13 PREVIEW

LONG STORY SHORT.

ah i cant even explain it.... king died. dami go back to palace ( again ) because of it. and i dont even know what else happen maybe someone can explain it.

i think the evil grandfather abused all hwi/dami close relatives and with king die and noone in the throne and no crown prince too dami need to comeback asap

like bruh we only got like 15 sec of reunion and we got this again? really

And now 100% hwi need to get married to be the king 

can you imagine jiun heartbreak??

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I'm late to the party again because I just watch episode 11 tonight.

With Jiwoon gone, the fluffiness and cuteness disappear along with him. The only cute scene is the bromance between him and Hyun.

The murder of Jani, Soeun's servant is so infuriating. Like how petty are you to keep holding a grudge against the servant that you look down at? Leave the girl alone but no, he freaking killed her. Even when the team is not complete, DamHwi and Hawk Hyun managed to get the murder weapon. I love that scene where the uncle kneel at Jani's grave. For him, that's worse than a life sentence.

I'm glad that Vole Uncle died. Thank you whoever did this but I hate you that you used this to dethrone DamHwi. The same as evil grandpa, you support DamHwi with evil intentions. With the death of Vole Uncle, Tiger Wonsan revealed himself to be a villain.

Our other killer is on the strike to kill evil grandpa and finds himself another enemy in Inspector Jung. I find it interesting that it feels like a love triangle with frenemies(?) pursuing the same guy lol. And suddenly Commander Yoon protected Gaon instead.

I'm glad that Hyun revealed that he knew DamHwi's secret all this time. It actually frustrates me more that Jiwoon not knowing Hwi is Dami. And we maybe have another person to know her secret which is her own father. I hate when "shady" parent figures are starting to be nicer to their children and then die. (Spoilers usually don't ruin my watching enjoyment, don't worry)

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Finally Ji Woon knows that Hwi is a girl!!! I’ve been waiting for this moment and I’m glad we finally get it. Now all we need is for Ji Woon to find out that she’s Dami..Unless she confesses that as well in next weeks episode. 

So the King really did know that Hwi was Dami all this time. That explains why he might’ve been so cold to her, also partially because of the guilt he had towards her.

Okay but literally episode 13 preview, Dami is going to have to go back to the palace since the King died :bawling: Ughh literally Ji Woon and Dami get a small moment together and then she has to become King now. I mean I figured SOMETHING bad was going to happen. The king, in this episode, was basically foreshadowing his death…Plus it’s episode 12 and no happy moments can really happen until it’s the end of the drama. Also Ji Woon’s father 100 percent knows that Hwi is a girl so he might tell Sangcheon (Uncle) about that.

Really curious what’ll happen between Ji Woon and Hwi now since Hwi has to become King. But for now, I’m cheering that Ji Woon finally knows!! (Anyone else was freaking out internally when Jiwoon said he’ll be right back to get medicine because you thought something bad will happen? I’ve watched too many dramas that I’m traumatized…)

PS... I was dying at the fact that Hwi was dressed as a girl RIGHT IN FRONT of Jiwoon, but it didn’t register to him that Hwi can potentially be a girl. Honestly, I understand because I would do the same and not recognize Crown Prince is a girl :joy: ah, this is why I love Jiwoon HAHA

• Like 7
  • Blob 1