[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

I just finished watching with subtitles. Eun Gyul and Miss M's real mom know what's up. When BM indignantly gives her resignation, EG outright tells her that she "is abusing power by covering my mouth". He knows Miss M is enraged right now and she needs time, but no, BM doesn't want to hear that. Miss M just needs to disappear after all this because all her friends, even the so-called good one, sucks.

HJ has no one to blame for what's happening but himself. He thought he could get what he wanted by cherry-picking which parts of the truth to tell Miss M, but now that she knows everything, HJ is no better than the relative he's trying to save. Both he and SH looked sorry today, knowing what utter putzes they are. Worrying about Miss M getting hurt when really, she has more courage than the both of them combined. 

Looks like SR gets her just desserts tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how it all goes down.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I wasn't surprised because that has been his MO from the beginning. when hara got into trouble with slapping that employee at the spa, his reaction was to ensure it gets buried. he didn't really care about whether hara was right or wrong but about how it would affect his reputation. stepmom also said she would fix it and referred to some lady who tried to blackmail them and she fixed it. when hara kidnapped hoon, he was aghast but okay as long as the news didn't get out. so as long as it didn't cause problems, he would have some pangs of anguish now and then and worry about the morality. but when it affects his company or reputation, his instinct is to go along with whatever his wife cooks up and have the issue silenced in any form. thats why he married her. she is the one who dares to do what he will not do. this has been their way of operation their entire marriage. 

In other words, one big hypocrite.

It looks to me like he's one of the grey characters. His early characterisation was of a different type. His constant love for his wife. His guilty concience. But they give him a political ambition. That should have been the clue.

Well he's going down.

• Like 8

lol why would Hara want to continue filming a documentary of her own crime... very smarts.

She for reals gonna think she's gonna get away with all this and never see her mug shot on every tabloid?

Ha. Lady, the only reason it'll hit big is the curiosity of the general public + true crime watchers. 

Though I have no idea how the title 'Female Detective X' has any correlation to a detective or whether it's just a faux placement title.

:popcornjackson:

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

They did?  When?  How Many? :unsure:

From an Instagram post by the actress that plays Hara only one episode. She showed what looked like a script for episode 101. But I could be wrong. The Instagram translate may not be the most accurate. 

I liked EJ scene with the CEO. It seemed like they are evenly matched. Though I feel like ruining his political dreams will be the easiest revenge. All the proof she has would sink any political aspirations. 

I think EJ is being unfair to HJ. I mean New Mom didn't tell her about Oman group, so why is it on HJ to tell her. Plus from what he says he believes (incorrectly) that his dad is innocent. Just tell him what his father did, then he prob wouldn't be on his side...maybe. 

Serin really is the dumbest of them all. Why would you trust a random stranger online with all of this stuff. Like real dumb. Though Hara is also dumb, why would you want to act in that script. 

Bomi is not reacting well to EJ's rejection, she is too wrapped up in her own feelings to see the big picture. However, I do like that mom, brother and SH get it. They don't like the choice she is making, but they aren't going to get in her way either. Well I think SH might get in the way a little bit, but in the capacity of his job at Jewang. 

With all this talk about EJ being hit by her own sword or getting hurt, something is going to happen. 

I think Serin's downfall will be the next episode and a half, then they will move on. However, I am really wondering what their endgame is with Serin's father. I mean are they trying to kill him? That would be a dark turn. 

• Like 9

After a real great build up with yesterday's episode, the drama goes off the rails stupid today -

Eun-Jo was the queen of hypocrisy today - first, in her "I'm taking over" speech, she takes a shot at DF Oppa for being promoted based on "blood" not ability, when less that 5 minutes before, she became the CEO of Haipu Fund THE EXACT SAME WAY!

In her discussion with DF Oppa afterwards she rips on him for not telling her about her own mothers grudge secret, and protecting his father ... after she basically hid her entire identity/revenge plot from him for over half the drama - The woman is straight up idiotic, DF OPPA shouldn't have the burden to tell you, your own mother should have told you long ago, the fact that she didn't speaks volumes. 

Bo-Mi, Eun-Gyul, Old Mom -  I'm really amazed at some of the comments on Bo-Mi about her friendship/loyalties when it comes to Eun-Jo simply because she wont roll over and just accept Eun-Jo's current insanity.  It seems many of you have forgotten, Bo-Mi lost her best friend when Eun-Jo "died".  Bo-Mi, being a truly Loyal friend took Eun-Jo's Mother & brother under her protection and took care of them as best she could. Five years later Eun-Jo shows back up, and while not believing it herself, she watches as Eun-Jo whiplashes her own brother, "its me - its not me" and when Bo-Mi finally figures it out, and Eun-Jo can't deny it anymore, does Eun-Jo come clean and put her trust in the one friend that covered her back even after she thought she had died? No - Eun-Jo still didn't tell Bo-Mi the truth, and she had to figure it out on her own as well.

Now I see alot of you talking how Mother & Brother understand and why can't Bo-Mi just let it go .... are we watching the same drama?  What does Eun-Gyul understand? He's always been loyal to his sister, the same sister he thinks is a secret agent, and spent 5 years in America, but you're looking to him as a basis of affirmation? ... he also said Eun-Jo's brain was broken ... you agree with that too right?  As for Old Mom, just how do you figure she understands?  When Eun-Jo finally came back as her daughter, the woman was crushed, and fainted screaming "Why?"  Did Eun-Jo tell her the truth, did she trust her own mother, No - as of today she only suspects something big happened and thats thanks to TopKnot Mom and a game of 20 questions.  

All the posts about how no one understands what Eun-Jo went through, yeah, they sure don't understand ... because Eun-Jo hasn't told them the whole truth. Bo-Mi had every right to quit after what Eun-Jo did to her own family, Bo-Mi is simply protecting them, just like she has always done - Eun-Jo didn't require their approval to carry on with her revenge, she could have told them ... "HEY! I'm doing this, stay out of it" ... Instead she disowned them and was irresponsibly cruel, and she has betrayed their love and loyalty with her actions - She wavered because of them, thats her problem, not theirs ... Eun-Jo just took a bad situation and made it worse.

BTW - I just love now how she's constantly trying to fight with Uni Oppa whenever they're together, and he refuses to fight with her :lol:

Looks like the hope of the villains now rests with DF Oppa's Dad.

When Se-Rin first went to Eun-Jo to beg, I thought it would be for her life, and that Eun-Jo would use her against the other two, but Se-Rin is still trying to win a competition she already lost weeks ago?  Then follow Ha-ra and her Movie? And EvilStepMom and her position?  You guys do remember trying to kill Eun-Jo/Ga-heun right? ... repeatedly right?   And just whats supposed to happen tomorrow at the New Brand Launch?  Eun-jo shows up as DDM Queen and what? ... Se-Rin drops dead of embarrassment? 

Which brings up a very crucial question - Just what is Eun-Jo's plan for all the baddies?  Ha-Ra is psychotic so lets call her the gimme and agree she'll somehow off herself ... then what?  I'll give Mr Wang the next gimme and we'll just say Mr Na goes missing or turns up dead ... then what? Is she going to kill EvilStepMom? If not then why not just turn her over to the cops you hate so much for embezzlement?  If Se-Rin doesn't die of embarrassment tomorrow are you going to kill her too? What about DF Oppa? His Dad? Grandma?   You think a subsequent investigation wouldn't find Eun-jos fingers in alot of pies ... what if Eun-Jo in the fury of her Rage-gasm gets as sloppy as she was before, and some or all of her lawlessness thus far comes to light? 

That would be pretty special ... after getting her "revenge" ... Eun-Jo gets investigated and goes to prison for awhile ... afterwards the drama ends after a few years time jump, and Eun-Jo is just leaving the prison  ... who is there to hand her a big hunk of Tofu? :rolleyes:

Only 8 more episodes ...

Happy So Excited GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

@LeftCoastOppa ~ are you sure you want a new drama to start? you seem very vested in bomi and getting annoyed at all of us who don't care for her. you seem to be enjoying the insanity of this drama a lot :lol:

there were parts of the episode that I found really amusing. stepmom tells serin that it is too degrading to beg and she does it anyway. the funniest was when each of the villains is worried about their own project. that merry go around made me laugh

serin: what about my DDM launch?

hara: who cares. what about my movie?

stepmom: who cares. what about my job?

all downcast and worried! :lol:

18 hours ago, MisutheWitch said:

HJ and SH just need to get outta Miss M's way. Both look like utter fools trying to stop her.

I was actually amused at how ineffective they both look. this isn't the oppa club you usually see.. :D

7 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Serin really is the dumbest of them all. Why would you trust a random stranger online with all of this stuff. Like real dumb.

catfishing! you will be surprised at the number of people who trust random stranger with lots of money in the name of love. in fact, the number of people getting scammed online has increased during the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55997611 -- loneliness is the main reason people fall for such scams according to this article 

https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-online-scams-online-dating-scam-statistics.html -- signs of cyber love scams/swindlers

so when I look at it from that perspective, am not surprised serin is randomly giving her secrets to DDM  queen. she has no one she trusts with her secrets. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

OPPA shouldn't have the burden to tell you, your own mother should have told you long ago, the fact that she didn't speaks volumes. 

They were supposed to be partners and that info would have impacted their joint revenge. She should be angry. 

she thought she had died? No - Eun-Jo still didn't tell Bo-Mi the truth, and she had to figure it out on her own as well.

BM is one busybody- a good hearted one but she took upon herself too much. Keeping things from her brother to protect him? He has  better head than hers. Be nice to EJ's family and go get a life.

Which brings up a very crucial question - Just what is Eun-Jo's plan for all the baddies?  Ha-Ra is psychotic so lets call her the gimme and agree she'll somehow off herself ..

I never found out her red dress old revenge which went all wrong, mussed up by New mum. So we will need to wait if there will be a new big revenge.

But at the rate the good guys are trying to save her from herself, it will probably go phut too.

I'll give Mr Wang the next gimme and we'll just say Mr Na goes missing or turns up dead

Mr Na is going help her nail Chairman Oh, to protect SR.

The killings will only be done by the baddies. Or the WTOD driven by a drunk ...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 3

@LeftCoastOppa @youactlikeicare

Just wanted to clarify that the drama did not get extended. Actress Choi Yeo Jin (who plays the role of Hara) did post on Instagram a picture of the script. But she said in the caption that even though it says Episode 101 on the script, that there's only 100 episodes. So there was a typo made on the script itself. The drama will still be 100 episodes, as originally planned.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Against my better judgement, I tuned in to watch Ep 88.  No-one asked Gina Hwang how someone could fool her and impersonate her daughter?  They don't even resemble each other.  Can a Mother not recognize her daughter?  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

All the posts about how no one understands what Eun-Jo went through, yeah, they sure don't understand ... because Eun-Jo hasn't told them the whole truth.

Other than the fact that EJ:

a. Lost her baby

b. Lost her fiancee

c. Lost her dad

d. Lost her inheritance

how else had she lived the past 5 year? Was she being slaved? Deprived of food, security etc? Some people "went through" waaaaay more than what she went through for almost all their lives even without understanding from anyone, so it is really difficult to empathize with EJ here.

Added to that, she had the option of reporting the incident. HR could've ended behind bars or have her reputation soiled. She had the option of stopping the career of a thief and plagiariser. She had the option to fight for SH, her inheritance. But instead she made a conscious decision to leave her family. For 5 damn years. Leaving her only living family in the claws of wolves. And the double standards! It's okay for her to betray people but not okay the  other way around? Bite me!

EJ is the kind of heroine that I hate. There. I've said it. And I'm dissappointed that this drama delivered that kind of heroine.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so when I look at it from that perspective, am not surprised serin is randomly giving her secrets to DDM  queen. she has no one she trusts with her secrets. 

She has her father. 
But I believe DDM queen has got SR to trust her.  After all she is buying her designs and not think about being found out? DDM is keeping quiet about that when she could squeeze SR for more. When she passed the CCTV video to DDM queen, they had been communicating for sometime.

But still a very rash thing to do.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

how else had she lived the past 5 year? Deprived of food, security etc? Some people "went through" waaaaay more than what she went through for almost all their lives even without understanding from anyone, so it is really difficult to empathize with EJ here.

wasn't her legs broken so she had to undergo experimental drugs and therapy? i guess that should take years... and the pain and frustration of those years... and she had to build some skills and experience (as a costume designer) to solidify her background with NewMom so that the villains wont notice (but was useless)

uhm, the "other from the fact" you mentioned is what EJ has suffered already... seems weird that you are excluding them? its already hard to keep it all in given reason a) and c). do you want her to be a beggar first and suffer more for a few years before newmom finds her? 

but I agree that I was also confused why couldn't she have taken her family silently without anyone knowing. maybe NewMom was behind it so that EJ won't waver with her revenge (as family really will make EJ be soft and waver) but newmom could have just kept them safe somewhere but barred visits so EJ won't waver. idk.

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Added to that, she had the option of reporting the incident. HR could've ended behind bars or have her reputation soiled

I think this is very unlikely in their world... as stated by the father, they seemed to have helped korea through something so they would have the connections to hush hush all and HR would at worst only be removed as an actress for a time... and she may have a comeback later after gp forgets as the scandal is there but won't be confirmed (due to hush hush) and HR seems to have talent so imagine the fans that loves her acting and says that the scandal isn't true...

also note that EJ doesnt have any money in her name so how can she fight (for her inheritance/father case)... she doesnt have evidence at that time... she is also disabled... and they can easily spin that EJ is traumatized and having mental problems or delusions...  it is only with the help of newmom's money that she can infiltrate and collect evidence and have the reputation for gp to believe her... also it is newmom who wants EJ to wait until she is healed and capable to actually take revenge with her own hands (and not only via police)

finally the real revenge starts, hopefully it will be worth watching.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

She has her father

SR didnt even share the secret of killing EJ and EJ dad with him, and she definitely looks down on him now that he is a bum (as was in the past where he depended on EJ dad which she greatly dislikes). So I don't think they have a typical close father daughter relationship that can share these deep secrets. She maybe even have resented him for not being rich enough to give her the opportunities she thinks she deserves. 

also DDM saved her "life" (resolving the plagiarism and having a better comeback/reputation than before) so not really a stranger in that sense but a savior to her.... and add to the fact that DDM already knows both her deepest EJ and EJ dad secret so what is one more to add. 

looking forward to SR hysterics in the next episode.

4 hours ago, maribella said:

BM is one busybody

agree. bit annoyed as she knows all of what happened (except cause of newmom's death?). she should also try to understand EJ and maybe explain to EJ fam to wait and there is a reason but they cant know at the moment. She is always "go back to being EJ" or "not EJ anymore" but she knows what happened and can't realize that no one can really go back given those events. I want to dare BM to tell the truth to EJ fam so that she can see whether EJ fam can't understand EJ and if they will have the same reaction as her. She is protective of her brother who was just slighted/deceived a bit (heartbroken) but can't understand a bestfriend (who she said was her savior/helper, can't remember), who nearly died how many times (she even saw the drowning but didn't save her) and had suffered several deaths of love ones (and it is even a recent one, seems not even a month has passed). Why can't BM understand EJ, given the recent pain (on top of old pain plus nearly failing in the revenge) which is why EJ is (un)intentionally lashing out at everyone, even her fam, just to let it all out (via the revenge).

At least SH somewhat does and also gives her food on the side.

Edited by tiuserviu viu
  • Like 7
  • Blob 1

Much as I wanted SR to be punished, I thought the going for GH/EJ's throat was so surprising for SR. She was always the shoved and slapped. :Megalol:

I guess HR saved EJ from the furious ferret?

:Fist1:

Stupid writer  cannot resist giving EJ her little brain. Being buried, almost fried, drowned.... you would think she would bring a taser at least if not Mr Wang, but no, she hisses and hisses.  

How embarrasing to be saved by HR!

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@LeftCoastOppa ~ are you sure you want a new drama to start? you seem very vested in bomi and getting annoyed at all of us who don't care for her

New Drama?, oh please, yes - as for Bo-Mi, yes I like her, but not really annoyed at all of you, just as I said - amazed.   For the multitude of reasons to like/dislike a character, it is amazing (to me at least) when some make up things that haven't happened yet or straight up didn't happen.  For instance, over the last day or so, to bash Bo-Mi some are saying Mom & Eun-Gyul understand whats going on, when they clearly don't have any idea what happened to Eun-Jo ... amazing.  Or back during the original thread, there were posts about Uni Oppa cheating on Eun-Jo before the bridal shower ... hate Uni Oppa all you want, but that never happened ... again, just amazing. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

you seem to be enjoying the insanity of this drama a lot

... Umm... well .... Yeah, I guess I am :lol:

They were supposed to be partners and that info would have impacted their joint revenge. She should be angry. 

Interesting how well that statement works for Eun-Jo & New Mom as well ... eh?

BM is one busybody- a good hearted one but she took upon herself too much. Keeping things from her brother to protect him? He has  better head than hers.

Whoa ... so while everyone else was so worried Bo-Mi would spill the beans to her brother, you actually thought she should tell him? ... we agree on something after all :rolleyes: ... wait a sec ... thats kinda scary :unsure:

I never found out her red dress old revenge which went all wrong, mussed up by New mum.

Don't bother me with trivial plot hooks, we got a drama to finish ...  ( probably had something to do with the original Trailer and her swinging a sword in the red dress )

Mr Na is going help her nail Chairman Oh, to protect SR.

The killings will only be done by the baddies. Or the WTOD driven by a drunk ...

Okay, but if Se-Rin falls in todays episode, why then would Mr Na cooperate?  Is Eun-Jo really going to spare Se-Rin to get Mr Na to testify? Doubtful.  Plus Mr Wang asked for him specifically. 

If Eun-Jo doesn't kill anyone, theres only 1-2 that might off themselves ... WTOD is gonna be busy

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

And the double standards! It's okay for her to betray people but not okay the  other way around? Bite me!

awesome nathan fillion GIF

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Eun-Jo was the queen of hypocrisy today - first, in her "I'm taking over" speech, she takes a shot at DF Oppa for being promoted based on "blood" not ability, when less that 5 minutes before, she became the CEO of Haipu Fund THE EXACT SAME WAY!

Uhm, I think EJ is capable unlike HJ who always relies on EJ and especially SH for what's the next plan. EJ started DDM and she seems talented in design, based on how SR and stepmom and their old designer who raves about EJ designs.

HJ? not really sure (maybe he can catch up with on hosting haha)

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

In her discussion with DF Oppa afterwards she rips on him for not telling her about her own mothers grudge secret, and protecting his father ...

But her grudge didn't have to do anything with him as an individual (other than blood related) and he won't be able to help (as shown, he only kept silent for his father)... unlike newmom who is critical to EJ revenge... but IMO at that moment she should have told him that his dad was the mastermind to slap him awake. hopefully its part of her revenge later for the father such that his son now knows his true nature and wont inherit the company with his own choice (hoping he resigns but i think unlikely)

31 minutes ago, maribella said:

Stupid writer  cannot resist giving EJ her little brain. Being buried, almost fried, drowned.... you would think she would bring a taser at least if not Mr Wang, but no, she hisses and hisses.  

agree. hopefully the real revenge is well made to make up for this...

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, tiuserviu viu said:

Uhm, I think EJ is capable unlike HJ who always relies on EJ and especially SH for what's the next plan. EJ started DDM and she seems talented in design, based on how SR and stepmom and their old designer who raves about EJ designs.

While that may be true, it doesn't change the fact that Eun-Jo became CEO because her mother essentially gifted it to her in her will.  A position based on blood - if its wrong for DF Oppa, its wrong for Eun-Jo.

9 minutes ago, tiuserviu viu said:

But her grudge didn't have to do anything with him as an individual (other than blood related) and he won't be able to help (as shown, he only kept silent for his father)... unlike newmom who is critical to EJ revenge... but IMO at that moment she should have told him that his dad was the mastermind to slap him awake. hopefully its part of her revenge later for the father such that his son now knows his true nature and wont inherit the company with his own choice (hoping he resigns but i think unlikely)

Yes, New Mom was critical to Eun-Jo's revenge, which is precisely why New Mom should've told her about the Oman Group connection, NOT DF Oppa.  Again, its hypocritical of her to take exception with DF Oppa for remaining silent, when Eun-Jo was deceiving him from the start. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

While that may be true, it doesn't change the fact that Eun-Jo became CEO because her mother essentially gifted it to her in her will.  A position based on blood - if its wrong for DF Oppa, its wrong for Eun-Jo.

agree but can argue its both "blood" and "ability" for EJ.

14 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Again, its hypocritical of her to take exception with DF Oppa for remaining silent, when Eun-Jo was deceiving him from the start. 

but they weren't partners in revenge earlier (so no agreement) unlike for the latter case where they were already partners in revenge (so should have come clean for the revenge to succeed)

though can argue also for newmom and EJ but newmom already stated the reason she didnt want EJ to know as shown in her recording.

HJ instead hid it from EJ as it was more likely for his father... while EJ hid it from him as he wasnt really involved. (she didnt really want to use him and get him involved but only due to newmoms prodding)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

42 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Agree! Mostly cause New Mom's company isn't a fashion company. It is a international business that invests in a variety of businesses I believe. So while yes EJ is a talented designer and good head for fashion business. That doesn't mean she would be good for all business. Also, HJ we have been shown that when he puts effort in, he is quite capable. If EJ is qualified for New Mom's company then HJ is just as qualified for Jewang. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay, but if Se-Rin falls in todays episode, why then would Mr Na cooperate?  Is Eun-Jo really going to spare Se-Rin to get Mr Na to testify? Doubtful.  Plus Mr Wang asked for him specifically. 

If Eun-Jo doesn't kill anyone, theres only 1-2 that might off themselves ... WTOD is gonna be busy

EJ is not going to kill anyone. 

SR and HR will lose their marbles. 
VP Geum I think borrowed from money lenders from the size of the bag.

They are going to do it.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1